LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fecal Incontinence

Even though I'm in diapers full time I try to do my bowel movements in the potty. I don't enjoy a load in my diaper, I never had. For the last couple years I've had very loose stools, or like a combination of liquid and mush. I have had an accident in jeans with no diaper and a couple where I was just wearing a bathrobe and didn't make it to the toilet. My partner said I was no longer allowed to go commando in the house, no exceptions. Being full time was better for the both of us.

Earlier this week I had to run some errands while my partner was at work. I was well diapered in a Confidry 24/7 which is my regular wear. I have to drive 40 miles one way to the stores so we don't waste trips. I had a shopping list for groceries, I had to pick up one thing at Walmart, a stop at a hardware store to exchange a part they ordered wrong and a stop at my partners grandparents on the way home to pick up some stuff. I was at my first stop at the hardware store. I took care of having them reorder the part they screwed up and then I stopped to pick up 1 item in the hardware dept. While I was walking to the checkout I felt the pressure of an imminent BM. I put all my effort into holding it back and managed to get mostly checked out before I felt it slipping out. Despite all my effort I could feel it just continuing as I walked out of the store. I got to my truck and got in still trying to hold back the tide and sitting did help for a bit. I texted my partner and told her I was heading directly home and why. By the time I got home the entire load was in my diaper. I do have to give credit to the diaper I wear, the leak guards performed flawlessly and nothing leaked out. This was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The next day I called my doctor to make an appointment but it was his out of office day. The receptionist asked me what the problem was and I told her it was embarrassing because I really didn't want to tell her. She said "there is no embarrassing" so I told her I was experiencing fecal Incontinence. She asked me if she could have the nurse contact me so I told her yes. The nurse contacted me later and I explained everything to her. She asked me whether I was having stomach pain (no) she asked what meds I'm on and I told her my hormones have the possible side effect but I had already lowered my dose after my last visit with the doctor. I had told him about my bowel issues. She suggested I try the BRAT diet for 2 days and see if it helps and to call back and make an appt. if it didn't. BRAT is an acronym for bananas, rice, apples & toast. Evidently it's bland and gives your stomach a chance to rest up. Day 1 no bowel movement. Day 2 solid for the the first time in I don't know how long. Today back to loose after eating more normal. I haven't decided whether to make the appointment or just keep switching foods to see which ones are causing me problems. I guess I'll see how the weekend is and make a decision Monday.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

Bowel continence, despite what people tend to believe, is based on how liquid ones diet is. An infant on a breast milk diet has zero bowel control mainly due to the liquid diet, not the sphincter strength / control. When the baby moves to a solid food, their poop firms up, but due to habitual actions and not knowing better, will mess their diaper.

A toilet trained individual will mess themselves (as most can remember) with a bout of diarrhea, which itself is caused by an irritation of the lower intestine. As a result, the body expunges anything that causes it issues in liquid form, and anal sphincters are very poor at holding liquid.

In your case, FretaBWet, there is something in your diet / medication that is not suiting you, and I suspect it is within your diet considering that BRAT solidified you up a bit. I wouldn't think that it is something you eat, more like a reaction to something you eat combined with medication, so switching foods might give you an answer. However, your doctors should have the knowledge to identify this more quickly, but you will have to provide the full list of your diet, including all the extras. Again, it also could be an infection, which would only be found from the result of a blood test etc.

See your doctor first.

• Like 1

@FretaBWet

I agree.  @babykeiffMay be onto something. As you grow older, there are certain things that you can eat when you’re younger, and they don’t cause you any problem. As you get older however, things that you used to like, or indulging and eat on a regular basis can be something that will cause your bowels to want to reject anything that irritates them to a certain level. For example. I used to love to eat tomatoes, and I still eat tomatoes, but what happens is in my case is that my acid reflux can cause a lot of trouble if I don’t take my medicine that deals with my acid reflux.

Certain foods can cause your bowels  to loosen, or or your habits to change. It can depend on what you eat, or how much you eat. I would however, also encourage you to see your doctor, and when you do, tell him or her exactly what is going on and do not leave out anything. I have always been taught that the best thing to do is to tell your doctor everything going on, because the only way he can help you is if you were honest with him. When I had to go in and I asked him for diapers, that was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but I saw that I would have to make that choice eventually, and since I was having problems in 2019, I figured that it was time. In 2021 I decided to go 24 seven, so like you most times I will use the toilet when I go number two if I can, but other than that everything goes into the diaper. If I have to use the diaper for that purpose I have no problem with it now, but it can cause trouble if I am away from home or unable to change.

as has been suggested I would see your doctor and make sure everything is OK. No sense in worrying that there Maybe something wrong, if there is not. But it is always a good idea if something changes to go to the doctor and have it investigated. That way you know what is going on, and if necessary you can change the way you deal with your bathroom habits if that is what has to happen.

Good luck!

Brian

Thanks @Brian& @babykeifffor your replies. I believe both of you are correct. On my last doctor's appointment in August I told him I was wearing diapers to deal with my urinary issues and I was diapered for the appointment. I also discussed my loose stools and I told him this was the issue that was the problem. I told him I was on a high dose of estradiol daily 8 mg's and a side effect of hormone replacement was often loose BM's. Unfortunately and fortunately I have low blood pressure so I can't take spirinalactone to lower my androgen levels so I use high doses of estradiol to overcome the androgen. I asked him if I could drop my dosage to 6 mg's per day which might help and he approved.

