LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daily Diapers "Translated"

Mysterion

This morning I asked myself how one could translate "Daily Diapers" to German.
"Tägliche Windeln" would be the one-to-one translation - and sounds awfull.

A lot better sounds:
"Gut gewickelt", which translates as "Well wrapped"

How would you translate it into other languages?

• Like 3

@woelkchen-2018

6 hours ago, woelkchen-2018 said:

This morning I asked myself how one could translate "Daily Diapers" to German.
"Tägliche Windeln" would be the one-to-one translation - and sounds awfull.

A lot better sounds:
"Gut gewickelt", which translates as "Well wrapped"

How would you translate it into other languages?

Because I am English myself, I do not know translations of many words, without using the appropriate Google translators. I may know a little bit of French myself, because my grandparents were French Canadian.I know for a fact that there are sometimes there are things they wanted to talk to each other about, and they didn't sometimes use English. They'll start using English, and then switch to French, and then go back to English, So what you end up getting a little bit of English mixed in with French Canadian, back to American English . Kind of funny in a way

there were times however that my grandparents probably didn't want me to understand what it is they were talking about. If that was the case, they would usually talk in French, and I just chalked it up to the fact that grandma and grandpa were just talking, in their native language, since they were both French Canadian. There are many different words in the vocabulary that sound differently depending on how they are translated and how they are used in different languages.

Because I am only a Native American English speaker, meaning that my primary language is American English, there are many words that I may not understand without looking at them, and then being able to use a translator to translate them to American English.We all know for example, that the American English language is full of rules . Sometimes the rules make sense, sometimes the rules do not, and something that may sound right to your head, does not follow in the way American English rules dictate . One of the things that I've learned is that there are some words that may not have an appropriate English translation, and there may be some words that don't make sense when translated to American English . This could probably also apply to any language that you speak natively or about any language that you have to translate from and to.

for example, I have a friend that can speak fluent American English, and also fluent German. There are many words that you also have to be careful of, because their usage in American English, could also be translated differently into other languages, and during the difference in the translation, could actually make whatever you're saying come out wrong. By that, I mean that something that is translated in English correctly, and make sense to an English speaker, may also be something that is meant differently in other languages, and some words if used in the improper order, could be translated in a way that sounds like an insult or something that is negative to that persons language. This is why it's always important to make sure that you try to be as accurate as possible when trying to translate English to any other language or from any other language to English. Some words in other languages have no English equivalence, and I'm sure there are words in the English language that have no foreign language equivalents. This is why it's important to make sure that if you are writing something or translating it in from another language, that you're careful in the translation, or meaning can be misconstrued and cause trouble!

For me, if I ever had to translate something to another language, I'd probably have to use Google translator: it might not be the best at translating all of the types of words in all languages, and the meaning can be different if written a certain way, but at least you get the idea of what the intention may be.  Since American language has so many rules and regulations about how it is used and all of that, it can get a little ridiculous. I'm not sure that other languages have so many rules that they have to follow, but I can see why American students in school may have a headache after dealing with English homework, because there's so many rules they have to remember, that if they don't they might end up making a mistake in usage or in grammar.

Brian

• Like 2

@~brian~

Hi Brian. Yes, it's true many words in languages vary. Even when translated, the meaning can be different.
But with using a translater, it is usually OK.
I myself write most posts directly in English and just sometimes x-check with deepl.com, which is a pretty good translater.
But if I do this and retranslate again from the result again to Enlish I most likeley get a different result from my own original writing. 
In most cases slightly better, but it then doesn't feel like my own words.

Here is the "Retranslation': :)
"Hi Brian. Yes, it is true that many words are different in languages. Even if they are translated, the meaning may be different.
But with a translation program it's usually fine.
I myself write most posts directly in English and only sometimes check them with deepl.com, a pretty good translation program.
But when I do that and translate the result back into English, I usually get a different result than what I originally wrote. 
In most cases a little better, but it doesn't feel like my own words then."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 3

Everything sound bad in Norwegian, but translating "Daily diapers" sound completely wrong, but if you write "Daily diaper", it sounds more correct.

(With S: Daglige bleier, without S: Daglig bleie.)

• Like 1