LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Partial untraining by wearing 12hr a day

Partial untraining has always interested me more than 24/7. I'm curious to what level of loss of control one would have if they wore 8 to 12 hr a day and never held it while wearing. I'm stressing r down this path now.

Has anyone done this? Would this lead to a level of loss that causes bed wetting or accidents? How frequent would your urges be and how much bladder capacity would one lose? I am going to experiment with this.

I’ve experimented with this a little over the years and I would say it definitely  had an effect.   I’ve become a bedwetter to the point diapers at night are now a must.  I’m not sure if it was from wearing every night, waking up, wetting, go back to sleep or just from the repetition of using diapers.  I’ve also noticed my control is terrible when drinking now.  If driving or in a store, if I feel the urge to go I better start looking for a bathroom.  And if I’m wearing a diaper my control becomes even worse, it’s nearly impossible for me to hold it once the need to pee arises.  I’ve dipped In and out of the situation many times but the bed wetting remains an issue no matter how often I’m wearing now.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, IWANTHOTDOGS said:

Partial untraining has always interested me more than 24/7. I'm curious to what level of loss of control one would have if they wore 8 to 12 hr a day and never held it while wearing. I'm stressing r down this path now.

Has anyone done this? Would this lead to a level of loss that causes bed wetting or accidents? How frequent would your urges be and how much bladder capacity would one lose? I am going to experiment with this.

@IWANTHOTDOGS@Bret2

in my opinion, partial on training simply means that you are wearing diapers during the day, and may or may not be using them to their fullest extent possible. In my opinion, there is also no real partial way to untrain. You either untrain partially or you untrain all the way, but in the end wearing diapers 8 to 12 hours a day is a de facto way of saying that you're wearing diapers 24/7. The reason why I say that is because if you are using diapers by releasing anytime you have something in your bladder, then you are effectively untraining. Really, there is no difference between partial untraining and full and training, because you still have to go and figure out how to untrain yourself enough so that you are using diapers when you feel the need to release. Prolonged use of diapers, if you continue to use them in this way, will result in you becoming incontinent on a functional level. I am incontinent myself as well as a diaper lover, and I can tell you from experience having a diaper on helps you, and sometimes you don't even know when you're going to release. Add to that that there are times that you don't know what you're going to release, and you can see why you would not be able to determine how to control yourself.

Sure, you could use a diaper every day karma and you could pee in them every day as well. You could also decide to use them for defecation purposes, but eventually you will become functionally incontinent because you are using the diapers as you see that you say that you are.  Once you start doing it during the day, eventually, you will use it at night, and then you will be using them all the time. In my case, I have cerebral palsy, which is a disability, mobility problems, also diverticulitis and incontinence, so in my case I'm using the diapers as they are intended to be, 24 hours a day seven days a week. Sure you can put a diaper on, and people seem to get the impression that the minute you put a diaper on, you will automatically release into it- this is a falsehood: you have to train your body and your brain to allow for your body to release and relax. Part of the untraining process says that you have to let your brain and your body coordinate and say to them " it's OK to use the diaper, that's what it's for,  let yourself relax let yourself go....".   You may lose some control by wearing every day, but it takes time before you would eventually have less and less control.

If you are wearing and using diapers every day, then eventually your body will get used to having them on and available, and if your body gets used to it, you will release whatever you are holding, and you will lose control of your bladder and bowels very slowly and subtly but you still will be losing some control. It takes time to be able to untrain yourself, and potty training is something that is difficult to overcome and override, but it is possible to untrain. As far as how much control you lose, that may be dependent on the person, and the strength of their muscles. However, once you start losing control, and you keep doing it, you will lose more and more control over the time that you're doing it, and then if you wish to go back to a time when you were trained to not wear a diaper or wet a diaper, you would have to retrain yourself to use the bathroom. Doing this is not for the faint of heart call my so I warn you that untraining yourself may have unintended consequences: if this is what you really wanna do, don't try to untrain yourself just during the day, because eventually you will be using the diapers 24 hours a day, and you will need them because your body will be used to being able to release anything that is holding.

