LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What if there were no diapers, would you still have incontinence desires?

What if there were no diapers, would you still have incontinence desires?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What if there were no diapers, would you still have incontinence desires?

• Yes
    • No

I used to consider my desire to be incontinent stronger than my love for diapers as I never wear diapers when I am continent. However, I just came to the realization that without diapers I wouldn't have any desire to be incontinent. Managing incontinence with condomcatheters and bags is not exciting for me at all. 

How about you?

For me diapers and my desire to be incontinent go hand in hand. If there were no diapers I doubt my incontinence desire would have developed the way it did. Already at a very early age I had the desire to wear diapers and use them for their intended purpose, only for number one that is. I was allowed to wear diapers during the night and sometimes during daytime as well if I asked for it. This continued until the age of seven although I was potty trained at the age of two. I was not allowed to wet my diapers after I was potty trained, but this always felt wrong. Things changed more or less over night at one point and could no longer wear diapers with my parents consent. The feelings stayed and as a matter of fact they intensified as I got older. Nowadays I wet my diaper without control and I feel complete and content like it is supposed to be. But if diapers would not have existed I belief I would not have developed a desire to be incontinent either to me they go hand in hand.

To the extent that I have “incontinence desires” I suspect they relation to a rationalisation or a socially acceptable excuse for being diapered.  It goes something like “If I’m actually incontinent, I actually NEED diapers.  Nobody can take them away from me, I don’t have to pretend, I don’t get judged, debate and controversy are OVER.”

This doesn’t reflect well on myself, showing a fundamental insecurity with respect to who I am but it’s being as truthful as I can be.

The upshot of this is that if the destination (diapers) didn’t exist then incontinence (a vector to reach that destination) would be of no interest for me. 

Subjected to the same infantile factors of course, I’d probably just have some kind of alternative dysfunction but I can’t know for sure.

• Like 1

Diapers are secondary for me.  The focus of my kink is reliving the humiliation of childhood bedwetting via wetting in my sleep (think that’s incontinence).  Matter of fact, when I first induced sleep wetting diapers didn’t even cross my mind.  It wasn’t till a girlfriend complained that I began wearing when an “accident” was likely.

23 hours ago, oznl said:

To the extent that I have “incontinence desires” I suspect they relation to a rationalisation or a socially acceptable excuse for being diapered.  It goes something like “If I’m actually incontinent, I actually NEED diapers.  Nobody can take them away from me, I don’t have to pretend, I don’t get judged, debate and controversy are OVER.”

This doesn’t reflect well on myself, showing a fundamental insecurity with respect to who I am but it’s being as truthful as I can be.

The upshot of this is that if the destination (diapers) didn’t exist then incontinence (a vector to reach that destination) would be of no interest for me. 

Subjected to the same infantile factors of course, I’d probably just have some kind of alternative dysfunction but I can’t know for sure.

Very similar to this for me - I doubt that I would have become interested in incontinence had it not been for wanting to be in nappies more and more.  That said, being incontinent has also become an end in itself because there's something about losing control of such a basic bodily function that I find a huge turn-on; in part it's a humiliation kick - how could an otherwise (reasonably) fit and healthy male be incontinent?  Having to explain to a potential partner that I'm not in nappies by choice but because I really need them is a big thing for me.  And choosing nappies - for a long time the most 'disapproved' of solution to incontinence - only heightens that (as does wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants at night - what better way to scream 'bedwetter' at someone?) ...

• Like 1