LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disgusting

14 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

Which is why when people talk about banning the AR-15 because they think it's a weapon of mass destruction, the AR-15 is only chambered in 5.56/.223. It's semi auto and not fully auto. the only fully auto is the M-4 that only the Military has.

And countries with strict gun laws has rising crime rates.

@Kawaharu

Agreed:  It takes a LOT to get a CCW/Pistol permit - I don't see the AR-15 being an issue - What the issue is:  Mayor Adams (NYC Mayor) had a press conference, during which he was telling people about the number of guns on the streets.  In this case, he was referring to "ghost guns and kits" that you can buy ONLINE and for cheap:  There are NO serial numbers, NO way to track these weapons, and they are the type that can be MADE FULLY AUTO with a few modifications  These weapons end up in the UNDERGROUND, and are used by criminals committing crimes and shootings and all that.  There are online companies that NY is going after, making it impossible for them to sell these things in NY, and since there is NO WAY to track these weapons, they are doubly dangerous - I think it is high time that they make these type of guns harder to obtain, because doing it this way, is a way AROUND each of the requirements you stated.  

What we NEED to do is make the guns that are in the underground dry up, but that is a hard thing to do, because LEGAL GUN OWNERS like you, my brother, my father, and other family members know the laws, and they respect them, and they use guns appropriately -  Bad guys steal guns from the legal owners and then they cycle into the underground.   My brother owns his guns, and served in the Coast Guard, and protected us from a whole host of bad guys, and each time he boarded a vessel, he dealt with the possibility that something bad could happen - Lucky for him and me, that it did NOT, but there is always some bad dude that wants to get illegal goods past you, so you have to be PREPARED to use your weapons, and hope you don't have to - That is what happens I guess.

I am NOT sure that you COULD get rid of guns from the criminal underground, but it would be Nice to see something done, so that the ones that own LEGAL WEAPONS are the ones that should have them, and ones that should NOT have them should NOT be able to get guns from other sources - I worry that unless we are able to keep guns away from those that should not have them, we are going to see this happen again, because the places where people should feel SAFE are slowly becoming NOT safe, and there ARE ways to do this, and make it safer, without taking legal gun owners rights away!

I also agree that you could have the STRICTIST Gun Laws in the country or the world, and you are going to have rising crime rates.  I don't know how to solve this, but for example:  The UK does NOT allow people to own guns, and the police and the military have them.  That does NOT stop a criminal from using a KNIFE to kill/hurt someone, and there is always the underground.

I don't want to see anyone else shot - BUT in order for that to be a reality, so people are SAFE, there needs to be compromise - Punish that dude that was a LEGAL purchaser of the weapons he had, and make it harder for this to happen again, but LEAVE the ones that are doing the right things alone - Not sure how this could happen, but we can't afford to do nothing :(

Brian

Maybe in some states.   In Virginia, it took me 20 minutes to take an online course and about two weeks wait after I applied.   Other states have even less requirements.

Down here in NC, it's only slightly more restrictive, but the gun laws here are rooted in still RACIST history designed to allow the local sheriff to deny the ownership of a handgun to any black person while routinely approving white gunowners.

AR15s outside of California are pretty much unregulated.    I went through a cursory state check to buy the lower receiver (which really is just a hollow hunk of metal).    Nothing else is tracked.

34 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

Agreed:  It takes a LOT to get a CCW/Pistol permit - I don't see the AR-15 being an issue - What the issue is:  Mayor Adams (NYC Mayor) had a press conference, during which he was telling people about the number of guns on the streets.  In this case, he was referring to "ghost guns and kits" that you can buy ONLINE and for cheap:  There are NO serial numbers, NO way to track these weapons, and they are the type that can be MADE FULLY AUTO with a few modifications  These weapons end up in the UNDERGROUND, and are used by criminals committing crimes and shootings and all that.  There are online companies that NY is going after, making it impossible for them to sell these things in NY, and since there is NO WAY to track these weapons, they are doubly dangerous - I think it is high time that they make these type of guns harder to obtain, because doing it this way, is a way AROUND each of the requirements you stated.  

Those so called Ghost guns are nothing more than 80% guns because under Federal law such as the National Firearms act and the Gun control act of 1968, you can build your own firearm as long as you don't sell it. You can buy all the parts to build the gun but federal law says you own it and can't sell it. If you do sell it, you have to get an FFL which is a Federal Firearms License from the ATF and pay a $200 dollar tax stamp.

