LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Inner Baby ABDL Store, City Wants Shut Down

My Inner Baby in Noblesville, IN (just outside of Indianapolis), is at risk of getting shut down over “zoning concerns” that it’s a sex toy store. They’re challenging the decision with the zoning board of appeals. There is an article but you have to pay to access it. This is the actual zoning appeal by My Inner Baby.

https://www.cityofnoblesville.org/egov/documents/1657567913_04012.pdf

• Like 2

The only assumption I can come up with is that this city doesn’t want an ABDL business operating within city limits. So they’re using existing zoning laws to try and shut them down. I hope they pull through and beat the city. They’re associating adult baby clothing and adult diapers as a “sex shop”. Let’s hope this business doesn’t have to get lawyers involved. It could get costly for them.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Diapered machinist said:

My Inner Baby in Noblesville, IN (just outside of Indianapolis), is at risk of getting shut down over “zoning concerns” that it’s a sex toy store. They’re challenging the decision with the zoning board of appeals. There is an article but you have to pay to access it. This is the actual zoning appeal by My Inner Baby.

@Diapered machinist

this shop is not a sex shop: the reason why people are worried about it is because of what it sells. However, there always are going to be people who want the products that they sell. What I would do if I was the owner of this establishment is to add something to my inventory that makes it a medical supply establishment where diapers can be sold as well as any of the other types of equipment that ABDL's may need, and in that way because it sells medical diapers and medical supplies no one will be able to tell it that it is zoned inappropriately, or that it is dealing with sex toys. There are places all over the place that sell things like this, and I'm not sure why this one is being targeted other than what you have stated above.

If this store were to still maintain what it sells, and it was able to do business as a medical supply store, then it might not be under so much scrutiny. Even if it was, there's no real reason in my opinion to stop a store from operating simply because they think it is a sex shop. If you are an ABDL or you are incontinent or you're disabled you may want a supply of diapers or other equipment, and just because you may be selling diapers that are not simply medical white, this does not rise to the level of becoming a sex shop. Diapers are going to be needed, so maybe the way to take care of this situation is to somehow carry medical supplies which includes diapers and that way they won't be under so much scrutiny. I would love it if this particular establishment were able to stay open without being under the microscope. People in our community need places to be able to get there supplies, and people should not be running scared simply because they don't understand what this business is selling, nor the audience to which it is catering its wares to.

My .02

Brian

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Diapered machinist said:

Aww man, this is REALLY bad news! Why do normals ALWAYS have to ruin the fun?!??? It's NOT like we're hurting anyone, just leave us alone to do our own thing with one another! I really hope the city doesn't shut it down. It's NOT a sex shop. And EVEN if it was, I highly doubt that the store owners would be okay with that. Normals have gotta get used to us, because we're NOT going anywhere!??????♥️????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bad news that a city is attempting this type of action, but also not super surprising. This is not the first similar case.

School Districts, Zoning and the like are where most of the most invasive laws, regulations and assessments are made in the US. 

the bad news is that a city can do this, the good news is that they have the burden of proof. The problem is that there are too many in the community that label the community as fetish. On top of this the AGERE people are also looking down at us saying the very same thing. The reality is that there is a great deal of diversity and a significant portion of the community that are not “into it” as a fetish. Some of us just like diapers, some babyish things, many it is just regressive / mental health / comfort. But the vocal few including misguided posts labeling the community or interest as fetish, media doing the same thing, etc do not help our case ever. Obviously to us this is completely harmless and very much so innocent or just a personal decision, but others only know what they hear or what they assume based on what little they hear. 

Hopefully this will go well but there is also a big chance that they will be shut down or forced to move. 

• Like 3

@~Brian~ The store carries NorthShore diapers, cloth diapers, and other items that could or are medical supplies already. I suppose they could pick up some Depends, Tena, or other mass market diapers.

The store itself is in a weird location. My Inner Baby's door is on the backside of their building, facing a highway that isn't connected. Without GPS I would never have found it. I still would need GPS to return.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kiddieo said:

Bad news that a city is attempting this type of action, but also not super surprising. This is not the first similar case.

