LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

An Unhappy Wife

An Unhappy Wife

Tired of staring at the ceiling in the dark, Hannah sat up in bed and glanced at the clock. 3:35 a.m. Waking up in the middle of the night had become an unwelcome habit as of late and she wasn’t happy about it, but nothing seemed to work to relax her mind and allow her to go back to sleep. As she had so many nights before, she decided to pass the time by evaluating just what was the cause of her restlessness.

She knew she had a good life. A loving husband, two wonderful children, and a life of relative ease. She’d married her first husband after she got pregnant with Abigail while still a teenager, but after a few years of tolerating his infidelity sued for divorce and got a large settlement along with a good-sized child support payment every month. Combine that with the money from Christopher’s lawsuit against his employer after the industrial accident at the plant six months ago and his disability payment and neither one of them would ever have to work again to live a comfortable, even a luxurious, life.

Not that she stayed idle, that simply wasn’t in her nature. She started up her own Etsy shop through which she sold one-of-a-kind curiosities that she found both online and by scouring the area’s garage and estate sales. Twice a year she’d travel around the country to increase her supply. She found that she had a talent for finding things that no one else saw value in until she cleaned them up and marketed them on her site. It kept her busy, gave her a purpose to her days, and made her happy.

She heard a soft groan to her left and looked over at her slumbering husband. In some ways he was absolutely the answer to any woman’s dreams. He was thoughtful, caring, affectionate, and a good father to both eighteen-year-old Abby, a lovable pain in the ass in her first semester at the local community college, and to Cassie, their own two-year-old bundle of energy. He and Abby had their conflicts when he was a little more strict than he should have been, but then teenagers needed a firm hand sometimes and she admitted that she herself was a little soft when it came to the kids. Yes, she was lucky to have found him.

And yet, she realized, it was also Christopher who was the source of her angst. The accident had caused a lot of damage to his internal organs, rendering him impotent. He did his best to satisfy her needs in other ways, but she was growing increasingly desirous of having a man inside her, to bring her the waves of pleasure that only penetration could achieve. She was at her sexual peak and even though she knew that her husband’s inability to give this to her wasn’t his fault, she found herself irritated with him all the same. More and more, thoughts of finding pleasure elsewhere occupied her thoughts, but she was loyal to the idea of institution of marriage, as well as to Christopher. As long as she saw him as her spouse, an affair was off the table.

But then there were the diapers. Along with the impotence came damage to his bladder, which gave him the control of a young toddler. He often didn’t know he had to go until the last minute, which had him rushing to the bathroom. This could be annoying, but during the day the effect on their lives was minimal. At night was a different matter. During Christopher’s first few weeks home from the hospital, he was getting up to pee three or four times during the night, disrupting Hannah’s sleep. Too many days in a row with only a few hours of sleep, combined with several wet beds, forced her to put her foot down and demand that he wear diapers at night. To his credit he only put up a token resistance and she’d diapered him before bed from that point on. The few times he’d tried to do it himself showed he couldn’t be trusted to get the diaper on tight enough to prevent leaks, so she assumed that responsibility.

But then there was the smell. The odor of a baby’s wet diaper didn’t bother Hannah, but then she didn’t sleep in a nursery where she had to breath in the stench of urine for eight hours straight. Having to actually share a bed with the source of the odor was the initial cause of her waking up, then her irritation at the situation kept her awake. It didn’t help that her husband and bedmate blissfully slept through the night in his sopping, stinking diaper.

None of this may have been his fault, but he could at least be considerate enough to share the consequences. Not once when he wet the bed, or the couple of times that his diaper leaked, did he offer to wash the sheets, leaving it up to her deal with his mess. Same with his underpants. Almost every day lately his underpants were wet by the end of the day and Christopher simply threw them in the hamper and expected her to wash them. This wasn’t the case until the last few weeks, leading Hannah to suspect that he was simply being lazy when it came to using the toilet. In fact, it dawned on her that even though he was home all day, he didn’t make dinner, clean, or do much of anything to help with the daily chores. Sloth was one thing she couldn’t tolerate, especially when it meant more work for her. Just thinking about it made her angrier than she could ever remember being.

