LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I know that there are hundreds of posts about doctor visits, but...

MixerOp

I have a sleep study (overnight) coming up. And I was wondering how many have worn to such a visit. How many have worn for need. And how many have worn for want. I don't think it's crossing the line as you should have pajamas on. I don't know. Any opinions?

They are there to accommodate you -- not the other way around.

Wear a diaper and don't worry about them -- they don't care and probably won't comment. Do your nightly routine there as you would at home.

Observation: No one that I have contact with has ever walked out of a sleep study without a CPAP machine in tow!!!

I completed a sleep study about 8 months ago and had zero issue with having the need to wear a diaper. I was upfront and honest about my incontinence and there were no funny looks, smirks or laughs about it. Everyone was very professional. They did offer to supply a diaper for me. I did decline and said i had a certain brand i used which ended up being a rearz incontrol. I skipped the onesie and just wore a plain blue ABU sleep shirt and was good to go. 

To clarify, I don't need to wear. And I don't need to be reminded of the professionalism of nurse's and drs, especially around this area of the U.S.A. I was more curious about those who would WANT to wear. And if the professionals would do anything too close to the pelvic region, as that would borderline on forcing others into your fetishes.

I have had two sleep studies done many years apart,  Yes, they will attach sensors to your legs, chest and head so be prepared.  They are professionals and yours won't be the first adult diaper they have seen.  Chances are, they will see your diaper to some extent, or at least be aware you have one on.  If you need to wear one to keep from sleep wetting, wear one and be upfront about it.  If you don't have to wear a diaper to bed, then wearing one depends on your own comfort level.  I get up many times a night to use the bathroom, and my first test was no exception.  It's a strange room and strange bed and several times I had top call out and tell them I needed to use the bathroom.  They had to unhook a wire harness and walk me down the hall to the restroom.  My second sleep study was more like a regular bedroom and had a restroom in it and I could just get up and use it when I needed to.  Either way, I had to get up several times to pee.  If you want to avoid that and it won't bother you to wear a diaper or be seen in one, your choice as to what is best for you.

• Like 1

I have the high score on sleep studies , at all of mine when they bring the cart to wire you up they have diapers if you need or want . They are certainly familiar with bed wetting and sometimes sleep studies are used to figure out the sleep phase you’re in when you wet . You can be very casual matter of fact about needing/ using diapers 

I had my test 2 years ago this month.  The "sensors" were only attached to my head and chest. Nothing on the legs.  Not sure why they'd need to attach anything to the leg.  The "glue" they used to attach the pads was a pain to wash out of my hair though.

10 hours ago, ppdude said:

Observation: No one that I have contact with has ever walked out of a sleep study without a CPAP machine in tow!!!

I did.... The place where I did the study, that's all they do.  They collect the data and send back to the doc that ordered the test.  My next visit to the doc however, I did leave with the machine. 

• Like 1
On 9/28/2022 at 12:41 PM, ppdude said:

I'm with Crinklz Kat.  They did the sleep study and referred the results to my doctor who passed it onto me to follow up.  It was up to me to order my CPAP and I was given the choice of two different places around town.  I chose one, they had the results and set my CPAP to a specific setting and billed my insurance.  I've never known anyone to walk out of their sleep study with a CPAP to take home.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:47 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

I had my test 2 years ago this month.  The "sensors" were only attached to my head and chest. Nothing on the legs.  Not sure why they'd need to attach anything to the leg.  The "glue" they used to attach the pads was a pain to wash out of my hair though.

I did.... The place where I did the study, that's all they do.  They collect the data and send back to the doc that ordered the test.  My next visit to the doc however, I did leave with the machine. 

In my case sensors were attached to my legs because part of the sleep study has to do with restless leg syndrome when sleeping.  Didn't bother me because I was not wearing a diaper but it did take about an hour the first time to wire me up.  I agree, the glue in my hair was terrible to get out and I couldn't fall asleep.   After several hours, they finally ordered me (at my request) an Ambion sleeping pill and I fell asleep a few minutes after taking it.  They woke me up about an hour later and fitted me with a CPAP mask.  About an hour later they woke me saying the test was finished.  All that time for just two hours!  By that time it was getting close to 6am anyway.  The results?  They said I stopped breathing for more than 10 seconds over 50 times in one hour.

• Like 1

They want you to "follow your normal bedtime routine" for a sleep study here so to help this happen:

1. I miss out on dinner because when I get to the clinic at 6pm (after work), the hospital cafe has closed already and there are no other food options
  2. I have about 20 wires stuck to your body or glued in my hair
  3. I have an O2 monitor clamped to a finger
  4. I have to snort some kind of stuff up my nose (presumably for their own amusement)
  5. I am put into a strange bed at around 9pm (after pushing back on efforts to get me tucked in by 8:30pm)
  6. I am expected to fall asleep in front of a camera, occasionally they will talk to me over the intercom to remind me that I'm being watched
  7. I enjoy room-temperature hospital toast at 5am
  8. I buy a CPAP machine

Yeah, right...   Should have just gone straight to  #8 and saved myself the angst.  Just be aware that for mine, it was a shared bathroom too.  Privacy was limited.  Back when I had it, I could make it through the night without peeing.  That ship sailed long ago.

11 hours ago, oznl said:

They want you to "follow your normal bedtime routine" for a sleep study here so to help this happen:

1. I miss out on dinner because when I get to the clinic at 6pm (after work), the hospital cafe has closed already and there are no other food options
  2. I have about 20 wires stuck to your body or glued in my hair
  3. I have an O2 monitor clamped to a finger
  4. I have to snort some kind of stuff up my nose (presumably for their own amusement)
  5. I am put into a strange bed at around 9pm (after pushing back on efforts to get me tucked in by 8:30pm)
  6. I am expected to fall asleep in front of a camera, occasionally they will talk to me over the intercom to remind me that I'm being watched
  7. I enjoy room-temperature hospital toast at 5am
  8. I buy a CPAP machine

Yeah, right...   Should have just gone straight to  #8 and saved myself the angst.  Just be aware that for mine, it was a shared bathroom too.  Privacy was limited.  Back when I had it, I could make it through the night without peeing.  That ship sailed long ago.

The cafeteria in my hospital is open until 12:30am, but had you been in my hospital you would have been better not eating there!  Even the packets of mustard are bad!  I do agree with just about all you said, but for my first test I got there around 11pm and it took them until after midnight to get me wired up.  Except for snorting that stuff up my nose, it's the same.  The thing is, there are up to 20 different pressure setting for my CPAP machine and they test each different setting while you are sleeping with the mask on to find the setting best suited to your sleep apnia.  Out of the 20 settings, mine is set at 13 (set by the techs where I bought it after they read my test results.  It's important as too low a pressure setting won't help your apnia, too high and not only will it be uncomfortable but could cause you issues medically.

• 2 weeks later...