LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shifting Sands - Chapter 63 - 04/27

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 16 – Desperate Times

Kelly stood stooped over behind Zack, pulling the zipper of another charcoal grey snap-suit up between his shoulders. He felt the click as much as heard it, when she engaged the snap at the back of his neck.

“Now, Zack, because you worked with me, you can put anything you want over this. Your choice. I’m going to leave you to get dressed now, because I’m supposed to meet Donna for a jog, and I’m going to have to take Maddy with me, because I can’t leave her here by herself. Luckily, Donna has a running stroller.”

Kelly breezed out of his room and headed toward her end of the hall. Zack looked down at himself. Whatever he chose to wear was going to have to be big, because there was nothing little about these Little Lambs. And whatever he wore was going to need to be heavy, because, at least to his ears in his nearly silent room, every time he moved, his plastic underpants emitted a cacophony. It sounded like he was wearing a garbage bag. Which, he thought, he kind of was.

He pulled out some pairs of jeans he had in the closet, but because he was of a fairly slight build, none of them really had enough excess of material to camouflage a twelve-hour diaper. He looked at his bedside clock. Tanner’s mom was going to be here in probably a half hour. He’d have to keep looking through his wardrobe.

Downstairs, he heard his sister’s voice rise plaintively, and then Kelly barked something, and the door slammed shut. He went over and looked out his window. A moment later, Kelly and her friend, both wearing running shorts and tank tops, walked up to the street. Kelly was pushing a red elongated stroller with three bicycle wheels and had Maddy by the hand, wearing a yellow sundress. Kelly pivoted the running stroller so that it was facing back towards the house, picked Maddy up under the armpits, and plunked her inside it, then leaned over and fastened her into the built-in five-point harness. When she stood up and walked behind the three-wheeled conveyance, Zack swore that he made eye contact with Maddy. She looked up at him from in the stroller. He couldn’t read her facial expression because of the pacifier she had in her mouth. The harness kept her from pulling her dress convincingly over her pull-up. Kelly and her friend did some quick leg stretches. Zack shook his head. Maddy was about to go for a 45-minute jog around the neighbourhood, in a stroller, with a pacifier in her mouth. He felt awful for her.

Kelly pivoted the stroller, gave the handle a shove, and they were headed up the block. A couple of kids, girls around Maddy’s age who lived up the street, were walking toward the pair as they jogged away, and Zack saw both of their heads turn as Maddy wheeled by.

That’s when Zack’s mind went into gear. Seeing Maddy’s outfit had given him an idea; what Maddy should have put on under her dress, if Kelly would have let her, was a pair of her dance shorts. Kelly had somehow spirited away all of Zack’s underwear, and for all he knew, she had it under lock and key. However, he knew that Maddy’s dance shorts, on him, would probably fit pretty much like underwear. And he knew something else: Kelly had installed the keyless deadbolt on the front door of her house precisely because she didn’t like to have to run with keys in her hand. She hated it in fact.

Now, today, she was running with a stroller, but Zack was laying a bet in his head that she wouldn’t have changed her routine because an unfamiliar piece of hardware happened to have been added. He dropped the jeans onto his closet floor, and strode purposefully out into the hall and down the stairs. Roofus watched him from his bed in a corner, as Zack paused midway down the staircase to survey the scene outside the door, cognizant of the fact that he was clad in a diaper shirt that didn’t fully cover the back of his diaper. No activity. Kelly’s keys were in a dish on a side table immediately inside the door. Zack jumped down the last two steps, seized them, and bolted back up.

He headed straight to his bathroom, hoping to use the mirror. Kelly had left the latch off the door.

Because she thinks I can’t get this onesie off anyway.

He found the heavy black cylinder on its keyring, and, with some difficulty, pressed the back of it against the latch at the back of his neck. He heard a click, but when he withdrew the clicker, the latch clicked again, and he could not pull the two sides apart.

This is going to be tricky. And I don’t have much time.