School Districts, Zoning and the like are where most of the most invasive laws, regulations and assessments are made in the US. 

the bad news is that a city can do this, the good news is that they have the burden of proof. The problem is that there are too many in the community that label the community as fetish. On top of this the AGERE people are also looking down at us saying the very same thing. The reality is that there is a great deal of diversity and a significant portion of the community that are not “into it” as a fetish. Some of us just like diapers, some babyish things, many it is just regressive / mental health / comfort. But the vocal few including misguided posts labeling the community or interest as fetish, media doing the same thing, etc do not help our case ever. Obviously to us this is completely harmless and very much so innocent or just a personal decision, but others only know what they hear or what they assume based on what little they hear. 

Hopefully this will go well but there is also a big chance that they will be shut down or forced to move. 

I agree, I NEVER really considered this a fetish per say, but I know a LOT of people would consider that this IS one. And I KNOW I'm DEFINITELY in the camp of liking this community for the BABY aspects of it. The babyish things, the diapers, the wipes, the baby powder, the consistent bashing of potty training, all of that stuff.????? But if I had to label it I would say it's more of a diaper community first then anything else, same thing with the incontinent community. I would say that we're a sister community to them, just like the furry community. And we can blend and intertwine with one another, just like a family would. But we don't always each other, just like a family does.??????♥️?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.cityofnoblesville.org/egov/documents/1658952391_6444.pdf

Here is the update. It appears they denied their appeal and classified it as a sex shop. The crazy thing is if you read through the city’s argument, it’s pure BS. The city mentions selling leather makes a shop a “sex shop”.  I hope these owners pull through and fight and win somehow.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Diapered machinist said:

https://www.cityofnoblesville.org/egov/documents/1658952391_6444.pdf

Here is the update. It appears they denied their appeal and classified it as a sex shop. The crazy thing is if you read through the city’s argument, it’s pure BS. The city mentions selling leather makes a shop a “sex shop”.  I hope these owners pull through and fight and win somehow.

Yeah, I fully agree with you! Then apparently SOMEBODY didn't read the fine print in that argument because if they did, they would see that it's BS. And how does selling leather make it a sex shop anyway? That makes no sense at all! LOL!????? I really hope that "my inner baby" pulls through! This is RIDICULOUS!??????????????

17 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

There goes every clothing store selling belts and shoe stores selling dress shoes or work boots. Lots of leather stuff for sale out there. Wal-Mart is in trouble.

You don't think that Walmart could REALLY be in trouble, do you?! Especially for stuff like that. I mean it's an multi-billion dollar corporation.?????????

5 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

You don't think that Walmart could REALLY be in trouble, do you?! Especially for stuff like that. I mean it's an multi-billion dollar corporation.?????????

No, but it something to bring up at any hearing. The city is trying to come up with an excuse to shut down MIB. 

• Like 1

ABDL is classified as a kink and fetish so therefore it will be seen as a sex shop. If it's a medical shop, then they would have to allow in all ages or else it's an adult shop. 

42 minutes ago, Nat said:

ABDL is classified as a kink and fetish so therefore it will be seen as a sex shop. If it's a medical shop, then they would have to allow in all ages or else it's an adult shop. 

I don't remember seeing any signs limiting entrance by age. No 18 or older signs. You can find kinkier stuff for sale at Walmart.

To be honest you can find kinkier stuff at a Medical Supply store that sells mastectomy products. 

• Like 1

SAD UPDATE: they’ve had to close their shop temporarily as the city has decided to fine them up to $7,500 every day they are open. 

However, they also mentioned that they have filed a lawsuit against the city’s BZA and filed for a stay in their county’s circuit court, which would allow them to reopen for the time being. 

• Like 3

It just seems like the city has a bunch of angry NIMBYS who control the city that got butt hurt that someone wanted to sell diapers. The title of the buissness might be whats irritating the NIMBYS off and giving them firepower.

"Oh"My Inner Baby" ,that must be a abdl store hense a kink shop. I ain't having abdls living near me. " is the vibe Im feeling out of this.

The store might have to change its name as a compromise.

• Like 2

They have closed up the retail shop as of this morning.   They're still pursuing an injunction and resolution through the courts, but they can't deal with a gratuitous $7500 fine for staying open in defiance of the zoning appeal failure.

https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/web-view?a=TKTLF2&c=01FHJQS75Q2S02ZK445W99KXBC&k=bb431cc7be8d5ad7c1ae79de3f765fd4&m=XFV37u&r=XKEAZc8

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MegaChar said:

It just seems like the city has a bunch of angry NIMBYS who control the city that got butt hurt that someone wanted to sell diapers. The title of the buissness might be whats irritating the NIMBYS off and giving them firepower.