I think honestly it's a combination of my meds and the natural aging process and how that affects the digestive system. I know for certain milk will give my the runs but I love my cereal in the morning so for the last couple years I only eat cereal at least 3 days apart. I also LOVE ice cream but after the last accident I stopped completely. Like anything in life it's a tradeoff. It's as simple as which do I hate more, not eating what I love or pooping myself in public. I can tell you for sure i that I hate pooping in public way more. As of today I seem to be what most people would call regular so that is good. I'll let you know how it's going, where else but DD could you have this conversation and not get a lot of negativity.

Hugs,

freta

• Like 1

I have been having problems with loose stools for several years now. I finally told my doctor last year, and he said that can be a fairly normal part of aging. His suggestion was that I take a 1/2 tab of Imodium every day. It has made my poops solid enough that I can now get to a toilet on time. Before, it was often hit or miss, but sicne I wore diapers anyhow, it wasn't as big an issue.

• Like 1
On 1/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, FretaBWet said:

Thanks @Brian& @babykeifffor your replies. I believe both of you are correct. On my last doctor's appointment in August I told him I was wearing diapers to deal with my urinary issues and I was diapered for the appointment. I also discussed my loose stools and I told him this was the issue that was the problem. I told him I was on a high dose of estradiol daily 8 mg's and a side effect of hormone replacement was often loose BM's. Unfortunately and fortunately I have low blood pressure so I can't take spirinalactone to lower my androgen levels so I use high doses of estradiol to overcome the androgen. I asked him if I could drop my dosage to 6 mg's per day which might help and he approved.

I think honestly it's a combination of my meds and the natural aging process and how that affects the digestive system. I know for certain milk will give my the runs but I love my cereal in the morning so for the last couple years I only eat cereal at least 3 days apart. I also LOVE ice cream but after the last accident I stopped completely. Like anything in life it's a tradeoff. It's as simple as which do I hate more, not eating what I love or pooping myself in public. I can tell you for sure i that I hate pooping in public way more. As of today I seem to be what most people would call regular so that is good. I'll let you know how it's going, where else but DD could you have this conversation and not get a lot of negativity.

Hugs,

freta

@FretaBWet

Bowel incontinence and liquid aren’t always correlated but they often are. I too have realized my diet has impacted my bowels significantly. By changing my diet, my BMs changed from 6-8 per day, painful and loose to 2-4 per day, firm yet soft and better. I drink the same large volume of water. My diapers are a better solution for me versus alternatives which I am okay with. But only if I manage my diet. Otherwise it’s just too much time and mess to handle. 

I too love ice cream and milk. I would eat it every night. Now I may have one scoop or a bar instead of 4 or more. I take lactaid with any dairy. My wife is convinced the sugar doesn’t help my bowel incontinence either. 

For milk I too love cereal but I switched to Fair Life which is lactose free. Lactaid also makes lactose free milk and ice creams, which you may want to try.

Other things I’ve had to switch that help with pain associated with bowel incontinence and diapers are overly spicy foods and too much fried foods. Try the BRAT diet and that may help too. 

I’ve grown OK with bowel incontinence as a DL but still was forced to make diet changes. Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

Thank you @PuraVidaDipI did try the BRAT diet for 2 days as the nurse suggested and it did help. I went back to a regular diet afterwards and reverted to loose again. I'm convinced it's diet related so I've started keeping a food journal of everything I eat and a BM journal. This way I can start to link the cause to the effect. Once I figure out which foods are causing problems I'll cut them out of my diet. The only dairy products I've had is a little butter in my toast and a little in cooking. I also had cut out alcohol which didn't seem to make a difference so tonight I enjoyed a beer. I suspect pork is the worst offender so I've stopped eating that after bacon on Sunday morning. We'll see how it goes.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

This has been happening to me too.  I've been having loose movements/diarrhea for several years.  It has been annoying but no accidents until the past 6 months. When I first mentioned it to the Dr.  He told me it was just the Metformin I take for diabetes.  Then I got another Dr. who said the same thing.  When I got  new insurance plan my new primary care provider is a Physicians Assistant.  He was the only one that took it seriously and ordered a colonoscopy and made a referral to a GI doctor.  It took 3 months to get an appointment but I see him next week.  Hopefully he can get to the bottom of it. No pun intended.

I am someone who loves to wear diapers and need to wear to bed nightly.  I even enjoy wearing diapers during the day but needing them for a BM is not something I relish especially at work where I've actually had an accident and had to go home and change.

I hope you can get some relief from your issues.  Good luck.

A possible answer to IBS is the processed food stuffs. Most meats are highly processed and injected with salt/sugar water solution plus other chemicals / preservatives. This list of contents are normally a guarded secret and is changed on a daily/weekly basis depending on the availablilty of supply. This should be controlled by FDA etc (depending on the country), but due to the rapid nature this changes, the regulation only lists salt sugar water and one or two herbs. Some common products add so wierd products that it is surprising that the whold world does not suffer from some form of I.B.S.

Considering this forum, some here do not suffer from IBS... they enjoy it.

• Thanks 1