Pressing the cylinder into the indentation again, this time he used the thumbnail of the same hand to pull upward on the latch, while the fingers of his other hand pushed downward on the material on either side of it. There was another click, and he felt the latch open. He did a quick fist pump in midair, then reached around and tried to grasp the zipper from below. There was no way he was getting to it that way. First, he had to awkwardly grab it from above, and inch it downward a bit. Then, he grasped the edges of his collar on either side and pulled them out toward his shoulders. The zipper slid downward under the lateral tension. Finally, he reached around behind himself from below, and was able to snag the little metal handle on the zipper, which he drew downward until he felt that it was nearly to his tailbone. He ran a finger into the yawning slit and felt the smooth plastic of his diaper. It was down as far as it needed to be.

He grasped both shoulders of the garment and pulled them forward, working his arms out, and then he slid it down his legs and onto the floor, where he stepped out of it, and kicked it away.

Yes!

He looked in the mirror. An eleven-year-old boy wearing an enormous diaper covered in lambs looked back at him. Not for long. He darted out of the bathroom, then turned around and darted back in, picking up the diaper shirt and firing it through his bedroom door.

No mistakes. Not now.

He jogged into Maddy’s room, turned the overhead lights on, and surveyed his surroundings. Everything was pink and purple, except for the heavy brown dresser that both of them had in their rooms. And the white plastic Diaper Genie. He opened her closet door, but all the items hung in there seemed to be either dresses, skirts or pants. Her box of pull-ups was on the floor of the closet, but it didn’t occur to Zack to look inside it, or he might have found one of his own from a few days before. Instead, he closed the door, and turned to the dresser.

Pulling drawers out one at a time, he tried to do his best to survey the contents, without messing them up too much – everything was folded carefully, undoubtedly by Kelly. There were nighties and t-shirts and crop-tops and sweatshirts, a drawer with leggings in it, and one with bathing suits. Her top right drawer contained pull-ups and pajamas. Below that was a drawer with spandex shorts in it, but all of them were shades of purple or pink. Zack was looking for black, or maybe blue, even white.

The next drawer down contained what looked like little half tank-tops with small adjustable straps, in a variety of colours. Next to them was a pile of underwear, the only thing in the dresser that hadn’t been folded. Every colour of the rainbow was represented, along with stripes, stars, hearts, and unicorns. Underneath the disorganized pile, Zack spied a plastic package that looked unopened. He carefully extracted it and held it up in front of himself. Inside it was a row of folded rolls of light material in several colours, with contrasting trim. On closer examination, Zack realized what he’d found: a new packet of underwear. Kelly had bought both of them new clothes for when school was over, most of which hadn’t been taken out of the packages, because Kelly had said that was her job, not theirs. His packet of new boxers had disappeared with all his other underclothes, when the Little Lambs appeared in his dresser, but Maddy still had hers. He lifted the package and turned it over in his hands.

Yes!

At the back of the package, amidst the riot of pink, green, purple and yellow, was one pair that was white, with grey trim. He decided to pull them out.

The package had a resealable plastic seam on it, but first, you had to tear off a perforated edge. Zack made the tear, dropping the edge onto the floor. He pulled apart the interlocking edges. His fingers reached in and found the white panties, which he gingerly extracted, careful not to disturb the others. When he had them out, he unfolded them. They were big, bigger than he expected. He looked at the package again; it said it contained “hipster briefs”, made for girls aged ten to twelve. Maddy was nine. Zack was eleven. He held them out in front of him, against his waist. If he didn’t have a big stupid diaper on, Zack mused, these would probably fit. He grabbed the edge of the top right tab of the diaper and gave it a good pull. It came away cleanly. He pulled off the bottom tab on that side. Another flawless, if loud, extraction. Then he slid the diaper down his leg and stepped out of it, kicking it lightly to one side.

He lowered the briefs and gingerly tried putting one foot into them, then the other, before hauling them up. They were even a bit loose on him, he discovered. He went back into the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. The leg elastics on the panties were plain ribbons of grey. The waistband had a bit of a lacy upper edge to it, but it wasn’t nearly as girly as the ‘silence panties’ that Kelly thought she might someday talk him into wearing.