Here's the two Federal laws that regulate them

National Firearms act: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act

Gun control Act of 1968: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/gun-control-act

The reality here is that NO amount of GUN laws on the books is NEVER gona stop a criminal or a mentally unstable person from committing a crime. What they do need to do is make the Penalties a lot stricter, harsher and make it where if you commit a crime with a gun, that adds more years to your prison sentence. The same as if your caught selling drugs in a school zone, the Penalties multiply. I'm all for enforcing the current gun laws on the books and making the penalties lot harsher for those convicted of a crime with a gun.

21 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Maybe in some states.   In Virginia, it took me 20 minutes to take an online course and about two weeks wait after I applied.   Other states have even less requirements.

Down here in NC, it's only slightly more restrictive, but the gun laws here are rooted in still RACIST history designed to allow the local sheriff to deny the ownership of a handgun to any black person while routinely approving white gunowners.

AR15s outside of California are pretty much unregulated.    I went through a cursory state check to buy the lower receiver (which really is just a hollow hunk of metal).    Nothing else is tracked.

In some states, it tougher because the backlog of background checks that the state police have to go through. It could take as long as 6 months because the number of people assigned to do the paperwork on those gun permit applications. It's why in MOST states, they still have to run a background check through the FBI and every database they have to make sure your not flagged for anything. Some states are constitutional carry states which means as long as your not mentally ill, convicted felon, prison inmate or on parole, you can buy, own and carry a gun. I know curtain states, if your on psychiatric drugs or under psychiatric care, your barred from owning a GUN.

Now what you said, is wrong because it's not up to the sheriff. The Sheriff can make their recommendation but ultimately the state has the final say in letting you have GUN permit.

AR-15's, you can own one as long as your not a mentally ill, convicted felon, prison inmate or on parole. I know because my brother owns an AR-15 and me and him go out to the Range alot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kawaharu said:

Which is why when people talk about banning the AR-15 because they think it's a weapon of mass destruction, the AR-15 is only chambered in 5.56/.223. It's semi auto and not fully auto. the only fully auto is the M-4 that only the Military has.

And countries with strict gun laws has rising crime rates.

As to the AR 15 not being a weapon of mass destruction, Google AR 15 binery trigger. A gun is nothing more than a tool. I've known plenty of hunters in the past that used sporterized military weapons because they were surplus, obsolete for military use and plentiful. A tool that was designed to kill humans at a distance was well suited for big game. That doesn't change the fact that the AR 15 is a military assault rifle and just because you can use it to hunt deer doesn't change that. A binery trigger is legal in many states and can be bought online. It makes firing even faster than a bump stock. 

I'm a gun owner like you. I have held CCW permits in two different states I lived in. I live in Kansas now which is a constitutional carry state. How ridiculous is it when anyone of age that can pass a background check can carry a concealed weapon. One of our political parties backed by the NRA has been pushing this through every state they hold a majority. I never minded taking the CCW class. I learned some valuable information yet the NRA and their political hacks oppose it vehemently. It defies common sense.

Hugs,

Freta 

• Like 1

If people want to consider owning a gun but they can't due to legal reasons or that your unable to get a gun permit. Their's one option that's called the Byrna. and here's their Video and website

Byrna: https://byrna.com/

5 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

As to the AR 15 not being a weapon of mass destruction, Google AR 15 binery trigger. A gun is nothing more than a tool. I've known plenty of hunters in the past that used sporterized military weapons because they were surplus, obsolete for military use and plentiful. A tool that was designed to kill humans at a distance was well suited for big game. That doesn't change the fact that the AR 15 is a military assault rifle and just because you can use it to hunt deer doesn't change that. A binery trigger is legal in many states and can be bought online. It makes firing even faster than a bump stock. 

I'm a gun owner like you. I have held CCW permits in two different states I lived in. I live in Kansas now which is a constitutional carry state. How ridiculous is it when anyone of age that can pass a background check can carry a concealed weapon. One of our political parties backed by the NRA has been pushing this through every state they hold a majority. I never minded taking the CCW class. I learned some valuable information yet the NRA and their political hacks oppose it vehemently. It defies common sense.

