LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Little Sister Briana CH 40 (The Finale!) 11/07/21

I imagine she’ll eventually poop her diaper. If she doesn’t like it then it would be a good punishment for her. However she seems to have a humiliation kink so even if she doesn’t like pooping her diaper she still might totally get off on it from a humiliation stand point depending on her frame of mind at the time. 

• Like 1

Me encanta este capitulo! (I'm trying to learn Spanish on Duolingo.) ??

I swear, though: I'm going to throw something if she ever gets with Bea again. ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, kerry said:

Me encanta este capitulo! (I'm trying to learn Spanish on Duolingo.) ??

¡Al final tenemos una histora con Beatrix que puedes disfrutar! 

14 minutes ago, kerry said:

I swear, though: I'm going to throw something if she ever gets with Bea again. ?

I don't mind spoiling that there's no going back for Mel at this point. They haven't 100% processed who Beatrix is and has done, but Bea broke the fundamental thing that was holding Mel to them.

That doesn't mean we're never going to see Beatrix again in the story. She does not like being told no.

3 hours ago, SolSombraYSoldados said:

That doesn't mean we're never going to see Beatrix again in the story. She does not like being told no.

Yeah, I figure that. But I can deal with it. Might even be fun to watch her fall, if that's what happens.

• Like 1
On 10/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, SolSombraYSoldados said:

It wasn’t like me until I became a mother.” Veronica said. “I don’t care how small the chance is, I’m taking it. I’m going to do everything I possibly can to help Melody, even if it makes me look stupid or foolish.”

Jane took Veronica in her arms. They held each other tightly. Briana joined in on the hug, wrapping her arms around both of them as best she could.

“I love you and I understand. Let’s tilt at this windmill.” Jane said.

“Thank you. Can you get our daughter into the car?” Veronica asked.

Whelp it's time for an intervention I guess.... ?

Also damn the parallels on this time it's Beatrix they're being rescued from

he was ready at the door with all her stuff before her parents were. It was a new, exciting kind of joy to see them so proud of her. Yes, Big Briana would need to be around to stay. Little Briana could see the advantages.

Okay this level of growth and integration from Briana is amazing! I'm like super proud of her and this is honestly kind of goals!

• Like 1

o Briana’s delight, Veronica was even happier with Monserrat than Briana had hoped. She even talked about doing some school stuff to help Monchi out. Briana was sure that would work out well, Mom was super important at school for some reason. When Monserrat left, wishing them a Merry Christmas, Briana waved for all she was worth.

Okay it was a little hard to follow a story spread across two websites especially with my ADHD but it was so worth it! This was so cute and wholesome it made my heart ache, like I probably sound like a broken record but basically everything I want!

You be a good girl and be ready to give your sibling all the love they need when we get them back here.” Veronica said. “I’ve already put some things in motion. As soon as Melody is back, I’m ending this. Our family has been held hostage by Beatrix long enough.”

And now it looks like it's "find out" time for a Beatrix..... Mama sounds like she's about to go all M/Nick Fury on the bitches ass and drop the absolute wrath of the gods...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SolSombraYSoldados said:

hey just drove. No plan, no thoughts. They’d been driving an hour before they realized they’d forgotten to buckle up. Melody pulled into a parking lot and tried to think. There was no going back for their stuff. Beatrix might literally kill them. They shuddered at the thought.

Going home felt bad too. They’d have to go back eventually but – they couldn’t face mom. Veronica. Jane. Briana. They really couldn’t face their sister. She’d probably cried a ton over them already. All because Melody was too stupid and thirsty to be smart.

Melody sobbed. They cried, pressing their forehead into the steering wheel, until they felt empty and cold. Emotionally numb and shivering, Melody turned the car heater up as high as it would go. They watched the snow melt on their windshield listlessly. Eventually, hunger won out.

Oh thank fuuucccckkk.... She got out of there just in time... There's going to be fallout but... Oh thank fuck Oh thank fuck...

Melody my friend, bud You:

i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-ans

It's going to be so hard recovering from this friend but you've got your family.... Beatrix is unfortunately going to smack against the sun and crash. She doesn't want help...

Wooof I hate tecquialla but after that...

karen-walker-i-need-a-drink.gif

Rosa. Melody sighed, a shaky smile across their lips. They could apologize to her. See her. Even if she didn’t want to be together, it was one tiny thing that Melody could make right.

Yeeeeeesssss Yesssss Fuck yes sib! This is how you start!

cheer-up-lets-go.gif

• Like 1

“I love you.” Melody said, pressing themself against Rosa.

“I love you too. Even if you’re a total gay disaster. Little One, I missed you so much.”

FUCK YES!! LET'S GO LESBIANS!!!

OH GODS MY HEART!!!! *takes a big hit of tequila*

anime-girl-anime-blush.gif

8 hours ago, SolSombraYSoldados said:

elody smiled radiantly up at Rosa. For a shining moment everything, even having to deal with Veronica, was forgotten. There was just Mommy and comfort and love.

tears-of.gif

3 hours ago, kerry said:

Yeah, I figure that. But I can deal with it. Might even be fun to watch her fall, if that's what happens.

This!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, YourFNF said:

This was so cute and wholesome it made my heart ache, like I probably sound like a broken record but basically everything I want!

Briana's getting it figured out! Sure, part of "figuring it out" is how to have her brat and eat cookies too, but overall, she's in a good spot. :)

Oh thank fuuucccckkk.... She got out of there just in time... There's going to be fallout but... Oh thank fuck Oh thank fuck...

Yeah, that was a REALLY last-second escape. 

Mel wouldn't have made it out without their family being pushy as hell. ❤️

FUCK YES!! LET'S GO LESBIANS!!!

OH GODS MY HEART!!!! *takes a big hit of tequila*

I'm so happy the story is finally to this point for ya'll! Such a happy moment! 
Melody is finally where they need to be. No longer making their own decisions without someone around that has veto power. (someone sane) :D

JK! Where they need to be is loved, and Rosa obviously loves their dumb ass if she's still on team Mel after everything that's happened.

Time to face the music family.

-----

Melody woke up with a diaper so soggy that at first they were worried they’d messed themself. Rosa was naked in bed next to them, breathing slowly and softly. The peace of it made Melody’s breath catch in their throat. It stripped away any remaining illusions about the adrenaline-fueled bacchanal they’d had with Beatrix. That bed, that whole relationship had been full of hidden thorns. Every wrong move had drawn blood.

Rosa was safe. Cozy. Melody’s heart overflowed with love for their girlfriend, their mommy. Tears flowed without warning. It’s too much. Too good. I don’t deserve it.

The last thought was too sharp for the morning. Along with the clammy wet of Melody’s diaper, it was too much in a different way. With as much control over their emotions as they’d had over their bladder, Melody cried in soft whimpers.

Rosa stirred, blinking bleary eyes at Melody. They hadn’t wanted to wake her up. Rosa deserved to sleep in as long as she wanted, after everything she’d done yesterday. Big, ugly sobs wracked Melody. There was no stopping the meltdown spiral.

“Hey – baby.” Rosa said through a yawn. “It’s okay, whatever it is. Mommy’s here.”

“I di-di-di-didn’t want to wake you up!” Melody wailed.

Still struggling to wake, Rosa stared at Melody for a moment. Her mouth twisted in a sort of ‘oh well’ expression. Rosa propped herself up on one elbow and hefted a breast. The nipple landed right on Melody’s lips.

Melody’s mind record-scratched in shock, but their body didn’t. They were sucking eagerly on Rosa’s breast before their brain could catch up to what had happened. By the time realization struck, even a blush seemed redundant. Melody closed their eyes and kept sucking. They’d never felt like such a helpless baby. It was torturously reassuring and comfortably sexy.

“Wow, that really worked.” Rosa said, in a tone somewhere between amusement and delight. “I’ll have to keep that trick handy. Whenever you get fussy I can just pop a boob in your mouth.”

Melody squirmed. Things were rapidly shifting toward the sexy end of the spectrum. Their sopping diaper made it impossible to tell if they were wet from something other than a nighttime accident. There was a lot more heat down there than there had been a moment ago for sure.

“Ooh, baby likes that idea.” Rosa said, stroking Melody’s breasts. “Imagine all the places that would work. You get cranky because you’re tired, I put you on my breast. You have a hard time in class, I take you to a pumping room and give you a nipple. My baby gets fussy around our friends that know you’re a baby, and I pop a tit in your mouth so the adults can talk.”

A hot moan briefly interrupted Melody’s work on Rosa’s nipple. Their skin was prickling and hot. Rosa’s teasing, tugging touches on their own nipples were driving them wild. They moaned again when Rosa mashed their heavy diaper against their crotch.

Not that she was content with stopping there. Heedless of the wet, Rosa shoved a hand in Melody’s diaper and rubbed the nub of desperate heat between their legs. Electric pleasure flowed out from Melody’s crotch, setting their mind on fire. They thrashed and quivered in pleasure, moaning but never quite abandoning Rosa’s nipple.

It wasn’t until the fire in their nerves had dimmed, until they were trembling and panting on the bed, that they finally released their girlfriend’s breast. They snuggled up to Rosa languidly, floating on happy chemicals.

“Amazing.” Rosa said reverently. “What a good, sexy baby you are.”

“Mmm, I love you.” Melody said.

“I love you too.” Rosa said, squeezing Melody tightly. “You got mommy all wet between my legs though. You’re going to have to clean that up.”

“Yes Mommy.” Melody said, smiling eagerly.

They scooched down Rosa’s body, nuzzling and kissing as they went. She hadn’t been kidding about how wet she was. Rosa’s sex was shining, even leaking a little. Melody licked gently, then more and more firmly. Using Rosa’s moans as a guide, they worshipped their girlfriend’s sex with their tongue. The taste, the feel of Rosa’s legs quivering where Melody was gripping them, and the afterglow all combined into a soft feeling of bliss.

They held on, lapping at Rosa until she had to grab a pillow to scream into, and longer. When Rosa collapsed, quivering, Melody fitted themself against her, a happy sticky mess from head to toe.

“That was incredible.” Rosa said, when she regained her voice.

“It was perfect.” Melody said with a beatific sigh.

“We have just a little more mommy / niñe time, then we need to talk.” Rosa said.

“Yes Mommy.” Melody said.

“It sounds like my roommates are up.” Rosa said, cocking her head at the door. “You lie here. Mommy is going to take care of you right here, completely.”

Melody nodded. That sounded amazing. They were even too happy to worry if they deserved it or not. If Mommy said that’s how things were going to be, that was enough for baby Melody.

Rosa was gone for a while. She returned, showered and with a bottle of some white liquid in her hand. She also had a shower caddy stuffed with various towels and bathroom amenities.

By now, Melody was over the soaked diaper thing. When Rosa started off with the bottle, they tried to protest. Rosa wasn’t having any of that. Melody didn’t get more than a whine out before they got a pinch on the thigh and the rubber nipple in their mouth. Surrendering to Rosa, Melody dutifully sucked on what tasted like a vanilla protein shake.

The bottle was exchanged for a toothbrush, with minimal paste on it so that they didn’t need a sink afterwards. After the toothbrush, Rosa occupied Melody’s mouth with a pacifier. They would have preferred a breast if there had to be something in their mouth constantly, but decided that might be a little greedy.

Finally, the sopping diaper came off. Using washcloths and wipes, Rosa started at Melody’s hairline and washed them all the way down, even getting tickly scrubs between their toes. A fresh diaper followed the sponge bath, with tender caresses delivering the lotion and powder. Melody’s clothes from the night before were a wreck, so Rosa dressed them in her own clothes. The fit was a little baggy in the chest and hips, though the diaper helped a bit with the hip area.

Rosa held Melody gently, sitting up against her headboard with Melody leaning on her chest. It didn’t end up being a nap, exactly. There wasn’t a lot of thinking that went on though. Mostly Melody just let themself feel and bask in the comfort.

All things did have to end, even amazing ones. Melody found themself coming back to conscious thought when Rosa sat them up and took the pacifier out of their mouth.

“That was a lot of baby stuff.” Rosa said. “Are you okay to talk now, or do you need more time to come around?”

“I think I can.” Melody said, smiling softly. “I feel more relaxed than Little right now.”

Rosa beamed. “I’m so glad. This is amazing for me. I can see on your face how good it is for you. We still have to talk about it though. I need it to stay amazing. I don’t ever want to hurt you, or get us all tangled up in the game.”

“Thank you.” Melody said. “I don’t want to lose myself. I want to be your niñe, but I want to be your Melody too. You liked me before you ever knew about this stuff. I still want to be that person.”

Rosa nodded. “That’s good to hear. I don’t want to lose that Melody either.”

“Um, where do we start?”

“With dividing up time I guess?” Rosa said. “How often do you want to do baby stuff? Every time we spend the night together? A couple of times a week? Almost all the time, with picking a break day sometimes?”

“I’ll do whatever you want.” Melody said quickly. They needed this to work. Desperation and anxiety raised twin hydra-heads in them, at the thought that Rosa might not like how their ABDL time went. “You pick how much you want to do it. You’re doing all the work.”

“No.” Rosa said firmly, bapping Melody on the nose. “That’s not how this goes. I want to hear what YOU want.”

Melody bit their lip, squirmed. Rosa’s gaze was relentless. Out of options, back against the wall, it was time for a radical strategy. Genuinely expressing their desires.

“I want it a lot.” Melody said. “Right now I’d say whenever we’re together alone, or at my house. Maybe I’ll want it less later but right now I really want it.”

Rosa smiled. “Me too. So that’s good, we’re aligned on that. I’d like to have fun with it and we can check in with each other to make sure it’s not getting to be too much. Does that sound okay?”

Melody nodded. “I guess we should also decide if there’s stuff we won’t do. Boundaries.”

“That’s a word you know?” Rosa teased. “Yes, my love, good idea. Last night you were really upset by the idea of – it’s called messing, right?”

“Yeah, it is.” Melody blushed. “I don’t know about that.”

“I’m not eager to try it either.” Rosa said. “So that’s one boundary. Anything else?”

“I’m not sure. I like everything you’ve done so far.” Melody said. “What about you? What don’t you want to do?”

“Well I’m in charge during our scenes, so what you don’t want is more relevant.” Rosa said. “There’s stuff we haven’t done. Like adding bondage gear to make you more helpless.”

“You’ve been doing research!” Melody said, grinning.

“Maybe. Shut up.” Rosa giggled, blushing. “Seriously though, this is kind of like BDSM in some ways, but not in others.”

“I trust you.” Melody said. “But I don’t like being tied up for long periods of time. You um – could uh – spank me if you wanted.”

Rosa’s eyes sparkled. Melody wondered if they were going to regret having offered that.

“That brings up another thing. I’m taking care of you, we have a whole mommy / niñe dynamic.” Rosa hesitated, grabbing Melody’s hand. “Do you want it to extend to stuff outside of the bedroom? Do you want – caregiving in general?”

“I don’t want to give up my job or my bank account or anything really extreme.” Melody said, squeezing Rosa’s hand. “But if you – had behavior stuff you wanted to make rules about – that’d be hot.”

“Even if it’s bigger stuff than like, swearing or staying up late?” Rosa asked.

“Like what?”

“You have a problem with honesty. Especially to yourself. I want – I’m trying not to be too controlling here – but I want to help you with that. I want to correct you to help you be a better Melody. The one I get to see when you’re being your best self.” Rosa cringed. “That probably sounded too much like B…”

“NO.” Melody said. “Don’t even say it. You aren’t – you don’t live in the same universe as her.”

Rosa sighed and nodded. “But it’s too much, isn’t it?”

“You’re not wrong about me.” Melody said. “It’s – weird to imagine giving that to you. I – I want to try it.”

“You sure?”

“Yes, please Mommy.” Melody said. “I – get that kind of stuff from Veronica too. You could um – coordinate.”

Rosa smiled shakily. “I will not abuse this. I promise. Part of that is you have to tell me if something makes you uncomfortable or feels wrong. That’d be our number one, unbreakable rule. Is that okay?”

“Okay.” Melody said, taking a deep breath.

“Please really think about it. We don’t need any other silly rules about bedtimes or whatever. If I want to put you to bed early, I’ll just do it.” Rosa said. “But this is the rule I need. For the behavior coaching to be okay, you need to communicate with me so I can be a good mommy. Even more, I have to believe that you’re really telling me when something is wrong.”