Fat chance.

There was a little white bow centered at the front of the waistband, but it was subtle. All in all, these looked, and basically felt, like the tightie whities that he’d worn for most of his life, before discovering boxers a couple of years prior, other than the absence of a trap door on the front which nobody used, anyway. These were going to work. The only question was, how to get out of them, and back into his diaper, when he got back from the movie.

Zack went back to his room and got dressed, no longer concerned about how his clothes fit. He picked up the snap-suit and his diaper, and rolled them up together. Then, he considered his options. He needed to stash these in a place that wouldn’t likely be discovered, and that he could access without coming into the house, when he was dropped off. He would also need a concealed location in which to put them back on. The gate to the backyard on the side of the house offered just such a location, in Zack’s estimation. He could stash the outfit in the bushes, and then, when he got back, he could duck in there through the gate and get changed in an area that was largely invisible from the surrounding houses, particularly at night. And the only window that overlooked the area from their house was inside the garage. He headed downstairs and out the sliding door at the back of the house. Roofus watched from his bed as Zack went by, without lifting his head.

Making his way over to the side of the house, Zack surveyed the area in the late afternoon sun. A dense hedge ran along the fence line, up to the gate. The gate itself was openable from the outside with a latch, however Kelly kept a carabiner clip through an eyelet on the mechanism, which prevented it from being used to gain entry into the backyard, unless the carabiner was removed. Zack removed it from the eyelet, and hung it over the mechanism, so that from a distance, it would look like everything was in place. Then, he stashed his rolled-up baby clothes under the hedge, pushing them back as far as he could.

He stood back and examined his work; the gate, unless you looked really closely, appeared undisturbed, and the bundle was invisible unless you stood right in front of it. The chances of Kelly engaging in yardwork back there, in the fading light, after returning from a run, were low. There was no rain in the forecast.

Zack turned and jogged back to the house, closing and locking the sliding door. As soon as the door closed, Roofus jumped up from his bed and started barking. Tanner’s mom had pulled into the driveway. Zack put Kelly’s keys back and jammed his feet into his shoes, leaving them untied, then exited, pulling the front door closed behind him, and hitting the lock button.

From inside her SUV, Tanner’s mom saw Zack emerge from the house, and quickly trot over to the gate on the far side of the garage, opening it and then immediately pulling it shut. She assumed he was making sure it was latched. Tanner opened the back door and then slid across to the other seat, creating a space for Zack, who hopped up and fastened his seatbelt. The SUV backed out of the driveway and angled up the street.

At the top of the hill, just before traffic lights where the side street intersected with a main road, Zack’s heart caught in his throat as Kelly, her friend, and Maddy came around the corner for the return leg of their run. The SUV started slowing, and Tanner’s mom powered down her window and gave them a wave. However, at that moment, the light at the end of the street turned green, and rather than stopping for a chat, she elected to try and catch the light. Zack was pushed back into his seat by renewed acceleration, and his head pivoted as he watched the trio pass by through tinted glass. Kelly and her friend were waving. Maddy was not.

The truck arced left at the junction and into the left lane, and in a moment, the subdivision was behind them.

“How old is your sister, Zack?” Tanner’s mom asked.

“She just turned nine.”

“Oh. Hmmm.”

Kelly and her friend dropped their speed to a walk as they approached the house. They stretched again, while drinking from their water bottles and comparing notes on what their GPS watches were telling them about their run. Maddy sat in the stroller and stared at her knees, taking the occasional pull on her pacifier, despite trying not to. Her hand had gone to the chest clasp on the stroller’s harness as soon as she could see the house, but Kelly had shut that initiative down with a quick “Nope!” that Maddy knew had to have been meant for her. She sat and watched the angled light of the setting sun play through leaves, feeling dampness in the seat of her pull-up, and hoping that no more people she knew were going to walk by.

