LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diverticulitis

48 minutes ago, messybutt2 said:

Not sure If this is the right place to post this . Just wondering if anyone else has this , it's new to me.  Thanks . 

@messybutt2

I don't have that, but it really is treatable. I presume that, since you know what its called, you have discused it with a medical professional and are on some form of antibiotic to treat the relevant infection and on a high fibre diet. Are you sure that it is diverticulitis and not diverticulosis, the milder form?

The version ...osis, most people get it as they age, but that is due to a low fibre diet combined with excess weight. It is where the colon develop small bulges / pockets.

The version ...itis, is where these pockets can get infected and need treatment with antibiotics.

Both, need medical consult with a recognised and certified medical practioneer who shold be able to diagnose and treat either.

In relation to your DL play etc., it might be a good idea, while this is being treated, to avoid the DL play for a while as if you mess a diaper while taking certain groups of medication, the associated smell could almost knock down a house / sink a ship. Also, the messy may be a little more caustic to your skin, which can create diaper rash. This is when the issue occurrs - the antibiotics that you are taking do not follow a Sat-Nav to get to the colon, as a result, neither infection (diaper rash / colon infection) are being dealt with. In some cases, the nappy rash infection would 'take all' the antibiotics in preference to your butt-pain etc. A a result, the infection source may not have been eliminated.

• Like 1

my mom has diverticulosis, and frequently gets the itis version, if she accidentally eats something with seeds(cooked as in boiled like in chili is fine, otherwise nope), or eats popcorn, or bitchslaps her colon with a boatload of celery(last time she pigged out on celery she wound up needing medical treatment, one time she had to be in the hospital for it, ive seen her have to take leviquin for it, but i was told that aint the best med for it, most good providers want to give cipro for it, if you arent allergic. if you have it, say goodbye to eating corn of any kind, she cant even eat creamed corn

13 hours ago, feralfreak said:

my mom has diverticulosis, and frequently gets the itis version, if she accidentally eats something with seeds(cooked as in boiled like in chili is fine, otherwise nope), or eats popcorn, or bitchslaps her colon with a boatload of celery(last time she pigged out on celery she wound up needing medical treatment, one time she had to be in the hospital for it, ive seen her have to take leviquin for it, but i was told that aint the best med for it, most good providers want to give cipro for it, if you arent allergic. if you have it, say goodbye to eating corn of any kind, she cant even eat creamed corn

@feralfreak

Diverticulitis flares up if one eats food that have skin that are not completely macerated (chewed / mashed / almost liquified) - like beans, peas, corn etc. The stomach acids cannot penetrate the skin on these foods, and as a result, the undigested pea etc. gets caught in the pocket and can easily trigger infection. Normal treatment for this is a high fibre diet plus antibiotics, but overuse of same create strains of bacteria like MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). At that stage, a colectomy - removal of all or parts of the colon - may be required -

... so it is a good idea to avoid the ..itis version as much as possible.

Levaquin is a synthetic antibiotic - and can be used to treat diverticulitis, but the same warning exists with all antibiotics - overuse creates bacteria that are resistant to antiobiotic treatement.

1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

@feralfreak

Diverticulitis flares up if one eats food that have skin that are not completely macerated (chewed / mashed / almost liquified) - like beans, peas, corn etc. The stomach acids cannot penetrate the skin on these foods, and as a result, the undigested pea etc. gets caught in the pocket and can easily trigger infection. Normal treatment for this is a high fibre diet plus antibiotics, but overuse of same create strains of bacteria like MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). At that stage, a colectomy - removal of all or parts of the colon - may be required -

Levaquin is a synthetic antibiotic - and can be used to treat diverticulitis, but the same warning exists with all antibiotics - overuse creates bacteria that are resistant to antiobiotic treatement.

she knows this, she was a nurse for almost 30 years, also using antibiotics can wipe out good gut bacteria along with the bad, important to repopulate it with some probiotics, fortunately a tea i get for her (lemon ginger) for nausea has probiotics in it, thank God its available where i can drive to.

1 minute ago, feralfreak said:

she knows this, she was a nurse for almost 30 years, also using antibiotics can wipe out good gut bacteria along with the bad, important to repopulate it with some probiotics, fortunately a tea i get for her (lemon ginger) for nausea has probiotics in it, thank God its available where i can drive to.

Sorry for stating the obvious. Some people tend to be scared to ask their Doctor etc these type of questions.

In relation to antiobiotics / probiotics have a look at this for a laugh Dara O'Briain [from timecode 1.53]

@feralfreak

I have also been diagnosed with diverticulitis. what what the doctor told me was to be very careful of things with seeds and things that can upset I believe he said the lining I believe of your intestines, I don't know I. I do know however that diverticulitis is very very very painful, and he told me anything with seeds can cause it to come to come back in full force if the right foods cause it to come back. I guess the point is that eating right is the key, but everyone eats something that might not agree with their stomach but I'll tell you the last time I had about of that, it was really hard, because trying to use the toilet, That's one thing and having to release. it's quite another if your stomach hurts even after you release, so you have to be extra careful.

i've never heard of diverticulosis, but I'm sure that People have been diagnosed with it. all I can tell you is it is quite painful, so I try to stay away from the triggers that cause the issue. I am very very very lucky that I have a doctor it takes care of me, and he is very knowledgeable about what is going on.

Brian

22 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

... i've never heard of diverticulosis ...

