LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Using Discontinued Diapers

I was cleaning and organizing my stash today and remembered that I had two bags of the old, discontinued style Tykables Overnights and a few of the old Rearz Princess (So much better looking IMO) diapers. I love these older styles and can't bring myself to use them and frustrated at storing them. Anyone else ever run into this? What, if anything broke your usage paralysis? Do I sell them to get them out of my stash without having the trauma of using them?

• Like 1

I have 3 bags of the original Overnights as well.  They're essentially the same as the MyDiaper brand (I had some of those and could compare directly side by side... only the print differed).   I also have a few bags of the original Crinklz, Fabine Teddys, and a few others which I have designated as "archive".   I will use them.. or at least most of them.  Will likely want to keep a few examples just as keepsakes.

• Like 1

I have kept a sample of each ABBL/colored or printed diaper that I have used over the last couple years. That collection is still large but manageable.

They're not ABDL diapers but I bought a few bags of ID Expert Slip Maxi diapers a few years ago.  They changed from plastic backing to cloth back...which I hate...so I stopped buying them.  The plastic backed ones are PHENOMINAL.  They are the ones I wear to the movies if I need a really great diaper to last a long time.

Fortunately the Megamax diapers are pretty well on par with them so I do have access to a plastic backed brand that can handle my output at the movies....

It's just that they're so darned expensive now....

I have bags of the DC amor diapers, bags of the 1990's vintage attends in medium and large, vintage depends diapers from the 90's, and countless packs of vintage luvs diapers and papers with the plastic backing

The question is, do you use them and enjoy, or do you sell them on EBAY and make a lot of money!  Vintage Attends from the mid 1990's sell for big bucks for just a couple diapers.  I have about half a dozen from 25 years ago and I keep an eye on what they are selling for.

• Like 1

Huh.....ok...thought I hit the website earlier and nothing came up....ok.....thanks!! These really are a very good product, I have 1 left..... Just wondering what to do with it.... ?

On 7/20/2022 at 2:43 AM, square_duck said:

Huh.....ok...thought I hit the website earlier and nothing came up....ok.....thanks!! These really are a very good product, I have 1 left..... Just wondering what to do with it.... ?

I might have more than 1... but I never bought more than a few samples (wearing clouds or CTDC) anyway.   Been meaning to send a message through the site to see if they're even still operating. Even if they are, the stock is starting to get old, so hopefully would have been stored in proper conditions. 

On 7/21/2022 at 4:24 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

Even if they are, the stock is starting to get old, so hopefully would have been stored in proper conditions. 

What is the shelf life of diapers stored in a clean dry place?

1 hour ago, DAQ said:

What is the shelf life of diapers stored in a clean dry place?

I've got some things that are easily 5 years old and still work just fine - but they're stored in an air conditioned environment.  I would think the tapes would be the first victim of age, and wide swings in temperature would just make that happen sooner than later.  So, if you have product stored in a warehouse with no AC and ineffective heat, then you could be shortening product life considerably. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have diapers and samples for the late 90's up till now. wife calls me a diaper collector.  I have to say The plastic backing was thicker but they don't hold much like today's diapers. I used an old green depend diaper a few weeks ago and OMG i leaked by the second wetting and the crinkle sound is way different.  

Well. One more to add to my list. Tykables discontinued Koda Cubs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Disney shut that down real quick. I still have a bag left of them ?

On 8/16/2022 at 10:55 PM, DAQ said:

Well. One more to add to my list. Tykables discontinued Koda Cubs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Disney shut that down real quick. I still have a bag left of them ?

THing is... Disney DOESN'T OWN BLUEY.  They're just licensing it to air in the US. 

2 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

THing is... Disney DOESN'T OWN BLUEY.  They're just licensing it to air in the US. 

Going to go out on a limb as say they don't care and would find any number of ways to discontinue any usage of that property.