Finally, Kelly walked around in front of the stroller, reached down, and unclipped the chest and lap belts, then took Maddy’s extended hands and extricated her from the stroller. Keeping hold of one of her hands, she thanked Donna, who took the running stroller and started walking into the fading light. Kelly keyed her code into the deadbolt, which whirred for a moment, and they walked into the house. She closed the door, then leaned down and gave Maddy’s pull-up a pat through the light material of her dress.

“Go get a clean pull-up and a change pad and bring them down here, Maddy – I don’t think this one has much life left in it. I’ll get you a sippy cup with some ice water. You were a good little girl on our run.”

Maddy climbed the stairs slowly. She’d hoped that her time in pull-ups might have ended when they returned from the run, but she realized that it was probably only an hour from her bedtime, so there wasn’t much point in getting dressed in anything else except another one. She entered her room and walked over to her dresser, extracting a purple and pink pull-up without looking at the pattern on it. At this point, she didn’t care what it looked like.

She turned from her drawer with a downcast look, seeing the upper edge of her pacifier as a blur in her lower peripheral vision, when her eyes fixated on something else: the torn edge of a plastic bag lay on her otherwise clutter-free hardwood floor. She bent over and picked it up, holding it up in front of her face.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 16
7 minutes ago, Babypants said:

Interesting that Pierre and Pale Spirit think that this is going to end poorly for Zack.  In the short term, sure.  In the long term?  The nice thing about writing a story is that you get to choose the ending.  Ah, but one of the 20th century's best novelists did something in The French Lieutenant's Woman, and The Magus, that I'm surprised no one writing for this site has picked up on.  Being something of a tease, I'll leave it there.

Well actually in the very short term I think it'll work out fine for Zack, he'll be happy that he got to go to the movies without having to wear padding, he'll be relieved that there was no chance of his friend finding out, but since Maddy found the bit of plastic from the pack, it's possible she'll tell Kelly or Kelly will find out somehow and that'll be bad for Zack.

Though I'm completely guessing, so I could be way off, I'm definitely looking forward to more of the story either way.

• Like 2

Wow, this is the best story I’ve ever read. I’ve had an idea for a similar story for a while, but this is better than anything I could have written.

I can’t wait until we see more of Dr. Paige and the elimination room. I love foreshadowing like that.

My only wish is for the scenes of Zack using his diaper to be longer. They’re often only a sentence or two right now, but I’d love to spend more time there, really fleshing out the scene. But I’m just being greedy, I think 🙊

Welp, if he's found in the panties with lace and a bow - even if they're not too girly- he'll find it very difficult to justify not wearing the slightly lacy blue gingham plastic panties. Kelly could even expose his girly panties to Tanner's mum and spin it as perverted. Or perhaps a terrible ultimatum: he has to show his panties in front of Tanner, or, wet them. 

• Like 1

Chapter 17 - Dog Days

Kelly walked over to the kitchen and pulled plastic sippy cup parts from under the sink, quickly snapping in the check valve. She filled the assembled cup with water and ice from the fridge, then threaded on the top, before placing it on the table, and then walking over to open the sliding door for Roofus, who was standing at attention in front of it. Kelly had given up taking Roofus for runs – he wanted to stop and sniff everything, which interrupted her pace.

She was just about to call for Maddy when she heard steps coming down the stairs. Maddy had a pull-up in one hand, and a folded change pad in the other, as requested. Kelly directed her over to the living room with a hand on her upper back, then picked her up under her arms and sat her on an upholstered ottoman, before pushing her gently back at her shoulders, so that Maddy was lying on her back, with her knees hanging over the edge. Then she slid her sundress up until it was above her hips, scooped up both of her knees under one arm, lifted her bottom away from the suede surface she was lying on, and pushed the change pad underneath her. With a swift motion, she tore away the pull-up on each side, grasping it and rolling it up. It had a small tab in the center at the back that allowed it to be rolled up like a burrito and fastened shut. Then she threaded the new pull-up over each of Maddy’s ankles, and worked it up her legs and past her knees, until it was most of the way up. Maddy held a hand up in front of her face, as though examining something, which caught Kelly’s attention. She seemed to be holding the torn edge of some kind of packet.