That’s it, Hannah thought. If Christopher wouldn’t assume control of the situation, she would take charge. Starting that morning she would make some changes and he would have to accept them. Gleefully her mind began to create a checklist that would save her sanity. Eventually satisfied, she lowered her head to the pillow and, to her surprise, fell instantly asleep.

• Like 9

“Change rooms? I don’t understand, why would I do that?” Christopher was shell-shocked at his wife’s suggestion. He had no sooner sat down to breakfast at the kitchen table than Hannah broke the news. And by the tone of her voice, she made it sound like an order rather than a point up for discussion. He would have none of it. “We’re married and should be sharing a bed, that’s what married couples do. Besides, the only spare bedroom we have is Abby’s old room.”

Hannah was non-plussed; this was the reaction she’d expected and she was ready. “You’re always saying that you’ll do anything to make me happy,” she replied sweetly. “And this will make me happy. You want a happy wife, don’t you?”

“But why? You’ve never complained before.”

“Christopher, I just reached my breaking point. I was hoping I would adjust and get used to your smelly diapers, but that never happened. If anything, I think you’re wetting more than you used to. I need my sleep, dear, and unless you have another idea you need to sleep in Abby’s old room until we come up with a better solution.”

Christopher was momentarily without a response. He did want his wife to be happy, and in Hannah’s shifting the burden of a solution to him, he felt it necessary to come up with an idea, any idea, but nothing came to mind right away. He’d have to find another reason not to move.

“But dear, if I move into a separate bedroom, we couldn’t hide that from Abby, and how would we explain...”

“Explain what?” Abby entered the kitchen in a rush to grab a piece of toast or granola bar before heading off to school, but discovering something that her stepfather wanted hidden from her was too good to pass up. She could be late for geometry class. She got along with Christopher well enough, but at times he could be a real pain in the ass. If there was a secret out there that would give her any leverage over him, she wanted to know what it was.

Across the table, Christopher was in a panic. Abby was well aware of his toileting issues. You couldn’t be in the house more than a couple of hours before noticing that he constantly had to run to the bathroom to avoid having an accident. But Hannah and he had been successful in hiding his diaper wearing from their daughter out of fear of undermining his authority, not to mention how humiliating it would be if she found out. Up until now, any smell of urine upstairs could be attributed to Cassie’s diaper pail, although she was in the process of potty training and for the past week had only been in diapers at night and when leaving the house. That excuse wouldn’t last much longer.

Hannah saw the fear in her husband’s eyes but was resolute in her plans to take control of her life, even if it meant altering the family dynamic. “Sit down, dear. I can drive you to school so that you won’t be late because there’s something that you should know.” Hannah noticed Abby lean close in as she sat, eager to hear what came next. Her daughter’s enthusiasm gave her the push she needed to continue. “You know that your father has a weakened bladder from the accident that basically gives him the control of a eighteen-month-old girl. What you don’t know is that while he can barely manage to keep his pants dry during the day, he’s not so fortunate at night. In order to manage his bedwetting, he needs to wear diapers when he sleeps.”

Abby couldn’t believe her luck and a broad smile broke over her face. She looked directly at her father, who had turned three shades of red, while still addressing her mother. “You mean he pisses in a diaper like a baby? Is he wearing one now? Do his diapers have cute designs on them? Can I see?”

“Whoa, sit back down girl, he doesn’t have one on now. At least for the present time, he only wears them at night. You’ll have the chance to see them at some point. Now that the secret is out, you can help me by diapering your father when I’m not home to do it myself.”

Christopher couldn’t believe what he was hearing nor how fast the situation had deteriorated. Not only were the two women talking about him as if he weren’t there or wasn’t allowed into the conversation, a decision to let his teenage stepdaughter get involved in a very private process was made without consulting him. Just because he wore diapers didn’t give them the right to treat him like a child. He needed to say something, but Hannah spoke up before he could think of what to say.

