LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Catheter Design

I wasn't sure if this was better placed in 'Incontinence - Medial' or 'Incontinence - Desires', as I can see it belonging in both.

In any case, I came across this today:

https://www.healthcarepackaging.com/quick-hits/article/21307192/new-smart-catheter-helps-with-bladder-control

by

https://www.urodevmedical.com

As the site points out, "The IntelliFlow™ System is currently an Investigational Device. Limited by Federal (United States) law to investigational use.".  It's not publicly available yet, but looked potentially promising both for those dealing with bladder incontinence as well as those trying to emulate bladder incontinence.

In addition the sphincter is equipped by an automatic safety system that allows the opening of it above a threshold.

Now we just need to lower that threshold and everyone can be incontinent. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Dubious said:

Now we just need to lower that threshold and everyone can be incontinent. 

I am still convinced that everyone can make his or her own stent. Mine is so easy to build that I simply cannot believe that I am one of the few who managed to make myself incontinent. All it takes is a strong desire, a little courage, a lot of patience and perseverance and a strong retrieval line of course. ? But you have to do it yourself. Only you can figure out the correct shape and sizes for your urethra.

• Like 1

Hmm …………….. I looked at both of the medical designs and I do have to say they look interesting. Both designs need to be activated to open up and that is just the thing I want to avoid, but that is me. I think these stents need to be installed / placed by an urologist, and I think every so now and then they need to be replaced. Most likely cost a small fortune so it is no option for me. I’ll stick with my two dollar homemade version which does the job just fine and in the way I prefer and want it to.

8 hours ago, cathdiap said:

I am still convinced that everyone can make his or her own stent. Mine is so easy to build that I simply cannot believe that I am one of the few who managed to make myself incontinent. All it takes is a strong desire, a little courage, a lot of patience and perseverance and a strong retrieval line of course. ? But you have to do it yourself. Only you can figure out the correct shape and sizes for your urethra.

Most people is not adventurous, and wont even use a catheter.

I have tried catheter, but it wasn't in my comfort zone, so I have never tried it again, and most likely wont, so then a homemade stent is way out there.

I would however consider a medical stent inserted by a professional, I just wont do it myself. 

• Like 1

With the personal experience I've had, don't feel like you're missing something if you don't have the mental constitution for stents. It's serious, dangerous, and scary (if you haven't thought of everything).

It would be really nice to see more options like this in the marketplace because almost no one with the right biomedical engineering background is in this group to advise us. Further, the research on the topic isn't done with an eye toward the outcome we desire. Third, I doubt that any of these products would be for sale to the general public (and I bet we don't have the tools to put it in place.

So, designing your own stent is the only way to achieve incontinence...mostly, and it is perilous. There's information in these threads, but you need to over-plan and accept no compromises. I can always feel my stent, so this isn't the perfect solution, either.

Both the linked catheter and stent have the advantage of being able to be 'opened' or 'closed' by a wireless external device.  Either could be left open and then be virtually identical to the more adventurous and less sanitary homemade stents people have talked about in these forums.  Neither has to be left open of course, and they're not intended to be. 

The obvious advantage of the linked catheter over the linked stent is that it can be self inserted and removed.  Also, the catheter is being presented as a common replacement for traditional catheters, with a selling point being only needing one per week instead of multiple per day.  This should mean ready availability assuming the product passes its investigational phase successfully.

Both wireless devices used to control opening/closing in these products are magnetic.  The stent appears to simply open or close based on the flipping of magnetic poles.  Presumably the catheter mechanism is similar in nature.  Aside from the obvious possible use of a more powerful magnet to open/close the catheter from further away (and through a worn diaper), there's the real potential for something like a homemade programmable pocket electromagnet that could open and close the catheter periodically on it's own on semi-random, unpredictable intervals.  Such a thing may sound very sci-fi to some, but it really wouldn't be that difficult to create.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, coder_01 said:

Both the linked catheter and stent have the advantage of being able to be 'opened' or 'closed' by a wireless external device.  Either could be left open and then be virtually identical to the more adventurous and less sanitary homemade stents people have talked about in these forums.  Neither has to be left open of course, and they're not intended to be. 