“Where’s you get that, Maddy?”

“Id waff on my fwoor.” Maddy said around the nipple between her teeth.

Kelly pulled the pacifier out of Maddy’s mouth and held it up between them.

“Say that again, please.”

“It was on the floor in my room.” Maddy responded.

“What is it from?” Kelly asked.

“I don’t know.” Maddy answered.

Kelly took it from Maddy’s hand and examined it. It was about 6 inches long and made of a heavier plastic than that used for most food items. It had clearly been torn along a perforated edge.

“Did you open up any of your new clothes?” Kelly asked, picturing some of the t-shirts, socks and panties that were sold in plastic pouches from the local department store.

“No.” Maddy said.

Kelly pushed the pacifier back into Maddy’s mouth and pulled her up onto her feet by her hands, before slipping her pull-up fully into place.

“Go up to your room, take off your dress, and stand in a corner facing the wall please.”

She wanted to have a look around Maddy’s bedroom – she’d specifically told her not to open any of her new clothes by herself. Maddy smoothed her dress down while casting a glance at the sippy cup waiting for her in the kitchen. Kelly handed her the rolled-up pull-up, and she trotted up the stairs.

Next, Kelly tried to summon Roofus, who was still in the backyard, but when she opened the sliding door, he did not come bounding over in response to the sound, which was unusual. Stepping through the door, she called his name, and looked both ways around the yard. She could hear that the dog was engaged in some sort activity around the corner toward the gate, so she stepped out and made her way around. Roofus was trying to pull something  - a bag? – out from under the bushes by the gate.

She said Roofus’ name in a sharper tone, and he abandoned his prize and ran over to her. Kelly walked over to the bushes, reached down, and extracted the item he’d been tugging at from the foliage. Right away, she knew what she was looking at. One of Zack’s overnight diapers, and a snap-suit, most likely the ones she’d put him in before she left for the run with Donna & Maddy. As she stood up, her eyes caught the latch on the gate; the carabiner clip that she used to keep it secure was hung over the latch, rather than through it. She put it back through the eyelets on the latch, and then shewed the dog toward the house and in through the door.

Kelly made her way up to Maddy’s room, pausing to toss the bundle from the bushes onto the floor in Zack’s bedroom. Maddy was standing in a corner, facing the wall as asked. Kelly ignored her and went over to her dresser, opening her underwear drawer. Her hand hunted through the contents until she came upon a plastic packet at the bottom of the drawer at the back, which she extracted. The new 7-pack of panties had been opened. Kelly did a quick count; one pair was missing.

“Come over her, Maddy.”

Maddy turned and walked over toward Kelly, eyes wide over the pink shield of her pacifier.

“Did you open your new panties, young lady?” Kelly asked with a stern tone.

“Nofe.” Maddy responded.

Kelly looked at Maddy. The kid was generally an open book to begin with, and on top of that, she’d been wearing pull-ups since the day before, so, it struck her as very unlikely that she’d have opened up the package, or taken anything from it. She wouldn’t have come downstairs and played with the evidence while she was being changed, either. It just made no sense.

“Maddy, you can head downstairs and have your drink – I left it on the kitchen table. You may leave your pacifier on your bedside table for tonight, unless you want to take it downstairs with you.”

Maddy shook her head for no, extracted her pacifier with a quick hand, and skipped out of the room. Kelly took the opened packet of panties into Zack’s room and picked the bundled diaper and snap-suit up off the floor, unrolling them on top of his dresser. The snap-suit looked none the worse-for-wear, and the diaper seemed to be mostly undamaged as well. There was a frayed edge on the waistband at the back where Roofus had been tugging at it, but it was 99% intact. She left them there and headed over to the kids’ bathroom, pulling another pacifier from a drawer, and taking it back to the dresser, to place next to the diaper. Then she folded the snap-suit and placed it into one of his drawers, before heading downstairs.

