LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Double diapering

DailyDi

The few times I've ever done it, I only make many tiny slits - not the whole length.  So basically "death by a thousand cuts".  ?  Still, I've never had the best of luck doing so and it's just more effective to use a booster anyway.   If I double-diaper anymore, I'll just insert something inside one I've already partially used so I can go longer.  (I did that just last weekend.)

• Like 1

I'm kind of repeating myself, since there has already been more than one thread about this, but here goes:

This way you can effectively double, triple, quadruple ... to your preference. 

Naturally you will get diminishing returns, as at some point the innermost diaper will be so soaked it will no longer absorb or allow wetness through.

8 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I don't get it. How do you keep the stuffing from coming out of the diaper you can slits in... and it seems like it wouldn't seep enough to make it worth using another diaper.

On the odd occasion that I double diaper, I punch lots and lots of holes in the backing with a pin. And by lots I mean a few hundred. With cheap diapers enough would leak through.

It is a bit pointless with the much more absorbent current diapers, but with old plastic Depends, Attends, and store brands it was effective. 

I once started with a large baby diaper, then a small, medium, and large Attends. It was huge!

I have never had any issue cutting slits in the back of my diaper.  I only do this with the cloth backed store brands of diapers and not to add extra bulk but to add a whole lot more absorbency.  I can't see a need for doing this with premium diapers like Mega Max or Betterdry unless you really are going for the super bulky feeling.  I use either a small pair of nail scissors or a small exacto knife.  The slits I cut are maybe an inch long throughout the front, crotch and back of the diaper.  I have never had any filling come out through the slits either before I put it on or after it's well used and I take it off.

Doubling up is do-able, it's all about the cuts, I do a few short cuts from front down to the bottom of the diaper, and fluff and stretch it out to make it absorb more and to make the wetness passes through, and I never really had a SAP leakage at all, you have a good tight taping with your outer diaper. It's all about practicing