Melody looked down at their crossed legs. Their eyes wandered aimlessly across the bright stitching and loose folds of Rosa’s track pants. It wasn’t a bad ask. It wasn’t even something that Melody didn’t want to do. The problem was, they weren’t sure if they could do it. It’d be so easy to ignore the little twinges, like they always did. So hard to speak up and push back.

Looking back up at Rosa, Melody felt a burst of love in their chest. She was waiting patiently, with an open and caring expression on her face. It didn’t seem like Melody had to agree. Melody saying no seemed like something Rosa was willing to accept. They’d have to re-negotiate the behavior stuff, but Rosa wasn’t dictating. She was asking.

They had to trust her. She was worth the hard, uncomfortable thing.

“I can do that.” Melody said. “I really can. But, I’m bad at it. Also, I think uncomfortable is the wrong word. Telling you when something feels wrong will be uncomfortable. Sitting in a wet diaper is uncomfortable. I think the rule has to be that I tell you if it feels wrong – or if it hurts my heart.”

“I think that’s exactly right.” Rosa said, tears shining on her cheeks.

“Is that it? Can we hug?” Melody asked.

“That’s the important part.” Rosa said, making a slow-leap up into a big hug that crashed them both down on the bed. “We just committed to keep talking anyway. We can work out other boundaries and turn-ons as we go.”

“Yeah, I want to talk about stuff we want to do instead of just negatives.” Melody said, nuzzling into Rosa’s neck.

“I’d say we found one this morning.” Rosa laughed. “My nipple is a little sore. You didn’t get any milk there, but not because you didn’t try.”

The morning they’d been cuddled up to Veronica’s full breasts flashed suddenly to mind. Melody squirmed and curled in on themself, blushing profusely.

“Hmm? What’s going on?” Rosa asked, stroking Melody’s back. “You weren’t this shy about it even afterwards. Talk to me, remember?”

“Veronica um – has that going on.” Melody said in a hushed voice. “She feeds Briana. Not in a sexy way. You just um, reminded me.”

“Oh? You didn’t…”

“No! I don’t want things to be sexy with her. Only with you.”

“Oh, so it’s not sexy for Briana but it would be for you?” Rosa said, a teasing tone creeping into her voice.

“Rosa don’t.” Melody whined.

“It sounds intense. I’m not sure that’s something I could do.” Rosa said. “Maybe when I get my morning coffee, I can put some cream up on there and you can suck it off.”

“Rosa!” Melody wiggled, wrapping their legs around one of Rosa’s. It took a lot of willpower to not grind against their girlfriend.

“This really does something for you.” Rosa said, curiously. “It’s – kind of scary to think about.”

“We don’t have to…”

Rosa cut Melody off, rolling on top of them to pin them to the bed. “Scary because I might like it too much. It sounds like a super powerful experience.”

Melody swallowed hard. They flexed their hips greedily against their girlfriend’s – their mommy’s leg.

“No, not again. We have other things we have to take care of, Niñe.” Rosa said.

To Melody’s massive disappointment, Rosa sat up and pulled Melody into her lap. Bereft of anything to rub against, all they could do is squirm against Rosa’s warm body as much as the arms around them would allow.

“Your phone has been blowing up all morning. I’ve seen a lot of notifications pop up on the lock screen from Veronica. I’m sure she’s worried about you.”

Melody sighed. “Yeah, I should…”

“Wait hon, there’s more. She’s not the only one messaging you. You’re getting constant texts from Beatrix. Scary, unhinged ones. I – don’t think you should read them. The previews that popped up on the lock screen were nasty. Violent.”

“Mommy.” Melody forced themself around to face Rosa, pressing their face into her shoulder.

“I could call the police but they aren’t going to do anything over some texts. Especially between queer folk.” Rosa said. “I don’t know what kind of mojo Veronica has, but it’s more than what I have. We need her help.”

Melody nodded. “You’re right. I – I’m sorry for all of this. If I’d just listened to Veronica, or you, or…”

“Hush, Niñe.” Rosa said. “You call her Mom, right? Mom and Mommy will fix it.”

“Is that okay? We didn’t really talk about that. I know saying Mommy was special for us. I could just call her Veronica or something.”

“I think they’re different enough. You could also call me Mama.” Rosa said, pronouncing it Mah-mah.

“Oh. Like in Spanish.”

“That’s right.” Rosa said, stroking Melody’s hair. “Now, it’s time to go face your family.”

“Our family.” Melody said suddenly, fiercely.

“Our – are you…?”

“No I – I’m not proposing. Sorry! I – you’re important to me. You’re special. I don’t want to talk like Briana and Veronica and Jane are permanent and you aren’t. You’re part of the family.” Melody looked up at Rosa determinedly. “If I have to say stuff that I don’t want, then I get to pick things that I want too. You’re family.”

“How do you do this to me?” Rosa asked, smiling through the tears pouring down her cheeks. Before Melody could answer, Rosa leaned in for a kiss. It was a long, tender embrace full of happy giggles and overwhelmed sobs.

“Okay.” Rosa sighed, holding Melody close. “Now that you’ve completely wrecked me emotionally, it’s your turn. Let’s go talk to your mom.”

“Yes Mama.” Melody said, testing the word out on their tongue. The tight, needy hug they got from Rosa was a big point in the new name’s favor. Mommy would have to stay in the rotation too, though.

----

Despite Melody having plenty of diapers at home, Rosa insisted on packing a diaper bag. Hopefully she wasn’t feeling intimidated by Veronica. Not that anybody ever felt anything but intimidated by Mom-Goth. Melody happily endured the fuss Rosa made.

Pulling into the driveway was the first time the anxiety really hit. They’d been awful to Veronica the last time they’d talked. Even now they hadn’t communicated beyond a quick text letting Mom know that they were coming home. Melody braced themself for more emotional havoc, and opened the front door.

What waited on the other side was so much scarier than they could have anticipated. Veronica was standing in the middle of the living room. The furniture had been re-arranged to make as big a clear space as possible. She was flanked by Jane and Briana. Behind Briana was Gary. Along one wall was Casey, Suzie, and even Erin. The other side had Tamira and Arthur holding hands.

“Oh shit babe, this is an intervention if I’ve ever seen one.” Rosa said.

Focusing on the odd part of that statement was way easier than facing the wall of concerned people.

Melody asked, “Wait, when did you go to an intervention?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

“Was it for you or for someone else?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Rosa said, smirking. Melody swore they’d just seen their girlfriend do the anime cat-smile.

“Please come in and close the door, Melody.” Veronica said. “We need to talk to you.”

“I know.” Melody said, shutting the door and shuffling into the middle of the room. They were trembling all the way up their body. Rosa’s firm grip on their hand was a lifeline.

“This is serious, what happened yesterday…”

“I mean I really know.” Melody said, cutting Veronica off. “I’m sorry Mom. I screwed up. You were right. Rosa was right. I – it was bad with Beatrix. Really bad. I need help. I need you to help me, please.”

Veronica blinked. Her mouth twisted in something between a satisfied smile and a frown. Melody felt a little bad for lecture-blocking their mom, but wasn’t sure they could have endured the lecture. Especially when they’d already felt the lesson.

“That’s – good. I’m glad to hear it. As long as you’re really being honest with us this time.” Veronica managed, after a long pause.

“I am.” Melody said. “I want to apologize to everybody here. I’m sorry. I caused a lot of trouble. I’m glad you still care about me. Rosa and I – she’s my mommy – different from you, Veronica.”

Melody twisted her legs on the balls of her feet. The babble was getting out of control. “She’s going to help me be more honest. I’m trying and, please tell me if I screw up.”

“Wow!” Briana said. “Sib, that was amazing!”

Melody looked up just in time to prepare for the Briana cannon-ball that smashed into them and held tight.

“I’m so proud of you! That was super brave!” Briana said.

“I agree.” Jane said. “You have done well, Melody.”

“Congratulations Melody, you have managed to be more frustrating than Briana.” Veronica laughed and stepped up to join the hug. Rosa piled on, shortly joined by Jane. Melody held on to whoever they could touch, silent tears pouring into Veronica’s trademark black dress.

“Mom, that’s wasn’t nice!” Briana protested.

“We can revisit Thanksgiving if you want, little lady.” Veronica said. “Everyone you caused trouble for is here right now.”

“This is about Melody today.” Briana said quickly.

“That’s what I thought.” Veronica said, to a general chuckle around the room.

“Well that was a pretty anticlimactic intervention.” Suzie said.

Veronica broke the hug up gently, stroking Melody’s hair. “Those are the best kind, I assure you.”

“Yes, the ones with the screaming and crying are much more frustrating.” Jane said sagely.

“You’ve been to an intervention? When?” Veronica asked, furrowing her brows.

“I’ll tell you another time.” Jane said placidly.

“Was it for you or someone else?” Veronica persisted.

“Another time, love.” Jane said, with finality.

Melody did a quick “eye see you” gesture to her fingers to Veronica. Their mom laughed, shaking her head.

“In that case, please have a seat, everyone. We have coffee, tea, Christmas cookies, and a cheese plate for the solutions phase.” Veronica said.

“And hot chocolate!” Briana interjected. “You said there’d be hot chocolate, Mom!”

“How could I forget?” Veronica smirked. “Gary, do you mind helping Briana with the chocolate?”

“I’m on it.” Gary said.

He took a quick step forward and squeezed Melody’s shoulder. “We’re with you.” He said, softly. Then he was gone, leading a bouncy Briana to the kitchen.

Melody would have been happy to help, but instead they found themself on the biggest couch, tightly packed between Rosa and Veronica, with Jane on Veronica’s end. Erin brought food out of the kitchen, while Tamira had Arthur taking drink orders.

“What do you need, Little One?” Veronica asked gently.

“Mom I need help.” Melody said. They took their phone out of their pocket, unlocked it with shaking hands. “I can’t – there’s messages from Beatrix. Scary ones. I haven’t looked at them. Can you…?”

“Of course, sweetie.” Veronica took the phone and began scrolling through texts.

The tension in their mom was instant. Soft gasps or even snarls accompanied Veronica’s scrolling. In short order she’d handed the phone to Jane.

“Jane – I hate to ask but – I can’t read any more of this while I’m comforting Melody.”

“Of course.” Jane said, taking the phone. Her eyes were grim as she scanned the screen. “This is ugly. I will copy the criminally actionable messages to a file.”

“Melody, my poor, brave baby. I’m so sorry this is happening to you.” Veronica said, wrapping her arms around Melody.

“It’s going to be okay, Niñe.” Rosa said. “We’ve got you. Veronica, thank you. I can’t fix this on my own.”

“I can fix it.” Veronica said, her voice suddenly stern and terrible. “Not in one day. This warrants – a thorough response. I’m going to promise you both something right now. Beatrix will not hurt either of you, any more.”

“Thank you Mom!” Melody said, trying to snuggle Veronica and Rosa both at once. They ended up settling for leaning their shoulders against Veronica, and pressing their hips against Rosa.

“Thank you Veronica.” Rosa said. There was a worrying amount of relief in her voice. She’d really been scared by what she saw in those messages.

“Uh – mom says I have to ask you about drinks even though it seems like I’m interrupting.” Arthur said, awkwardly.

“You’re not interrupting at all dear.” Veronica said. “I’ll have coffee. No sugar, one drop of cream.”

“I’ll take tea. Thanks Arthur.” Rosa said.

“Cocoa please.” Melody said softly. Arthur grinned at them. Melody managed a small grin back.

“I am – going to get something stronger.” Jane said, rising from the couch with Melody’s phone. “Melody, may I copy this entire text history from Beatrix and then erase it from your phone?”

“Is it that bad?” Melody asked, shivering.

“She threatens your life several times, Little One.” Jane said softly. “In graphic detail.”

Melody whimpered and grabbed their mom and mommy tightly. “I don’t want to read that. Make it go away, please.”

Jane nodded, and made her way to the liquor cabinet.

“Rosa, would you like to stay in Melody’s room a few days?” Veronica asked. “I can send Gary and Casey with you to pick up some things from your apartment.”

“That would be really good.” Rosa said. “Thank you.”

“Of course, I…”

“Mom.” Melody said, tugging insistently at Veronica’s dress. “Mom, listen. Rosa is part of the family, okay? I – I need it. Please.”

“Oh my goodness.” Veronica said, planting a kiss on Melody’s head. “Rosa, did you teach them that?”

“Kind of.” Rosa said. “It’s our foundational rule. They have to tell me when they need something, or when something is a problem.”

“That is an excellent rule.” Veronica said. “In that case, you are welcome to stay here for as long as you need to, or would like.”

“Oh, that’s not necessary. Once Beatrix is dealt with…”

“I don’t take family lightly.” Veronica said firmly. “Melody is family. If they say you’re in, then you’re in. There’s no halfway.”

“Thanks.” Rosa said, squeezing Melody again. “I’m still not deciding long term right now, but thanks.”

“We have some time. As much as I’d like to spend every minute solving our Beatrix problem, the world doesn’t work that way.” Veronica said. “Would you like to compare notes on taking care of our little troublemaker over the next few days?”

“That sounds pretty cool.” Rosa said, hesitantly. “I don’t want to mess up your dynamic though.”

“Nor I yours.” Veronica said, releasing Melody to take a cup of coffee from Arthur. “It’ll be good to see how you are together.”

“Okay, yeah.” Rosa grinned. “Melody is going to be so mommy’d-up that they won’t know what to do.”

“Mom! Mama!” Melody protested.

“The joke is that it doesn’t matter if you know what to do, because we’re going to make all your decisions.” Rosa said, letting Melody go so that they could get their hot chocolate.

Obviously that was the joke! Being treated like a dumb baby left them without a way to respond. Melody took refuge in their hot chocolate. Light chatter spread around the room as people dug into the snacks and came down from their emotional tension.

Melody found themself on the floor in front of their Mom and Mommy, cuddled up against Briana. Their sister had an absurd amount of whipped cream on their hot chocolate. Not content with that, she’d studded the whipped cream pile with mini-marshmallows.

“You really hurt my feelings and scared me.” Briana said softly.

“I’m sorry, sis.” Melody said, leaning against Briana.

“I forgive you. I’m really glad you’re safe.” Briana tilted her head up to plant a creamy kiss on Melody’s cheek.

“You are such a gremlin.” Melody said, wiping their cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Briana said, happily. “I know how to be big now. I’m going to help take care of you too, while Mom is fixing this.”

“I’d like that.” Melody said with a happy sigh.

“We’re getting our Christmas tree tomorrow!” Briana gushed. “Oh, and do you have presents you still need to buy?"

"Yeah uh, I haven’t really bought any.”

“Sib!” Briana scolded. “You’re lucky this hot chocolate is so yummy. Otherwise I’d go Big and spank you.”

“You can’t spank me even when you’re big.” Melody retorted.

“That’s what you think. I’m a Rasmussen woman.” Briana said. “We’re fierce.”

“You are a ridiculous dumbass, is what you are.” Melody giggled. “Can we play?”

“Yeah! What do you want to play?” Briana asked. She took a big gulp of her cocoa, spreading whipped cream across the whole bridge of her nose.

“Cloudland.” Melody said. “I wanna be strong – but safe.”

“Okay! We won’t go questing, we can just say in the castle. Alanna can tell us about the big quest she just went on.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, it was a crazy one, with scary monsters and a bunch of stuffies from other houses.”

“Sounds wild.” Melody said, grinning.

“Before you two wander off…” Rosa said, leaning down. Melody squeaked in embarrassment as Rosa pulled the waistband of their track pants and diaper open. The squeak only served to put all eyes on them. Melody hid behind their cocoa cup.

“You need a change.” Rosa said.

“You can use the changing table in the drawing room if you like.” Veronica said.

Veronica took the opportunity to check Briana as well. Melody’s sister took it without complaint. Stupid super-baby sister.

“Thanks. Does Briana need it too?” Rosa asked.

“She does, I can take care of her.”

“No worries, we’re family right?” Rosa said, with a question in her tone. “I’ll get them both.”

“You’re absolutely right.” Veronica said. “Thank you Rosa. I have a feeling you and my mother will get along famously, when she gets here.”

“Your mom?” Rosa smiled nervously. She hopped to her feet and took a hand each from Melody and Briana, pulling them up. “Right! Anyway I’ll take care of these two.”

“Arthur, do you want to play with us after we get changed?” Briana asked.

Melody cringed. Great, everybody was talking about it super loud. Suzie was giggling at Melody and their sister. Melody hid their face in Mommy’s shoulder.

“Yeah – okay.” Arthur said bashfully.

