LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DIY Cloth Diapers & Panties

Since the outcome of my posts in Scoop the Poop turned out to be a bit ambiguous. I decided to give this a go. It is not a formal club(one could have used Clubs for that), it is a place for those who do what the title says.The purpose here is to share, in one place, tips, tricks, advice and links to suppliers of materials or other things related to making CLOTH DIAPERS and panties to cover them.  Also to get more use out of the well-hidden Cloth Diapers & Panties sub, sub subforum. So, if you think you will use it, either bookmark it, or, if you do not wish to have any ABDL things in your browser do the following: 1: Click on the Address to Select it. 2: Right-click on it to bring the menu in. 3:  Left-click Copy 4: Find an empty spot where you keep your ABDL things and right-click to bring down the context meu. 5. Left-Click New. 6. Find and left-click Shortcut. 7. Paste the address that you copied into the input box. 7: click on the Next button. 8. Now use the input box to name the shortcut 9: click the OK button and that is it. You have saved a link to this thread

TYPES OF CLTOH DIAPERS -- HOW TO FOLD AND SEW

The story and how-to of the "BabyDoll" single-pin diaper

The website linked to above claims to sell material for diapers and panties. The only waterproof material they sell is PUL

I do not recommend it.. I have heard stories of leakage. I do not think it is leakage. I think it comes from the nature of the material that makes it "breathable". It is watertight but "gas-permeable". Now this is fine for rainwear so that you do not get sticky and wet on the inside. However, urine is a complex substance so that when you wet, some of the components vaporize at body termparture and exit the panties, then, outside of near contact with the body, cool down and go back to being a liquid. They have been trying since 1939 with the introduction of Softex, to make a urine-proof textile material. It does not happen because urine is complex and has components that evaporate at different temperatures and escape only to condense on the outside of the panty and the clothes

So it would really be good if someone could find suppliers of rubber and vinyl

Edited by Little BabyDoll Christine

Oddly enough, the problem with pul is that there are several manufacturying it, and several diferent types/quality levels. I have used pul pants many times and I did not have issues with them, lest not any more than I did with plastic pants.  I do know one of the mistakes that is made is that people will oversew the pul,  every time the needle goes through the fabric it punches through the waterproof layer. If its not resealed, it will leak  there. Most commonly at the seams and elastic. If you dry them carefully at I think it was medium heat, the material will heal, but, it has to be warmed up  to do so. Too hot and it will stick to itself and be junked, too cold, and it will not seal. ALso if you get the stretch pul, that has even more issues with leakage, as every time it streches, it puts microtears in the lining. Pul is a still developing material, and should be better as time goes on. Still, because of how the material looks and feels, its way way easy to miss that there might be a hole tell you get an active leak. The usse that Christine has brought up is also an issue with some types of pul, and other 'waterproof' fabric. As mostly when they say waterproof they mean water rejecting. and the breathable fabrics can and will let moisture through as well. Maybe not the liquard part, but definatly will let vapor through, this the damp feeling you get on the outside of a lot of the cloth covered disposables and pullups.

If you do want to use PUL make sure you get the stuff that is not breathable.

All testile-based materials used for wetproof panties were known for that. Being composite, tastile base and wetproof coating), exposure to caustic materials such as urine causes that kind of thing

What this thread could use would be access to sources of decent vinly and rubber

• Like 1

Honestly, if your not woried about paterns and stuff printed on the plastic, there are a lot of decent plastics available in the industrial and cunstruction industries, its just a matter of sourcing it, and often its sold in fairly large quantities. Not sure how many would want to buy a roll of plastic sheeting thats 50 feet wide by 200 feet long.

Even if the width is folded, so its rolled up on a 5 foot spindle.. Heck check the higher end plastic drop clothes, or, cheep shower curtians can be used.

It just does not have that cute baby print on them.

Rubber is harder, but, I know you can find rubber sheeting on amazon, and I am pretty sure there are other supplyers, not looked for the sheeting in ages, so I do not have a link, but, when I lived in chicago I could have shown you a couple brick and morter stores.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have specific information on making your own diapers and plastic pants? I have many cloth diapers and assorted pants, but only a few are exactly what I want or need. I am contemplating moving to mostly cloth diapers at night, as well as during the day on the weekends and when I know I can work from home all day. I am looking for patterns for pin on non-contoured diapers and a good long lasting plastic or rubber pant. If there is a thread that discusses this, I apologize. If such a thread exists, can someone point me towards that?

25 minutes ago, Anton said:

Does anyone have specific information on making your own diapers and plastic pants? I have many cloth diapers and assorted pants, but only a few are exactly what I want or need. I am contemplating moving to mostly cloth diapers at night, as well as during the day on the weekends and when I know I can work from home all day. I am looking for patterns for pin on non-contoured diapers and a good long lasting plastic or rubber pant. If there is a thread that discusses this, I apologize. If such a thread exists, can someone point me towards that?

The simplest is just a rectangle roughly 36" x 36." 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Anton said:

Non-contoured diapers are pretty simple as @ValentinesStuff mentioned. You can add extra layers in the middle or not. For basic sewing skills, look for videos  on youtube about making baby diapers and scale them up. The plastic pants are a little more tricky and I'd suggest you use one you already have that fits well and take it apart. You can use that as a pattern to make your own. Youtube is your friend for this also. Most of what's available is for PUL fabric, but you can do the same thing with other waterproof type stuff as well.

I've converted to cloth for most of the time, but I prefer the contoured diapers. I'm working on a design to make my own and when I have something that works, I'll post a message about the results. Unfortunately, I have several projects in front of this one, so it could be a while before I can spend some time on it.

In the meantime, here's some links I've run across in my research for flats and prefold:

• Babykins has flat prefold diapers
  • AdultClothDiaper.com has a selection of LeakMaster prefold and flat diapers.
  • Angel Fluff has a wide selection of prefold in flannel and gauze as well as birdseye flats

• Like 2
On 2/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, Alyeskabird said:

Honestly, if your not woried about paterns and stuff printed on the plastic, there are a lot of decent plastics available in the industrial and cunstruction industries, its just a matter of sourcing it, and often its sold in fairly large quantities. Not sure how many would want to buy a roll of plastic sheeting thats 50 feet wide by 200 feet long.

Even if the width is folded, so its rolled up on a 5 foot spindle.. Heck check the higher end plastic drop clothes, or, cheep shower curtians can be used.

It just does not have that cute baby print on them.

Rubber is harder, but, I know you can find rubber sheeting on amazon, and I am pretty sure there are other supplyers, not looked for the sheeting in ages, so I do not have a link, but, when I lived in chicago I could have shown you a couple brick and morter stores.

Actually, what I am sick of are  infantile/toddlerish prints like bears, merry-g-rounds and babies. however, a feminine print like flowers , dollies, dresses or tiaras would be fine, especially if they could make matching babydlolls or (espicolally full-circle) skirts in the 18" range like A. C. Medical use to have

album%20cover.jpg

Longer ones, 24=29", could be used as off-the-shoulder babydolls

blondie.jpg

I sent one such to the owner of A. C. Medial some 18 years ago and he liked it quite abit

Sadly neather of thoes pics work for me. There are places you can get printed plastic sheeting at, I am just not very familure with them. The industrial and construction stuff I can get quick and easy, heck, can stop at lowes or home depo for some nice and easy.

Partly its cause I gotta take some time to work up paterns. Better to use the cheep plastic for pattern making, and testing.

Comco used to seel sheeting of the same material their panties were made of. Now, nobody does and Gary's option list is shrinking and they do not sell sheeting. Rearz has stopped making and selling the A. C. Medical line in favor of throw-away items