LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shifting Sands - Chapter 63 - 04/27

Kelly is all stick and no carrot. A dangerous game to play. A big enough stick will work but it won't last forever and it'll work against her.

Is the sunsuit cut high? Must be terribly embarrassing and yet it's not immediately called out for ridicule by the kids, so perhaps it's not entirely uncommon in this society. 

• Like 1
On 6/5/2023 at 4:42 AM, D503 said:

Kelly is all stick and no carrot. A dangerous game to play. A big enough stick will work but it won't last forever and it'll work against her.

Is the sunsuit cut high? Must be terribly embarrassing and yet it's not immediately called out for ridicule by the kids, so perhaps it's not entirely uncommon in this society. 

I also wondered why the other children didn't react to the sunsuit, so I pulled up some images.  Most of what's out there would definitely look strange on an 11 year old, but I did see one from a special needs supplier that wouldn't attract attention, and it was designed for kids from 3 to 16.  

• Like 1

Chapter 31 – The Deep End

Sleep came quickly and mercifully for Zack once he was back in the car. He took the occasional unconscious pull on his pacifier. Maddy worked hers diligently, as she stared at her tablet. Kelly watched both of them in the rearview mirror, and had feelings of satisfaction. So far, they had both been very cooperative, and, they looked pretty relaxed in her estimation. She’d heard the kid at the park yell out that Zack was wearing diapers, but had decided not to intervene in the moment. Dr. Paige had said that the sooner he got over it and stopped feeling so self-conscious, the less anxiety he would experience. Getting feedback from his peers was going to be part of that process. However, she resolved to talk to Maddy about being a little more reserved, and a bit less gleeful, about announcing her brother’s juvenile underpants to strangers.

In time, the four-lane highway gave way to two-lane roads, which led them to a turnoff, and onto some twisting gravel sideroads. The car bumped and turned now, and Zack found himself stirred awake. Similarly, Roofus started doing circles on the front passenger seat. The greater motion had the opposite effect on Maddy, who fell asleep. Zack looked at the clock on the dash; it read 3:25. He would have just been filing out of school right now. He looked at his phone, but then realized that there was no service up here, so he wasn’t getting any updates on what his friends were up to on their way home from their last day of school. Normally, he would have participated in excitedly planning activities for the lazy upcoming weeks, but now, he didn’t know where he stood on that. The damp bulk between his legs reminded him that carefree planning was not something he could engage in, for the moment. He reached down and squeezed his diaper in a couple of places through the thin material of his sunsuit, looking down over the blurry top of his soother. The absorbent stuffing had definitely expanded, and he felt a bit wet under his seat. However, he knew that the Little Lambs, being an overnight diaper, were capable of holding a lot. Running his hand over the surface of his clothing underneath him, he detected no damp spots.

The Mini pitched forward under hard breaking, accompanied by the sound of a shower of gravel. Roofus was tossed on to the floor and growled indignantly. Kelly had tried to make a turn into a driveway, but had slid past it. She put the car into reverse and drove back a couple of car lengths, and then made a left turn into a driveway that wound through trees for a couple of hundred feet before breaking out into a clearing, next to a two-story building covered in blue siding. There were two other cars in the clearing, a pickup truck and a new-looking minivan. Kelly parked next to the minivan and opened her door, pushed her seat forward, and leaned into the backseat. She placed a hand on Maddy’s shoulder and shook her gently.

“Maddy, we’re here. Wake up, sweetie. Good girl.”

Maddy opened her eyes and looked up at Kelly.

“You guys can put your pacifiers down into the front of your clothes for now. Come around to the back and help me unload the car, and then we’ll do introductions.”

She reached down and pushed the releases on their seatbelts, and then stepped back. Maddy clambered out of the car, and Zack followed. Kelly hit the hatch release on the door, and the rear hatch powered open. Kelly removed the hard suitcase and the diaper bag, then slung the bag over Zack’s shoulders, and instructed him to carry, rather than wheel the suitcase inside, because of the sand on the ground. Zack picked it up.

This thing is heavy.

“Then you can come back and get your tote bag. Maddy, here’s your tote bag.” She slung it over Maddy’s shoulders. “And here’s your box of pull-ups – carry this in with you and ask which rooms we’re staying in.”

Maddy carried the box of Goodnights in front of her, with her tote bag hanging behind her, up the front stairs and across a deck, trying to decide where to enter the structure, which seemed to be ringed with windows. Finally, a lady who looked like a slightly older, heavier version of Kelly opened a garden door, and stood aside. Maddy walked in, followed by Zack, who was wheeling his suitcase now that he was up on the wooden deck. They walked into a great room with a cathedral ceiling and double rows of tall windows, facing out across a couple of hundred feet of lawn, and then a beach, with a dock that jutted out into a placid, dark lake. The room had three couches forming a U shape around a central fireplace on a wall, with a kitchen behind the fireplace, and a dining table off to the right of the kitchen. To the left of the kitchen there was a wall with two doors set into it, and then past them, a staircase that led to a landing above the kitchen. Off to the left and the right of the kitchen, there were additional bedroom suites.

The lady who looked like Kelly spoke. “Hi, I’m Kim. You must be Zack and Maddy. Nice to meet you. Thank you for coming. You can kick your shoes off here.”

She held out her hand, so Maddy gripped the box of pull-ups in the crook of one arm, in order to be able to extend her hand with the other. Kim shook her hand. Zack left the suitcase to stand on its own, and extended his hand, which Kim shook. Kelly walked up behind Zack and Maddy, as they kicked their shoes off.

“Guys, this is my big sister Kim. Kim, where do you want our stuff?”

“Well, I’m going to put all the kids in the big room at the top of the stairs – there are five beds up there. I’m going to give you the bedroom to the left of the kitchen, and I’m in the bedroom to the right.”

Kelly eyed the kids’ belongings, then said “Maddy, you can take all your stuff up to the room with you. Zack, I think your suitcase and overnight bag should probably go in my room, since I’ll be dressing you. You can take your diaper bag up to the bedroom with the other kids – it has your pacifiers in it. Just remember to bring it down with you in the mornings, so that I’ll have your rash cream and baby powder for changing time.”

Zack felt his cheeks flush lightly.

She said ‘diaper bag’. AND ‘changing time’.

Kelly took the wheeled suitcase and tote from Zack, slung her overnight bag on top of them, then guided them over toward her assigned bedroom on the main floor, to the left of the kitchen. Zack and Maddy eyed the staircase, not sure if they should proceed.

“The girls are down by the dock, kids – I’ll call them up right now. You guys go on up and put your things down. The girls are sharing the bunkbeds on the back wall. Maddy, take which ever of the single beds you prefer. Zack, the double bed is for you.”

Zack and Maddy nodded, and then headed up the stairs. Two doors off the landing at the top were open, one showing a large bedroom with a hardwood floor, two tall dressers, a set of bunk beds, two single beds perpendicular to them, and then a double bed in the corner right inside the door. Zack spotted the double bed and put his bags down on it. He heard a crinkle, so he placed his hand on top of the forest green comforter and pushed down.

Plastic sheets. THAT’S why she wants me to use this bed.

He walked over between the two single beds and put a hand on each of them. No characteristic crinkle.

“What’cha doin’?” Maddy asked.

“Nothing.” Zack replied.

Kelly called them from downstairs. “Kids – come on down.”

Zack and Maddy turned and filed down the stairs. On his way past, Zack looked into the other room, noting that it had a low, wide dresser up against the wall, that had a concave cushion on top of it, and a stepstool in the same wood type, beside it.  A shelf above the dresser held what looked to Zack like a stack of white towels.

When they arrived back in the great room, there were two girls waiting for them, both wearing bathing suits. One looked fairly close to Zack’s age, and the other looked around the same age as Maddy.

Kim introduced them. “Zack, Maddy, this is Elaine” – she indicated the older of the two – “and this is Samantha. Elaine is twelve, and Samantha is ten. Say hi, girls.”

The two girls said “Hi” in chorus.

“Your timing is good.” Said Kim. “When you got here, I was just about to call them up and serve lemonade. Maybe we can sit in the living room and have a drink and become acquainted, and then later you guys can go for a swim.”

Kelly nodded, then tapped Zack on the shoulder and whispered, “Follow me.” She walked toward one of the two doors beside the staircase they’d come down. She opened the one on the left, which revealed a laundry closet, then quickly closed it and opened the one on the right, revealing a bathroom with a shower stall, a toilet and a sink. She put a hand on Zack’s shoulder and guided him into the bathroom, then closed the door behind them.

“I want to check your diaper, Zack, and also give your skin a bit of a break – you’ve been in the sunsuit all day.”

“It’s a bit wet.” Zack crossed his arms.

“I need to check, Zack – trust for you is not something I’m overflowing with, right now. Remember, we’re both still getting used to this.”

Sack sighed, dropped his arms and turned around.

Kelly reached up behind Zack with the small black cylinder, and quickly unlatched his collar and slid down the zipper. She pushed the suit forward over his shoulders, and Zack withdrew his arms, somewhat bewildered.

She needs to take it completely off, to check my diaper…?

Then, Kelly slid the lower part of the suit down around his legs and had him step out of it. She shook it out and folded it under her arm before running a hand down the back cover of Zack’s diaper, and then turning him around by his shoulders, to look at the front.

“Is the front pretty wet?”

Zack nodded.

“But the back is still dry. Do you think you’ll be okay until it’s time to go swimming?”

Zack shrugged.

“Okay. Shoot – one second, I forgot something. Wait here.”