Thank goodness that at least one of the Littles was shy too. Melody followed Rosa to the drawing room. A huge weight that they hadn’t even realized they’d been carrying was gone. They had no idea what Veronica was planning, but they trusted her to keep her promises.

It’s not over, but I’m safe. Melody thought. I’m safe with my family

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I still thinks Veronica gets punished by Jane. I also thinks that her mom actually spanked her during her visit. 

Also Mel totally needs to try messy diapers. They’re so awesome. Probably one of my biggest turn ons because of the feel and humiliation. Buuut that’s just me. 

• Like 1

So much reactions to everything going on and I'm supes tired but like all I can say to some it up is...

the-grinch-im-feeling.gif

• Like 1

Hey let's go get a Christmas tree! OMG guys, that means Christmas is near!
Briana has a bit of an issue with losing some Santa points in this one... but I'm sure it'll work out fine.

-----

Briana had been watching the clock for over forty minutes. It was now precisely 7am, which was the time that Mom had said they could start getting ready to get the tree. Therefore, it was time for Melody to get up.

She snuck past Mom while Veronica was getting some coffee (not that mom had said not to wake Melody!), and into Melody’s room. Her sibling was all cuddled up to their girlfriend. They were both so cute, Rosa protectively holding Melody, and Mel in a super soft looking blue onesie.

Briana pounced! Melody groaned and flailed. Rosa gave a little shout. You had to expect a little chaos after a Tigger-pounce though.

“Melody, wake up!” Briana said, her excitement bubbling out of her. “It’s time to get ready to get the tree!”

“Dude, ow.” Melody whined. “I thought Mom told you not to jump on me anymore.”

“Tiggers don’t jump, they bounce!” Briana giggled. “Though this was more of a pounce – ack!”

Rosa had grabbed Briana’s pajamas, where the hood was sewn into the neck. Surprisingly powerful for someone not Casey or Gary-sized, she yanked Briana off them by the scruff of her neck! Who was Rosa anyway, to treat a Knight of Cloudland and a Rasmussen like an unruly kitten?

“Hey, let go!” Briana tried to struggle, only to be very effectively pinned. Having her arms held above her head and Rosa’s leg pinning her own threw Rosa’s naked state into high relief. Maaaaybe she should have given them slightly more privacy. (Santa points -1)

“What the hell Briana?” Rosa said.

She didn’t sound amused at all. Briana began to worry that she’d really upset Rosa. (Santa points -1)

“It’s a thing she does.” Melody said, yawning and snuggling up to Rosa. “Let her go. She’ll be good now.”

“Will she?” Rosa asked, skeptically.

“Yeah, or I’m telling Mom that she jumped on me again.”

Briana squeaked in concern. Now that Melody mentioned it, there might have been something Mom said about not leaping on people in bed. Rosa seemed to take the squeak as confirmation, because she released Briana and rolled over to hold Melody again. That was very selfish of Rosa. Didn’t she know she was warm? Briana burrowed into the covers and cuddled up against Rosa.

“So this is what living here would be like, huh?” Rosa asked.

“Oh my gosh, are you going to move in! That would be perfect, plus Gary and Casey are going to help you move your stuff today, so you could just move everything! Gary has a truck!” Briana felt herself vibrating with excitement. The family was getting even bigger!

“I was asking Melody.” Rosa said, though she laughed. “No, kiddo. I’m not moving in. Melody hasn’t asked me to, even if I wanted to.”

“Only because I didn’t want to seem clingy.” Melody said, their voice muffled a bit by Rosa’s chest.

“Please Rosa?” Briana gave Rosa her snuggliest, most welcoming nuzzle. “Melody needs their mommy here, and I really like you, and there’d be even more family, and you’d have so much fun with us!”

“Slow down Briana.” Rosa said with a yawn. “I’m going to need coffee for this. Can you give us some space? I need to change my baby and get them ready for the day.”

“Okay, yeah! But hurry please! Gary will be here soon, and Melody and I need to get our tree!”

Briana crawled over Rosa and Melody. She’d tried to minimize how much knee and elbow was involved in that process, but she got a few grumpy protests anyway. They’d be fine after breakfast. With a grin and a wave, she scurried to the door – and almost collided with Veronica.

“I was wondering why I had such a noisy little girl this morning and why I was hearing that noise from Melody’s room.” Veronica said. “Did you jump on Melody and Rosa?”

“Uh – no Mom. It was a Tigger-bounce.” Briana smiled as cutely as she could.

“Briana, I like you, but I have a bruise on my butt.” Rosa said from the bed. (still grumpy?!)

“Good news baby bee.” Veronica said. “You’re about to have something in common with Rosa.”

“Wait, Mommy no! I was just getting them ready for getting the tree! You said we could start getting ready now!”

“You’re very selective in what you hear me say.” Veronica said. “Hopefully a spanking will re-focus those ears to take in everything, not just the things you like.”

Briana whined, but Mom had a grip on her upper arm. It was over. Her butt was toast.

“I’m sorry you got woken up that way, you two.” Veronica said. “I’m positive it won’t happen again.”

“Oh man Bri. You’re going to get your butt wailed on.” Melody said. They sounded sympathetic at least.

“Thanks Veronica. It’s all part of the experience. We’re fine.” Rosa yawned. “We’ll be up in a few.”

“Take your time.” Veronica said. “Breakfast will be ready when you are.”

Briana was dragged to the living room. Not that she was resisting, but Mom was walking fast and her legs were way longer. She was afraid that Melody was right, this was going to be a big one.

“This is an ongoing problem with you, Briana.” Veronica said, pulling Briana over to the living room couch. “When you get excited about something, you stop thinking about other people. It’s fine to be excited, but not to give people bruises or intrude on their private space.”

“I’m sorry Mom.” Briana whimpered. She gazed up at Mom as contritely as she could. There was obviously no way out of a spanking, but she had to save the trip to get the tree at all costs. “Are you going to spank me right here?”

“Yes.” Veronica said. “But first you’re going to go up to my room and get my hairbrush. The lacquered wood one.”

Real fear trickled into Briana’s belly. “No, mommy please, not the hairbrush.” Pulling out all the stops, she got down on her knees to beg. “Please momma, I’ll be such a good girl. I’ll be the best girl ever, all day, I promise.”

“I’m still waiting for my hairbrush.” Veronica said, her mouth set in a hard line.

It was worse than she thought! Mom was actually upset with her. (Santa points -2) As fast as she could force herself to go, Briana stumped up the stairs. The hairbrush was in it’s usual spot on Mom’s dresser. She picked it up, making eye-contact with Dad.

“Do you need your hair brushed – oh, I see from your expression that’s not to be used on your hair today.” Jane said.

“Daddy.” Briana whimpered. “Mom is gonna give me a super big spanking.”

“Hmm, she doesn’t usually do that without a reason. Does she have a reason?”

“I sort of jumped on Rosa and Melody this morning.” Briana said. “But I was just really excited to go get our tree!”

“Then you better go get your spanking. You know better than to do that.” Dad said. “But when we get the tree, I’ll get you some chocolate.”

Briana smiled and gave Dad a quick hug. “Thanks Daddy!”

“Don’t forget your chore.” Jane said. “I still need Melody’s ring size. We don’t have a lot of time left.”

“Oh! Okay Daddy, I’ll get it today, promise!” Briana saluted and scampered out of the room.

“You’re pretty eager to get your spanking.” Veronica said with a raised brow when Briana came rushing down the stairs.

“I know I made a mistake.” Briana said, handing Veronica the hairbrush. “I’ll try to be a better girl when I’m excited. I’m really sorry, and I love you, I want to be a good girl, I promise. I’m trying really hard Mommy, and I told Daddy what I did wrong too.”

Anticipatory fear of the spanking, plus remembering scary stuff from the last few days helped Briana squeeze out a couple of tears. She looked up at Veronica with her best contrite expression.

“A virtuoso performance.” Veronica said, dashing Briana’s hopes. “You are very good at that, but it doesn’t work on me anymore. Bend over my knee right now, young lady.”

“I’m sorry Mommy, I really am!” Briana whimpered as she laid herself over Veronica’s lap.

“You’re often sorry about these things.” Veronica said, pulling open the butt flap on Briana’s pajamas and yanking her diaper down. “I don’t notice much behavior change until you get a spanking, though.”

That was really unfair! Using her past behavior against her? Who even remembered stuff from a while ago? Briana braced herself as best she could.

The sting from the hairbrush was breathtaking. Loss of control was instant, Briana screamed. She was crying on the second stroke, snotty on the third. Her butt was on fire, but every stroke still came through in all it’s bright agony. Ten whole smacks from the hairbrush reduced Briana to a blubbering mess that could only apologize over and over.

Mommy was stroking her hair. Bit by bit, Briana managed to calm down. Her butt still stung enough that she couldn’t help but twitch her cheeks every minute or two. A creak followed by a gust of cold air heralded the front door opening.

“Wow, that’s a view.” Gary said.

Briana blushed and squirmed. Her red butt and whole business was pointed right at the door. Unfortunately, Mom’s response to her squirms was to hold her down.

“Good morning Gary.” Veronica said. “Just doing a little course correction on the baby.”

“I’m not a baby.” Briana whined. “I’m potty-training. I have a big sibling.”

“If you can’t remember things your mother said from just a few days ago, then you’re a very little baby.” Veronica said. “What do you think, Gary?”

Gary had crouched down and was petting her head. Briana nuzzled her snotty nose against him desperately.

“She seems pretty little. Maybe she needs an extra thick diaper and a day in her crib.” Gary said.

Betrayal!

“Gary!” Briana whined. “You’re not helping! I hafta go get a tree today!”

“I’m sure you will, but I don’t think you’re going to do it as a big girl.” Gary said.

“I tend to agree. Will you be alright going out as a Little Girl today, Briana?” Veronica asked.

“If I’m not dressed too little it’ll be okay.” Briana said, with a couple of final sniffles for extra sympathy.

“Do you want to get her dressed?” Veronica asked Gary. “She has a snowsuit she can wear over anything you put her in. Rosa won’t be ready for a half hour or so, she’s getting Melody ready.”

“Yeah, I was hoping I’d get a chance.” Gary said.

Mere seconds separated Briana being released by Mom and her being whirled into the air by Gary.

“It’s really okay if I’m Little on the tree shopping trip?” Briana asked.

“It’s a Christmas thing. You should get to enjoy it Little-style.” Gary said.

“I’m looking forward to it.” Veronica said.

Up in her room, Briana insisted on lots of lotion on her stinging bum, as well as medicinal kisses. Gary put her in one of his favorite outfits, a rabbit-print onesie and fuzzy tights. With the snowsuit on, nobody would know she was a stealth baby!

“I can’t wait to give you your Christmas present.” Briana said, giggling as Gary put her shoes on. “You might hafta open it in private though.”

“Oh?” Gary asked, looking up curiously and hornily.

Briana’s giggles redoubled. “You’ll see.”

“Well you better not be wearing makeup when you open mine, because it’s going to make you cry.” Gary said with a  smirk.

“Gary! Unfair. Penalty flag on the field.”

“Flag on the play, baby girl.”

“But they throw the flag on the ground.”

“How are you less sporty than your programmer sibling?”

“How are you even sporty! You’re a nerd!”

“A nerd with guns.” Gary said, flexing.

“That is a stupid reply.” Briana said, stroking Gary’s magnificent biceps. “I’m only allowing it because of how sexy you are.”

“Don’t start.” Gary said, scooping Briana up. “I have to help Rosa and you have to go tree shopping.”

“You can just bring all her stuff over if you want.” Briana said. “You brought your truck right? She can totally move in if she wants.”

“I think maybe I’ll let Rosa make that decision.” Gary laughed and headed downstairs, carrying Briana against his chest with her head on his shoulder.

“Melody and Rosa are dumb about this stuff, we have to help them.”

“Uh huh. Didn’t your help just get you a big spanking?”

“Yes and now I’m a very good girl who should get treats for how good she is.”

“I don’t think it works that way.” Gary gave Briana a gentle squeeze and a long soft kiss before setting her on the couch.

“I’ll miss you.” Briana said. “I wish you could come tree shopping. You will be here on Christmas, right?”

“I promise, love.” Gary said. He turned to Rosa, who was similarly fussing over Melody. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah, thanks for doing this.” Rosa said, taking a deep breath. “Listen, if Beatrix is there, you don’t have to do anything big. Just kind of – block. I’ll call the cops if I have to.”

“If Beatrix is there, I hope you’ll tell the cops that I had a really good reason for laying her out.” Gary said grimly.

“Do not get me started on that vigilante stuff.” Rosa said. “I’m a hair away from it right now.”

“Yo, we ready?” Casey asked, bounding into the room.

“Casey, you are like three times as much of a jock as you used to be since you started dating Maryam.” Briana accused.

“That’s because she converted me to her religion.” Casey said. “I was always about the gym, but now it’s the Iron Church.”

“Nice gains, for real.” Gary said.

Casey fist bumped Gary. FIST BUMPED. That nonsense needed to stop immediately. Briana hopped up and started herding her ridiculous boyfriend and roommate out the door.

“Out! This is a nerd house. We have a theatre kid in here for the goddess’s sake!”

“Goddess?” Gary asked.

“Look who else is picking stuff up from someone else.” Casey said. “You’re gonna be a wicca like your mom?”

“Maybe!” Briana said, belatedly realizing she had no idea what Mom meant when she said that. “Go! Get! Help Rosa!”

“Looking forward to staying a few days with you, you little loca.” Rosa said, chuckling. “Melody, you play nice with your sister while I’m gone.”

“I will. Be safe.” Melody said nervously.

“She’ll be fine. Look at the huge himbo and herbo she has with her.” Briana said, rushing to give her sibling a hug. “Melody you need to focus. We have to pick the bestest tree!”

Melody managed a smile as they waved to Rosa and her bodyguards. “You’re really excited huh?”

“I haven’t had a Christmas tree in ages!” Briana said.

“Yeah, me either.” Melody rubbed their short hair. “After I was about six or so, my bio-Mom said no more trees. They were satanic, she said.”

“Oh Sib!” Briana squeezed Melody until they yelped. “Now we have to get a TRIPLE awesome tree!”

“Just don’t get so wound up that no tree could possibly be the right one.” Melody said. “We have to find one that we like.”

“You’re right.” Briana said, snuggling up to Melody. “That’s why you’re the big sibling.”

It was the perfect amount of cuteness and it got Briana a crushing hug from her sibling. She sighed, trembling with happiness.

Briana was bouncing so much on the ride to the tree farm, that Jane threatened her with a car seat. She didn’t care. Everything was coming together for a magical day. She collected her scalding-hot cup of apple cider while Jane borrowed a saw and followed her family out into the mud-churned snow between the trees.

The ones near the tree farm office were terrible, all the good ones had been cut already. They ranged further ahead, even splitting up a bit to cover more ground. Jane and Melody were on their own, hand in hand. It was a good time for a talk with Mom.

“Mom. Are you Wiccan?” Briana asked.

Veronica came to a stop and faced Briana. Her face was very serious.

“Why are you asking?”

“I want to be like you. I said that thing you say about the goddess and Casey asked me if I was wiccan like you.”

Veronica sighed. “Briana, please listen carefully. My beliefs are very personal. Spirituality is very serious for me. I don’t believe that children should take on their parents spirituality unless it’s something they really believe in.”

“But how do I know if I believe in it if I don’t know what it is?” Briana asked.

“I could let you join me at an Esbat.” Veronica said. “You could see if it’s something that interests you. If so, we could move on from there.”

“Wait, I know that word.” Briana said. “That’s a coven meeting. Mommy, are you a witch?!”

Veronica chuckled and rubbed her nose. “This conversation is my punishment for the religious conversation I had with Mom.”

“What do you mean? Doesn’t Grandma have the same religion?”

“Your grandmother is a Satanist.” Veronica said. Briana’s jaw dropped. “Her beliefs are complicated and I won’t be trying to explain them.”

“But isn’t that…”

“Do not say evil.” Veronica said. “If you want to find out what your grandma believes, you need to ask her.”

“Okay but, can you answer my question? Are you a witch? Mommy, I just want to get to know you. I didn’t get to grow up with you.”

“Oh baby bee.” Veronica leaned down and gave Briana a gentle hug. “Yes, I consider myself to be a witch. It’s a proud tradition for Rasmussen women. Magna Grandma was a prominent witch.”

“You didn’t tell me that when you told me her story!” Briana protested.

“There is so much story about Magna Grandma, it can’t all be told at once.”

“Are you going to put a spell on Beatrix? Is that how you’re going to get rid of her?”