The obvious advantage of the linked catheter over the linked stent is that it can be self inserted and removed.  Also, the catheter is being presented as a common replacement for traditional catheters, with a selling point being only needing one per week instead of multiple per day.  This should mean ready availability assuming the product passes its investigational phase successfully.

Both wireless devices used to control opening/closing in these products are magnetic.  The stent appears to simply open or close based on the flipping of magnetic poles.  Presumably the catheter mechanism is similar in nature.  Aside from the obvious possible use of a more powerful magnet to open/close the catheter from further away (and through a worn diaper), there's the real potential for something like a homemade programmable pocket electromagnet that could open and close the catheter periodically on it's own on semi-random, unpredictable intervals.  Such a thing may sound very sci-fi to some, but it really wouldn't be that difficult to create.

Imagine having a magnet on your key ring in your pocket with the Relief artificial sphincter. What fun that might be! Nothing showing externally and random voids as your keys jingle in your pocket.

The ideal situation would be a Bluetooth module that could be paired with your phone or someone else's. It could be triggered on a proximity to one phone or used like any other Internet of Things device controlled through an app.

Neither indicated how it would function during a sexual encounter. The metal one looks pretty ominous if you are going to get rough.

I can see this really handy for bed wetters. Set it for a few random events throughout the night.

Since we know it has a safeguard pressure relief valve, all that is needed is a lighter relief spring.

As I grow older, I'd be tempted to "develop" symptoms and have one of these implanted when they are available for public use.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, t1507885@nwytg.net said:

https://www.reliefsrl.com/

I think this item seems great.
Although the metallic color seems a little scary......

Looking more at the mechanism in this one vs the 'connected catheter', it seems like a variation on a solenoid valve.  The valve is normally shut, with a spring pushing a weight against the opening as the default closed position, and then an externally applied magnetic field pushing the weight against the spring and into the open position.  If so, it explains how the valve would have a threshold for release - anytime the bladder pressure on the weight exceeds the force exerted by the spring it would leak.  Unfortunately, it also implies that the state can't be toggled between open and closed so much as it defaults to closed and can be opened for the duration that an external magnetic field is applied.  It does make one wonder what the likelihood is of the spring wearing out over time though.

Edit:

For the sake of contrast, the 'connected catheter' device is relying on the rotation of a tiny magnet when within a sufficiently strong external magnetic field to rotate an attached threaded Titanium shaft to open and close it's valve.  The direction of the magnetic field controls how strongly it rotates in one direction or the other, so by reversing the current in an electromagnet with the 'open' and 'close' buttons of their tool they rotate the shaft to open or close the valve accordingly.  Outside of a magnetic field there wouldn't be any rotation at all though, so the valve would remain in its current state (open or closed) until another magnetic field is introduced.  It's not clear to me that they have any kind of overflow mechanism though.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, coder_01 said:

Aside from the obvious possible use of a more powerful magnet to open/close the catheter from further away (and through a worn diaper), there's the real potential for something like a homemade programmable pocket electromagnet that could open and close the catheter periodically on it's own on semi-random, unpredictable intervals.  Such a thing may sound very sci-fi to some, but it really wouldn't be that difficult to create.

A fictional story where a woman is fitted with one of these—e.g., as part of an extended BDSM session or even as a sort of dystopian punishment—would be amazing.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, brucejedi said:

A fictional story where a woman is fitted with one of these—e.g., as part of an extended BDSM session or even as a sort of dystopian punishment—would be amazing.

Oh, I've already had those ideas in my head. Delicious, isn't it?

On 4/24/2022 at 6:55 AM, cathdiap said:

I think what it is, is that you've probably spent more time than most people making, shaping, using, and producing stents. If I am typical, I've made about 3 stents and none of them work perfectly, and I've been discouraged for a long time. I am going to get back into it at some point. My point is, maybe you're just one of the higher achieving ones in our community? There's nothing wrong with that. And if that's the case, you can't say you're typical. So in the end, it makes sense either way why there's a stepping stone into making quality stents. It takes time that most people don't regularly have.

But in the end, you'll do what you need to do.