Kelly took the sunsuit with the pacifier dangling from it, and opened the door, slipping out and pulling it shut behind her. She saw her nieces, who were sitting on a couch talking with Maddy, exchange a glance when they saw her emerge. She walked quickly down the hall toward her bedroom, dug into her overnight bag, and then headed back.

Zack stood inside the bathroom, considering himself in the mirror. Her asking him to ‘wait here’ had been superfluous – where else was he going to go, dressed as he was, in a slightly saggy oversized diaper, and socks?

The doorknob turned and Kelly pushed into the room, closing the door behind her.

“I got you something, Zack.” She held out a grey New York Yankees t-shirt for him, then lifted it up above him so that he could insert his arms into it. Reflexively, he obliged her, allowing the shirt to be drawn over his head.

“What do you think of that? Like it?”

Zack nodded. He was a Yankees fan. Kelly clipped his pacifier to the collar of his new shirt.

“Good. Let’s go meet your cousins.” Kelly took him by the hand, turned and opened the bathroom door. Zack put one foot out in front of him and tried to pull his hand back.

“Kelly, wait! Wait!!! I don’t have any pants on! WAIT!”

Kelly turned her head but tightened her grip and kept pulling on his arm.

“IT’S…. TIME… TO…. MEET…. YOUR…. COUSINS.” She hissed.

Zack’s sock-enclosed feet began sliding on the smooth tile floor, making him look like a water skier being towed along in slow motion. With his other hand, he grabbed for the edge of the vanity, but his fingers slid off the smooth marble. Kelly leaned forward, increasing her leverage. Zack frantically grabbed at the edge of the door with his free hand, successfully getting a grip, but now he was nearly out of the bathroom, and the only thing blocking the view to him from the living room was Kelly. She leaned into her next pull, and his feet slid some more, pulling the bathroom door partway closed. He tried to wedge himself against the doorframe as the door closed, but Kelly was wearing shoes and had a lot more traction than he did. He slipped off the door frame and found himself most of the way out of the bathroom, still holding onto the edge of the closing door, threatening to pinch his hand if he kept his grip on it and Kelly kept pulling.

“Wait, Kelly, wait!” He pleaded in a whisper.

“Let go of that door, Zack, or… do you want me to go tell everyone about your adventure in your sister’s panties?”

Zack let out a sob and let go of the door. Kelly marched him down the hall towards the living room by the hand, leading him out to the fireplace in front of the couches. Zack tried to stand behind Kelly, but she sidestepped and pulled him in beside her. Zack stared at the floor, cheeks crimson, tears streaming down to his jawline and dripping onto his new shirt. His shirt only covered the top couple of inches of his diaper, which was hanging low and slightly yellowed after several hours of wearing. Kelly took Zack’s dangling soother and pressed it firmly against his lips. He tried to turn his head away from it, but she placed her palm on his chin and put her other hand on the back of his head. He had no choice but to accept the smooth silicon nipple.

Elaine and Samantha looked at each other, at Maddy, and then at their mother. They didn’t know what to make of what was happening in front of them. Zack was sobbing, Kelly holding him by the hand, clad in a grey Yankees shirt and a big white diaper with sheep on it.

Kelly spoke. “Girls, Kim, this is Zack. Zack, say hi.” She squeezed his hand.

“Hi.” Zack croaked around his pacifier, without raising his eyes from the floor. Maddy sat on the couch, frozen, a look of horror on her face.

Kelly continued. “What Zack and I need you to know is this: Zack wears diapers, all the time. Zack’s doctor prescribed them, and I’ve decided that we are not going to be sneaking around, trying to hide them from everyone – that would be way too stressful for Zack, and his doctor agrees that right now, that much stress wouldn’t be good for him. So, I just wanted to get this out of the way, so there’s no whispering or wondering going on around him. If you ever see that Zack’s not in a diaper, you’re to tell an adult right away. Does anyone have any questions?”

Zack pulled his hand out of Kelly’s, crossed his arms in front of himself, and hunched over, trying to make himself as small as possible. Samantha raised her hand as though she was in school.

Kelly smiled. “Yes Samantha?”

Samantha hesitated, then spoke. “Does he… wear them at night, too?”

Kelly nodded. “Yes, Samantha, he does. This is actually one of his overnight diapers.” Kelly lifted the front of Zack’s shirt with a finger, then let it fall back again. Zack flinched. “He also has cute daytime diapers with a tractor print on them, which I’m sure you’ll get a chance to see, and he has swim diapers. And cloth diapers and plastic panties, for when we go up to Grandma’s trailer.”

“Does he ever…” Samantha paused, then blurted out her question: “Does he poop in them?”

“Zack and I are working that out. He can do anything he needs to in his diapers. But if he’s been good, and if there’s an opportunity, sometimes he goes poo poo on the potty like a big boy, which makes my life a bit easier, doesn’t it, Zack?”

Zack put one foot on top of the other and stared at them intently. He felt like he was blushing up to his forehead.

Samantha turned her gaze towards Maddy. “Does Maddy hafta wear diapers too?”

Kelly looked at Maddy. “Maddy wears pull-ups to bed, and she’s got one on now because she sometimes wets in the car, but during the day, Maddy doesn’t need them, currently. What about you – do either of you girls wear nappies?”

The two girls looked at each other, and then Samantha slowly nodded. “I, uh, sometimes, uh, wear, uh, like, kinda a pull-up. Only at night.”

Kim walked over from the kitchen. “Since we’re being totally open – which I think is great, by the way – what Samantha means to say is that she wears baby nappies at night – cloth ones. And sometimes during the day, when she has issues with paying attention, or in the car, much like Maddy. We don’t do disposables because we’re up here for most of the summer and it’s just too much to cart them to the dump.”

Samantha’s cheeks flushed slightly.

Kelly looked at Kim. “I brought cloth nappies for them for when we’re at the trailer. Did you want them to wear cloth here as well?”

“No, no, that’s fine, you’re only here for a week, it’s only one run to the dump. We just hate having to do it all summer. Unless Maddy wants to wear baby nappies like her cousin? They’re super cute and comfy. I have pins with pink plastic heads on them, and lots of different plastic panties she can choose from.”

Maddy looked between Kelly and Kim, unsure of what to say. Kelly spoke. “Why don’t we give them a try for tonight and see what you think?”

Maddy nodded reluctantly.

“Lovely!” Kim said. “What I’ll have them do tomorrow is to wear their baby nappies down to the lake in the morning. They can rinse out their plastic panties, and then swim in their nappies for an hour, to give them a flush. Then, they can lay everything out on the boat and, and they’ll dry up nicely by dinner time.”

Kelly looked at Zack, who was still staring at his feet and raining tears onto his shirt. His light blue pacifier bobbed lightly as he took heavy breaths around it.

“Zack can wear cloth baby nappies overnight, but we only have a couple with us, so he’ll wear disposables during the day. But right now, Zack needs a little tummy time in the corner to sort himself out.”

Kelly walked back toward her bedroom, leaving Zack standing in front of the fireplace. Kim put a hand on Zack’s elbow.

“Come over here, Zack.” She whispered gently. “We have a nice corner, you can lie down over here.”

Zack let Kim guide him over to a corner between two potted plants, that faced out across the expansive back lawn, and down onto the lake. She left him standing beside the plants, and pulled a soft grey blanket off the couch, laying it out on the floor between them. Kelly walked up beside Zack and began putting on his light blue tamper mitts.

“What are those?” Elaine asked.

“Good that you asked, Elaine.” Kelly responded. “Zack is just getting used to being in diapers, and sometimes, he has a hard time with it. Other times, he does fine, don’t you Zack?” She didn’t wait for a response. “These mitts help keep him from tampering with his diaper, when he’s not feeling great, like now. His pacifier helps him deal with stress. He just needs an hour or so to himself, and then we’ll see if maybe he wants to rejoin the group.”

Kelly guided Zack onto the blanket Kim had laid out and put a hand on his shoulder. “There you go, Zack. Lie on your tummy in the corner and have a suck for a bit and we’ll see how you’re doing.”

Zack lowered himself slowly to the blanket, and put his mitt-enclosed hands over his face.  

“Maddy, I assume your pull-up is probably wet from the drive – let’s have a look.”

Maddy walked over to Kim quickly, her eyes straying to Zack’s figure, lying on the blanket in the corner.

Kelly lifted the front of Maddy’s dress, held it aloft for a moment, nodded, and then let it fall back down. She patted Maddy on the back.

“When you put your bathing suit on, please bring your wet pull-up down with you, so Kim can tell us where we should put them. Run along and get changed.”

Maddy jumped up off the couch and bolted upstairs, eager to escape the tension in the room. Elaine and Samantha followed her. A few minutes later, they came back down, Maddy now in a pink two-piece bathing suit. Maddy handed her rolled-up pull-up to Kelly, who turned to Kim with a questioning glance.

“We put disposable nappies directly into the garbage in the garage. I’ll hang a shopping bag on the garage door for now, and then we can put them rubbish bin whenever we pass through.”

The girls filled glasses with lemonade from a pitcher on the coffee table, and then they led Maddy down to the dock. Kelly and Kim went out on the deck and chose Muskoka chairs that allowed them to see the girls by the lake, and also Zack in the corner through the windows. He was lying motionless on the grey blanket on his tummy, face pressed into the blue mitts.

Kim looked over at him, then back at Kelly. “He seems so sad, Kelly. Is it that he misses his mom?”

“I think that might be part of it. But this last week has also been a real shock for him. Seeing Dr. Paige and getting onto this nappy program has really taken him down a couple of notches, which I actually think is good for him, because he was getting too big for his britches, having trouble listening and focusing, and being rude sometimes. And the bedwetting – don’t get me started on the laundry. A couple of days ago, he peed in his pants at the movies, and then he spilled pop on himself to cover it up!”