The swat on Briana’s rear came out of nowhere. She looked at Veronica, more surprised than shocked. It hadn’t really hurt, though it had made her already reddened butt tingle a bit.

“That is NOT to joke about. I don’t practice fell magic.” Veronica said. “Not that I need to. Beatrix will get her behavior returned to her threefold, and it’ll destroy her. I’m just going to accelerate the process a little.”

“Okay, I’m sorry! I don’t know this stuff.” Briana said.

“I’m very private about it.” Veronica said. “I wish Casey hadn’t said anything, but I guess it’s good she did, if you were talking about the Goddess. There hasn’t been time to tell you everything about me yet, sweetie. I don’t know everything about you yet either.”

“I just love you so much mama.” Briana said, snuggling close. “I want to be your baby girl totally and in every way.”

“You are.” Veronica squeezed Briana tightly. “We’ll get there. Now, go find me a good tree. I trust you to pick a perfect one.”

With a grin, Briana scampered forward. The first three trees she picked out were perfect! Well except for the part where they wouldn’t physically fit in the house. Adjusting her expectations down from massive twenty foot pines, Briana wove through the trees, scouting them carefully on all sides.

“I found it! I found it Mom!” Briana said, bouncing on the frozen mud.

When Veronica finally caught up to her, Briana could tell she was impressed. The tree was super round, without any holes in the branches or spots of disease. It was JUST tall enough to reach the ceiling without being too big.

Veronica inspected the tree carefully, but she couldn’t find a single fault. When she texted Jane to come find them, Briana cheered in victory.

“This is a good tree, Bumblebri.” Jane said, nodding.

“I like the one I found.” Melody said, kicking at the mud.

“It can’t be better than this one.” Briana said.

“Melody’s is a little shorter.” Jane replied.

“Fine, we’ll get this one.” Melody said. “But only because the little baby wants it.”

“Nuh uh! I found the best tree!” Briana giggled, throwing a pinecone at Melody.

Melody rushed her. The two of them wrestled back and forth, giggling, until Jane and Veronica pulled them apart.

“That’s enough, you two.” Jane said. “I’ll get started cutting. Ronnie, do you want to go back and let them know it’s a twelve foot noble fir?”

“I get to get out of the carrying?” Veronica smiled and kissed Jane on the cheek. “Happily, my love.”

“Kinder, I want you on each side of the tree. Hold on to a big branch so it doesn’t fall before we want it to.” Heedless of the frozen, muddy ground, Jane lay down and slid under the tree with the saw.

It was scary holding onto the big tree, but Briana managed it. She helped carry the top end alongside Melody, even though it was super far back to the car. (Santa points +1) There was a second cup of hot cider waiting for her, giving her a warm tummy to go with her warm diaper on the way home. Dad remembered her chocolate too, stopping at a coffee shop on the way home and getting both kids a cookie.

Ignoring her soggy butt in favor of decorating, Briana was a frenzy of decoration. She couldn’t reach high to put on the lights, but she was a good helper keeping the string untangled for Jane. There were so many cool ornaments to put on the tree. She and Melody were sweeping up needles while Jane watered the tree, when Veronica approached them with a pair of wrapped boxes.

“Mom, what’s this?” Briana asked, taking the fist-sized (regular person fist, not Briana fist!) box in her hands.

“Open them.” Veronica said, smiling. Jane came over to watch, putting her arm around Veronica’s waist.

Carefully (just kidding) – with reckless abandon, Briana shredded the wrapping paper. Inside was a pretty white box with a red snowflake on it. Within the box was a globe ornament. The ornament was soft white and gold, with two inscriptions on it. One side read, ‘Baby’s First Christmas’. The other said, ‘Briana Tess Rasmussen’ with the current year following.

Tears blurred the ornament out of Briana’s sight. She turned to her sibling, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. Melody was holding an almost identical ornament, in red and gold. They were crying too.

“Mommy! Daddy!” Briana said, throwing herself against them.

Melody bumped up on her side. “Mom, Dad.” They whispered huskily.

“Happy Christmas.” Jane said. “Joyous Yule.” Veronica said.

“I hafta find the perfect place to put it.” Briana said. She grabbed Melody’s arm. “Can we put ours together? Please?”

“Yeah, I’d like that.” Melody said, shyly.

Hand in hand, they approached the tree. There was a spot with a bit of a hole in its ornament coverage. Briana remembered chastising Mom about that. Clever mommy. The two of them put their ornaments on neighboring branches and fell into a tight hug.

It wasn’t even Christmas yet, but the magic was already here.

They’d been snuggled tight together on the couch for only a few minutes when Rosa and her himbo/herbo escort returned. Gary and Casey were apparently in a contest for who could carry more stuff, leaving Rosa’s hands free.

“Welcome back.” Veronica said. “We thought you’d get back before we were done. Was everything alright?”

“Beatrix made a visit to my apartment yesterday. I had to explain some stuff to my roommates. Nobody’s hurt, but they’re not happy about the drama that came down on them. I brought a few extra things. I promised my roommates that I’d stay here until the Beatrix thing is done, if that’s still okay.”

“It is more than okay, you are welcome here.” Jane said. Veronica nodded.

“Yay! For the part where you’re staying here!” Briana said, hopping up. “Rosa, I know you just got back, but can I borrow Melody? They need to go Christmas shopping!”

“What, I don’t get to come with?” Rosa asked.

“Not if they’re going to get you a present!”

“Then how is Melody going to get you a present?”

“Yours is more important.” Briana said. Rosa looked a little surprised at that. Briana was a bit surprised at herself too. The thing was, Melody and Rosa had just gotten back together. They needed a super good Christmas present, and that was more important than Briana’s present.

“Isn’t somebody going to have to go with you two?” Gary asked.

“You can come if you want, but I’m going to be big for this.” Briana said. “Tell him Mom, I was a super big girl the day you had to visit Grandma.”

“It’s true, she managed very well.” Veronica said.

“Does that mean school is a go?” Gary asked.

“I registered for classes and everything!” Briana said, grinning.

“That’s great news!” Gary picked her up and twirled her around. Briana grinned and showered his face with kisses.

“Okay, I’m going to get big. Rosa, can you get Melody ready?” Briana asked, twirling to a stop when Gary put her down.

“Isn’t anyone going to ask me?” Melody asked, frowning.

“Nope!” Briana said. “You’re little right now. I asked your mommy instead.”

Rosa chuckled and gave Melody a squeeze. “This is worth it just to see you get all flustered, Little One. Go ahead Briana, I’ll get them ready.”

Upstairs, a quick Shazam!, and Briana was ready to be big. There wouldn’t be any goth-armor today. She was going to be one hundred percent Briana, but as a big girl. A pullup was still a wise decision and she put sparkly white tights over it. Over those went some ripped jeans. A super cute pink long-sleeve blouse peeked out from under a shorter-sleeved cream colored sweater. Makeup and hair done, Big Briana was a go!

Melody’s car was still somewhere else, so they took the bus. Gary had stuff of his own to do. Silly boy. It was good in a way, though. Briana was feeling the need for some quality sibling time.

“This is weird.” Melody said, when Briana took their hand as they exited the bus.

“Because I’m the big one?” Briana asked.

“Shh.” Melody said, squirming nervously. They were adorable in their puffy coat and sweat pants, almost as bundled up as they’d been for the sledding day.

“Nobody is going to pay attention to us, look how busy everyone is.” Briana said. “Come on Sib. You’ve got a ton of shopping to do if you don’t have any presents yet!”

“What do you mean? I only have to buy a couple.”

“You need nice presents for Mom, Dad and Rosa. You should get something small for the rest of the roommates. Tamira and Arthur are going to be over for Christmas, so it’d be nice to get them something too. Same with Gary.”

“And something for you too.” Melody said. “That’s a lot.”

“Only if we worry about it that way.” Briana said. “Come on, let’s do the little presents first. Maybe it’ll give you ideas for the other ones.”

As they shopped, Melody relaxed. The knickknack shops had all kinds of ridiculous stuff that Briana and Melody had a great time with. At one of the shops, Briana got Melody to put costume rings on all their fingers, discreetly buying the pinkie ring when her sibling was distracted by some candy. Within two hours they’d knocked out all the casual presents and had a good idea for their parents.

“You’re sure they’re going to like mugs with my picture on them?” Melody asked nervously.

“They LOVE sappy stuff. I told you what I was getting them.” Briana said. “Plus it’s not your picture. It’s a carving on a handmade mug based on a picture of you. They drink coffee and tea constantly. They’ll love it.”

“Okay but – what do you want for Christmas?” Melody asked.

“I have everything I want.” Briana said, temporarily freed of her present lust by her big state. “I have a family. I have you. A real Christmas.”

“Okay, but what do you want for a present?” Melody asked stubbornly. They were getting a little fussy. Briana steered them toward a café where they could get a snack.

“I’ll love anything you get me. I just want to spend time with you.” Briana said.

“That’s not – oh, wait, never mind. I figured it out.” Melody said.

“Oh?” Briana asked, while she handed Melody a brownie and a bottle of apple juice.

“I can’t tell you about your present, dummy.” Melody said. They chomped on the brownie with gusto.

“Don’t call your babysitter a dummy.” Briana admonished. “I’ll spank you.”

“I told you.” Melody said, talking through a mouthful of brownie. “You can’t spank me.”

“Close your mouth when you’re eating or you’ll find out how wrong you are.” Briana said, in a very good imitation of Veronica’s mommy tone. “There’s a family restroom right there.”

“I wasn’t…” Melody blushed, looked at the family restroom, and doubled down on the blush. They ate their snack quietly after that.

After taking Melody to confirm that they wanted the mugs, Briana wandered the streets with Melody’s hand firmly clasped in hers.

“Still no ideas for Rosa?” Briana asked.

“No.” Melody sighed. “It has to be perfect.”

“It just has to be from you, with love.” Briana said.

“I want a perfect one!” Melody fussed.

“You’re that cranky after a brownie?” Briana asked. “Do you need a change?”

“No!” Melody said petulantly.

Rolling her eyes, Briana put her arm around Melody. She guided them out of the flow of traffic, popped open the back of Melody’s waistband, and took a whiff.

“Hey!’ Melody said in a strangled whisper.

“You need a change.” Briana said. Patting Melody’s butt revealed that their diaper’s bulk was about to show through their baggy sweats. “You’re soaked. Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Didn’t wanna.” Melody said. “You can’t change me out here, people will see.”

“I know a place that will be private. Follow me.”

Briana tugged Melody along by the arm until they reached the Black Veil. She parked Melody by the door and motioned the owner over.

“Hi Wendy.” Briana said quietly. “I have a couple of favors to ask.”

“Anything for you sweetie.” Wendy said. “What is it?”

“I need you to check what size this ring is.” Briana said, handing Wendy the costume ring. “Also, that’s my sibling, Melody by the door there. They need a change. Can I use your back room?”

“Of course hon. You know where it is. Is the ring a secret from Melody?”

“You got it.”

“I’ll slip you a note with the size on it on your way out.” Wendy said with a grin.

“Thanks!” Briana grinned.

It took a bit of effort to get Melody to agree to go into the back, but once they did, they were happy to be in a locked, private bathroom.

“What’s this place anyway?”

“This is where Mom gets most of her clothes.” Briana said, laying a changing blanket on the floor. “She’s super good friends with the owner. I’m getting to be friends with her too.”

“Did you tell her…”

“I did.” Briana said. “She’s seen my diapers and Mom basically changed me in here. She won’t say anything and she’s super nice. Her name is Wendy.”

“I still don’t like it.” Melody huffed, crossing their arms.

“You’re just fussy because you’re wet.” Briana said, knowing the feeling well. “Get on the blanket.”

Despite their protests, Melody was pretty docile. They lay down and let Briana strip their lower half. She regretted not having a stuffie for Melody to hold while they were being changed. She had a lot to learn about being a mommy still!

“There’s still more than a week until Christmas.” Briana said. “Don’t stress. If you don’t find a present today, that’s okay. We got almost all your other shopping done.”

“Thanks for taking me.” Melody said, squirming under the wet wipes. “You’re a really good sister.”

“Aww.” Briana grinned, sliding a diaper under Melody and giving their butt a familiar pat. “You’re a great sibling. I’m so happy you moved in.”

“Me too.” Melody said softly. “I couldn’t have gotten away from Beatrix without you, and Mom, and Mommy. I’d still be – Bea wanted me to not be me anymore. It was so scary.”

“Oh sweetie.” Briana knelt by her sibling and stroked their hair. “That sounds terrible. You’re a brave kid for getting away from her.”

“I’m dumb. I should have known what she was like.”

“You’re my super smart sibling. Lots of people get trapped in relationships that hurt. You knew enough to get out.” Briana said, giving Melody’s shoulder a squeeze.

Melody hissed in pain. Briana frowned.

“You’re not cutting yourself again are you?”

“No, Beatrix bit me.” Melody said. “To uh, mark me.”

“Let me see.”

Briana helped Melody gently out of their coat and one side of their top. There was a broken circle on Melody’s shoulder, blue, black, and shading yellow.

“This is a nasty one!” Briana said. “Didn’t Rosa see this?”

“She did, but it wasn’t as bad then and I was crying pretty hard.” Melody said.

“Melody, I love you.” Briana said, holding Melody’s head in her lap. “That monster will never touch you again. Rasmussens protect their family. I won’t allow her to hurt you.”

“Thank you.” Melody whimpered.

They curled up around Briana, tears leaking down their nose and cheek. Watching her sibling cry, Briana felt her fear of Beatrix turn to rage. She’d never been a violent person, but in that moment she wanted Magna Grandma’s gun. Something old-timey with a huge bore size that would send Beatrix into another dimension.

“I think we’re done for today.” Briana said, stroking Melody’s neck. “I’m going to take you home and we can both be little together. Maybe Little Briana has some better ideas for a present for your mommy.”

“Yes please.” Melody said.

Briana got her sibling bundled back up and helped them to the shop’s front room. Wendy gave Briana the promised note with Melody’s ring size, and was caught off guard by the fierce hug Briana gave her.

“Wendy, you know your customers pretty well, right?”

“I’ve got a great memory for faces, why?”

“Has a girl named Beatrix ever come in here? Our age, blonde, pretty?”

“Hmm, I think maybe a year ago.” Wendy said. “I can’t be sure, but the name rings a bell. Kind of a harsh person?”

“That’s an understatement.” Briana said. “I know this doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but please don’t ever let her shop here again.”

Wendy frowned, searching Briana’s face. Her gaze flicked over to Melody’s tear-streaked face and her frown deepened.

“Everything matters. Your mother knows that. What we do comes back, three times three.” Wendy said. “She will never darken my store again.”

“Thank you Wendy. I owe you.”

“Then I charge you to come get a dress all on your own sometime.” Wendy said with a smile.

“Done.” Briana said, grinning. “Come on Melody, we’re going home.”

They sat cuddled together on the bus. It took an effort to stay big all the way home, which meant a sort of collapse to little when they did. That was okay though. There was a mom, a dad, AND a mommy waiting for them. Melody and Briana got all the care a Little could hope for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wonderful to see the family having a nice holiday lead up in-spite of the Beatrix stuff.

Brianna is learning how to use soft power from her mom pretty quickly as well from what I can see....

• Like 2
3 hours ago, YourFNF said:

Wonderful to see the family having a nice holiday lead up in-spite of the Beatrix stuff.

Brianna is learning how to use soft power from her mom pretty quickly as well from what I can see....

She's getting used to it fast! But so far she's using her powers for good.

8 hours ago, SolSombraYSoldados said:

Watching her sibling cry, Briana felt her fear of Beatrix turn to rage. She’d never been a violent person, but in that moment she wanted Magna Grandma’s gun. Something old-timey with a huge bore size that would send Beatrix into another dimension.

Also we learned that Briana agrees with you on an appropriate solution to the Beatrix problem. >:]

On 10/20/2022 at 8:22 PM, SolSombraYSoldados said:

lso we learned that Briana agrees with you on an appropriate solution to the Beatrix problem. >:]

Yep XD

• Like 1

Gee Melody, how come your Dad lets you have two mommies?

-----

It was so weird to be babysat by Briana. Weird that their ultra-Little sister was really good at babysitting. Melody expected Briana to was doing whatever she wanted her babysitters to do, but she’d been too responsible for it to be wish-fulfillment.

Christmas shopping was fun, but coming home from it was awkward. Rosa wanted to baby them. Veronica wanted to baby them too. They’d just gotten back together with Rosa, but they’d been away from Veronica longer. Both caregivers were trying hard to not clash with each other.

