LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worst shoes

So my work has decided ( well they actually got told to by some government safety department) to provide us with work shoes and they are the most heavy uncomfortable hard as a rock shoes to wear and yes I did put cushion inserts in and they are still hard as a rock. I think they went with the cheapest ones they could get I would rather buy my own.

16 hours ago, Newbee said:

So my work has decided ( well they actually got told to by some government safety department) to provide us with work shoes and they are the most heavy uncomfortable hard as a rock shoes to wear and yes I did put cushion inserts in and they are still hard as a rock. I think they went with the cheapest ones they could get I would rather buy my own.

@Newbee

The last time I was in the hospital as an inpatient, I met some of my care team that actually took care of me while I was in the hospital. The ladies that took care of me and showed me some of the particular shoes they wore. She was they had were basically made out of rubber, and I mean real rubber. These things were squeaky, and they were really really rubbery. These type of shoes were designed for those that work with individuals on the wards.  Guess the reason why nurses and aids wear shoes like this is because if someone were to have an accident, or someone were to get sick, and they end up getting all over the caregiver, it is easy to actually take the shoes off and clean them up real easy with a wipe or something to that affect.

The downside, is that these things are very hot. Natural vulcanized rubber has that Quality, and if you are wearing shoes that are real rubber, there are obvious disadvantages such as the fact that they get hot really really easy. I don’t think I’d ever want to wear a pair of shoes that were real rubber, but I also don’t think that I want to wear steel toed shoes unless there was a reason for it. I even had a situation where I had a shoe/boot combination that were steel toe, and I ended up wearing my boots, and the next thing I know I had cut my toe because of the way these things were designed. 

I guess what happened was that I was wearing the shoes, and one of the things that would happen is I would scuff these steel toed boots. After so much scuffing, it became evident that the steel toe was showing through the boot itself, and in several occasions I ended up with a cut on my toes because of this. I stopped wearing steel toed shoes after I stopped wearing orthotic braces because I did not want to have someone be able to step on my toes or step on my feet and hurt me. But the heavier orthotic shoes made it impossible for someone to Hurt me unless someone slammed there heal into my foot.

is my hope that you were able to find shoes that are more comfortable for you. If you were on your feet all day long, and you are walking long distances you want the most comfortable shoes that you can get for the money. Hopefully if you find that there is a pair that would satisfy your requirements, your employer would give you the opportunity to use these shoes. When you are on your feet all day, you want the support that your shoes provide you, and after having worn orthotic shoes for so many years, I know what that is like, and I also know what it is like if they take the springs out of them, because my braces would not flex, which ended up making it so that my walking style was on my tiptoes.

I wish you luck.

Brian

• Like 1

Working in the environment that I do, we need anti slip shoes, or you end up falling on your ass, or even getting hurt.

They have a shoe vendor for anti slip shoes called "shoes for crews", which are expensive, but junk. No inner padding or support, and they just dont last. Plus, we have to lay for them.

I figured if I have to buy shoes as said above, I'll get something better, which I did!

For about the same money, I get much better shoes at 'Big 5' sporting goods!!! Much better quality, thicker soles, and inner cushening, and far more comfy!! 

Sure it is an extra expense, but when you are on your feet all day, on a hard tile floor, comfy shoes are a must. Buying your own is just an investment in your own care. Yeah, employers are going to offer garbage products, but if you can get around that, buy your own, and be happier, and save your feet!! ??