Kim clicked her tongue and shook her head. “Yup, it sounds like he’s having a tough go of it. He’s lucky to have you, Kelly. Chris is so busy with work right now, he’d be left to himself if it weren’t for you. How’s Maddy making out?”

“Better, Kim, better. Zack had been having more accidents lately, before I stated diapering him full-time, but Maddy has been doing very well, staying dry some nights and getting good reports from her teachers. And she almost never argues with me. I think this is easier on her because she’s younger, but also, she has a less oppositional nature, in general, than Zack. But I'm dealing with that.”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 31
1 hour ago, Babypants said:

For example, he has had ample opportunity to try cutting or scissoring the clothing that he's being forced to wear, but he has yet to do so

It's interesting that you mention this specifically - I've been working on sketching out future chapters, and something like this does come into play. 

• Like 3

An amazing chapter! And poor, poor Zach. His humiliation and infantilization reaching new lows. I fear its only going to get worse now that they're in an isolated locale without even phone reception.  Kelly is well and truly into stepmonster territory now, IMO.

It will be interesting to see how the dynamics evolve with these new characters. And I can't help but wonder if the girls from the clinic might make a reappearance as well - I actually thought it was them for a second whilst reading this chapter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Maddy being enlisted as a helper, I fear Kelly may also deputise Elaine and Samantha to help and we may see them play house with Zack as the helpless baby, with a possible nappy change.

• Like 1

Chapter 32 – Swim Time

Kelly and Kim finished their lemonade and then transitioned over to wine, while Zack propped his head up in the corner and watched the sun dip toward the horizon. He had his breathing under control, had stopped crying, and was transitioning from rage to boredom, watching the girls jump in and out of the lake from the dock in the distance. Kelly got up and walked into her room, and then the kitchen, before emerging with a baby bottle filled with what looked like milk.

“Come sit on the deck with us and have a drink, Zack.”

Zack stood up and morosely followed Kelly, who held the garden door open for him, and pointed to a lounger next to Kim.

“Good to see you out here, Zack.” Kim said. Zack sat back on the lounger, and Kelly took his pacifier from him, placing it on the side table next to Kim’s wine glass. She sat on the edge of the lounger, and pressed the bottle’s nipple to Zack’s lips, tilting it as it as he suckled. Kim and Kelly talked about their plans for the next couple of days; fires, card games, swimming, boat trips for ice cream, and then the drive up into the deep woods, up to the trailer. Zack’s bottle made a gurgling noise as he pulled the last liquid out of it, and Kelly put it on the table, replacing it with his pacifier again.

“That’s my little man. It’s time to go swimming. Do you think I can take your tamper mitts off? Are you done being hysterical?”

Zack nodded.

Kim spoke up again. “Zack, my girls are no strangers to wearing baby nappies. Elaine was in baby nappies at night until she was close to Maddy’s age, and Samantha still wears them at night and in the car sometimes. So don’t feel bad about wearing them. I want you to relax and just have a good time here, okay?”

Zack made eye contact with her and blinked.

Kelly took him by the hand and led him inside the house. Kim sat and watched the shadows lengthen on the lawn, and in a few minutes, Kelly and Zack appeared again. Zack once again had red eyes, but there were no tears on his cheeks. It was hard to read his facial expression behind his pacifier. He was shirtless, wearing what looked to Kim like a pull-up, with a gauzy front that had pictures of cartoon goldfish on it. His hands were free of the mitts.

“Is that a pull-on nappy then?”

“Swim diaper.” Kelly responded. “It’s different from a pull-up in that it doesn’t absorb much liquid, and it won’t come apart in the water.”

“Well, you look very handsome, Zack. Go enjoy the water. Maybe you want to leave your dummy up here, so you don’t lose it?”

Zack looked at Kim, perplexed.

“Your dummy – your soother, pacifier. You don’t want to spit it into the lake by mistake.”

Kelly nodded, and plucked it from his mouth, placing it back on the side table.

“Run on down and jump in the lake, Zack. It’ll be dinnertime soon.”

Kim interjected. “And then you can try out our cloth baby diapers and see what you think of those. My girls found them to be very comfortable. They have lots of cute plastic panties to choose from, too.”

Zack walked down the steps at the front of the deck and made his way over to the dock. The three girls waved at him, but he walked past them and sat at the end, dangling his feet and staring across the lake.

Kelly turned to Kim. “You’re going to have to give me a lesson on getting them into cloth diapers. That is something I have not done before.”

Kim smiled. “No problem, you’ll be a pro in no time. At least at this age they don’t squirm and pee on you while you’re doing it, and you’re less likely to stick them with a pin.”

Zack sat at the end of the dock, feeling the breeze coming off the lake play across his skin. The sun hung lower in the sky, creating an orange trail that wavered and shimmered with the movement of the water. Knowing that the girls had their own histories with diapers did little to diminish his feelings about being the only person on the dock currently wearing one.

Everyone throwing round the term ‘baby nappies’ and ‘baby diapers’ doesn’t help.

Zack dipped his feet into the water. He felt a vibration through the dock, and then Elaine, wearing a purple two-piece bathing suit, was seated beside him, hanging her own feet off the edge of the dock. He looked away from her.

“Don’t feel badly, Zack. I, uh, kinda like your pull-up. It reminds me a bit of Finding Nemo…”

Zack snorted despite himself.

“THAT doesn’t make me feel better.”

Elaine smiled. “Come on, Zack – it was a good movie.”

“Yeah, if you’re like three.”

“I liked it when I was three.”

“Yeah, well I’m dressed like I’m three.”

“Well, you’re tall for a toddler.”

Zack turned and looked at her, trying to read her face. Her smile seemed genuine. He shrugged, and his cheeks flushed again.

“Listen, Zack, Kelly’s been my aunt a lot longer than she’s been your stepmom. We all know she can be a terrorist. I’m sure whatever happened that led you to this is not entirely your fault.”

Zack looked across the lake.

“Anyway, let’s go for a dip before it gets late and we all have to put on baby nappies and drink vegetarian formula for dinner and whatever else Aunt Kelly thinks is good for us!” With that, Elain pushed off the dock and slipped into the water legs first, turning under water and emerging to look at Zack. Zack looked at her, looked up at the sun, and then let himself slide off the dock and into the cool waters. His diaper flooded alarmingly, but did not expand.

Chapter 33 – Pro in No Time

Zack, Maddy, Elaine and Samantha walked up the pathway from the dock. Maddy and Samantha were the driest, having been out of the water the longest. Elaine’s bathing suit was wet, and water ran down her legs in rivulets. Zack was trailing a small stream as he squelched along the path, his swim diaper slowly releasing the water it had collected. When they got up to the deck, Kim handed them towels, and then told them to dry off before coming into the house. Kelly had Zack stay outside after the other kids came in, and she wrapped the towel around his waist and then reached under it and pulled open the sides on his swim diaper.

“I read that we can dry this out and use it for another day if it hasn’t come apart,” she said.

Zack walked into the house just as Elaine was leading Maddy and Samantha toward Kim’s bedroom. Kelly motioned for Zack to follow her toward her room, and Kim followed.

“Okay, Zack, listen – Kim is going to give me a hand with this, because I’ve never put a cloth nappy on anyone before. But we’ll do it the same way – I’ll put it out on the bed, and you can lie down on it and pull it over yourself, and then we’ll mess around with pinning you into it. Sound good?”

Zack didn’t think it sounded very good at all, but at this point he was exhausted, and past arguing. He shrugged. Kelly opened his diaper suitcase and pulled out a pre-folded cloth diaper, laying it out flat on the bed, and then she opened a blister pack of pink diaper pins, depositing two of them next to the cloth. Kim interrupted her, and repositioned it into more of an hourglass shape, and then both of them turned their backs to him, and he dropped his towel to the floor and climbed onto the gigantic king size bed. He sat in the middle of the diaper, then folded the front of it up to his belly.

“Okay.” He spoke.

They turned around, and Kelly climbed up beside him on the bed, at his waist level. Kim climbed on from the end, and moved his feet out of the ‘hourglass position’ favoured by Kelly, so that she could kneel between them.

“Okay, Kelly, here’s what we’re going for. We’re going to take this material…” She reached over his left hip and pulled the back corner of the flat cloth over the front. “Then, we’re going to stretch it over the front until it’s snug. Now, this is key – you want to catch both sides of the cloth with the tip of the pin, obviously  – in through the back, in and out of the front panel– but THEN, you want to go through the back again – it’s that second skewering that takes the pressure off the head of the pin, otherwise the tension in the fabric may bend the pin head back until it pops open. Which is not very convenient. You try this side.”

Kim clambered over Zack’s prone legs so that she was opposite to where Kelly had been sitting, and then Kelly climbed over to where Kim had been, facing Zack’s diaper straight on. She grasped the righthand back corner of the white cloth square, and pulled it up over Zack’s hip, and then pinned it as Kim had shown her, into the back flap, through the front, and back through the back flap again. Kim gave the edge of the diaper a tug just above Zack’s navel.

“And there you have it, one cloth baby nappy, expertly fastened!” She high-fived Kelly. “If you feel up to doing it yourself next time, I have a change table set up in the second bedroom on the landing upstairs, for Samantha. It’s easier on my back not to have to bend over when I’m diapering her.”

“They make change tables for kids this size?” She tilted her head towards Zack.