Melody didn’t want to disappoint either of them. They couldn’t pick. Not that their two caregivers were trying to make them pick. Veronica and Rosa, Mom and Mommy, were being super careful about that too.

It was Jane – Dad, who broke the tension.

“Rosa needs to arrange her things in Melody’s room. That’s where she will be staying, yes? Ronnie, you can help her with that and Melody can help you both. While you do that, you can discuss co-parenting.”

That was that. All three of them were in Melody’s room less than a minute later. Melody resolved to be a little more careful around Dad. They hadn’t thought that Jane could just lay down the law for Rosa and Veronica at the same time.

Briana tried to come along, but had been intercepted by Dad. Since their sister had been yeeted out of the situation, Melody was going to have to do the big emotional icebreaker all on their own. Thanks Obama.

“Mom, Mommy…” Melody took a deep breath, building up their courage now that they were the center of attention. “I need a hug.”

They grabbed both women and pulled gently. A little voice in Melody’s head was assuring them that they were both going to pull away. That it was going to be awful, and lonely.

That little voice got squashed even more than Melody did. Mom and Mommy were hugging them with real, needy force. They were hugging each other too. Somebody was crying. Oh, that was themself. Melody turned out to be a trendsetter. Veronica and Rosa were both crying a bit when the hug came apart.

“Thank you so much for rescuing Melody.” Veronica said. “Rosa, I think you’re just what they need. I’m so happy the two of you are back together.”

“Thanks for saving them.” Rosa said softly, wiping her eyes again. “You did what I couldn’t do. I couldn’t fix things. Not with Beatrix in the picture.”

Then the caregivers hugged! Veronica and Rosa hugged without Melody having to be in the middle, or initiate it. It felt so good, so Little, that Melody didn’t like that they were standing up anymore. They plopped down on their butt on the floor, beaming up at their Mom and Mommy.

“I think our little one is feeling very small.” Veronica said, smiling down at Melody.

“They did yesterday morning too.” Rosa said. “You know, Melody has something in common with their sister, as far as what calms them down. Though Melody gets riled up again in a different way.”

“Mama! Don’t tell her about that.” Melody protested, blushing and curling up on the floor.

“About what, exactly?” Veronica asked.

Rosa hefted her breasts and grinned. Veronica laughed.

“I think I’ll leave that for something special between the two of you then.” Veronica said. “Plus, Briana’s a little greedy. I’m not sure what it would be like to try to be feeding both of them.”

“It’s not a food thing for you anyway, is it Melody?” Rosa asked, poking Melody with her toe.

“Mama stop!” Melody whined. They were so wet in their diaper. It had nothing to do with having an accident either. Being turned on around Veronica was weird. Rosa was a super big meanie for making it so weird.

“If you need a distraction, you can start putting my clothes in your closet.” Rosa said. She leaned down to give Melody something between a diaper-pat and a swat.

Grumbling, but glad to for the change of topic, Melody got up and investigated the duffel bag that Rosa had brought over. It was stuffed with clothes. So many clothes. Nobody would need so many clothes unless they were staying a long time.

With a happy little grin on their face, Melody started hanging Rosa’s shirts up. They couldn’t say why, but the best way seemed to be to take one shirt at a time to the closet and hang it. Putting a bunch on their arm would be faster, but confusing.

“Is it alright if I open the discussion on Melody?” Veronica asked, taking a seat on the bed.

“Go ahead.” Rosa said, sitting at the other end. “I’m not sure where to start.”

“The first thing I want to ask is about their diapers. Do you have Melody wearing full time? The day before they left the house, Melody wet while they were sleeping.”

“Oh, they did that with me too. I think full time diapers is the way to go right now. Even when Melody isn’t being little.”

That was really unfair! Melody paused with one of Rosa’s tank tops in their hands. They’d made it a whole day almost without wearing any diapers at all. There hadn’t been even one accident. That’d been at Beatrix’s house though – maybe not the best place to bring up as an example to Mom and Mama. Grudgingly letting that one go, Melody hung up the tank top and retrieved another shirt.

“That brings up another good point.” Veronica said. “How often is Melody little or not little?”

“We’re still working on that. I think for the rest of today and tonight for sure.” Rosa said. “I think they’ll probably need a break some time tomorrow. It’s something I’m keeping an eye on.”

That was a perfect answer. Melody smiled and happily hung up some pants. They weren’t sure what to do with the leggings. Those wouldn’t hang well in a closet.

“That sounds wise to me.” Veronica said. “Is there anything else I should know?”

“Melody has agreed that I’m in charge of keeping them honest, especially with themself. We negotiated general behavioral caregiving, even outside of scenes.” Rosa said. “I’m curious actually if you have anything like that going on with them.”

“I do.” Veronica said. “Melody, put those leggings down for a minute and come here.”

Obediently, Melody shuffled over, hands behind their back. Were they in trouble? They felt like they were in trouble.

“What did I tell you that I was doing for you, Little One?” Veronica asked.

“You said you wouldn’t let me fall.” Melody said softly.

Rosa gasped, hand to her mouth. She leaned over to squeeze Veronica’s hand, eyes shining.

Veronica smiled kindly at Rosa, squeezing back.

“That’s right, Little One. That means I’m keeping you safe. I also keep track of your work and school tasks. Is that something you want me to keep doing, or would you like Rosa to do it? Alternately, you could take those back and handle them yourself.”

“I want Rosa to do the school stuff, but you keep the work stuff.” Melody said. The words had left their mouth before they even considered them. Now that they were out there – they couldn’t say why – but they were glad those words had been said.

“I’d be happy to do that for you, Niñe.” Rosa said.

“I’ll send you my spreadsheet on Melody’s school responsibilities.” Veronica said, without any regret or worry in her voice.

Melody relaxed happily. It felt like their Mom and Mommy had equal things to do now. Dad didn’t have anything, but she was in charge of stuff like fixing cuts and being super calm and authoritative. It would work out.

“You’re doing a good job with my clothes.” Rosa said. “At least until you got to the leggings. Do you need help?”

“I’m not sure where to put them.” Melody said. “They won’t hang up well.”

“You can take your panties out of your dresser and put my leggings there.” Rosa said. “You won’t be needing those, at least for as long as I’m here on break.”

Melody blushed, squirming.

“You don’t have to wait on me, Little One.” Veronica said. “Your Mommy gave you a task. Go on now.”

Now they were really blushing. They hadn’t been waiting for permission, had they? They’d just been – hanging out. With their hands behind their back. Listening obediently. It was so hot and so comforting at the same time.

“Can we talk about Briana a bit?” Rosa asked.

“Of course, what’s on your mind?”

“I changed her after the intervention. I was happy to help out and she’s fun. Do you want me to talk to you before I do things for her, or be more proactive?”

“Oh goodness, I would love it if you were proactive.” Veronica said, with a big smile. “I think you and I have a lot in common. It’d be nice if you talked to me before you punish Briana, at least the first couple of times. If you see caregiving that needs to be done for her, and you want to do it, please do.”

“Okay, great. She’s kind of sneaky. I thought it would be a good idea to get some ground rules down in that area right away.”

“That is a perfect assessment of Briana.” Veronica said, laughing.

Hah! That would keep Briana from getting away with stuff when Rosa was around. Melody closed their former underwear drawer on the last of Rosa’s leggings. The stacks of panties on the dresser would not be neat enough for either of their caregivers, Melody knew. After a moment’s consideration, they put the panties in one of their cosplay boxes.

“Rosa, I don’t want to come on too strong. I know Briana has already pestered you about this, but I would love for you to move in. I think you’d be a wonderful addition to the house. If that doesn’t work for you, I completely understand.”

“I’ll think about it.” Rosa said. “I’d be staying in Melody’s room; and a very important person in this conversation hasn’t asked me if I’d like to move in.”

Melody stopped in the middle of rolling up Rosa’s duffel and whined. It wasn’t fair! Everyone was rushing things. Asking big stuff like that took courage. Courage was a slow-refreshing resource.

“Mama.” Melody said. “I don’t know. I love you. But it’s hard to think about stuff right now.”

“Niñe, I know that’s why we haven’t talked about it. You’re okay. You’re a good kid.” Rosa said. “I’ll get back to you on that one, Veronica.”

“Of course.” Veronica said. “I’m just stacking things in my favor by letting you know my opinion on the matter before you two discuss it.”

“So that’s where Briana gets her sneakiness.” Rosa said with a smirk.

“She’s a Rasmussen.” Veronica said proudly.

“You’re both pretty formidable.” Rosa said. “You remind me of my abuela. She runs her house.”

“I’d love to meet her sometime, and your parents.” Veronica said. “Jane is bringing her parents over from Germany after the holidays. It’d be great fun if we could get everyone here at the same time.”

“I guess that depends on how serious my relationship with Melody is.” Rosa said. “Which is another conversation that needs to wait.”

“Of course.” Veronica nodded.

“What’re you doing, Niñe?” Rosa asked suddenly.

Melody looked over, feeling guilty again. “Nothing. I’m all done with the clothes.”

“Thank you for doing that. Come here and sit between us.” Rosa said, patting the bedcovers.

Sitting down with a crinkle, Melody squirmed happily when both women moved in to sit against them.

“They’re such a good Little One, most of the time.” Veronica said. “Better behaved than Briana, if I’m being honest.”

“My Melody is a very good niñe.” Rosa said. “That was part of the problem. You were trying to be good for the wrong person, weren’t you, hon?”

“Yes Mamá.” Melody said softly.

“You’re safe now with us.” Veronica said. “No one is going to hurt you while Rosa and I are here.”

“And Dad.” Melody said. “I um, Jane.”

“Oh? When did that start?” Veronica asked.

“The snow day.” Melody kicked their feet. They’d ended up sitting further back on the bed than Mom and Mama, leaving their feet dangling in the air.

“I think it’s really sweet.” Rosa said. “If we have to put names on it, I think you and Jane are parental with them. I’m still a girlfriend and glad that I am. But a girlfriend that’s also a caregiver.”

“That’s lovely.” Veronica said. “Whatever ends up being decided in your relationship and living situation, I think you’re a great addition to the family, Rosa.”

“In the meantime, what do you want to do with this little stinker?” Veronica asked, gently tickling Melody.

Melody squirmed, giggling. Whatever the two of them came up with, it was going to be a lot of fun.

“Actually there’s an errand we need to take care of.” Rosa said. “Melody left their car at the skate rink. Would you mind coming with me and driving my car back? I’m not sure that Melody is good to drive right now.”

The grip that Rosa had around Melody’s waist suggested that she didn’t want to let Melody out of her sight either. Melody was fine with that, even if it wasn’t going to be a fun thing that they did next. Leave it to caregivers to come up with dumb chores stuff when they could be having fun. The car was fine. It was all locked up and stuff – probably.

“I’d be happy to.” Veronica said, unsnapping Melody’s cargo pants to check their diaper. “Our little Muppet is still dry, so they’re ready to go. I’m good to go now if you want.”

“Muppet?” Melody protested.

“I’d like to get it take care of, so it’s not hanging over my head.” Rosa said, buttoning Melody’s pants back up. Neither she nor Veronica made the slightest sign that they noticed Melody questioning their new nickname.

“I’m not a Muppet.” Melody insisted.

“Be a good Little One or we’ll put you in Briana’s car-seat.” Veronica said, smiling.

Melody’s mouth dropped open. Rosa closed it with a finger under their chin. Things were rapidly devolving into some extremely embarrassing territory. The easiest way out was to be a good Little, even if that came with some squirmy feelings of its own.

Even if they weren’t in a car seat, Melody still had to sit in the back. Their Littleness had them spacing out and staring at the snow while Veronica and Rosa chatted. It made the trip feel a bit as if they’d teleported to the skate rink.

“There’s Melody’s car.” Rosa said. “I have their keys. It’s probably easiest to just leave them in the seat they’re in. You can drive Melody back to… oh shit.”

Rosa pulled to a stop, facing Melody’s car. The little two-door Civic had a light dusting of snow on it. Less snow than another nearby car. It was also a lot less white than it used to be. There were letters scrawled in bright red spray paint all over the vehicle. From the back seat, Melody couldn’t make out more than what was written on the facing side.

In huge block letters, the paint spelled out, “DIAPER SLUT”.

“Oh that is enough!” Veronica said sharply. “Rosa, do you mind taking care of Melody while I make a call?”

“On it.” Rosa said. She left the engine and heater running, popping out of the driver’s seat to climb in the back.

“Hey Niñe, look at me. That’s plenty of staring at the car for now.” Rosa said gently.

Melody blinked, realized they’d been staring hard enough to dry out their eyes. They tried to reach for Rosa, but the seatbelt blocked them. Luckily, Rosa was on it. She had the belt off and pulled Melody into her arms right away.

“She’s never going to stop.” Melody whimpered. “She doesn’t stop. She’s so scary.”

“I’ve got you. We’re going to MAKE her stop.” Rosa said. “Mostly Veronica will. Mom is on it, okay? She’s already calling someone.”

“Mommy I’m scared.” Melody said. Crawling into Mommy’s lap didn’t exactly work in the car, but Melody gave it their dammedest squirm.

“You need a nipple?” Rosa said softly. It sounded like she was teasing. She had better have been teasing! They were in public. That wouldn’t be okay – even if it sounded really good.

“Mommy not here.” Melody said, squirming.

“Here’s the next best thing.” Rosa unzipped her jacket, exposing quite a bit of cleavage in her tank top. She pulled Melody’s head onto her chest, cheek to skin.

A couple more squirms to get into a more comfortable position for leaning over, and Melody was able to relax.

“Jason, hello.” Veronica said. “Yes, it’s Veronica. Oh goodness, how did you hear? Yes, she came out of the surgery just fine, thank you so much for asking. She’ll be in town soon, actually.”

“See? She’s on it.” Rosa said softly. “What kind of evening do you want to have? Hanging out with everybody as a Little? Sleepover with your sister?”

“I want my Mama.” Melody said. “No sleepover. But dinner and stuff with everybody would be fun.”

“I need a pair of officers, or a detective if you can spare anyone.” Veronica said. “A family member’s car was vandalized.”

“I think we can do that. You want me to make a special dinner for you and your sister? Just for the kids?” Rosa asked, stroking Melody’s cheek.

“Can we have tendies?” Melody asked.

“I’m sure I know who it was and I’m worried that the perpetrator may be violent. She isn’t here at the moment, but I’d feel much safer if you could – thank you Jason.”

“I said a special dinner, not microwave food.” Rosa admonished.

“But I like tendies.” Melody said, frustrated.

“We’ll wait for them at the Skate Arena. We’re the only ones here with our lights on. Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you again.”

Veronica hung up the phone with a sigh.

“You’re going to like gorditas too.” Rosa said. “Trust your Mamá.”

“Okay Mamá.” Melody closed their eyes and tucked themself a little closer to Rosa.

“We have two officers and a detective on the way.” Veronica said.

“That’s amazing, thank you.” Rosa said. “If I’d called – they would have told me to call back some other time.”

“I wish that weren’t true, but I’m afraid you’re right. That’s a battle for another day. Right now, our family is going to get what it needs.”

“I took over your dinner, by the way. At least for the kids. I can make something for everyone if you don’t already have plans.”

“It’s Jane and my turn to cook. We would welcome a night off. What can I do to help?”

“I might need some ingredients. Do you have masa?”

“We’ll make a trip to the store.” Veronica said. “To pick that up and any other kitchen staples you need for while you’re here.”

“That’d be really great. I was a little freaked out when I didn’t see tortillas in the house.”

Veronica chuckled. “Our pantry is very European.”

“I didn’t see any saffron in their either.” Rosa said. “You can just say White.”

Veronica and Rosa laughed together. Melody sighed, relaxing totally. Mom and Mommy did have it under control. They didn’t have to worry. Well, they had one worry, but it was another thing that Mom and Mommy could fix. There was fresh wetness in their diaper.

“I had a accident.” Melody said softly, snuggling up to Rosa. “I need a change please.”

“You want a change in the car?” Veronica asked. “It’s a little public, sweetie.”

“I don’t wanna be wet when the police are here and we’re outside and stuff.” Melody said.

“I can put a blanket over them. Or – I could if I hadn’t left the house without the diaper bag.”

“I have mine.” Veronica said, here you go.

“I’m a bad mom.” Rosa said, ruefully accepting the diaper bag.

“You are not. You’re just not as practiced as I am. I’ve had Briana in diapers for a lot longer than you’ve had Melody in them.”