Training means that you are teaching your body something new. You're telling your body to ignore something that you learned as a young child, and to forget the blocks and safety devices that your body has put in place so that you don't mess and pee yourself at inopportune times. If you're going to train yourself, you're going to have to train yourself both ways, and that means that eventually wearing diapers will mean that your body will get used to it, and you don't know what or when you will release, but you will release.

As I said untraining is not for the faint of heart: people that are incontinent don't have a choice, because they will release whatever they're holding whenever they're holding it, and then they have to change themselves. You will end up having to make changes to your lifestyle and the way that you do things, and as I said there is no partial untraining it's either untrained or not untrained: there is no middle ground. If you remember the movie karate kid 2, Mr miyagi told told Daniel that he either karate do yes or karate do no: you karate do gesso, and you get squished just like a grape: untraining is that way either you untrained yes or untrained no, you untrain gasso, and you will end up with having to deal with the uncertainty of what you will release where your release and when you were release. It is best to either untrain yes or untrain no this way at least you were aware of what you are doing.

I wish you the best of luck

Brian

Not to be a downer, but for almost 10 years I was wearing full time during the day (and "untraining") and would skip the diaper at night. My continence faded maybe 1-5%, if that. If you aren't actively untraining all the time, you're effectively just wearing a diaper whenever and maintaining your continence.

I was confused a bit by what @~Brian~ said:

On 7/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, ~Brian~ said:

In my opinion, there is also no real partial way to untrain. You either untrain partially or you untrain all the way, but in the end wearing diapers 8 to 12 hours a day is a de facto way of saying that you're wearing diapers 24/7.

I agree that "there is also no real partial way to untrain ... or you untrain all the way". But partial untraining, in my view, just doesn't exist. If it does, you'd be untraining all the way for a significant amount of time ("partially untrained") and then stopping without having spiraled out of control.

So I ask, @IWANTHOTDOGS, what's stopping you from just going all the way?

1 hour ago, jonbearab said:

Not to be a downer, but for almost 10 years I was wearing full time during the day (and "untraining") and would skip the diaper at night. My continence faded maybe 1-5%, if that. If you aren't actively untraining all the time, you're effectively just wearing a diaper whenever and maintaining your continence.

I agree that "there is also no real partial way to untrain ... or you untrain all the way". But partial untraining, in my view, just doesn't exist. If it does, you'd be untraining all the way for a significant amount of time ("partially untrained") and then stopping without having spiraled out of control.

@jonbearab

in reality, there is no real way to partially untrain. You're either untraining or you're not untraining. Wearing diapers 24/7 means that you are using them for their intended purpose in my view. There may be some people who wear them but do not use them, so I guess there is that particular subset of individuals, but in reality there is no way to partially do this you either do it or you don't. People may end up starting the training and then have to stop for whatever reason, but if and when they do resume, the ultimate result is that you are going for total untraining.

As you stated, you only lose a small amount of your continence as you are doing this. It takes a long time for you to be able to cross the threshold so that you are actively using the diapers for their intended purpose at all times. This is why it is important if you are doing the untraining to understand that you're either doing it full time or you're not.  The goal in untraining is to wear diapers 24/7. What I usually tell people is that the way to untrain yourself is to start wearing diapers 24/7, using them for everything: you have to retrain your body and your brain to allow you to do this, and as you know this takes time. When you were a kid, it took you time to be able to achieve continence, so that you didn't need diapers anymore, so doing it in reverse also takes time because you have to defeat years of trained control.  

like you, @jonbearab, I wonder what is stopping @IWANTHOTDOGS From going all the way. Sure you can wear diapers during the day, but if you want to go the full route, and experience what loss of control really means, it means that you must untrain all the way.  This will be up to the person who is making the decision, but it is something that does not happen overnight and will take time to undo just like it took time to gain control it will take time to lose it.  If he decides to go all the way, the standard warning is that you should be prepared and understand what it is that you are doing and what you will achieve in the end: you will have to wear diapers 24/7, you will have to have your supplies with you at all times and be willing to change anywhere at anytime, and you will have to deal with and find ways to deal with you're incontinent so that it does not interfere with their day-to-day life. Being Incarnate means that you also have to make adjustments to your life so that you can deal with it, although it is not difficult to do, it does present certain situations that could be difficult to deal with at times, or inconvenient: this is what you will have to deal with should you decide to go all the way.

