LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long should diapers Last in your “go bag”?

~Brian~

Good afternoon:

I am wondering how long the diapers that you have in your “go bag“, regardless of what type it is, should remain in your go bag before you decide to replace the ones that are there with new ones. The purpose of this question is to find out how long unused diapers can remain in your go bag and still remain usable, before they start either breaking down or not being as effective.

example: in my go bag I carry five mega max diapers. When I get down to about two of them in my go bag, I replace the number of diapers that I remove with fresh ones. Because of the pandemic, I still had my go bag, but I didn’t have to change the contents as often, because I wasn’t going into work every day. I have used three diapers out of that bag in at least four years, but I’m not sure how long the remaining diapers should remain in my bag, even though they are unused and they are still clean, before you replace them?

Do disposable diapers that you have in your go bag, that you have not used eventually break down? I know that sometimes you would go in and add things to your go bag so you are up to speed on all your topicals or your disposal bags, or whatever you’re using, but I’m not sure if the diapers should be replaced let’s say every six months to a year with brand new ones because they’ve been in my bag so long?

I would be interested to find out what people think about this: if I have to, I will go in and replace every diaper in my go back to make sure that they are fresh, but I just wanted to make sure that they don’t start breaking down, so that you would have to replace them without knowing it.

Brian

Good question, @~Brian~, and one I don't have an answer to. I have a go-bag in my car that has sometimes been there for months before a diaper gets called into service, and in the summer, it can get pretty hot in a car. 

I have a pretty wide selection of diapers in my basement inventory, some of which I have had for a couple of years now, and I can say that those ones seem to be holding up fine, although it doesn't get as hot or cold in my basement as it would in a parked car. 

I know that some of you here have bought and sold vintage or out-of-production baby & ABDL diapers; what has your experience been with respect to how long they still work as diapers? Is there a point beyond which the adhesives on the tabs start to lose their stick?

One thing I can comment on is that diapers stored for a prolonged period in a high-humidity environment can become a bit "crunchy"; I had this happen with a bag of Pampers Swaddlers size 7 within a case, that was opened by my wife, and left in the basement without being re-sealed properly. The rest of the diapers in the bag seemed to have absorbed some moisture, and then dried out again, so that they felt a bit like they had crystalized sugar or salt in them. However they still seemed to work fine - the person wearing them did not complain about it. I have not seen this with any of my ABDL diapers, but presumably, it could happen. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your responses: it stands to reason that whatever diaper you have in your bag or however many diapers you have in your bag, the time must remain dry to be able to be usable. What I mostly was afraid of was that eventually as has been discussed the tapes would end up having less stick or that the diaper would somehow degrade, meaning that the diapers quality would go down a little by sitting in my go bag. Luckily I keep everything in my go bag dry, and the only place that might be wet would be if I had wet clothes or had a water bottle that was sweating or leaking. 

I will be checking my bag in the next couple of days to make sure the diapers are still good and that there is nothing wet in it. I still have to add a couple things to my bag because I haven’t, but eventually I will. I will let you know if there is any problem with them, and I will definitely tag @NorthShoreAdam so he sees this thread. I have a feeling that NORTHSHORE mega maxes will last a long time, but I just figured I’d ask because I think I’ve had the same diapers in my bag for over a year, simply because since I wasn’t working I wasn’t changing every day, because I have the best diapers available. ??

Brian

• Like 1

Well, the manufacturers will likely fall back on an "expiration date" from whenever they were manufactured - and would likely not want to guarantee anything for legal purposes.  

As far as longevity - I've pulled some out of my archives that are at least 5 years ... sometimes much older and they still work just fine.   Heat/cold/humidity cycles are going to be the enemy.  But if stored in a relatively controlled environment, there's no reason they can't last for many years.  I would say the tapes will be the first thing to suffer from long-term storage, but so far, I haven't had any issues.   For example, I have a decent stash of original Crinklz - ordered 3 cases from Germany after they were discontinued (should have bought more, but shipping cost more than the diapers!).  That was over 6 years ago.  I wore one last summer (took pictures for a thread on them in the photos section) and it held just fine. 

• Like 2

With me, I have a diaper bag for when things gets really BAD and when I have a massive blow out. When I can't can't bring my diaper bag with me and I leave it in the car, I have a portable diaper changing pad with me that's discrete and I can carry one diaper, one booster and a small amount of wipes. My main diaper bag is always in the car with me to make sure I am well supplied and kept in diapers all the time.

The question here is whether diapers "expire."  Some infant diapers have a marked expiry date, but most do not.  For those that do, it sometimes is five years.  I do not know of an expiration date for adult diapers.  

I have done some research on this and many diapers are usable after ten or more years in storage.  The adhesives in the tapes usually is the first part to degrade.  That can be fixed simply by reinforcing the tapes (no need to trash the diaper).

If you store diapers in the trunk of your car where they are subject to heat, humidity, and cold, they still should last for at least two years.  I routinely change the diapers in my "disaster kit" in the car trunk every two years but have not found any problems with the ones I had stored.

If your "go bag" is kept indoors, the diapers should be serviceable for many years.

--John

(double incontinent)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 10:39 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

For example, I have a decent stash of original Crinklz - ordered 3 cases from Germany after they were discontinued (should have bought more, but shipping cost more than the diapers!).  That was over 6 years ago.  I wore one last summer (took pictures for a thread on them in the photos section) and it held just fine. 

When was this?  I just bought a case of originals, a case of Aquanauts and two cases of Astronauts.  Are you saying that the ones now differ in some way to those six years ago or that they discontinued them and then started making then again?

I'm confused. ?

10 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

When was this?  I just bought a case of originals, a case of Aquanauts and two cases of Astronauts.  Are you saying that the ones now differ in some way to those six years ago or that they discontinued them and then started making then again?

I'm confused. ?

THE "OG" Crinklz, or "v1" were originally made in China.   I don't remember the exact year (2015 perhaps?), but Thrust Vector set up production in Europe and that's when the current "v2 original" was released.  They owned the character/artwork, but not the tooling.  So they started fresh.    So - it's been 7 years since I got my stash - but when I posted this thread (below), it was only just over 6 years.