“I’m sure somebody does, but that’s not what I bought. I found a place that sells dresser topper kits, they turn any dresser into a changing table. It comes with a cushion for the top, a stepstool in any stain colour you like, and a safety strap, plus a few slipcovers for the cushion that are washable. I’m telling you, it’s saved my back.”

“Send me a link to where you bought it.”

Both of got down off the bed, and then Zack followed. Kelly went over to Zacks suitcase and pulled out something out, unfolding it and then holding it low.

“Here you go, little man – plastic panties to complete the look.” Zack felt his cheeks redden as he stepped into the clear plastic garment. Kelly pulled them up, and then she pulled the light blue drawstring through the latch mechanism at the back until it was snug, and then tied it in a bow.

“That’s a fancy bit of kit – what’s that all about? The girls’ panties just have elastics. I thought he’d be borrowing something from them.”

Kelly looked at Zack. “He probably wouldn’t mind wearing something pretty...” she gave him a wink. “But these ones have a special feature.”

Kelly turned Zack by towing him toward Kim with the waistband of his pants. “It’s a locking mechanism. Prevents tampering.”

Kim raised her eyebrows. “Ohhhh…. Do we have an escape artist, then?”

Kelly tilted her head to one side. “I could tell you a story. But I think we’re getting past that now, right little man?”

Zack stared at his feet.

“Do you want your Yankees shirt?”

Zack nodded. Kelly picked it up off of the chair where she’d put it earlier, and handed it to Zack, who pulled it over his head immediately. “Do you need your pacifier right now, or do you think you can wait until bedtime for that?”

Zack whispered. “I can wait until bedtime.”

Kim spoke. “Good boy, then go and join your cousins, while your mom and I make dinner.”

Zack shot her a look at the ‘mom’ comment but decided not to say anything. He walked out of the room, getting used to the feeling of being in plastic pants and a cloth diaper. They were quieter than disposables, and had a different kind of bulk to them. They almost felt loose. He wasn’t sure if he liked it or not.

When he got out to the deck, he could see his cousins and his sister making their way back toward the dock in the setting sun. He walked down the deck stairs and trotted to catch up with them. Maddy and Samantha were in cloth diapers and plastic pants as well; Maddy’s were a translucent pink, and Samantha’s were light purple, both under t-shirts. Elaine was wearing a concert t-shirt over grey shorts.

It felt weird to be walking around outdoors in plastic pants, but at least he had company now, and Maddy seemed not to be uncomfortable in the least. Zack’s head swiveled around. On either side of the lawn that lead down to the lake was a stand of trees which entirely eliminated the view of any neighbouring properties. The only clear line of sight was across the lake, but Zack didn’t think that the cottages on the distant shore had much of a view of them – he could barely make out any features on the buildings.

Elaine turned to Zack as he walked up to them. “How’s the baby nappy feel so far?”

Zack shrugged.

She turned to Maddy. “What about you?”

“Well…” Maddy thought about her response. “They feel a LOT different from pull-ups, to me, because I don’t wear diapers EVER.”

Zack looked at Maddy. “Who put the diapers on you guys?”

Maddy looked at Elaine. “She did.”

“You know how to put these on?” Zack asked.

It was Elain’s turn to shrug. “Not my first time and it won’t be the last.” Samantha shot her a look, and then ran out ahead of them, and Maddy picked up her pace to catch up.

They all sat down at the end of the dock and watched water bugs skim across the surface of the lake, and fish jumping in the fading light. Zack’s earlier bottle on the deck caught up with him, and he dribbled freely into the cloth beneath him. The dinner bell rang, and Elaine took his hand, as they stood up and walked away from the darkening waters, the crinkling of his plastic pants accompanying them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapters 32 & 33

The story seems to be in a holding pattern.  Hopefully, Zack is about to learn what makes the terrorist tick because the reference to vegetarian formula is downright weird.  If that's what's about to happen, it will be neat to see how he processes what he learns, and what he does with it.

• Like 3

Not the pink pins underneath clear pants! Lucky Elaine didn't say anything - hard to read her - she knows Kelly is a bitch, but also used the phrase "baby nappies" with Zack perhaps oblivious to its humiliation.

Zach now losing bladder control - probably will need another change before bed - won't want a rash and cloth usually not as absorbent unless really bulky.

• Like 2

Chapter 34 – History Lessons

After dinner, the kids congregated in the kitchen to deal with the dishes. Zack and Maddy washed them, while Elaine and Samantha put them away, because they knew the layout of the kitchen. Once the chore was done, they reconvened in the dining room, where Kim said that because they’d washed the dishes without being asked, she would put a fire on for them. They all filed down off the deck to an area on the lawn overlooking the lake where square armor stones had been positioned as seats around a circle of rocks that served as the perimeter of the fire pit. Kelly sprayed each of their legs and arms with mosquito repellent, and then went over to a shed beside the cottage, returning with an armful of firewood that she dropped behind one of the stones. Then, she went back to the shed again, returning with kindling and pieces of egg cartons. Within minutes, she had a fire started.

She addressed the group. “Remember, those of you in plastic panties, sparks will put holes in them, so don’t get too close.”

Maddy looked down at her plastic panties. “Can they catch on fire…?”

“Not if they’re wet!” Samantha replied. Maddy looked concerned. Elaine leaned over to her and said “They’re not going to catch on fire. Don’t worry.”

The fire crackled and gradually burned down to a bed of coals, at which point, Kim and Kelly came back down to join them, Kelly carrying sticks and marshmallows. Kim handed them mugs of cocoa. The younger kids began eagerly setting the white puffs of sugar ablaze, however Zack leaned carefully forward and slowly bronzed his.

“I like your technique.” Kim remarked.

Zack ate marshmallows and drank cocoa, and in the dark, around the fire, he eventually forgot what he was wearing for a while, and became talkative. He was comparing notes with Elaine on their preferred apps and online games, a conversation somewhat hindered by the lack of cellular service, however, in watching them chat, Kim had the thought that had there been service, they probably would have been looking at their phones instead of talking about them.

Then Zack felt a rumbling from below that reminded him once again about his predicament. He looked at the clock on his phone: 9:42. By now, he was well acquainted with Kelly’s rules about no in-and-out privileges, but he thought that maybe there would be an exception made for cloth diapers. He stood up and went over to the marshmallow bag beside her, and then leaned over and whispered into her hear.

“Kelly… can I maybe get a chance to go to the bathroom before we go to bed?”

Kelly put her hand on Zack’s back and gave it a quick rub. “I think we’re done with changes for the night, little man. You do what you need to do – it’s okay.”

With an effort, Zack tried to keep his tone light. He did not want to strike a contentious note.

“Please, Kelly – I need to go number two. Wouldn’t it be better not to do that in, you know, cloth…” He let his thought die in the air.

“You should have thought about that when you were diapered, Zack. When we put you in these, we knew what might happen. It’s fine. It’s not a big deal, really.”

Kim caught the last few words of Kelly’s conversation with Zack, and said in a louder voice, “What does he need, Kel?”

Kelly laughed. “Nothing, Kim, nothing. He didn’t think to go poopoo on the potty earlier, and now he’s campaigning to be let out of his nappy, because he doesn’t think they can take it.”

Kim laughed in return. “You’ll be fine, Zack. There’s nothing you can do in those cloth nappies that hasn’t been done before. Just ask these two.”

Elaine and Samantha looked at each other.

Kim lowered her voice and addressed Zack again. “Listen, little man, if you want to, you can go off by yourself, down by the dock for a bit. Just don’t go in the water. Would that help?”

Zack nodded, turned, and walked morosely toward the dock. Kelly watched the flickering fire reflect in his plastic panties as he went. Elaine went to stand up, but Kim said, “Let him be for a few minutes, sweetie.” Elaine sat back down.

Zack walked up the short ramp onto the dock. The moon was just rising in the sky and the surface of the lake was an inky black. The water made gentle lapping sounds against the aluminum frame of the dock. Looking back up the beach, Zack could see the people sitting around the fire, however he knew that, from their perspective, he was shrouded in darkness, barely a silhouette. He walked back and forth on the wooden surface, unsure of what to do with himself. His intestines rumbled again, and he felt pressure building. The circles he was walking in grew tighter, but he had a hard time getting comfortable enough to do anything but pass gas.

Horses poop standing up. People don’t.

Eventually, he decided to sit down on the dock and pull his knees in toward his chest, but that still felt awkward. He elected to maintain that position, but to lie on his side, so that he wasn’t pressing the seat of his diaper right into the floor. He gave a test push, and that was all he needed. A smooth, firm expulsion followed.

Had Zack been on a toilet, he probably would have pushed again, but having passed the majority of what was weighing on him, he didn’t feel the need to try for complete relief. He quickly got back up and made his way toward the fire, this time choosing to sit on the grass between the rocks, rather than sitting on the hard stone, and immediately compacting the load behind him.

Elaine came over to him and sat down. The fire was between them and Kelly, and Kim was three quarters of the way around from them as well. Samantha had started playing music with her phone at a low volume, but it was enough that Elaine felt they had some privacy. She leaned into Zack.

“Are you okay? I saw you go down to the dock for a while.”

Zack looked at Elaine in the orange light. Elaine saw some water at the corners of his eyes.

“Kelly wouldn’t let me use the bathroom.” Zack whispered.

Elaine paused, then responded. “Well, you are wearing a diaper.”

“I know!” Zack said in a hoarse whisper. “I mean, she wouldn’t let me go do number two.”

“Oh.” Elaine said flatly. “Well that sucks. Your panties are locked, too, aren’t they?”

Zack nodded.