“Anyway,” she began, “we’ve decided that until he can get his bedwetting under control, he’ll be moving into your old room. We’d appreciate it if you could help us with the move.”

Before Abby could answer, movement could be heard through the baby monitor. “Oh dear, Cassie’s awake early. Christopher, would you please go check on the baby while I drive Abby to school?”

“Yeah, Daddy,” Abby chimed in as she grabbed her backpack. “Please go check on the other baby. I wonder if she was able to stay dry overnight or if she joined the soggy diaper club.” 

With that, the two women left the house, leaving Christopher stunned and seething

• Like 6
  • tammie2 changed the title to An Unhappy Wife (Chapter 2 Added 1/30)

This is not a criticism, but as more of a pet peeve.

“You know that your father has a weakened bladder from the accident that basically gives him the control of a eighteen-month-old girl."

Why do diaper stories always seem to make this analogy.   AFAIK, the bladder control of 18-month child isn't dependent on gender, and girls appear to be quicker than boys with potty training.   But for some reason, in the diaper story world diapers= being a girl.   Personally I think that's a little demeaning to females, but that's just me.  

FTR- the story is great.  I like the premise.  I have a sense that Christopher is going to end up being Christine, but that's a norm in diaper stories.

• Like 1

“I mean, there’s no medical reason that he should be wetting himself during the day, is there? He may have a weakened bladder, but he managed to stay dry up until the last few weeks, so I wonder if he’s given up trying.”

Hannah sat in the cramped office of her friend Emily Strong, a pediatrician who cared for both of Hannah’s children as well as those of half the town. She was a tall and imposing woman renowned for her extensive knowledge of any and all medical issues from newborns up to adolescence. Hannah respected her no-nonsense attitude and her uncanny ability to diagnose a problem and prescribe exactly what was needed to address it. That, and she wasn’t afraid to be frank with her friends on personal matters even if her advice made them uncomfortable.

“I wouldn’t think so,” Emily answered. “It’s not the kind of injury that typically degenerates over time.” She paused to bring her schedule up on the office computer. “Tell you what. I have a cancelation tomorrow morning at 11:00. I’ll have Christopher’s medical records sent over in the meantime. Why don’t you bring him by and I’ll give him a thorough examination. In the interim, I suggest you fill this.”

Emily wrote out a prescription and handed it to her friend. Hannah took several seconds trying to decipher the handwriting before giving up, throwing a puzzled look at the bemused doctor.

“They’re medical grade adult briefs, basically disposable training pants for grown-ups. Far thicker and more absorbent than what you can buy off the shelf, and they have a waterproof outer lining. That should reduce the amount of your laundry for now, although to save money long-term you might want to invest in some cotton briefs. Lots of options online.”

Hannah gawked at her friend, but the image of her husband in training pants and an idea that simultaneously popped into her head made her insides tingle. She smiled broadly as she stood to go.

“Thanks, Emily. I’ll make sure he’s wearing a pair when we come by for his appointment tomorrow. See you then.”

Emily watched as Hannah left the office, filled with compassion for her unfortunate friend, then turned back to her computer. There was time before her first appointment of the day to do some research and to order a few supplies to be delivered on an expedited basis. If, as she suspected, Christopher was simply letting himself regress with no expectation of consequences, she wanted to be prepared for tomorrow.

Christopher’s resolve to confront his wife about the morning’s events dissipated as the morning wore on. He never liked conflict and the more he thought about it the more he could see things from Hannah’s perspective. And maybe he could turn the separate bedroom arrangement to his advantage. He’d always wanted a man cave, a room where he’d be free to be himself, but until now there was no extra space in the house he could use. This could be the opportunity he was waiting for.

He hadn’t spent much time in Abby’s former bedroom since she had moved to a bigger room before he’d met Hannah, and Cassie was still in the nursery. Now he stood at the doorway, looking at it with a critical mindset. It wasn’t huge but would do nicely. The child-sized bed could be moved to the garage until Cassie was out of the crib, and the pink and white dressers could be painted. His computer would fit into one corner and he might be able to fit a decent-sized television in another, along with a comfy chair. The closet was even deep enough that he could put a mini-fridge to store beer, soda, and snacks.