"Oh"My Inner Baby" ,that must be a abdl store hense a kink shop. I ain't having abdls living near me. " is the vibe Im feeling out of this.

The store might have to change its name as a compromise.

That's sad. But it's probably true, and it's probably what's going to happen. unfortunately! It sucks because I REALLY like the name they have now. I hope they don't have to change their name all because of some people that got butt hurt that they sell Diapees.??????☹️

• Like 1

Regardless of how people feel, I can understand that people may not want such a thing in their backyards. Same thing here in Vermont, when Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant was in operation. Everybody in their grandmother wanted nothing to do with it, near the plant because they were afraid of things happening period now that the plant is shut down, they are working to be able to cap it off so it is not in violation of rules or a problem for residents.

However regardless of how a shop like this is classified: there will always be individuals that want the wares and the things that they offer, and they will need them if for example, diapers that are sold are the low end diapers that no one wants, but people have to take. Someone asked me the other day how on God's green earth I was able to get my state to cover my mega maxes. Very simple: Medicaid determined that the diapers I was using that were the prevail air, were not effective, and therefore I am totally incontinent both ways, so the best diaper for this would be a diaper that can handle it. Mega Max is where my first choice, out of a total of five, and that choice was approved. Because of my condition, and because of the fact I was having so much trouble with diapers, the state came back to me and said I would never have to go through that again, and they agreed that I had gone through a lot of grief, and they said I would never have to do it again, stating the mega maxes work for you, so that's what you get, based on everything that was written. So because of my doctor and the way he wrote what he wrote, I got what I needed.

I can understand that there are certain shops around here or anywhere, that people don't want to have so prominently displaying their wares. We have such a shop up the street, but it is an adult shop, it shows assign, and it is upstairs on the second floor of a building. This shop sells oils, CBD, electric cigs, the tanks, and everything that is involved with that. It also sells the sexual items that people may want, but it is not something that screams what they sell . I have never heard of a problem within our city limits of this shop, but I didn't hear of the downstairs business, which is basically a gentlemen's club, and there was an ordinance that was placed in to the record saying that guys could only be so many feet apart from the girls, so that they don't end up feeling like they are being lusted after.

as I said before, I can understand somebody not wanting something like this in their backyard, but in reality, adult diapers are a business, and adult themed things will always be something that can be sold, so long as it is not illegal, and as long as miners, defined as anyone who is under 18, or however state law in the state that it is located state. I'm sure that there are places that are out there that do exactly what this company does, the only thing I think they might complain about is the fact that there are adults who may be walking around in diapers or something and that is what causes an uproar. There are going to be people that are going to be walking around in diapers regardless of whether our business is approved or not, it all depends on where it is, the zoning, and the people's feelings at the time business goes in. People are going to need places to buy diapers and plastic pants and possibly other things, and if people feel like a baby, and want to act like one, want to look like one, so be it, but if you are an adult you should adult around such a place like this, because you don't want someone to get the wrong idea. By all means, if you want to be and act like a baby, or an adult kid, or whatever, by all means do so, but you have to be careful where you do it and when you do it, so you don't draw unintended attention to yourself. I think part of the problem is that you have to be able to find ways to be able to sell what you want to sell without drawing undo attention to it, and I'm not sure how that is done, but I can tell you that regardless of whether somebody wants it or not, there needs to be places where you can get things like this, and thank God for online retailing, because without that we would be dead in the water. We would be stuck with diapers that aren't even worth$0.30 on the dollar, that are required to be able to act like mega maxes!

It is my hope that whatever happens, whether it be a zoning change or whether it be something that allows a store like this to exist, that a compromise can be made, and this store can function as it it needs to be, within the state law, within the city ordinance, and that they're able to do what they want to do within reason. Depending on where you are, you could do whatever you wanted within it, within a building of course, but once you go outside that building, you have to make sure that you are attired properly. They say for example in Vermont, that I could get up, put on a pair of shorts a pair of shoes, pair of socks, and be fully dressed and walk out of here, and do my business. No one's gonna say much about my attire if I'm dressed appropriately. They also say, that if I were to get up, put on my socks, and nothing else, that as long as I walk out of my apartment dressed that way, that I am not violating the law. I'm not sure why that is like that, but apparently it is legal, but you wouldn't catch me dressed like that! I remember one time that I was nervous about not having shoes and socks on, because I needed to be able to use my feet to stop sometimes. Luckily I had someone pushing me, so she had control of the chair at all times, so I didn't have to worry.