“Ouff. I could help you pin your diaper closed if you could get it off, but… hmmm. What are you going to do? Can you hold it until after breakfast?”

Zack shook his head. “I already did it. That’s why I went down to the dock. I feel gross.”

Elaine saw an orange tear run down one side of Zack’s face. She leaned against him and put her arm around his waist, feeling soft vinyl under her fingertips. “Well I don’t think you’re gross, Zack. I think you’re human, and you did what you had to do. I pooped my diaper on a plane once.”

Zack turned to look at her, and she smiled.

“On a plane?” He asked. “When you were a baby?”

“If you call seven years old a baby. We were flying with Grandma to London, and she wanted us both in cloth diapers for some reason. Mom compromised and made us wear Pampers instead. I told Grandma that I need to go to the bathroom, and she said ‘Nonsense, child, you’re wearing nappy’, and at some point on the seven hour flight, I couldn’t hold it anymore.”

“God, what did she do?”

“She changed me like a baby in the public washroom after we landed. I can only imagine what it would have been like if she’d had her way about the cloth diapers.”

“She sounds awful.”

“You’ll meet her – it’s her trailer we’re going to later this week. She lives up in the middle of nowhere, doesn’t have a phone, doesn’t even have a TV, but she’s got lots of opinions about everything.”

Zack went quiet for a moment.

“Kelly changed me in the back of her car yesterday. Now I see where she gets it from.”

Elaine leaned in and lowered her voice. “My mom told me lots of stuff about when they were growing up. Her and Aunt Kelly wore cloth diapers almost all the time when they were home. She made them wear them everywhere. Apparently, she thinks that kids get… how did mom put it? Something like ‘they get big girl ideas wearing big girl clothes’. So, she kept them in diapers a lot of the time. That’s why mom still calls them ‘baby nappies’ – everything with Grandma is ‘baby nappies’. Even I wear cloth diapers when we go up to Grandma’s.”

Zack looked at Elaine with wide eyes. “But you don’t even wear diapers.”

“Yeah, well, I’ve said that a million times, but mom says that it’ll make life easier for everyone if I just wear them while we’re up there. I told her I thought maybe she should wear them too, and she said that Grandma would probably be happier if she did! Grandma’s crazy. You’ll see.”

Zack looked into the fire for a while, grateful for Elaine’s quiet company. Maddy and Samantha were twittering away on the other side of the fire, and Kelly and Kim were lost in thought, drinking white wine in small sips from glasses they hadn’t refilled in an hour.

Eventually, Kim and Kelly stood up and announced that it was bedtime for the kids. Maddy and Samantha ran ahead of the group, up the stairs on to the deck, and then into the house. Zack and Elaine trailed behind the adults. Zack stood aside and let Elaine go up the stairs first; he wanted to make sure he was the last to head up, in case anything was visible through the back of his plastic pants.

Once the younger girls were done brushing their teeth, Zack and Elaine brushed theirs, and then Elaine asked Zack to excuse her, so that she could use the washroom. Zack walked up the stairs to the upper bedroom, feeling the damp cloth diaper shift under him. It was hanging a little away from his skin now, which helped a bit in forgetting about the mess he’d made in them, until a change in position brought it into renewed contact with his skin, a reminder, like a tap on the shoulder, that it was there.

When Zack went into the bedroom, the girls were already in their beds, still laughing and joking back and forth. Zack crawled into his bed, feeling the plastic sheet crinkle underneath him. He rolled his eyes at the irony of it.

I’m wearing a silent diaper but now my bed is crinkling.

He decided to lay on his side, hoping not to compress the load in his diaper any further. Elaine came up within a few minutes, and positioned herself in her bed, and then Kim and Kelly came in a few moments later to say goodnight, Kelly distributing pacifiers to Maddy and Zack on her way out. Kim turned off the overhead light, leaving a purple nightlight on by the door. After they’d gone down the stairs, Maddy and Samantha resumed whispering to each other, and Elaine got up off the lower bunk and asked Maddy if she wanted to switch beds, so she could be closer to Samantha. Maddy eagerly ran over and jumped on the lower bunk, and Samantha hung her upper half over the side of the top bed, so that they could continue to chat.

Elaine sat down on the bed closest to Zack.

“Zack?”

“Yeth?” Zack said, around the pacifier.

“You can spit that paci out if you want to, Zack. If anyone comes up here, we’ll hear them on the stairs.”

Zack quickly spit out the pacifier, so that it dangled against his chest. Maddy held hers in her hand like some kind of cigar, taking it in and out of her mouth whenever she spoke.

“Zack, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“What happened to your mom?”

Zack sat up in bed and rested his back against the headboard, trying to ignore the sensations from inside his diaper.

“She got sick when I was Maddy’s age. Some kind of cancer, I don’t really understand it. For a long time, they said that she was going to be okay, but then, after a while, they stopped saying that.”

Elaine looked at Zack in the purple gloom. “And then she just got worse and worse?”

Zack nodded. “It got to where she couldn’t get up out of bed anymore, and at one point, they said she couldn’t ever eat again, which I didn’t understand, and I still don’t, really. How is someone supposed to ever get better, if they can’t eat? But they said that she couldn’t eat, that that could make it worse, somehow. And so she just laid in bed and didn’t eat. She had an IV, but then they took that away, too.” Zack’s voice cracked on the last word.

Elaine got up out of bed and walked over to Zack’s, but Zack whispered “No.”

Elaine stopped midway between the beds. “I just want to give you a hug.”

Zack’s voice cracked again. “I probably smell like poop.”

Elaine crossed the remaining distance and sat on the side of Zack’s bed. The plastic sheet crinkled under her weight. “I don’t smell anything.”

Zack wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

“And then, one night, I heard a lot of talking through my bedroom door, so I opened it a crack, and there were two guys wearing suits, wheeling a stretcher into my mom’s room. I thought they were taking her to the hospital, but when I looked in, I saw them lift her into a black bag, and zip it shut. I yelled at them that they had to open it, because she wouldn’t be able to breath in there.” Zack uttered a whispered laugh that ended in a swallowed sob. “Kids are stupid.”

Elaine put her arm around Zack’s neck and leaned her head against his. “That must have sucked.”

“Yeah, it pretty much did.”

Maddy and Samantha had gone silent. If they were listening, they didn’t say anything.

“I’m sorry, Zack.”

“Me too.”

Zack hugged Elaine back, and then she got up and made her way back to her bed. Zack settled under the covers, put his pacifier back in his mouth, and clenched his eyes shut. Sleep came quickly.

Chapter 35 – Water World

Zack woke to the sound of Maddy and Samantha climbing out of bed. As he filed past them, he could see the condensation inside Maddy’s plastic pants. Sam’s were more opaque, but he imagined that her situation was probably the same. He looked over at Elaine; she appeared to still be asleep. Zack sat up in bed and lifted his comforter, to take a look at his own plastic pants. Condensation was visible through the front of them. He opened and closed his legs a couple of times, in an effort to move the air around under his blankets. There was a slight earthiness to the smells under there, but he had to admit that the locking plastic pants seemed to have, for the most part, locked in the smell of the mess he’d made the previous night. However, the feeling out back was becoming uncomfortable, sticky and slightly itchy. When he stood up out of bed, he guessed based on the weight of his diaper that he’d probably wet it a bit overnight, but not to any extremes.

He headed down the stairs, still sleepy, not even realizing that he’d left his pacifier in his mouth, until Kelly saw him come around the fireplace from the dining room table, and gave him a thumbs up.

“Good boy! Come over here and sit down, and I’ll get you a bottle.”

Maddy and Samantha were already eating pancakes, and both of them had sippy cups full of juice. Zack, careful to emphasize that he was still speaking around his pacifier, decided to raise a question.

“Kelly, why dtho I hath tho dwink fwom a bothle?”

“After that fuss you kicked up yesterday, I’ll think you’ll have one more day on a baby bottle, okay little man?”

Maddy and Samantha looked over at Zack, and then went back to talking.

“Okayth.”

Kelly came back over with a plate of pancakes that had been cut into squares and covered in syrup, and a bottle full of milk. Zack ate the pancakes readily, but was not enjoying the warm milk. Elaine came into the dining area from the kitchen a few minutes later, with a plate of pancakes and a glass of juice.

“Good morning, Kelly, good morning girls, good morning, Zack. Do you guys want to head down to the dock after breakfast?” She asked.

Kelly answered first. “Well Zack isn’t going anywhere until he finishes his bottle.”

“If you like, I can feed it to him on the couch.”

Kelly looked at Zack. “That’s fine. Don’t get anything on that couch. Go with your cousin, Zack.”

Elaine finished eating her pancakes, and then came over and picked up Zack’s bottle, before walking over to one of the couches arranged around the fireplace. Zack followed, happy to at least be out of Kelly’s direct gaze. Elaine sat at one end of the couch, and pulled a pillow onto her lap. Zack stood in front of her, arms at his sides, unsure of what to do. Maddy and Samantha watched from the table.

“Sit down on the couch and then put your head back on the pillow, silly. It’s the fastest way to finish a bottle.” She said.

Zack sat down and then leaned back so that his head was on the pillow. Elaine looked down at him and smiled.

“Ready?” Zack nodded.

Elaine parted his lips with the nipple and Zack began to suckle, however he couldn’t shed the burning sensation in his cheeks as the bottle hissed and gurgled.

“It’s faster this way, Zack. Would you rather it be her or me?”