Christopher smiled. Yes, this could work out well after all. Of course, the pink and purple trim would have to be repainted and all of the nursery rhyme decals peeled off of the walls. He would replace those with posters of his favorite sports teams. And the rug with baby animals on it would simply be rolled up and eventually moved to Cassie’s room. What started off as an idea he was ready to stand firm against he was now ready to embrace. Hannah would be proud of his enthusiasm in making the move and how he’d turned a negative into a positive. He couldn’t wait to tell her his ideas.

He was disappointed, then, when Hannah returned late and busied herself with other matters around the house. The frostiness of the morning had thawed and they were cordial with each other, although interactions were brief. Hannah did say that they’d start moving him to his new room after Abby got home and seemed surprised at his lack of argument.

The afternoon moved slowly but finally Christopher heard the front door close and recognized the distinct sound of a heavy backpack being dropped on the floor. Excitement ran through his body as he waited to be summoned to assist with moving his clothes to his new room. Just think, his own man cave.

Christopher practically flew up the stairs when Hannah called to him, where he encountered his wife and Abby standing just inside the door of his new bedroom. Cassie was toddling around exploring. He’d have to make sure that they all knew that once it was set up, the room would be off limits to the children.

“I brought some boxes so that Abby and I can put away her old clothes to store in the attic while you carry your clothes in from my bedroom,” Hannah told him. “You can lay them on the bed until the closet is cleared out.”

“Before we start, let me tell you about my idea for the room,” Christopher stated proudly. He then proceeded to lay out the plans he had so carefully constructed in his mind earlier, but was soon interrupted by Abby.

“Mom, he can’t do that! You promised Cassie that when she’s potty-trained she can move into the big girl’s room, and she’s getting close. If Daddy makes any changes, he’d have to change them right back again. That doesn’t make sense and isn’t fair to Cassie.”

As Abby spoke all eyes moved to the toddler, who was grinning as she moved from bed to dresser to closet, pointing at everything while she repeatedly said “mine.” Unknowingly, the youngest member of the family was dealing the final death blow to her father’s plans for a man cave.

“She’s right, dear,” Hannah said sternly as she turned to face her deflated husband. “It may only be a matter of a week or so before Cassie is fully trained, and she knows that this room is her reward. We can’t break our promise to her. Don’t worry, that gives you a week to prove that you deserve to come back into my bed, otherwise there’s the nursery.”

Abby had to suppress a giggle while Christopher stood dumbfounded. He wasn’t made aware of the promise to Cassie, although to be honest he hadn’t really participated in her toilet training. That was left to the two women. His dream of his own room was vanishing. The nursery was smaller, but maybe if he put the tv on top of a dresser he could squeeze everything in. All he knew now was that there was no sense fighting a battle he would lose. With a sigh, he turned to go collect his clothes.

He was hanging up the last of his shirts in the closet when he noticed Hannah placing unfamiliar items in one of the dresser drawers. Try as he could, he couldn’t figure out what they were. Towels, maybe?

Hannah smiled. “No, dear. These are your new underpants. If you look on the bed, you’ll see that I lined up the underwear you’ve worn for the past week. Seven pairs, seven heavily stained with urine and one even has a streak in the rear. I’m going to have to toss away all of them, they’re too far gone to wash. Before we buy new ones, you’ll need to prove that you can stay dry during the day. These are disposable and absorbent, so if you have an accident you won’t ruin your panties or the furniture.”

Neither parent noticed Abby had returned from bringing a box to the attic and was standing in the doorway listening intently. She was giddy, with Christmas coming early in what she had just heard.

“Wait, Mom, you mean Daddy has to wear training pants just like Cassie? Will we need to remind him to go potty like we do with her?”

Christopher started to say something but a look from Hannah shut him down before the words got to his mouth. “You know, honey, that’s a great idea. Your father will benefit from a little more structure in his toileting. From now on, every time one of us brings Cassie to the potty, we’ll make sure he goes as well. They can be potty buddies. That way we can also check to see if your daddy needs a new pair of panties at the same time.”