I guess the way you take care of it is that people are always careful about what they do, and they take responsibility for their actions. This does not mean however that this particular business should not be allowed to exist! It should exist, and it should be allowed to do it's business, so long as it is being done in an appropriate manner, because I can guarantee you if you walked into a nursing home, one of the things that's going to be on an order sheet would be so many diapers of this type, so many diapers of that type karma plastic pants, and a whole bunch of other things. This is an appropriate environment for such things to be sold, and where the consumers that are there use. However, we still need a store somewhere to be able to buy these things. Sometimes doing things online can cause a lot more trouble, sometimes it can be easier. I went to online stuff myself, because it's a lot easier to get my supplies, because all I have to do is call up and ask.

Like I said, if this business does things the right way, it shouldn't have to do anything. As I keep saying we have to keep bringing this back around to this one point: stigmas: just like if you had a gentlemen's club, which is basically a strip club in your city limits, that may be something that is highly regulated, but allowed, but a diaper company making diapers and deciding to open a store within the community is no different then a manufacturing plant that manufacturers cadillacs opening up for Chevrolet. It's all in the way it is perceived, that's all it is perception or something negative, or something that can be made negative because the actions of people who think they get away with making fun of something they don't understand, or making light of something they don't understand. I can understand certain people not wanting the whole world to know hey I wear diapers and I like it !  But, that aside, so long as this store can do what it's supposed to do under federal law and state law, I don't see a problem with it. Remember that stigmas are hard to break, and if someone really needs the products they sell, and stores like this are run out of town, then it'll be very hard to get what you need other than online. I don't know how some of these stories exist myself in brick and mortar format, and I'm not going to say that they don't need to be there anymore than this one wants to be, all I know is that there is a market for what they sell, and they need to be able to sell whatever they offer, but as I said they need to do it the right way.

Perhaps they have a way to fight this, if they have to change the zoning law? I agree with the report above calling everything that gentleman said is exactly true. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional Information
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

@~Brian~ There's a big difference between a nuclear power plant and a store selling diapers and clothes. An accident at the power plant could kill lots of people and animals. An accident at the diaper store, just needs a quick diaper change.

Which is why, a nuclear power plant should be the one thing that would probably require a heck of a lot more oversight. I don't see a problem with the store who is sowing stuff like this, provided they have the proper zoning and space to do it, without causing undue hardship on the city. I understand that it is a fetish, and so far, it sounds like a sex shop, but if you listen to the gentleman who is making an argument, he has good points too. You just have to realize, that there are certain people who get involved in things like this, and they don't hurt anyone, they just want to be able to get what they need, and enjoy themselves.

However, you should always use your discretion and not bring undue attention to oneself while inside. There are appropriate times and places for this to occur, but we're not talking about something that is going to meltdown and destroy the city. We're talking about a business which does have a legitimate reason for being in business, and there are people just like that gentleman said who have served their country, or they're dealing with PTSD, or they're dealing with whatever they're dealing with, and this is a way they can deal with the life they deal with.The best way to relax is to remember a time when you didn't have to worry about certain things. Some people have trouble doing that without having to regress, so long as this business is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing, and it's not causing a problem within the city limits, it shouldn't be a problem running. There are places that sell diapers, and I'm sure there are places that sell adult items , and they're still in Business Today, they just have to make sure they do it the right way so no one can give them any grief.

I do hope that whatever happens, my inner baby can become the store it wants to be, and can do it legally. The city could also set up a way so that this business does not violate any zoning laws, does not violate any rules, or does not violate any ordinances.  I'm sure the owners of that shop would understand exactly why people are nervous about it, but so long as that business is doing it the right way, they should be allowed to sell what they sell, with the express understanding that anyone entering has to be at least 18, to enter a specific area of the shop that sells the things that are objectionable to that city.

That gentleman that was speaking in the video: he says that they sell medical diapers and a whole bunch of other stuff too. There are people that need medical diapers, and some of them wear diapers because they need to, and they like the ABDL diapers, but just because of the word ABDL, they're worried about it being something that is bad period I understand people don't want sex shops around, but there always will be, you just have to make sure that they are well taken care of, so that the clientele that is serviced inside get what they need, while the city has certainty that nothing bad will happen. Everyone needs diapers, so that won't change, it'll just be a matter of how they will be able to get what they need, and how the city can be assured that their concerns

Brian

• Like 1