She considered calling Tanner’s mom, but imagined that they’d probably be in the theatre right now, and she’d either have her ringer off, or she’d be unappreciative of a phone call. This would have to wait until Zack got back. That was fine, that left her some time to consider her options. And, some time to shop. She opened her laptop and went to Dr. Paige’s site, clicking on the shopping link, which now automatically recognized Zack’s patient number. Clearly, Dr. Paige, and particularly the helpful pharmacist, Mr. Burke, had, with the benefit of experience, been prescient in knowing that sooner or later, she was going to need some assistance with diaper tampering. She was glad that she’d already picked up the items she had, but, she was going to need more. Maddy sat at the kitchen table in her pull-up, drinking from her sippy cup, idly watching.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 17

lol at the guy above who keeps responding as if this is real life. It’s a site where the usual stories involve magic, hypnosis, or another dimension, and the emotional availability of the parents is your line in the sand? You’re coming on kind of intense (to use a euphemism), my dude.

• Like 3

Part of Kelly seems to genuinely care for Zack and Maddie, and another part seems to enjoy having control and being obeyed like they're little soldiers and she's a general instead of a parent-child relationship with talking and bonding. She's taking a very authortarian approach, and that could be from her having no parenting experience, or how she was raised, or a variety of factors. Either way, I'm still on the fence about how much she truly cares about the kids- does she have their best interests, or does she just want to be obeyed? Will she bond with the kids, or morph into a stepmonster?

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Babypants said:

.  Should we consider the possibility that more than one of the motivating factors you cite is in play here?

It's a possibility, but at this point it's all reader speculation and using our imaginations to fill in the blanks to her motivations. It's possible the author will not give any backstory or insights into her desires or what motivates her desires, leaving us to our own conclusions. 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the commentary and kind words, and the very interesting exchange of ideas about what people expect from stories and the characters within them; I'm sort of amazed at the quality of literary analysis being brought to bear here, it's definitely a learning experience for me. 

• Like 2

Chapter 18 – A Rising Storm

Zack sat in the dark theatre, drinking from a large bucket of Dr. Pepper, and munching popcorn. The superheroes were about midway through figuring out how to avert an apocalypse. Zack was paying close attention to the movie, however another signal was tapping his consciousness on the shoulder, and that tapping was gradually becoming more urgent. It wasn’t until a lull in the on-screen action that he realized his bladder was starting to scream for attention. He put his popcorn down on the floor, his pop in the cupholder, whispered to Tanner that he was going to the washroom, and then stood up and slipped around the legs of the other people sitting in his row as quickly as etiquette would allow. Once he was in the aisle, he started jogging, making a quick right out of the theatre, and scanning the ceiling for washroom signs. There was one at the end of the hall, and he sprinted towards it. The corridors were nearly empty and the washroom itself was deserted, which was a relief to Zack. However, as he laid eyes on the row of sparkling porcelain urinals, the tension inside him ended abruptly, and he felt a trickle of liquid spurt into his clothes. He clamped down internally as hard as he could, and urgently pulled down the front of his shorts and the borrowed panties in one grab, so that he could go quickly. The resulting event was long and thoroughly relieving, but the relief was to be short-lived.

He looked around, and seeing nobody, did a quick examination of the situation with the front of his clothes. His shorts, which were a light grey, now featured a darkened area in an irregular circle at the front.

Crap. Hopefully they dry by the end of the movie.

Zack walked over to a paper towel dispenser and pulled a sheet out, squeezing the front of his shorts in it for a moment. It didn’t seem to make any difference. He eyed the electric hand dryer on the wall but decided he did not want to be standing under it’s roaring vent pulling his shorts open if someone came walking in suddenly. Particularly NOT with girls’ underwear on, although at a glance, he didn’t think that they really looked particularly girly. He washed his hands in the sink, dried them with another paper towel, pulled his t-shirt down as far as he could, and made his way back towards the theatre. A lone woman walked slowly up the hall towards him, carrying popcorn in one hand, and a purse in the other. She looked over at him, but her gaze didn’t linger.

It's not too obvious, then.