“Fair enough. Okay, scoot down, potty pants.” Rosa said. “I don’t know how much time we have before the cops get here.”

It was awkward trying to find a position that would work. Melody ended up with their head and upper body under a blanket, but their butt exposed with their feet in the air. Rosa worked quickly, getting them changed and dressed again. Lying under the blanket had built up a lot of giggles in Melody. They all came out when Rosa pulled them close and relentlessly tickled them.

It was a good thing Mama had done that, because nothing was funny when the police were there. They kept talking about Beatrix and all the horrible things she’d painted on the car. It was their job; but it kept the scariness in the forefront of Melody’s mind. The wind was cold, but not as cold as Melody’s insides when they read words like, WHORE, TRAITOR, and especially DEAD BITCH painted on their car.

When it was done, Mom drove them back in Rosa’s car. Rosa drove the scary painted car. She was so brave, so good. Melody wondered what Christmas present could possibly be good enough for such a great girlfriend and mommy. Still no ideas, so far.

At home people were upset. Upset at Beatrix, not Melody, but it was still a bad feeling. Dad’s face turned dark with anger when she saw the car. They were angry for Melody, because they cared. It didn’t comfort Melody though. There was so much anger and scary stuff going on. That was classic Beatrix. She was the queen of drama and chaos.

“Little One.” Veronica said, taking Melody aside and stroking their cheek. “I have a job for you.”

“O-okay, I’ll try.” Melody looked up at their mom nervously. The last thing they wanted to do was to disappoint her again. They didn’t feel like they anything left for doing stuff, though.

“Your sister is really worn out from being Big a couple of days in a row. She’s very little right now and could use her big sibling. Would you mind spending some time with her and watching out for her a little? If there’s anything you can’t handle, call for me, or Jane, or Rosa.”

“Oh, I can do that.” Melody nodded vigorously. They’d actually been wanting to ask if they could retreat into playing with Briana. This way they’d be helping too! Briana had just taken care of them today, it’d be good to return the favor.

“You’re such a good kid.” Veronica said. “Do you know that? You’re a very good Little One. I love you.”

Melody’s lower lip trembled. They stepped in for a Briana-style crash-hug, holding Veronica tightly. “I love you too, Mom.”

Veronica planted a kiss Melody’s forehead. “Go on upstairs. You can take Briana anywhere in the house, but you need to talk to one of your caregivers if you two want to play in the snow, okay?”

“Okay Mom.” Proudly, Melody hurried upstairs. There was nothing they could do about painted cars, or horrible threats, or the monster behind those things. They could take care of their sister, though. It was high time to start being a better big sibling.

Mom hadn’t been kidding about Briana feeling little. She was in her playpen, wearing just a diaper, with a pacifier in her mouth. She had been wearing a onesie, but that was discarded in a corner of the playpen.

“Hey Bri.” Melody said, leaning over the playpen. “How’s my little sis?”

“Meh-low-dee!” Briana sang happily. “Can we play?”

“That’s what I’m here for.” Melody said, grinning. “I’m not sure what games a naked baby can play though.”

“I’m not naked!” Briana protested. “I have a diaper on.”

“A diaper isn’t clothes.” Melody said. “I’m wearing a diaper, and clothes too.”

“I don’t wanna wear clothes!” Briana fussed.

“Oh, okay.” Melody shrugged in mock sadness. “I was going to play a game with you downstairs in the drawing room, but Mom won’t let us go down there if you’re not dressed.”

“What game?” Briana asked, coming up on her knees to stare expectantly at Melody.

“Eh, nothing big. Just some Cloudland.” Melody said. “I think I can figure it out on my own.”

“You’re going to play Cloudland without me!” Briana’s jaw dropped in shock.

“I need a bigger room than your bedroom.” Melody said. “Totoro-san found some weird magic trees and it looks like it’s going to be a whole thing.”

“I wanna plaaaay!” Briana whined.

“Then let’s get you back in your onesie.” Melody said. “Come on, the stuffies are waiting!”

With Briana cooperating, Melody got her into her onesie in record time. It took a bit longer for Briana to collect her sword and all the stuffies she thought they’d need. They hustled past the serious discussion in the living room and ensconced themselves in the drawing room.

As it turned out, it was a good thing that Briana had assembled so much of the Roundtable. The mystery of the weird magic trees turned into an adventure fraught with danger in the form of evil tree squirrels.

Briana dropped the thread of the story several times, distracted by the bowl of Christmas candy, the snow outside, or simply spacing out. Each time she returned to their play with a big disruptive jump on the pile of stuffies.

Melody didn’t mind. It wasn’t super serious stuff, just a fun way to keep their sister occupied. They did their best to keep Briana out of the candy, knowing Mom didn’t like her too hyper, and otherwise enjoyed their sister time.

“Dude, you’ve had enough candies.” Melody said, snagging Briana around the waist before she could raid the bowl of chocolate coins.

“But we have to get medals! We won the day!”

“They should be pretend metals this time.”

“That’s no fun!”

“But its because – these medals aren’t made of gold. The tree people made them out of special purple wood.”

“Oh!” Briana nodded. “Okay, we can’t use the coins for those.”

“Good job keeping Briana from ruining her dinner.” Rosa said.

“Mamá!” Melody grinned happily.

They weren’t so distracted that they let go of Briana. The little goblin was trying to get at the chocolate coins again. Melody pulled their sister into a squirmy hug.

“Mom told me to play with her. I’m the big sibling.”

“You’re a good niñe.” Rosa said. “Your caregivers are proud of you.”

Melody blushed and squirmed. Sensing emotional weakness, Briana abandoned her attempts on the candy bowl and knocked Melody over with a big snuggly hug.

“It’s time to wrap up your game though. I have dinner for you.”

With Rosa’s help, Melody untangled themself from Briana and got them both sitting up with plates on their lap. There were some kind of little corn ball things, cut in half on their plates. The filling looked and smelled delicious.

“Thanks Mama!” Melody said.

Briana was notably silent.

“Something the matter, Briana?” Rosa asked.

“I don’t like these.” Briana said, pouting.

“You don’t like gorditas?” Rosa asked skeptically. “It’s the best parts of a taco, inside the corn tortilla.

Briana wrinkled her nose and poked at one of the gorditas. Melody already had two gordita halves in their belly. Rosa’s description was perfect. They had carnitas, melted cheese, and just enough spicy inside.

With a smirk, they swiped a gordita from Briana’s plate and took a big bite. “Mm, Mama, that’s so good.”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full, Niñe.”

“Hey!” Briana stared at Melody in outrage.

“I’ll take Briana’s gorditas.” Melody said. “They’re way too tasty for babies.”

“They’re mine!” Briana protested, scooting away with her plate.

“I thought you didn’t like them.” Melody said.

“I never had them before…” Briana admitted, squirming.

“Mamá, you’re a really good cook.” Melody said, reaching for Briana’s plate again.

“Stop!” Briana snatched away the gordita that Melody had been reaching for. She stuffed the whole thing in her mouth.

Rosa and Melody giggled as Briana struggled with her mighty mouthful. When she finally got it down, she took a big drink of water.

“How was it?” Rosa asked.

“Yummy!” Briana giggled “Sorry I said I didn’t like them,”

“You get a pass this time.” Rosa said, patting Briana’s head. “I’m going to be a mommy in this house, though. Your mom and I talked about me disciplining you. You know that wasn’t a good girl thing to do.”

Briana hung her head. Melody felt bad immediately. Poor kid! Rosa was unmoved though. Her stern expression even survived Briana looking up with puppy dog eyes.

“I need a response, Briana.” Rosa said.

“I don’t know what to call you.” Briana said. “But I’m sorry, really. I’ll be good.”

“It’s a whole unusual family situation, but why don’t you call me Tia, or Tia Rosa?” Rosa said. “Tia means aunt in Spanish.

“Okay Tia Rosa.” Briana said, smiling.

It was time for Melody to reclaim their mommy. Rosa had a lot less success resisting Melody’s puppy dog eyes and was soon on the floor, Melody in her lap, while Melody finished their dinner.

“Do we get dessert?” Briana asked. Melody was glad her sister remembered to ask the important questions.

“Not tonight. It’s been a long day for everyone. Bedtime will be a little early tonight.”

“But I want to play more with Melody!”

“If you’re a good girl and get ready for bed quickly, I’ll read you both a story, okay?”

“Really Mamá?” Melody asked.

“Of course, Niñe. You and I will have a quiet evening after that in our room, okay?”

“Thank you, Mamá.” Melody sighed happily and patted their full tummy.

Rosa got Briana ready for bed while Melody cleared the dishes and helped wash up in the kitchen. They joined their sister in her room, sitting by the crib while Rosa read to them from a little kids’ book. It was kind of a baby book for Melody, but it was cute to hear Briana chiming in on the ends of the rhymes. Listening to Rosa read was soothing too, no matter the words.

Afterward, when Briana was tucked in and already snoring, Rosa lead Melody downstairs by the hand. She stripped them in the bathroom and put them on the potty. They got a bath and their teeth brushed and everything. Melody blissfully let Rosa do it all, sinking deeper into their Little self.

In the bedroom, Rosa took off Melody’s robe and laid them naked on the little changing blanket she’d bought on their first Little day. She put Totoro in Melody’s hands and a pacifier in their mouth. A diaper went under Melody’s hips, but there wasn’t any lotion or powder at first.

Rosa took her time with slow, loving caresses all over Melody’s body. The more Rosa touched her, the less Melody felt the chill of the room. Their nipples crinkled up as a slow flush spread across their body. The lotion entered the picture, concentrated around Melody’s crotch. They gasped and quivered as Rosa gradually brought them to a gentle state of bliss.

It was the most peaceful climax Melody had ever had. They lay like a wet noodle while Rosa wiped their crotch and powdered them. The padding went on thick and tight, holding Melody in an embrace just as vital as Rosa’s arms wrapped around them.

Gratefully, Melody sucked on the nipple Rosa offered them. The happy tingles across their skin settled in their heart as a warm fuzzy feeling as they heard their girlfriend and mommy’s breath quicken. With one arm around Melody and the other between her legs, Rosa’s soft voice was whispering beautiful moans in Melody’s ear. She shuddered and sighed, pulling Melody’s mouth off her breast to rest their head on her bare bosom instead. Melody was out like a light.

The next morning, Melody woke to a dry diaper. That was a surprise, leaving them with oddly mixed emotions. It was nice to not be a bedwetter for sure. Waking up wet had lead to some wonderful baby time though.

“Rosa?” Melody asked, softly enough that they hoped Rosa wouldn’t wake if she was still asleep.

“Yes love?” Rosa asked, yawning.

“I want to wake up like this always.” Melody said, nuzzling into the crook of Rosa’s neck.

“Are you asking me to move in? Or are you just happy and sleepy.”

“Please move in.” Melody said. “I’ll call U-Haul today. I mean it.”

“You sure?” Rosa asked, lifting Melody’s chin so she could meet their eyes.

“Yes. I love you.” Melody said, going in for a kiss.

Rosa and Melody sank into each other like they were becoming one person. It felt like correcting a wrong, putting something back together that the universe had broken.

They shuddered with the intensity of it as the kiss ended. Feeling Rosa’s fingers at the waistband of their diaper did push Melody out of their blissful place a little, though.

“You’re dry.” Rosa said, surprised. “Feeling big?”

“Yeah. Yesterday was amazing, but you were right. I need a break.”

“Whatever you need, my love.”

“You’re still in charge of the stuff I gave you.” Melody said quickly. “School stuff and – behavior.”

“Such a good Melody.” Rosa said, kissing them gently again. “I’m here. I’ll take care of you.”

“I know.” Melody said. “Thank you. I trust you.”

Rosa shivered, just like she had when Melody called her Mommy the first time. They kissed again, softly exploring each other’s shoulders and backs with light fingers. Reluctantly, Melody pulled away.

“I have to go to the bathroom.”

“I know you need a break.” Rosa said. “But it’s a little tempting to hold you down and make you use that diaper, so I can change you after.”

“Maybe tomorrow?” Melody asked bashfully.

“You don’t mind me pushing you around a little? It doesn’t remind you of – her?”

Melody shook their head. “I really like that stuff. Beatrix did it wrong. It was bad and it hurt. When you do it, I know you love me. It feels blushy and sexy.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. I wasn’t kidding when I said I liked topping embarrassed subs.”

“I have to get to the bathroom.” Melody said, squirming. “If you keep talking like that I won’t be able to leave – and I’ll have an accident.”

“No accidents today.” Rosa said, patting Melody’s diaper. “Up you go, Melody.”

“Okay.” Melody grabbed their robe and walked to the bathroom in a happy daze.

Morning cleanup was super fast. Everything with Rosa felt too new and private. They needed her to themself as much as possible. The two of them took their breakfast in Melody’s room, sitting under a blanket on the bed.

“Was everything yesterday okay?” Rosa asked. “You were really little, longer than I’ve seen you do it before.”

“It’s kind of crazy to remember it all.” Melody said. They hadn’t thought through the half of it yet. A few choice moments bubbled to the fore of Melody’s mind and made them cringe.

“Did I really let you change me in the back of your car?”

“You INSISTED on it.” Rosa said, chuckling.

“I acted Little in front of all the roommates too, all day.” Melody said, squirming. “They must think I’m a dumb baby.”

“Your roommates love Briana. You were cute and Little, but still not as extreme as she is. I’m sure it’s fine. It may change things a bit, but is that so bad?”

“I don’t know.” Melody said, staring at their coffee.

“You’re going to have a live-in mommy.” Rosa said. “It’s not like you were going to be able to be subtle.”

“I wish we could just live like that right now. We still have to deal with Beatrix and you have a lease and everything.”

“Veronica’s not planning to raise the rent when I move in. The price for the room will be the same, so I can keep paying on my place until the lease ends.”

Rosa sighed, nuzzled Melody’s cheek. “Veronica is working on Beatrix. She needs you to come with her today to meet some people and talk about what Beatrix has done. Two different sets of people, at least. I’ll be with you the whole time.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Melody whimpered. “If I have to say the details – it makes it real again.”

“I know, love.” Rosa said. “It’s going to be hard, but you have to do it. We need to be done with her. Forever.”

“You’ll be there?”

“Every single minute, holding your hand.”

“I’m so scared.” Melody whispered.

“I’ve got you. Veronica’s got you. Jane has got you. Even your pain-in-the-butt baby sister has got you.”

“Why?”

“Because we love you. Because you’re worth loving.”

Tears dripped into Melody’s mug. Rosa took it away and held Melody in her lap.  Though Melody didn’t feel little, they had no control over the tears or their emotions. They sobbed like the world was ending, clinging to Rosa. Soft sobs became loud ones, which in turn lead to a full-on ugly cry. Rosa was crying too, rocking them back and forth. They didn’t know how long they cried for, but it felt like ages. Melody was wrung out and dried out by the end of it.

Rosa took care of them after, with a wet washcloth for their face and a glass of water. Melody took it gratefully. They climbed into Rosa’s lap, straddling her, and kissed her with every ounce of love and passion they could muster. It must have worked, Rosa’s cheeks were very pink when Melody pulled away to take off their shirt.

“What are you doing?” Rosa asked.

“Taking care of you.” Melody said. “I know you like taking care of me, but I also know it’s work. I’m going to make love to you and do everything for you.”

“You don’t have to…” Rosa said, until Melody interrupted her with another kiss. Her eyes were a little unfocused afterwards. “Wow. Okay.”

Everything they’d done before had been wrapped up in baby play or Beatrix drama. The baby stuff was fun, really fun, but Melody hadn’t had a chance to show Rosa the benefits of having a subby lover.

With an adoring heart, Melody worshipped Rosa’s body with kisses and touches. The buildup was beautiful and slow, setting the stage for heart-pounding intensity as they built Rosa to a climax. Several climaxes, taking Rosa a little further up each time, until she was a sweaty mess on the bed. Rosa was begging incoherently, and Melody doubted if even she knew if she was asking for Melody to stop or keep going.

They coaxed Rosa into screaming into the pillow one more time and snuggled up to her, holding her tightly. She actually fell into a bit of a nap in Melody’s arms. Her soft breaths sounded perfectly content.

“That was incredible. How…” Rosa shook her head, much later, when she’d come back to herself.

“It’s easy when I love you so much.” Melody said.

“Wow.” Rosa laughed. “How soon can we get that U-Haul rented?”

“Today if you want.”

“I do, but we have to take care of Veronica’s thing first.”