It was all she could do not to jump and scream, but Abby wasn’t dumb. She knew she had to play this cool, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t rub her father’s new status in a bit. “Cool. And Daddy, if you have to go at any other time, come and ask me to take you to the bathroom. Maybe we should get your own sticker chart like the one Cassie has on the fridge.”

“Great idea, dear,” Hannah added. “It couldn’t hurt. And from now on, Christopher, you also need to ask any grown-up to take you to the toilet for pee pees or poo poos, and either one of us can also take you at any time we think you might have to go. We know the signs. All right? Good. That’s settled. Come downstairs, girls, and let your father change into his trainers.”

Christopher was paralyzed on the spot. What had just happened here? Decisions had been made as if he had no say at all, and no one asked for his opinion. And to treat him like some incontinent toddler was just unfair! As he pondered what to do, his glance at the bed brought seven pairs of heavily-soiled underpants into his view. Defeated, he grabbed them up and brought them to the trash, added the pair he was wearing, and reached for the dresser drawer.

• Like 7
  • tammie2 changed the title to An Unhappy Wife (Chapter 3 Added 2/1)

I wonder why guys in this position don't tell them no and deal with it. 

Unless you want to be treated as a baby or a sissy baby is how I think this story will end. I hope not me personally would love it. Stories I write have love and affection in them. :-(

5 hours ago, Eagle0769 said:

Unless you want to be treated as a baby or a sissy baby is how I think this story will end. I hope not me personally would love it. Stories I write have love and affection in them. ?

Agreed.  There are now 88 pages of stories here, another 18 pages of completed stories, and still more contributions in a separate stories folder.  At this point in time, the odds against anyone coming up with a new plot line or fresh characters is overwhelming.  Passive husband ... sexually frustrated wife ... sadistic teenage daughter ... how many times has this trinity appeared here?  The best that one can hope for is that the author of this, or any story like it, will consciously try and plant a few unexpected bumps in the well trodden road.  A true detour would amount to a literary tour de force.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Eagle0769 said:

Unless you want to be treated as a baby or a sissy baby is how I think this story will end. I hope not me personally would love it. Stories I write have love and affection in them. ?

It's because this is a diaper story and that's what we want.  It's the same reason that people in horror movies drive over the creaky bridge and knock on the old house in thunder storm.

2 hours ago, Babypants said:

Agreed.  There are now 88 pages of stories here, another 18 pages of completed stories, and still more contributions in a separate stories folder.  At this point in time, the odds against anyone coming up with a new plot line or fresh characters is overwhelming.  Passive husband ... sexually frustrated wife ... sadistic teenage daughter ... how many times has this trinity appeared here?  The best that one can hope for is that the author of this, or any story like it, will consciously try and plant a few unexpected bumps in the well trodden road.  A true detour would amount to a literary tour de force.

A- there are other stories.   While this is a common plot device, it's not the most frequent in diaper stories.  In fact there are quite a lot of different plot devices on this board.

It is far worse in most movies.  I watch the last Matrix movie, and 5 minutes in- I knew exactly what was going to happen.

19 hours ago, spark said:

It's because this is a diaper story and that's what we want.  It's the same reason that people in horror movies drive over the creaky bridge and knock on the old house in thunder storm.

A- there are other stories.   While this is a common plot device, it's not the most frequent in diaper stories.  In fact there are quite a lot of different plot devices on this board.

It is far worse in most movies.  I watch the last Matrix movie, and 5 minutes in- I knew exactly what was going to happen.

There are finite limits to the human imagination, and the entertainment industry banged its collective head against this particular wall at least a generation ago.  The limits imposed on those who write fiction are largely defined by the genre in question, and in fetish fiction, structurally the limits can be severe.  The most creative approach I can offer is to acknowledge the tropes that you are using, and then manipulate the narrative to reverse one or more of them.  Do this often enough inside a given story, and the final product becomes satire.

• tammie2 changed the title to An Unhappy Wife