Zack made eye contact with Elaine and pulled more enthusiastically on the bottle. Then, when there was about a third of it left, Elaine raised one finger to her lips, and then pulled the bottle out of his mouth. She started speaking loudly. “There you go, baby Zack, almost done!” While she was talking, she righted the bottle, unthreaded the cap, and then leaned over the seatback, and slowly poured the remaining milk into the dirt around a dwarf orange tree that resided in a pot behind the couch. Kelly was fixated on her phone, sitting at the table. Elaine quickly replaced the cap and pressed the nipple back into Zack’s mouth for a moment, before declaring “All done!”, and then holding it up in the air as Kelly looked over. Samantha and Maddy watched and said nothing. Elaine lifted Zack’s pacifier to his mouth.

“Thankth…,” he whispered.

Kim came walking over from the kitchen, drying her hands with a towel.

“Okay, troops, let’s get you into the lake get those baby nappies and plastic panties rinsed. Hmmm…” She looked at Zack. “We’re going to need to do something different with you, little man, because you’re in a bit of a unique situation. I really don’t want to throw you into the lake with a load on board, but I don’t think I’m up for wiping your bum, either. Hmmm….”

She looked back at the bathroom.

“Why don’t you get your stepmom to unlock your panties for you, and then we’ll have you step out onto the lawn, and we can hose out your nappy for a minute before you go in the lake?”

Elaine raised her hand as though she were in a classroom.

“Yes, honey?” Kim asked.

“If Kelly unlocks his panties, I can unpin him on one side, and he can take care of his business and then come down to the dock, and I’ll pin him back into it for the swim.”

“Good thought. Kelly, can we get that key for Zack’s baby panties?”

Kelly pulled a set of keys out of her pocket and tossed them through the air to Kim, who walked over to Zack and pressed the cylinder against the round disk on the latch on the back of his plastic pants.

“How does this work, now?”

“Once you’re holding the key against the release, just pull the drawstring through a bit.” Kelly said.

Kim tried it a couple of times and eventually got the hang of it, pulling enough slack through to allow the panties to slide down over the diaper.

“Phew…. Somebody needs a change!” She exclaimed. “After you rinse these in the lake, I think they’ll need a wash.”

Zack turned redder and looked at the floor.

Elaine stood up and walked over, dropping to one knee in front of Zack, before looking up at him. “Is it okay if I help?” She asked. Zack nodded.

Sliding down the front of his plastic pants just inside of his left hip, Elaine found the pink head of the safety pin and popped it open, working it back until it was separate from his diaper. She snapped it closed again, and then reached down and put it in her pocket as she stood up.

“I’ll take this down to the dock with me. When you’re done, come down and we’ll get you sorted.”

Zack walked a little awkwardly behind Kim as she led him out a grassy strip beside the building, as his cloth diaper was open on one side and held in place only by his plastic pants. She unrolled a hose from a reel bolted to the side of the garage, walking the end of it toward him.

“Okay buddy, take off your shirt and your panties.”

Zack pulled his shirt off, and then slid the plastic pants down around his ankles and stepped out of them, now holding the right side of his diaper together with one hand. Kelly opened the nozzle and sprayed out the plastic pants on the ground for a moment, then picked them up and tossed them toward the building. She gave Zack the hose and took his shirt.

“Put the nozzle down the back of your baby nappy and fire when you’re ready. I don’t need to watch you do this – just come see me when you’re done. Give yourself a good rinse. Walk down to the dock and have Elaine put the pin back in your diaper, and then you can swim with other kids for a bit. Put your panties on the boat to dry.”

Kim walked back toward the front of the house, but then stopped, turned, and spoke to Zack again.

“And listen, don’t run off without your diaper on, okay?”

Zack nodded, but he didn’t understand the admonishment.

What am I going to do, hitchhike home, naked?

Kim disappeared around the corner, leaving Zack holding the hose nozzle with one hand, and his diaper together with the other. Zack reached around behind himself with the hose, put the nozzle into the back of the diaper, and pulled the trigger. It felt like he was power washing his behind. The jet of water made a high-pitched tearing sound, and tainted water started running down both his legs. At first, the water was warm, because the hose had been lying in the sun, but it rapidly cooled off.

Zack looked around, and seeing that nobody was around or watching, he let go of the open side of his diaper and let it fall to the ground. The back of it was caked with a small amount of debris, so he trained the nozzle on it until all that was left was a faded stain. Then, somewhat uncomfortably, he sprayed down his backside as best he could, until he felt like he had rinsed everything away. He rinsed the diaper on the ground again, and then he put the hose down on the grass.

Walking over to the diaper, which was pinned on one side, and open on the other, he put his left foot through the one remaining leg opening, and then reached down and hauled the soaked material up around himself. It sent cold water streaming down his legs, but at least it was clean water now. Holding the unpinned side of his diaper closed, Zack picked up his plastic pants and walked down to the dock, the sopping rectangle of white cotton hanging in folds between his legs like a disorganized loin cloth.

Maddy and Samantha were standing in the water up to their waists, so that just their bathing suit tops were visible. Only when they climbed onto the dock to jump in did Zack see that they still had their cloth diapers on. Elaine was sitting on the dock, once again in her purple two-piece bathing suit. She held the diaper pin up as he walked toward her.

“Looking for this?”

Elaine pointed to the bow of the boat, which was facing out toward the lake. “Put your panties over there to dry.” Zack followed her finger with his eyes, and saw the girls’ plastic pants laid out in the sun. He placed his next to theirs.

“Lay down on your back like you’re sunbathing.” Elaine said. Zack laid down where she’d indicated, and she kneeled beside him, snugged up his diaper, and refastened the open side.

“Let’s jump in the lake!” She said over her shoulder, then she ran and disappeared over the end of the dock. Zack got up and followed her, hitting the water a few moments later. Swimming around the end of the dock, Zack felt normal for the first time since they’d gotten there. The heavy diaper hung around his hips, but in the dark waters, it was invisible. He was just a kid swimming with other kids.

Maddy and Samantha swam out toward them, and they hung onto the frame of the dock and took turns diving for rocks, which they threw out into the deeper waters. After about an hour, Kim came walking down to the dock, carrying towels, bathing suit bottoms for the younger girls, and a swim diaper for Zack. The girls climbed up the ladder onto the dock one at a time, and Kim slung a towel around their waists and then unpinned their diapers, which fell to the dock with wet thwacking sounds. They stepped into their bathing suit bottoms under the cover of the towel, and then emerged, transformed back into average kids having fun on a dock in a lake. They took the pins out of their heaped diapers, and made a pile of them on the dash of the boat, and then they wrung out the saturated cotton squares and laid them on its dark blue canvas roof, which was already giving off shimmering heatwaves.

When it was Zack’s turn to climb the ladder, he walked over to Kim, and she put the towel around his waist, lowering it enough to allow her to open the side that Elaine had closed an hour before. The diaper slid to the ground around his other leg, and Zack stepped out of it, pushing it aside with his foot.

“Hold the towel.” Kim said. Zack gripped the upper edges of it, keeping it arranged like a kilt. Kelly picked up the swim diaper, and detached the sides, before bringing it up under the towel and arranging it as best she could over Zack’s bottom. Then she closed first one side, and then the other. With a flourish, Kim pulled the towel away, saying “Voila, magic!”

Maddy looked over and said, “Look, we found Nemo!”

Zack blushed, turned, ran, and jumped off the end of the dock.

“Oops, lost Nemo again!” Samantha said.

Kim stared down at the wet diaper lying in a heap at her feet. “This isn’t part of my job description. Don’t forget to lay out your baby nappy in the sun, Zack.”

Elaine walked over and picked it up, giving it a quick wring with both hands, and then she laid it on top of the boat with the others.

The kids swam and jumped off the dock and used goggles to look at the clams in the sand and the occasional fish that happened by. As the sun arced towards the middle of the sky, Kim came walking down with a plate of hotdogs. In a bag, she had a can of iced tea for Elaine, two sippy cups full of cranberry juice for the younger girls, and a baby bottle of cranberry juice for Zack.

Elaine looked at the array and spoke up. “Mom, does Zack really have to drink out of that thing?”

Kim shrugged. “He’s not my kid. It’s up to Kelly. Apparently, the doctor she’s taking him to thinks it’s going to help him somehow.”

Zack whispered under his breath. “I’m not Kelly’s kid, either.” Kim picked up the bag and walked back toward the cottage, and the kids arranged themselves at the end of the dock and ate their hotdogs. Zack waited until Maddy and Samantha were finished, and had gone back to play on the beach, before taking a drink from his bottle.

A few minutes later, Kim yelled down from the deck. “Beach time! Get dry.”

Zack looked at Elaine. Elain translated. “She wants us to play on the beach for a while so we can dry off. It usually means that we’re going to go out in the boat in a bit.”

Zack looked over at the boat. “You mean the HMS Wet Nappies? That boat?”

Elaine laughed. “She’ll hang those on the deck later. She just wants them mostly dry before she takes them up.”

Maddy followed Samantha’s lead in laying out her towel on the beach, and then they sat on them and started braiding each other’s hair. Zack and Elaine laid their towels out up as well, and then stretched out, feeling the sun’s rays beating down on them.

While the younger girls were entertained, and they were out of earshot of the moms, Zack leaned in toward Elaine.

“Can you explain to me how they both talk like they’re from England, but they were raised by a mother who lives in a trailer out here in the woods?”

Elaine spoke in a low voice. “They were born in the UK, but when they were very young, their dad – my grandpa, whom I never met – got a job over here, and they moved into a mobile home near a small town. It was supposed to have been temporary, until they could buy a house. Unfortunately, grandpa was killed in a car accident shortly after they’d moved over, supposedly while he was going out to get them birthday presents or something like that. Grandma didn’t have the means to move them back, and they just kind of stayed, three British ladies living in a trailer park in rural America. After that, Grandma kind of went crazy.”