“I know.” Melody sighed.

“You’re not alone. We’re doing it together.”

“Is it okay if I want to be Little afterwards?” Melody asked. “Or is that running away from stuff?”

“I think it’s a great idea.” Rosa said. “Doesn’t have to be for the full evening if you just want a nice break from what you had to relieve. We’ll play it by ear, okay?”

“Thank you.”

“Thank you, love.”

Still reluctant, but feeling Rosa’s support around them like a suit of armor, Melody got up and got ready to relieve her experience with Beatrix. They hoped it would be the last time. Every time they explained it, it felt worse. More of their blinders and justifications fell away with every telling, every shocked look from the people listening. That little voice that had protected them, that insisted that what Bea had done wasn’t so bad, was very quiet these days.

Melody was stuck facing the reality that it really HAD been that bad. It was a terrifying thought. Being Little in the afternoon couldn’t come fast enough

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
On 10/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, SolSombraYSoldados said:

I need a pair of officers, or a detective if you can spare anyone.” Veronica said. “A family member’s car was vandalized.”

Whelp it's definitely find out time for B. She has no clue that her former victim has victim has been taken in by one of the local aristocratic families and has just yanked the tigers tale.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, SolSombraYSoldados said:

elody was stuck facing the reality that it really HAD been that bad. It was a terrifying thought. Being Little in the afternoon couldn’t come fast enough

This processing can you hit like a truck at random times. I haven't been through anything nearly this bad but I know from experience.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

Whelp it's definitely find out time for B. She has no clue that her former victim has victim has been taken in by one of the local aristocratic families and has just yanked the tigers tale.

Yeah, she got on with the police chief and the first thing he did was ask about Veronica's mom. 

Stuff be in motion now. Oh lawd, it a comin'. Veronica is DONE with Bea's shit.

33 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

This processing can you hit like a truck at random times. I haven't been through anything nearly this bad but I know from experience.

Truth. Melody is not finished processing what happened to them by a long shot. Heck, it's not even fully resolved. At least they have a loving family that is going to sit their ass down and love them if they like it or not. ?

In this chapter, Grandma is arriving. This is not a drill! ?

-----

Briana sat on the floor and watched Mom put her war paint on. It was the serious stuff this time. Same black eyeliner as always, but the black eyeshadow was dusted with blue on top. Lipstick and nail polish were both dark blue, like an angry sea. Briana had only seen Mom with blue makeup on once before, before she was little, before Mom was Mom.

Everybody in the house walked on tiptoes that day!

Watching carefully, Briana watched Veronica mouth words to herself in the mirror. Was it a prayer, a spell, or a motivational mantra? Mom didn’t say. Frustrated, Briana blew air at a lock of hair that had fallen over her eye.

Why won’t Mom let me in on that part of her?

“I’m almost done, baby bee.” Veronica said.

“I’m not bored. I’m just watching you, Mom.”

Mom didn’t rise to the bait. She turned her head to the sitting room. “Are you ready, Jane?”

“Yes my love.” Jane stepped into the bedroom. She was wearing a suit! Dad looked amazing in a suit.

Why hadn’t she unlocked this power before? Briana wondered. Maybe it was too much awesome. The city would have to issue a warning.

“Are you sure you want me with you today?” Jane asked, stepping over to pat Briana on the head.

“If you’re going to be Briana’s father, then you need to start participating in these sorts of meetings. I want them to see and recognize your face.”

“Very good. Did Gary say if he was available to come watch the rug rat?”

“I’m not a rug rat!” Briana said indignantly. “I’m a big girl!”

“You are MY rug rat.” Mom said. “And baby bee, and baby girl, and the cutest girl ever. But you need to be an actual big girl this afternoon. Gary is coming over to discuss the open Microbiology assistant positions.”

“Not for babysitting?” Briana whimpered.

“This is part of going back to school. You’re still on less Big time than you will be when school starts.” Jane said.

“But it’s almost Christmas.”

“Those positions won’t wait until the next quarter starts. Big Briana knows that.” Jane said, crouching down next to Briana. “I know it’s difficult, but I know that you can do it.”

Resigned to her fate, Briana sighed and nodded. “Yes Daddy, I can.”

“That’s my daughter. I’m proud of you.”

“We both are.”

“You’re sure there’s no way for me to help Melody?”

“Not today, baby bee.” Veronica said. “You’re not ready for that yet. Besides, you’re going to be needed to play with Melody when they get back. They’re not going to want to be big anymore.”

“Oh, can we go sledding again?”

“In a day or two I hope we can.” Jane said. “Mom and I will be out until the evening. We have a lot of errands we have to run. Rosa will be your caregiver when she gets home.”

“That’s caregiver, not babysitter.” Veronica said. “Rosa is a mommy in this house, do you understand, Briana?”

“She already told me about that, Mom!”

“I’m not surprised she did, but I’m telling you now. Do you have an answer to my question?”

“Yes Mom, I understand.” Briana huffed at her hair again.

“I told her she’s welcome to spank you as hard as you need, if you misbehave.” Jane said. “She agreed that she would.”

“Daddy!” Briana protectively grabbed her padded butt.

“If you are a good girl, it won’t matter, will it?” Jane asked.

“I’m always a good girl, Daddy!”

“Don’t get yourself into lies this close to Christmas.” Veronica said. (Santa Points -1)

“Okay, okay, I get it! Sorry Mom, sorry Dad.” Briana fluttered her eyes contritely at her parents. It worked! She was relieved. Her cuteness hadn’t been nearly as effective lately.

Arm in arm, Mom and Dad marched down the stairs. Briana followed them, scooting on her butt, holding on to Little time as long as she could. She felt a little guilty. It was a great way to avoid thinking too much about what Melody was about to go through.

Little Briana could only register Melody giving statements about Beatrix as a scary thing. Upsetting, but devoid of all kinds of extra awful that Big Briana knew was lurking around those words.

Melody looked terrible. They were gripping Rosa’s hand hard enough to hurt her. She wasn’t complaining, just wincing. Melody was all in big clothes, with their own war paint on. Meme shirt, meme jacket, and a Totoro keychain clutched in their fist.

Rosa was double-brave, she was the only one not wearing war paint. She had on her least-sporty, least muscly stuff. A soft blouse and comfortable pants that screamed mommy. She was so different from Veronica, but Briana had to admit that she seemed like a good mom. Briana re-affirmed her promise to be a good girl.

When Gary arrived, everybody else left. Briana got a hug and a couple of good kisses from her boyfriend before she had leave being Little behind. She steeled herself for Big time. It seemed like an enormous hassle to change all the way out of her Little clothes, then back in. With Gary’s permission, Briana tried being big in her baby clothes.

It worked, to a point. Big Briana was pretty uncomfortable in a big diaper, but still trusted Gary enough that she didn’t mind wearing it around him. There was a bit of fuzziness to her focus. It was hard to remember to not use the diaper, too. By the look on Gary’s face, he had a bit of mental whiplash too, when Briana got up on her own to use the bathroom.

Overall, project hybrid Briana was a success. She didn’t need to retain much information, all the interview dates were in her phone, while the applications were already submitted. A bit more guilt surfaced when she signed the applications Briana Rasmussen.

Will they accept me for Mom, and not for me? Briana wondered. Big Briana could see the wisdom in not overusing her influence. If she abused it, she’d be left wondering if her achievements were her own, forever.

Gary had to leave before Rosa and Melody got back. That was sad, but in a way it was nice to be able to tell him she loved him as Big Briana. The dreamy look on his face was one to think about. She’d have to save at least a little bit of Big time for her boyfriend. Not just the sexy kind of time, either.

At loose ends, and scared to go Little when she was alone, Briana occupied herself with some chores. Erin had been almost completely exempted from chores due to her forty hour shifts, Casey and Suzie both had stuff of Erin’s they hadn’t done yet. Big Briana got the chores done, and Little Briana counted those good deeds on her own ledger. (Santa Points +1)

When Rosa and Melody finally returned, Briana plopped down on her butt in relief. Big Briana vanished in a puff of baby powder. Back to baby, Little Briana assessed her sibling.

Melody looked sad and tired, but not as bad as Briana had expected. There was a look of determination in their eyes that was really impressive. If Briana knew her sib, she’d guess that they felt like they’d just leveled up.

“What have you been up to, Briana?” Rosa asked.

“I had to be big until you got back. Gary left a while ago, so I was doing chores.”

“Good girl!” Rosa said, with an unfair amount of surprise in her voice. It shouldn’t be so surprising that I could be a good girl, should it?

Briana’s mouth fell open as she realized that she hadn’t done anything at all to win Rosa over as a caregiver. (Santa Points -1). In fact, if she was being TOTALLY honest, and she had to be because of Santa and Krampus, she’d been a bit of a brat. (Santa points -1) Maybe even a huge brat. (Santa points -1)

All that meant is that Rosa had some more great surprises in store! Briana was going to show her the very best baby ever! She and Melody both needed some fun, that was super clear to see. If Baby Briana was anything, she was fun.

“Are you ready to be Little? Like we talked about in the car?” Rosa asked Melody.

“Yes Mamá.” Melody smiled gently.

“Can I come with you?” Briana asked. “It’s okay if you want privacy! And I’m sorry about jumping on you with my Tigger bounce. But if it’s okay – I don’t want to be alone.”

“Yes sweetie, it’s okay. Thank you for the apology.” Rosa had Melody’s hand in hers and stopped to pat Briana on the head. “Melody and I really needed some time when we first got here, but you two are siblings. I’m sure you’ve been changed in front of each other.”

“Uh, yeah.” Melody said, blushing.

“Yep!” Briana confirmed. Rosa was headed to Melody’s bedroom. Was it both of their bedroom now? Regardless, Briana crawled after them. “Can we have a sleepover tonight? I won’t jump on anybody, I promise.”

“I think we can do that.” Rosa said. “How does that sound to you, Niñe?”

Melody nodded. “Okay, but in my room.”

“Our room.” Rosa said, solving that particular question.

“I wish my crib was big enough for both of us.” Briana said. “It would be so snuggly.”

“I’m too big for a crib.” Melody said sourly.

“Don’t be a jerk to your sister, or you’ll get an age-downgrade, Niñe.”

“Sorry Mama.”

Briana watched in fascination as Melody was stripped from the waist down only. Rosa put Melody in pullups! Down on the floor, in footie pajamas and a stuffed diaper, Briana was feeling tiny.

“I’m going to be the only baby?”

“That’s right.” Melody said smugly.

“You’re both wearing protection and you’ll both need a change at some point, I’m sure.” Rosa said. “Don’t make me regret our conversation in the car, Melody.”

“I just want to have fun being the big one.” Melody said contritely.

Briana watched Rosa dress Melody in overalls and thick fuzzy socks. They got to keep their meme-shirt on! Briana was the little one for sure. But that was okay, she was always the little one. Rosa had taken charge as soon as she came in. It felt safe to be really little around her. The question was, did Rosa want a really little Briana?

Huffing at her hair, which was apparently her new favorite thing, Briana rested her elbows on her knees, and her chin on her hands. She was all geared up for a really good sulk, when Rosa knelt next to her.

“Let me see that diaper. Lie down for me Briana.”

With a pout, Briana lay back. Rosa went confidently for the two fingers under the crotch of Briana’s diaper. It made Briana very squirmy to be so casually checked. Some hidden reservation still had her fighting a full descent into being little.

“Still dry, good girl!” Rosa said encouragingly. “You crawled when you followed us. Are you feeling really little?”

“Kinda.” Briana said, fidgeting over to her stomach and kicking her feet.

“I think Melody wants to play video games. Do you want to play with your big sibling?”

Briana popped her thumb in her mouth. Animal Crossing had gotten to where it felt like chores. Her brain was worn out from the applications that Gary had helped her with. Learning a new game sounded like bleh.

“Nuh.” Briana said.

“I see where you’re at. Can you crawl to the living room with us? Melody, you come with. You can play on the Switch this afternoon.”

“I wanna play Elden Ring.” Melody said.

“Not right now. Mommy wants to sit by the tree, and Briana needs some quiet time. You have lots of games you like on the Switch.”

Briana dutifully followed Rosa to the living room and crawled up on the couch. Melody was booting up some weird game called Monster Hunter. It was probably going to be super scary. Her big sib liked scary games.

Rosa brought a plate of cookies from the kitchen and a mug of cocoa for Melody. Briana found herself pulled into Rosa’s lap, with a bottle of chocolate milk at her lips. The first sip was a big surprise. It was Mom’s milk, with chocolate added!

It was so tasty that she grabbed the bottle herself, sucking greedily at it. Rosa grinned and giggled at her, stroking Briana’s tummy. In short order, Briana had a full belly and a wet diaper. Happy relaxed feelings spread out from her tummy all the way down to her tippy toes.

Briana dozed for a while on Rosa’s lap. From time to time, Melody would ask them to look at what they were doing. There was usually some big monster on the screen and lots of flashing lights. It wasn’t too scary, especially while Rosa was holding her. Between Melody’s demands for attention, Rosa stroked Briana’s hair or gently tickled her. She even sang in Spanish a little. Briana didn’t know the words, but the songs were nice.

“Hey Bri, you have to see this.” Melody said, tugging on Briana’s onesie.

“I can see it from here.” Briana yawned.

“No you’re not really looking!” Melody said urgently. “Come where I’m sitting, I want to show you something.”

A reluctant squirm poured Briana off Rosa’s lap and onto her belly on the carpet. Melody’s insistence didn’t stop, they tugged Briana’s arm until she was sitting next to her sib on her squishy padding.

Melody pointed at the screen. Their character was there, in all kinds of weird feathered clothing. It was pretty but Briana didn’t see what was so special about it. At least, she didn’t until the little kitty people in the game started singing and throwing what looked like rice balls around. It was ridiculously cute.

They made skewers of something called bunny dango. Brightly colored balls decorated with little faces sat on the skewers. As soon as they hit the plate, they were gulped down by Melody’s character! Even the doggy got a meal.

Briana giggled and clapped her hands. “Oh my gosh, do it again!”

Melody was happy to oblige. The sequence was basically the same, though with slightly different skewers. There was another restaurant in the game with a different song and dance for the food. Briana giggled and giggled, snuggling up against Melody.

“You want to play?” Melody asked, offering Briana the controller.

“No, you play. Is there more cute stuff?”

“Yeah, let me show you the cats and dogs going off on a mission.”

Briana leaned her head on Melody’s shoulder and watched the antics on screen. There were lots of fun pets in the game, but the combat seemed scary and stressful. Melody was really good at it though, their character almost never got hit by the monsters.

The afternoon was turning out really nice. It was a magical Christmas break moment, of which there had been very few growing up. Now she was snuggled up to her big sib, cheering Melody on against whatever wacky monster they came across. She was soggy in the pants too, really soggy. Briana wasn’t sure when that had happened, but potty training was clearly not happening today.

Melody got chicken nuggets for dinner. Rosa fed Briana some mac and cheese that had noodles shaped like little bunnies. Briana sang the bunny dango song between bites. After dinner, Rosa slid a changing blanket under Briana and popped her diaper open right next to Melody.

It was nice to get out of the heavy diaper. Rosa had a gentle style and was still feeling playful. Briana got a lot of giggles in from being tickled around her waist or behind her knees. She curled up on the floor next to Melody, ready for a nap while Melody played.

Rosa returned from cleaning up the used diaper looking at her phone. “Hey kids, we have a bit of a situation. Melody, I need you to find a spot to save and turn your game off, okay?”

“What’s going on?” Melody asked, frowning.

“Veronica’s mom just landed at the airport. She didn’t tell Veronica she was coming until the plane was already in the air. Veronica sounds stressed. She wants us to make sure the house is clean, so I need your help.”

“Okay Mama!” Melody said, turning the game off.

Briana sat up in shock. Grandma was on her way? Right now? She looked around in a panic. The house was pretty clean. She didn’t even know where to start.

“Start in the kitchen, Melody.” Rosa said. She crouched down by Briana. “Are you up for being a helper, sweetie?”

“I didn’t know Grandma was coming today.” Briana said, wringing her hands. “I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if she will like me.”

“I’m sure she will love you. Can you go into Melody’s room and straighten the covers?”

“Okay.”

Briana crawled as fast as she could. It took her a while from her knees, but she managed to get the covers nice and even, with no wrinkles. When she’d done that, Rosa had her dust the coffee table and chairs in the living room. All the while, anxiety was building up in Briana until she felt like she was going to lose total control and mess herself.