Zack made his way back to his seat, whispering “excuse me” as he went, sat down, and took a sip from his pop. An idea sprang into his head. He ate the rest of his popcorn, but did not finish the drink. With a slow hand in the darkness, Zack partly dislodged its fitted lid. The superheroes had regained the upper hand and the world just might get saved.

When the credits rolled and the teaser for the inevitable sequel ran at the end of them, Zack waited until Tanner and his mom stood, and then he lifted his pop, ostensibly for one last big sip, tilting it nearly horizontal, but at a somewhat unnatural distance from his face. A stream of dark pop and a couple of ice cubes plopped onto the front of his shorts, and he sprang up from the seat and said “OH NO!” in what he hoped wasn’t an unnatural tone. Tanner and his mom both looked over, as Zack made an exaggerated sweep of the area with the back of his hand.

“That sucks, man!” Tanner noted.

“I’m sorry, Zack. Here.” Tanner’s mom handed him a wad of napkins that she’d been about to put in her purse.

Zack took the napkins and swabbed at the area for a moment, then shrugged and dropped them into his empty popcorn bag.

“No big deal, Mrs. Thompson.”

“We probably have a bag you can sit on in the car, Zack.”

Zack said nothing, and followed, last in line, when Tanner and his mom headed for the door.

Out at their SUV, Tanner’s mom pulled a shopping bag out of the hatch, and laid it out on the dark leather seat where Zack was going to sit. Zack positioned himself on top of it, noting the crinkling noise as he settled in.

It sounds like a diaper.

Tanner’s mom closed his door, and then got into the driver’s seat, and started the engine. Zack looked at the clock on the dash from between the seats; it read 9:08. The ride home was uneventful, punctuated by questions from Tanner’s mom about why certain characters had done what they did, while Zack and Tanner marveled at her lack of canonical knowledge. When she pulled up in front of Kelly’s house, Zack jumped out quickly and headed toward the door, waving over his shoulder and hoping that Tanner’s mom would pull away before seeing him through the front door, however the SUV sat on the driveway, headlights spotlighting the garage door resolutely.

Zack walked up to the door, then placed his hand on the side of his head emphatically, as though he was on stage in a play, and had to show the audience that he’d forgotten something. He turned, waved again, and then walked over to the gate on the side of the house.

Maybe she’ll think I’m going in through a side door or something.

However, the gate latch was seized for some reason. He thumbed the latch mechanism, and then tried to press it with his whole hand, to no avail. He pushed on the gate with both hands, to try to see if he could shake it lose, and then he tried the latch again. It made no difference. Short of climbing over the gate, there did not seem to be any way for him to get into the backyard. Tanner’s SUV continued to idle on the driveway.

Zack raised both arms, palms turned up in an ‘I don’t know what’s going on here’ gesture and walked back over to the front door. He laned forward to punch in the unlock code, when the door opened, and Kelly stepped out.

“Hello, Zack. You can wait right here for me. I’m just going to go thank Tanner’s mom.”

Zack froze, his mind turning at a furious pace. He hoped that his facial expression remained neutral. He’d have to try and side-step Kelly and get out into the backyard from the kitchen. If she offered to unlock his snap-suit before he got outside, he was doomed. Maybe he could feign having left something out there, or maybe the dog would offer an opportunity. Zack edged inside the door as Kelly walked toward the vehicle on the driveway, however he had to halt, because Kelly looked back and said “Stay RIGHT there, Zack.” Her tone was stern. Butterflies started lifting off in his stomach.

She leaned into the window and chatted with Mrs. Thompson for a minute, then stood back and said “I’ll call you later. Thanks for taking him and sorry for any trouble.” The truck backed up onto the street and in moments, it was gone. Kelly walked toward Zack with a commanding stride while fixing him with a cold gaze. He stepped in from the porch and made a quick turn, determined to try and get into the backyard before they had any further conversation, but Kelly grabbed him by the wrist just as he started walking, while at the same time she pulled the door shut with a notable bang.