Zack’s eyes were wide open. “Wow. That’s messed up.”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapters 34 & 35
22 hours ago, Babypants said:

By the way, you don't dry vinyl pants in the sun, because this will cause the modern variety to harden and crack almost instantly.

Good point - I hadn't thought of that. I was mining my own memories of being at the cottage as a kid and laying out our bathing suits on the boat to dry in the sun. I don't recall ever wearing cloth diapers up there - I imagine the laundry implications would have been a pain in the ass, and we had a garbage depot 20 minutes away. But I had an uncle with a cabin in Algonquin park, and for them it was the opposite - they tried to produce as little garbage as possible, because taking it to the dump was a couple of hour drive. So I imagined that, were I to have spent an extended period of time up there, reusable diapers might have been preferrable to having to throw a bag of balled-up Pampers into the back of the car. 

• Like 2

I sure hope not would love to see Zach and Kelly build a bond somehow. Not that she asked for info on changing table wonder how far she willing to take Zach down the rabbit hole. Thanks for another great chapter!

• Like 2

Chapter 36 –  The Boat Ride

A while later, Kelly and Kim came walking down from the cottage, both of them wearing bathing suits. Zack noticed immediately that Kelly was carrying something white in one of her hands. He’d hoped that it was a folded towel, but as she got closer, he could see that it was a fold of something plastic.

A diaper.

“Okay girls,” Kim announced. “Go take your cloth nappies and plastic panties off the boat and put them up on the stairs to the deck. We’re going to take the boat into town and get ice cream.”

Kelly walked over and kneeled down, addressing Zack in a lower voice. “You can’t wear that swim diaper in the boat, unfortunately, as it’s not going to hold anything. Come with me over to the boat and I’ll get you changed into a baby diaper before Kim puts the roof down.”

Something about the look on Zack’s face caused Kelly to add, “Do I need to go get you a pacifier? You look like you’re going to have an episode.”

Zack swallowed hard. “Can’t I wear shorts or something?”

“I didn’t pack you any shorts, little man. This trip is about relaxing, not generating laundry. It’s too warm for a sunsuit, and anyway, you’d probably get ice cream all over it. You’ll have a lifejacket on. Nobody is going to notice or care if you have a diaper on. Come on, bring your towel. Let’s go.”

Zack’s cheeks flushed and he wiped a solitary tear away with the back of his hand, but he stood up and mutely followed Kelly towards the boat. Kim had unbuttoned the plastic side windows and thrown them into a canvas bag, and Kelly stooped over and side-stepped into the boat, stepping onto a seat and then onto the carpeted floor. She reached a hand back out and helped Zack into the boat. Kim was walking around the outside, unsnapping snaps and fussing with the bumpers.

Kelly squatted down and unfolded the Mighty Digger she’d brought down, laying it out on the floor in front of her. It was shadowed and dark inside the boat, and Zack felt beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

“Lie down on top of it.”

Zack positioned himself in the middle of the waiting diaper, sat down, and then laid back, so that he was lying between the driver and the front passenger seat, looking up at the underside of the roof. Kelly took his towel and shook it open like a sheet, laying it across his midsection.

“Lift your butt up.” She said.

Zack pushed off with his heels and did a bit of a bridge, resting his weight on his shoulders. Kelly reached up under the towel with two hands, and opened up the sides of his swim diaper with two quick tugs.

“Okay, feet up.”

Zack dropped his hips and lifted his feet, so that he looked like he was sitting in a chair, but, one that had fallen backwards. Kelly zipped the swim diaper quickly off of him, and then squeezed it a couple of times in her hands. “Pretty dry. I’m impressed.” She tossed it onto a seat.

“Okay, reach under the towel and pull the front of your diaper up.”

Zack reached down and felt around in the darkness, finding the leading edge of the plasticky diaper. He pulled it up over himself so that it was sitting at his belly button. Kelly threw the towel off to the side, and then began diapering him. Just as she landed the last tab on his upper right hip, a hydraulic wining noise started up, and the top of the boat began opening, sending a widening band of bright sunlight across the inside of the boat. As it opened, Zack could see the three girls standing expectantly on the dock, in their bathing suits, holding towels. They smiled down at him as Kelly gave the waist of his diaper a tug, to test the fit. Then she stood up, leaned forward, and extended a hand to him, which Zack took. She hauled him to his feet, and then she turned him with her hands on his hips, and pulled out the leg gathers at the back of his diaper.

Samantha looked at the yellow bulldozer on the front of the Mighty Digger. “I like your nappy.” She said. Zack dropped his eyes.

Kim walked over with a yellow lifejacket, and test-fitted it over Zack’s arms, before declaring that it was a fit. She knelt down in front of him and zipped the front of it up, then reached between his legs for the crotch strap, which she snapped into the front and snugged up. Zack looked down. From the back, he estimated that it was obvious he was wearing a plastic diaper. From the front, with the lifejacket strapped on… maybe it was a bit less obvious. Maybe. He walked to the benches along the bow, accompanied by a soundtrack of crinkling, and sat down. The girls climbed into the boat, zipped on lifejackets, and sat around him.

Kim unwrapped the tie ropes from the dock’s cleats, and the sporty fiberglass watercraft drifted gently away from the dock. She turned a key, and the starter motor whirred briefly, before being drown out by the sound of a piston engine revving to life in a cloud of grey exhaust smoke. Once it settled down to idle, Kim selected the forward setting on the gearing, and dialed in some throttle. The front of the boat immediately lifted and the wind picked up, whipping their hair and rumbling across their ears.

Kim steered the boat across their smaller lake, and through a channel where they slowed down in deference to the No Wake signs along the bank. The channel was lined with cottages that were closer together than the ones where they’d been staying. Families lined the short beaches and the docks, and kids jumped in and out of the water. As they motored by, people waved, and they waved back. One cottage had an immense floating inflatable waterslide moored off of their beach, and the girls stood up to look at it, so Kim slowed the boat and pulled in towards it. The kids on the floating structure waved, and one slid backwards down the slide to hoots from the others. Zack steadfastly did not stand up, although he did wave halfheartedly.

Leaving the channel and entering a larger lake, Kim opened up the engine, and the boat went up on plane, bouncing lightly as it overran the wakes of other boats. Soon, they were heading into a bay, ringed by cottages, with a large pier in the center of it, at which numerous small watercraft were docked, including canoes, kayaks, and several motorboats of various sizes. Behind the pier was a grassy hill with a concrete staircase, and then a street lined with small shops.

As they drew closer to the pier, the kids could see that it was alive with activity, some people mooring boats, others pushing off. Kids wearing bathing suits and lifejackets walked back and forth holding ice cream cones or cups of soda or plates of fries. Families sat on the grass and watched the boats, and small children ran up and down the stairs and across the grass.  

Kim brough the engine almost down to idle and angled for an open spot between two other power boats. She came in bow first, gave the stern a bit of momentum so that the boat would drift in sideways, and then selected neutral. Kelly stood at the stern of the boat, and Elaine took point on the bow, jumping onto the pier and slowing the boat’s momentum with the rope, then tethering it to a cleat. Kelly jumped off the rear and did the same.

Kim killed the engine and then said, “Okay, guys – lifejackets in the boat. Bring your phones and anything valuable with you.” Zack stood eyeing the lively pier and the streetscape beyond it, with its moving panorama of pedestrian traffic. He made no motion to take off his lifejacket. The girls started jumping out of the boat.

“Where do we get the ice cream?” Zack asked.

“There’s a store up the street.” Kim replied.

“You guys didn’t tell me we were going to be getting out of the boat.”

“Well, they’re not going to bring it to us, now, are they?” Kelly asked sarcastically.

“I’ll stay here.” Zack said resolutely, and then sat down.

“No, you most certainly will not. I’m not leaving you by the water, or in a boat, by yourself. It’s not safe. And anyway, I can’t trust you right now.” Kelly answered.

Zack’s voice cracked and went up a notch, even as he strived to whisper so that the families on the adjacent boats wouldn’t hear him.

“I’m not going to take off my diaper out here – I’d be naked.”

“Exactly – you’d be naked! And I’d be going to jail!” Kelly exclaimed. “I’ll tell you what – if you hop out of that boat right now, you can leave your lifejacket on. If you make me drag you off that boat, the lifejacket stays here, we are going for a looooong walk, little man. A loooong walk.”

Zack hung his head as scalding tears rolled down his cheeks. His breath came in hitching gulps.

“Please, Kelly, please... I don’t want to walk around in a diaper.”

Kim spoke up. “Nobody’s going to know you have a baby nappy on, Zack, and if they do, they won’t care. I’ve taken lots of kids for ice cream wearing nappies. Right girls?”

Elaine and Samantha nodded from the pier.

Kelly continued. “Your lifejacket covers most of it, and with that picture on the front, it just looks like a bathing suit. Trust me, little man, people have a lot more to think about than what underpants you’ve got on.”

Kelly put a note of steel into her voice. “Zack, get off that boat. I’m counting down from five, and when I reach zero, the lifejacket comes off, the pacifier goes in, and I swear I’m buying you a stroller at the first store that has them. Five…. Four…. Three…. Two….”

Zack wiped his eyes with the back of his hand, stood up, climbed onto the seat, and stepped over the gunwale and onto the pier. He pulled his lifejacket down as far as he could around his waist. His diaper’s lower tabs, and the tracks from the bulldozer, were all that were visible, so long as he kept downward tension on the front of the jacket.