The final task, sweeping up pine needles with a little broom and dustpan, was impossible. The needles barely moved on the carpet. When Briana could get them in the dustpan, she’d forget and tip them back out. Her hands were shaking, she could feel a massive cry coming on.

“Hey sis, need some help?” Melody asked, kneeling next to Briana.

“I can’t pick them up and Grandma is gonna be mad and so is Mom!” Briana panted, just on the edge of sobs. “I’m supposed to do this one but I can’t. I’m too Little and Grandma isn’t going to like it!”

“I finished my chores already, I’ll help you okay? You just hold the dustpan.”

“O-okay.” Briana said, sniffling.

She gripped the dustpan with both hands, holding it firm against the carpet. Melody had piles of needles into the pan in no time. They even took the pan from Briana when the needles were cleaned up so she wouldn’t worry about spilling.

Briana sighed and struggled to her feet. She caught Melody when they were dumping the needles in the kitchen trash, and hugged them tightly.

“I love you.”

Melody hugged back in surprise. “I love you too, Bri.”

“You’re so brave and smart and cool. I’m so glad you’re my sib.”

“Oh, hey sis, you’re pretty cool too.” Melody said, giving Briana a big squeeze. “I’m really glad you’re my sister.”

“I’m scared about Grandma.”

“I know. Me too.”

“You don’t look scared.”

“That’s because if I look scared, the baby might cry.” Melody said with a wink.

“The bab – I’m not a baby!”

“Yes you are. You’re my baby sister.”

Briana sighed and leaned her head on Melody’s shoulder. She felt safety and love envelop her. Safety and love were interrupted by a pat on her diaper.

“That’s very sweet but it doesn’t look like taking the garbage out.” Rosa said. “Come on Melody, last chore.”

“I had to wait for the pine needles.” Melody said. “I’ll get it now Mamá.”

“Briana, can you help me pick out a tea cup for your grandma?”

Briana nodded vigorously. Tea cups were a big deal, Mom and Dad had a couple each. Briana had her own cup and her own mug for cocoa. Everybody had their own mugs, actually, but the rest of the roommates put coffee in theirs.

She searched the fancy cups while Rosa made tea, finding a pretty blue one with an intricate pattern on it in the back of the cabinet. It looked old. Briana carried it reverently to the tray Rosa had set up with the rest of the tea.

“That’s a pretty one. Good job. They’re almost here. Let me see you.”

Rosa grabbed a washcloth and scrubbed a couple of spots around Briana’s lips, washed Briana’s hands too. Neither of them could remember when her hands had gotten sticky, but they giggled about it. There was enough time left to brush out Briana’s hair and secure the errant locks with some barrettes before the door burst open.

“Rosa, can you help me with these suitcases?” Veronica said, sounding as stressed as Mom ever sounded.

Rosa rushed over to help with a suitcase that looked like an old-timey steamer trunk. Briana hid behind the couch from the blast of cold air – and Grandma.

Veronica dragged a second suitcase in. Just behind her, Jane stepped through the door with an older lady on her arm. Michelle, Grandma, looked like the kind of lady that would play a Duchess or a Queen on television. She was perfectly calm in all the fuss around her, taking careful steps over the threshold and leaning on a cane.

Grandma was wearing a pretty sky blue dress with white winter trees printed on it. She had a fuzzy looking purple shawl and a blue hat to match her dress. Her hands were gloved in white. Only her cane wasn’t fancy, it looked like it had come straight from the hospital.

“You’re such a dear, Jane, thank you. I can manage on my own now.” Grandma’s voice wasn’t like a super old lady. In fact, it sounded like a even firmer version of Veronica’s busy tone. Briana hadn’t known that was possible.

“We’ll get you set up on Suzie’s room. She’s agreed to room with Erin through the holidays. Is there anything you need right now, Mom? How’s your cough?”

“The cough is fine, Veronica, thank you. What I need is to meet my granddaughter.”

Briana shivered. She felt a hand on her shoulder, looked over to see Melody giving her a smile. Buoyed by a warm squeeze on the shoulder from her sib, Briana stepped out from around the couch.

“Mom, this is Briana.” Veronica said it with such love that Briana’s heart almost burst. “Briana, this is your grandma.”

“Do you have a hug for your grandma?” Michelle asked. “I have one for you.”

Hesitantly, Briana waddled over to Michele. They reached for each other awkwardly. The moment the hug was joined, Briana felt herself crushed against Michelle. It was such a big hug that Grandma got a little unsteady on her feet. Briana hugged back tightly, leaning into Grandma to steady her.

“You’re a good hugger.” Grandma said, stroking Briana’s cheeks. Grandma had tears in her eyes and a huge smile on her face. “What a precious baby girl you are. I’m so glad I finally get to meet you.”

There was no judgement. No confusion even. Grandma was just – grandma. Briana’s vision was getting as blurry as Grandma’s must have been. She crashed against Grandma, gently, to deliver a trademark Briana hug.

“I’m so glad you’re here, Grandma. Are you okay? Mom said you were really sick. She was super worried about you.”

“I’m fine sweetie, it’s lovely of you to ask. I know I worried Veronica, she’s a sweet girl, always has been. I’m sorry I worried you all. I’m much better now.”

“Briana, why don’t you help Grandma take a seat on the couch?” Veronica asked.

“Oh no you don’t.” Grandma said, sharply. “Don’t you treat me like an invalid. I have two more family members to meet, and I won’t be meeting them like an old lady in a rocking chair.”

Briana watched in awe as Veronica’s spine stiffened. It felt like the sharp words had gone right over Briana, probably because Grandma had given her an extra squeeze while she was talking.

“Briana, instead of what your mother asked, why don’t you introduce me to your sibling and Rosa?” Grandma asked.

Briana looked up briefly at Mom. It felt weird to have Mom’s order reversed. Veronica shrugged with a bemused look on her face. Nodding to Grandma, Briana waddled over to Melody and Rosa, who were holding hands by the fireplace.

To everyone’s amusement, Briana insisted on pulling them over to Michelle. She didn’t know what was so funny about it. These kinds of things had to be done properly. Briana could see that Grandma approved, at least.

“Grandma, this is Melody. They’re super smart and brave and I love them very much.”

“Hello Melody.” Michelle said, stepping in for a hug. Melody hugged back, a bit more hesitantly than Briana had. Grandma had no hesitation, she gave Melody the same big hug she’d given Briana.

“Hi um…”

“Grandma dear. We can give me a silly nickname later.”

“Okay – Grandma.” Melody squirmed and blushed. Briana’s heart was doing rainbow circles in her chest!

“And this is Rosa. She’s really nice and a super good mommy and she’s moving in with us. Melody added her to the family.”

“I’ve heard good things about you, Rosa.” Michele said. The hug was a little more sedate between the two of them, but still really warm looking.

“Thank you, Ms. Rasmussen.”

“Oh no. You call me Michelle, or Auntie if you want to.”

“Oh, you’re adopting Rosa now?” Veronica asked with a snort.

“I will if I want to. That’s enough sass out of you, Vonnie.”

“Yes Mom.”

“Now that that’s settled, I think I will sit down for a bit.”

Jane moved fast, taking Michelle’s arm and helping her into an armchair. Grandma fussed at her, saying something about not treating her like she was going to break, but Briana had seen Grandma lean hard on Jane.

“Rosa.” Briana tugged on Rosa’s sleeve. “Can we get the tea?”

“That’s a great idea. Melody, come help us.”

Rosa brought the teapot, Melody had the tray of cups. Briana was in charge of the sugar and cream. She was also tasked with bringing people their cups once they were full. Rosa poured the special blue cup first.

“How do you take your tea, Grandma?”

“Is that my cup?” Grandma asked in surprise.

“I picked it out for you, is that okay?”

“You kept my teacup?” Grandma asked, looking up at Veronica.

“Of course I did, Mom. You love that cup.”

“You could have tossed it. The house is yours now.”

“I never would have, you know that. It’s very cute that Briana found it for you.”

“Heck of a grandchild I have.” (Santa Points +5) Grandma said. “Cream and sugar, don’t skimp on either, Briana.”

With a happy grin and a wiggle, Briana fixed her Grandma’s tea. Once everybody had their drinks, she sat at Grandma’s feet. As soon as she did, Grandma stroked her hair. Briana sighed happily and leaned into Grandma’s leg.

“Jane and I were able to get everything done. We’re set up to deal with Beatrix tomorrow.” Veronica said.

Briana bit her lip. She could feel tension spiking in the room. Melody squeezed Rosa’s leg and was pulled in for a one-armed hug.

“I think we can leave that for tonight.” Grandma said. “Let’s enjoy the evening.”

“Mother, this is important. I’m sure that Melody wants to know that this will all be over…”

“Veronica Ashley Rasmussen.” Grandma said. Her voice was soft in volume, but hard in tone. Mom’s mouth closed like it was on springs.

“That’s quite enough dear. We are having a lovely evening and there’s nothing we can do about that awful woman right now. I’m proud of you, that you’ve taken such good care of your family. But this is family time, not time for business.”

“Thanks Mom – I’m sorry.” Veronica said.

“I’m much more interested in if I’ll get a chance to spoil these kids before Christmas.” Grandma said. “How much time can I have with them? There are only a few Christmas events left, and I’d like to take the kids to all of them.”

“I’m sorry, Jane, we need to go back to the hospital. They sent us the wrong mother. Did you just say you wanted to celebrate Christmas events? Michelle Rasmussen, renowned Satanist, is going to go to the Festival of Trees?”

“That’s rich coming from my Wiccan daughter.” Grandma said with a laugh. “That’s not a yule tree you have up there. I see several Santa Claus decorations up, and reindeer too. What happened to your lecture about Catholic appropriation of pagan symbols and the historicity of Christ?”

“It’s for…” Veronica began.

“the kids.” Grandma finished with Mom.

Mom and Grandma both laughed. Mom seemed to relax, snuggling up to Jane. Maybe she didn’t have to hold herself up so hard when her Mom was around. Briana loved Grandma just for that.

“We have many traditions to observe this year.” Jane said. “Michelle, would you be wanting to help the kinder on Christmas Eve? They have to clean the house that night, or Krampus will snatch them.”

Briana whined. Dad didn’t need to keep reminding her about that. It’s not like she created a mess – not much mess anyway. In a panic she remembered the juice box she’d stuffed under her dresser in her room.

“Don’t worry sweetie, Grandma will make sure you get everything done so that you’ll be safe.” She patted Briana on the head.

Happily Briana relaxed into her Grandma again. The conversation flowed between Mom, Rosa, Grandma, and Dad, planning out all kinds of cool stuff for Briana and Melody. The added layer of family wrapped Briana like a security blanket. She would have dozed off right there if pressure in her rear didn’t make her fidget.

Grandma stroked Briana’s back and deftly squished her diaper. Briana blinked back to full wakefulness when she heard Grandma sniff her.

“This one is going to need a change soon.” Grandma said.

“Oh, we take Briana to the potty for that, almost all the time.” Veronica said.

“Then it’s overdue to be Grandma’s turn.” Grandma said, standing up and holding out a hand to Briana.

“I uh…” Briana looked at Mom and Dad in confusion. Uncertainty about being helped with the potty by Grandma was only a little of her worry. She’d felt how unsteady Michelle was.

“Are you sure you’ve sat enough for that, Michelle?” Jane asked.

“Are you sassing me, young lady?”

“Not at all. It’s my job to worry about my family.” Jane said calmly.

Grandma chuckled. “I appreciate the concern, but I feel steady and I’m ready to take this young lady to the restroom. Unless she keeps gaping on the floor like a fish, instead of taking my hand. In that case I’ll have to give her a swat first.”

“Eep!” Briana hastily took Grandma’s hand.

The pressure in her rear and the size of her diaper made Briana a little wobbly on her feet. Grandma had some wobble too, despite what she’d told Dad. Between the two of them they worked it out.

Diaper down, sitting on the potty, Briana watched Grandma while she waited for her body to do its thing. Michelle was smiling warmly at her, leaning on the bathroom counter. Briana felt dizzy. The woman in front of her had gone from a worrying unknown, to an essential part of the family, in the space of an hour.

“I love you, Grandma.” Briana said, as sincerely and seriously as she could.

“Oh sweetie, thank you. I love you too.” Unbothered by Briana’s current state, Grandma stepped over to give her a warm hug.

“You have to listen to Dad.” Briana said. “I’m gonna need a grandma for a long time, okay?”

Grandma dabbed her eyes. “Briana – I’ll be careful, thank you. Will you help me sometimes? It’s hard to be strong and then rely on other people.”

“I know that!” Briana said with a giggle.

“I suppose you do.” Grandma laughed, kissed Briana on top of her head. “You done there, hon?”

Briana nodded. Grandma got her cleaned up and her diaper back on. She also leaned more on Briana on the way back to her chair.

“I’ve been informed,” Grandma said as she sat carefully down, “that I have to take better care of myself. That I need to listen to my daughter and her girlfriend. Apparently, I have to stick around for a while, at this one’s request.”

“Laid low by your own granddaughter?” Veronica asked with a happy smile.

“There’s no shame in it.” Grandma said with a shrug.

“Melody can help too Grandma.” Briana said. “Melody, do you want to come here with Grandma and me? Please?”

Shyly, Melody got up and approached. Grandma squeezed their hands and patted them on the back. After a moment’s hesitation, Melody took a seat at Grandma’s feet, across from Briana.

“You’re looking pretty good there, Michelle.” Jane said.

“I’m a fortunate woman.” Grandma said, patting both the kids gently. “About time too. I was beginning to think Veronica would never adopt.”

“You wanted her to adopt?” Melody asked in confusion.

“She didn’t tell you? Veronica is adopted. So am I. So was my mother. It’s a tradition Magna-Grandma started and it’s been good for the American Rasmussens.”

“There hasn’t been time to tell them everything about the family.” Veronica said.

“You’d think that one would have come up when you were signing adoption papers.”

“Mom doesn’t tell me ANYTHING.” Briana complained.

“Your mother is a very private woman. Has been since she was a little girl. You ask your grandma anything you need to know. Especially if it’s an embarrassing story about your mother.”

“Mom!” Veronica had some actual pink her cheeks.

Rosa laughed. “This feels a lot like home. I don’t mean the house. I mean the family in my house back home.”

“It sneaks up on you.” Jane said. “Welcome to the family, Rosa.”

Rosa beamed. Melody was smiling too. Briana was vibrating. Well, vibrating between yawns. Not that she was sleepy! She dumped a bunch of sugar in her cold tea and lifted the cup.

“Briana, don’t you dare. It’s past your bedtime.” Veronica said.

“But I want to stay up with Grandma. I’m supposed to have a sleepover with Melody.” Briana said, looking up at Grandma pleadingly.

“Grandma’s not going to be up all that longer either. If you want me to read you a story, bedtime should be now. You can have your sleepover tomorrow.” Grandma said.

Pouting, Briana hesitated. Mom’s eyes narrowed and she knew she was defeated. She put the cup down and climbed to her feet.

“My room is upstairs and sometimes it’s hard to walk with a big diaper on. Can you help me go upstairs, Grandma?”

Veronica and Jane beamed at Briana. (Santa Points +1) Grandma chuckled ruefully and nodded. Briana made a big show of having Grandma hold her around the waist as they climbed the stairs.

“Your mom has you well set up. This is a beautiful room.” Grandma said, as she ‘helped’ Briana to her crib. Michelle sat down heavily in the chair next to the crib as soon as Briana was in bed.

“Grandma, I don’t know what Mom said about me, but if you have questions and stuff…”

“Shh.” Grandma plucked the pacifier off the crib and pressed it to Briana’s lips. “Not tonight.”

“Someday soon, I’m going to take you on a day outing. You and I will have a long conversation about how you are, and how our family is. It’ll be at our own pace, with plenty of time. Right now it’s time for stories and for babies to sleep.”

With a nod and a happy sigh, Briana took the pacifier in her mouth. Grandma picked a book at random and started reading. She was really good at doing the different character voices. Briana snuggled deep into her blankets, excited to get the Grandma version of every one of her books.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Michelle seems like an amazing woman. She's probably what in her 70s? 80? and more accepting then my parents ever were.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

Michelle seems like an amazing woman. She's probably what in her 70s? 80? and more accepting then my parents ever were.

A bit younger than that. Veronica is late 20s, Kiara is early 30s, Michelle is early 60s. 

She seems a lot older (deliberately so from a story perspective) because of her current health issues.

• SolSombraYSoldados changed the title to Little Sister Briana CH 40 (The Finale!) 11/07/21