“Tanner’s mom tells me you had an accident at the theatre, Zack. You spilled some pop on the front of your shorts.”

Zack considered her words for a moment, then said simply “Yes.”

Kelly narrowed her eyes. “I don’t think that’s what happened, myself. I think that what probably happened is…” She drew the ‘is’ out dramatically.  “You stole your little sister’s panties, and you wet them. Isn’t that what happened?”

Zack’s mouth opened and closed a couple of times, but no words came out. He could feel his cheeks reddening, and suddenly, he wished, perhaps for the first time in his life, that he had a diaper on.

“Let’s see, Zack. Drop the shorts.”

“No!” He croaked, and he took a step back. Hot tears began invading his vision. He physically crossed his hands over his hips, as though she might lunge for his shorts.

“Okay, then, you can stand here in a corner facing the wall, in your sister’s underwear, until your dad gets home, which, by the way, will probably be any minute. Then you can show him what you decided to wear out with your friend today.”

Zack took a gulp of air and emitted a stifled sob. “Kelly, please… I hafta go… I hafta get changed…”

“No, Zack, what you ‘hafta’ do is what I asked you to do. Show me what you’ve got on. Now. I know you’re not wearing your diaper or your tamper shirt, because I found them in the backyard. So, what do you have on, Zack? What did you end up wearing?”

“I’M NOT PULLING MY PANTS DOWN!” Zack yelled in a choked voice.

“That’s fine, Zack. We can wait for your dad. You face into that corner and I’ll pour myself a glass of wine. It’s your choice. I’m sure you have a belly full of pop and you’ll wet yourself again at some point as well. I’ll get a towel for you to stand on.”

Zack stood, staring at Kelly, visibly shaking, cheeks beet-red and tearstained. He could feel the pressure in his bladder, slight, but rising. Kelly looked coolly back, hands on her hips, lips pressed together in a firm line.

There was a low thunk from outside, probably someone across the street closing a car door, but it was enough to cause Zack to nearly jump in the air. He was sure for a moment that it was his dad, on the driveway, and in that moment, his blood turned to ice water, and he nearly wet himself. He tilted his head back so that he was looking at the ceiling, and turned sideways, as though to present as little of himself to Kelly as possible, and then he opened his shorts, and allowed them to drop around his ankles. His shirt hung down, but Kelly could see the telltale grey elastics and the white cotton of the missing pair of Maddy’s new panties. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 18

Oh poor Zack - he's now likely lost his ability to appeal to his father to end this crazy business: Kelly will just threaten to tell his father about his behaviour and possibly exaggerate the panty aspect. (I wonder if she'll take a photo).

I hate to think what other items Kelly had bought. It's possible in Kelly's warped mind, Zack's quickly racked up a series of "offences" here:

* Wilfully deliberate removal and damage to medically approved clothing, knowingly stealing keys to commit disobedient act

* Stealing, wearing and ruining girls panties (with poorly hidden evidence) - also implicating his sister is his illegal act - not to mention potential troubling psychological use of girls panties. Why did he just not go commando?

* Possiby exposing the house, Maddy, Kelly and Roofus to intruders or letting Roofus out by unlocking and disguising gate clip. Alo exposing Roofus to a potential choking hazard.

* Wetting his pants, knowing full well he should be wearing a diaper and then deliberately misleading and effectively lying to Tanner's Mum and Tanner by spilling drink. Also potential damage to cinema seat and Tanner's Mum's car 

* Apologies to Maddy, Cinema, Tanner's Mum, Tanner and his Father and Kelly herself for the whole affair could be needed. Plus, some repayment for clothing damage may be needed.

• Like 1

Another brilliantly written chapter! Poor Zach though. We kinda knew how his little scheme was going to end as soon as it begun, and now he's going to be facing the inevitable consequences. 

I get the feeling Kelly is going to be even stricter with his treatment from now on, going by how she's behaved thus far.

I'm curious if we're ever going to see more of Dr. Paige and her clinic? It would be interesting to see Zach being around others going through the same treatment he is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 63 - 04/27