“Good decision, Zack. Let’s go.” Kim turned and led the way across the pier and up the concrete staircase. Maddy and Samantha followed behind her, and Kelly behind them. Elaine made the decision to try and walk behind Zack, because, although she would never have told him so, the reality was that, while from the front it was maybe a little harder to discern what he was wearing, from behind, he looked like he was wearing a diaper.

As they reached the top of the staircase and joined the clusters of people heading up the street, Zack wasn’t sure if his bright yellow lifejacket was providing cover, or if it was acting as a giant neon sign. Very few people wore their lifejackets once they were off the pier. One elderly man who walked past them asked if he thought it was going to rain THAT hard. The sounds of his diaper fairly echoed in Zack’s ears, and he was sure that he could see people giving him second and third glances as they passed.

After walking past an antiques store and a bakery, and some outdoor lifestyle stores that carried hiking shoes and tactical backpacks and knives and neoprene wetsuits, they stopped at a women’s shoe store. Kelly stood, staring at a pair of sandals, and Kim suggested that they go inside for a look. Zack had hoped that they were going to dash over and collect their ice cream and dash back to the boat, but clearly, dashing was not on the agenda in any form. Kelly opened the door and held it for them as they filed in. Once in the store, she started talking to a salesperson, who brought out the sandals in a couple of sizes. Other customers milled around, the women’s faces mostly showing curiosity, while the men mostly feigned interest, or looked openly bored. A few young kids stood like prisoners, waiting. Zack could sympathize with them.

The shoe store was well equipped with tilted full-length mirrors, so it didn’t take him long to start eyeing his profile, and he did not like what he saw. From the front, the lifejacket did a satisfactory job of tricking the eye into seeing nothing amiss, if you didn’t look too closely. The fact that the bulldozer was almost the same colour as the lifejacket helped, sort of creating the illusion of some kind of aquatic set, he hoped. But the reward for pulling it well down at the front was that, at the back, it rode up a bit. The back of him was a sea of puffy white plastic that cut down to plastic gathers which formed a vee that terminated between his thighs. No boy’s bathing suit was cut like that. No girl’s bathing suit contained that much air. He concluded that everyone walking behind him who gave him more than a moment’s glance, would know that he was wearing a disposable diaper.

Having reached a conclusion that further surreptitious mirror glances could not disavow him of, Zack felt his chest tightening and his stomach dropping. It started to feel difficult to breath. He felt like he was being dragged out of the bathroom at the cottage again, to show everyone his diaper, except that here, everyone was EVERYONE, not just a few people. Having spent most of the past twenty-four hours openly wearing a diaper had somewhat extinguished his humiliation and dread, but now, standing in a women’s shoe store in just a diaper and lifejacket, it came roaring back.

Elaine watched Zack’s cheeks and eyes redden as he looked at himself in the mirror, and tried to think of a way to offer him some kind of relief. Maddy and Samantha had found entertainment in measuring their feet and looking at them in the floor-level mirrors. Kim was holding a white open-toed pump. Kelly was trying on a third set of sandals, and none of them could see that Zack was melting down.

Elaine walked over to Kelly and asked in a low voice if she could take Zack over to a sit on a bench a few steps down the street. Kelly looked over at Zack briefly, then back at Elaine. “Okay, but keep an eye on him. Hold his hand by the road.”

Elaine nodded, and waked over to Zack, wordlessly taking his hand and leading him toward the door. Zack followed, too absorbed in his thoughts to ask any questions. Once they got out onto the street, Kelly towed him over to a black wrought iron bench that faced the road, which was ideal, because most of the pedestrian traffic would be behind them. She sat him down, and then sat down beside him, still holding his hand, and they watched as pickup trucks and imported SUV’s rolled slowly along the main drag, drivers trying to guess the intentions of the pedestrians that stood at the curbs on both sides.

“Are you okay, Zack? You looked like you were going to fall over in there.”

Zack sobbed once, but then caught hold of his breathing. In a tight, low voice, he said, “I feel like I’m naked. I’m wearing nothing but a big stupid baby diaper and I’m getting marched literally down Main Street.” He raised a hand and pointed at a road sign. It did indeed say Main Street. His hands dropped to his lap, where they obscured as much white plastic and yellow bulldozer as they could.

“Nobody knows you here, Zack. These are all strangers that you’re never going to see again. Even if they realize what you’re wearing, who cares? And not all of them are even going to figure it out. Or even notice you, period. There’s hundreds of people walking around. Do you remember the lady in the big green dress?”

Zack looked over at Elaine. “Huh?”

“Exactly. You didn’t even notice her. She had a green dress on that looked like it was made from a recycled army tent. Lots of people barley notice ANYTHING that passes in front of their eyes. You’re not that remarkable. Sorry to break it to you, Zack.”

Zack emitted a snort. One corner of his mouth turned momentarily upward.

“I’d give you my bathing suit if I could, Zack, but I don’t think that would be any better.”

Zack grunted again, then stopped, suddenly remembering wearing Maddy’s underwear at the movie theatre. He sincerely hoped that Kelly wouldn’t decide to talk openly about THAT episode while they were here. He thought he might just start swimming across the lake and hope for his diaper to fill with water and pull him to the bottom if she did.

Elaine patted the hand she was holding with her other hand. “And Zack, I don’t think you heard this yet: Kelly is going out tomorrow, for most of the day. She’s going to some art gallery or something, it’s like two hours from here. So tomorrow you’ll get a bit of a break from being constantly on her radar.”

Zack looked at Elaine. She smiled, and that made Zack feel stupid. She was clearly trying hard to make him feel better, so he felt that he owed her at least the appearance of making an effort. He smiled back, shyly. “Well at least I don’t have to worry about how clean the washrooms are…”

Elain gave him a wry smile. “There you go. There’s always a bright side.”

Kelly strode triumphantly out of the store with a bag in her hand, followed by Maddy and Samantha, and then Kim. She walked over to where Zack and Elaine were seated.

“Let’s get some ice cream!” She proclaimed.

“Yay!” Maddy and Samantha said in unison.

Zack swallowed hard and stood up, no longer wrestling with the position of his lifejacket. Elaine walked beside him, preparing to take up a screening position at his heels, if necessary. They walked past a couple of groups coming the other way, generational cross-sections of families, grandparents, parents, children. Only a few people cast a second glance at Zack, although, granted, they weren’t beholding him from behind. But the tightness in Zack’s chest began to loosen up, and he started to contemplate what flavour he might get at the ice cream store.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 36

At least Elaine is trying to help Zack - I can't imagine what's come over the sisters that it'd be ok for Zack to waddle up main street just wearing a diaper like a toddler. Unless it's more common in this society (no major clues as yet to the scope of the "program"), they think can pass him off as developmentally challenged (ironically the life jacket probably helps to maintain this charade) or they're simply crazy from their mother's abuse.

I hope he survives the excursion relatively unscathed. 

• Like 2

I think someone else said it too but you inspired me to get an account, your story is so good. 

It is the main character and how things flowed. This 11 year old boy is so independent and free thinking. He thoroughly possesses everything and comes up with his own plan. In the diaper part flowed perfectly the mom and dad just wanted to help his bedwettering to the stepmother really getting spirited. 

The way it happened and how he responded was so satisfying. From calming doing night diapers to day diapers then the stepmother buys those locking one piece outfits. He kept his willpower though it all thoroughly responding to all though his thoughts, which would only be possible if he had that free thought. And another thing is this story doesn't forget the simple details like whenever he has to go, those realistic elements. 

My favorite is the baseball game. Having to get diapered then the locking diaper shirt then the baseball uniform. Every detail is gone over in his thoughts, she asks him how he did and he mentions he went in his diaper because he decided that was the "best" option during timeout. 

So many storys the main character experiences diapers doesn't fight gets overwhelmed and then the end, know how it ends so what's the point. I hope I said it well, social anxiety sucks. Love this story hope it keeps being amazing. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just read the around 4 chapters I was behind on, quite impressive 😄. The cousin is wonderful the first person to help and support him, I just feel like it should have happened sooner like his friends. 

He's a independent free thinking 11 year old boy so of course he's going to do something reckless but I wish it wasn't what he did for movie trip. Everything fell apart with that and gave his freaky stepmother control, which sped up the story which doesn't feel good. Jeans and a long t-shirt with working through the chats with his friend and his mother would have worked. He needed an ally sooner. 

And we know his stepmother's story now but still freaky. She is doing what her family did to her wich is sad. At this point the question is what's the ending going to be. I guess one were both win, like him getting through this with his sanity and bladder control during the day, and getting some moments were Zack and his stepmother work through her problems therefore she stops this and becomes a better person. 

This story is unique because it's realistic elements, I hope you don't just destroy the main character like most other diaper stories. Oh ya and I would like to see overalls, he would look good and they can look cute so she'll like them. 😄

• Like 1

Have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with this chapter.  It is beautifully detailed, but when you step back and look at it from afar, it returns to the basic formula of Kelly humiliates / Zack whines / Zach surrenders, only now in a public setting.  I'm with Andyman3 on this.   A kid wetting the bed and abusive parent putting him in diapers 24/7/365 is a dead horse, so how can any author tackle such a theme and make it seem fresh?  That's the problem, and it's an enormous challenge because right now there are 542 completed stories and 2,711 more in this forum, with scores more under the other stories heading.  I'm guessing that in this instance the best way would be to go Kelly humiliates / Zach whines / Zach plots / Zach fights back / Outcome uncertain until end.  It will be interesting to see if, in upcoming chapters, this or some such variation is what we get.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 63 - 04/27