@~Brian~,

The ...itis is an infected ...osis. The ...osis is the pockets / bags / growths on the colon, and if kept at bay (diet etc.), most people live a long time with it. For more information about diverticulosis and diverticulitis, see here. In reality, I would suspect that you have the ...osis that at times flare up to become ...itis.

Other Sources - US Based

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@feralfreak

I have also been diagnosed with diverticulitis. what what the doctor told me was to be very careful of things with seeds and things that can upset I believe he said the lining I believe of your intestines, I don't know I. I do know however that diverticulitis is very very very painful, and he told me anything with seeds can cause it to come to come back in full force if the right foods cause it to come back. I guess the point is that eating right is the key, but everyone eats something that might not agree with their stomach but I'll tell you the last time I had about of that, it was really hard, because trying to use the toilet, That's one thing and having to release. it's quite another if your stomach hurts even after you release, so you have to be extra careful.

i've never heard of diverticulosis, but I'm sure that People have been diagnosed with it. all I can tell you is it is quite painful, so I try to stay away from the triggers that cause the issue. I am very very very lucky that I have a doctor it takes care of me, and he is very knowledgeable about what is going on.

Brian

ive never had it, but mom has had many instances of it, its brutal, it makes her nauseated, when that happens ginger tea helps, it helps with nausea and inflamation.

• Thanks 1
On 12/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, babykeiff said:

@feralfreak

The problem with the so-called High Fiber being good is crap. I have diverticulitis Not os. I was yrs ago forced into a high fifer diet. And that put me into the hospital for a week after I had the do up chucks from both ends for a day. I got soo plugged up by the dumb Dr I will never listen to any Dr again, unless I decide the things I do. Don't just do high fiber when they say that will fix everything . I have acid reflux, (My acid reflux is a 25 yr thing) I have a bad valve they can't fix due to cancer, everyone is different and your body is in my opinion something the Dr is Practically on. I have learned a lot from yrs living after cancer. ( mine and my Wife's  Cancer) That I make my decisions, Not a Dr. I take what they say into consideration . And I will tell my Dr what my decision  is, and I will discuss my problems with them, I am not obligated to do what they say. I learned that  To many people say the Dr Has the last word in your care. I being older have had a lot of Dr's. And if they are not willing to take my issues with conversation then there is another one down the street....

32 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

The problem with the so-called High Fiber being good is crap. I have diverticulitis Not os. I was yrs ago forced into a high fifer diet. And that put me into the hospital for a week after I had the do up chucks from both ends for a day. I got soo plugged up by the dumb Dr I will never listen to any Dr again, unless I decide the things I do. Don't just do high fiber when they say that will fix everything . I have acid reflux, (My acid reflux is a 25 yr thing) I have a bad valve they can't fix due to cancer, everyone is different and your body is in my opinion something the Dr is Practically on. I have learned a lot from yrs living after cancer. ( mine and my Wife's  Cancer) That I make my decisions, Not a Dr. I take what they say into consideration . And I will tell my Dr what my decision  is, and I will discuss my problems with them, I am not obligated to do what they say. I learned that  To many people say the Dr Has the last word in your care. I being older have had a lot of Dr's. And if they are not willing to take my issues with conversation then there is another one down the street....

I said....

On 12/15/2022 at 4:19 AM, babykeiff said:

Normal treatment for this is a high fibre diet plus antibiotics

I never stated that it was good OR bad!. In your case, it was the responsibility of your Doctor to diagnose you, not some newsgroup / internet site!

I admire and respect you that you have your own mind, and will not take any Doctors word as law. I only wish that there were more people with the same attitude. Maybe the medical industry would sit up and take notice, not go off in their own way and try and patch / fix everything with this tablet or the other.

38 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

I said....

I never stated that it was good OR bad!. In your case, it was the responsibility of your Doctor to diagnose you, not some newsgroup / internet site!

I admire and respect you that you have your own mind, and will not take any Doctors word as law. I only wish that there were more people with the same attitude. Maybe the medical industry would sit up and take notice, not go off in their own way and try and patch / fix everything with this tablet or the other.

Thanks, that's all I am saying, is we are human and we are all different and what will work for maybe even a mass, will not work for all. If I had it to do over again with my cancer in 2007, I would maybe had done more research , but they used the scare that with oral cancer you have a 50/50 chance of living 5 yrs, well there is living and living I call it the after math of Radiation I can't eat and this is the second time since then I lost my mouth opening twice it was over 100k to try and fix it then, I have lost all of my teeth from it. I have evolving issues in my head, neck etc etc from the cancer that is coming back in a different cancer that the radiation has caused..... So that is my reason I am very very rough on any Dr, I do have several that are used to me and have been with me for over 10 yrs. So I do trust them but I will still question them. I mean I am 65 yrs old and I figured it is my decision to do what I do. I just had my annual with my primary, he said I am fine, I had a chance taken from my cheek a few weeks ago and the radiation caused that skin cancer. But I still have never nor my wife taken any Covid shots at all, or Flu shots. I think all of that is my choice, as I told him we are very cautious , we wash off everything that we buy with wipes, and keep our distance etc. I don't as with many others want the poison they did a crash course of testing on John Q public  , of the untested vaccine . It's still each of us that makes any choice of what we put in our body. Now if someone is working with a lot of people or in a school etc I think it's not there choice because they have a lot of lives besides there own to worry about. We as retired have a different view. 

I do trust that a Dr has a lot of yrs of book study. And some yrs of experience . But as I said we should know our own body better than them, I do think a lot of people don't know how to explain to the Dr what is going on?,  what's different from last month? If we explain in detail to the Dr, they will make a good decision . But again we should know our body.