Brian

11 hours ago, jonbearab said:

We're u actively untraining during the day by keeping the muscles opened all the time? 

What I'm trying to get at is that if you keep the muscles relaxed when wearing, but also have periods of not wearing (some hours during day and possibly night). You wouldn't become fully diaper dependent because you have periods of using the muscles which will keep some level of strength. What is open in the air is the level of weakness would be induced by this. It could become a level where u have weaker control out of diapers, but fully capable of going to the bathroom and not having accidents. 

Another possibility is that your control progressively weakens to the point of legit accidents out of diapers and bed wetting, which you would have to decide to go 24/7. Another possibility is somewhere in between where accidents are theoretically possible, but unlikely. It's not a black and white thing since bladder control is progressive. There are different levels of incontinence, some people only need pads or pullups. 

What I want is something unique, where pullups are necessary for potential accidents, but still able to use the bathroom most of the time.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, Bret2 said:

I’ve experimented with this a little over the years and I would say it definitely  had an effect.   I’ve become a bedwetter to the point diapers at night are now a must.  I’m not sure if it was from wearing every night, waking up, wetting, go back to sleep or just from the repetition of using diapers.  I’ve also noticed my control is terrible when drinking now.  If driving or in a store, if I feel the urge to go I better start looking for a bathroom.  And if I’m wearing a diaper my control becomes even worse, it’s nearly impossible for me to hold it once the need to pee arises.  I’ve dipped In and out of the situation many times but the bed wetting remains an issue no matter how often I’m wearing now.

How do you feel about your control level? Do you want to retrain, untrain more or keep your current level. I want to achieve the state you are at. 

What times of the day were you wearing during the day and were u actively keeping your bladder relaxed? Do you think you would still be bed wetting if you didn't wear at night?

On 7/24/2022 at 2:24 PM, IWANTHOTDOGS said:

We're u actively untraining during the day by keeping the muscles opened all the time? 

What I'm trying to get at is that if you keep the muscles relaxed when wearing, but also have periods of not wearing (some hours during day and possibly night). You wouldn't become fully diaper dependent because you have periods of using the muscles which will keep some level of strength. What is open in the air is the level of weakness would be induced by this. It could become a level where u have weaker control out of diapers, but fully capable of going to the bathroom and not having accidents. 

Another possibility is that your control progressively weakens to the point of legit accidents out of diapers and bed wetting, which you would have to decide to go 24/7. Another possibility is somewhere in between where accidents are theoretically possible, but unlikely. It's not a black and white thing since bladder control is progressive. There are different levels of incontinence, some people only need pads or pullups. 

What I want is something unique, where pullups are necessary for potential accidents, but still able to use the bathroom most of the time.

How do you feel about your control level? Do you want to retrain, untrain more or keep your current level. I want to achieve the state you are at. 

What times of the day were you wearing during the day and were u actively keeping your bladder relaxed? Do you think you would still be bed wetting if you didn't wear at night?

Yes, that is what I mean by "untraining". I was keeping muscles relaxed at all times. And even when I went #2 in the potty monster, I always remained relaxed and didn't force myself to go #1 in my diaper but went in the toilet instead. I kept most of my control of #2 during this time.

I suppose my point is, I have had little success in "partially untraining" by wearing only a portion of the time. I think if you went full-on 24/7 for both #1 and #2 for some months and then stopped, you'll get your idea of: "What I want is something unique, where pullups are necessary for potential accidents, but still able to use the bathroom most of the time," solution. But I don't think you'll get there by training a little during the day, and remaining continent at night (as an example), if that makes sense.