Hugs,

Freta 

I'm in the Military and their's a world of difference between the AR-15 and M-4. When people say the AR-15 is weapon of mass destruction, they clearly don't know what the hell they are talking about. If you ever operated an M-4 and AR-15, you would know the difference

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

If people want to consider owning a gun but they can't due to legal reasons or that your unable to get a gun permit. Their's one option that's called the Byrna. and here's their Video and website

I'm in the Military and their's a world of difference between the AR-15 and M-4. When people say the AR-15 is weapon of mass destruction, they clearly don't know what the hell they are talking about. If you ever operated an M-4 and AR-15, you would know the difference

I will admit I have no experience with an M4. I am not a veteran and have no military training. To my knowledge an AR 15 is the civilian version of am M16. The only difference is that the military version has a selector switch for semi auto, 3 shot burst and full auto and the civilian version has no switch and only operates on semi auto. I have used an AR 15 and it was fun to shoot. My issue is that a binary trigger allows the gun to fire each time the trigger is pulled and again when the trigger is released. This allows a shooter to unload a 30 round magazine in 30 seconds. If I have said anything that isn't factual please feel free to correct me. I believe knowledge is power and I would prefer to be corrected than parrot misinformation.

Hugs,

Freta

17 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

I understand what you're saying and I don't disagree that what is taught is a big part of the problem. What I disagree with is that changing what is taught is the solution. Changing what is taught in schools could help but it will never really solve the problem of mass shootings. Children are in school maybe 6 hours a day and with their family the other 18. You can't get around that. No matter what is taught in schools you can't force parents to reinforce those lessons. In fact, you can't stop parents from teaching their children just the opposite of the responsibility that school may be trying to teach. The other problem with this approach is that we can't control what children see in the media. You can put a "mature" label on very violent video games but you can't stop parents from letting their young children play them. This type of solution works best in a country with a dictatorship form of government and becomes less effective as you get more freedom.

Since we can't control people or their thoughts the best solution is to mitigate the damage. I agree that a person would most likely carry a bag of smaller magazines and swapping out mags to reload can be quick especially with practice. I also know that someone with a 75 round magazine or a 100 round drum is a bigger threat than someone with a bag of mags. At least with small magazines the perpetrator is vulnerable for the interval of time they are reloading. A person has zero chance against an attacker with a loaded weapon but they have a chance against an attacker with an empty weapon. I think under the circumstances some chance is always preferable to no chance, at least in my mind it is.

Hugs,

Freta

what we need is to start holding the parents accountable when their kids do wrong, and be VERY harsh when they do, if for example a kid bullies someone, a simple detention or suspension isnt enough, if they wont obey the rules they are less likely to obey the law, not only should the punishment for bullying be harsh, the parents should have to answer for it as well, STRONGLY, and all involved should be shamed for it. there was a time when getting in trouble in school meant you were getting it at home too, so kids had to anticipate that, and knowing mom or dad was gonna say the dreaded words "go cut me a switch" scared a lot of the shit outa them, so they behaved more, that was the same time kids took guns to school, we got away from that. we need a return to good old fashioned discipline.

11 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

what branch do you serve in?

I think the focus on this issue needs to be on helping those who may be facing mental instability or seeking to turn their life around.  The US leadership has a long history of exploiting its people for short term gains and this has led to the cultural environment we have today.  Things like red flag laws and harsh gun control laws only convey the message that "we don't want to pay for your mental health care, nor do we care about your rights."  If these are both turned around, our society will see an improvement.

It's a lot like the issues regarding the physical environment.  We could have taken action but have remained negligent for decades and are now facing a situation that is disproportionately worse.  Creating a sustainable social culture is likely the best way to fix this.

22 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

Now what you said, is wrong because it's not up to the sheriff. The Sheriff can make their recommendation but ultimately the state has the final say in letting you have GUN permit.

No, sorry, YOU are wrong.    The NC pistol permit (as opposed to the CCW), is issuance is entirely at the discretion at the sheriff.   If the sheriff never forwards the application along to the court clerk for issuance you don't get one.   It is specifically rooted in racist legislation of the past.

The CCW on the other hand is a SHALL ISSUE.   If you bring all your stuff (fingerprints, court completion, fee) to the sheriff, and you aren't disqualified under law, then it goes to the state for issuance.