LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Building a new Gaming Rig

AwakenEvil

So I thought I would share what I begun scraping together. I ordered the first of several pieces. I plan to build an i9 gen 12 intel cpu, 64gb ddr5, 3090 EVGA GPU and several little things. Here is some of the stuff I've scored. I plan to build this system over the next 9 to 12 months. Possibly do a few YT videos on the build. Next month I should have the liquid cooling figured out. I am leaning towards a Corsair block, pumps, and radiator but that will wait till next payday!

Parts I have either in shipping or in my office

1. The Tower 900 - Check out the videos on this case. Its absolutely stupid how big it is!

2. Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB 1200W Platium Power Supply. This should feed the GPU and the rest of the system nicely.

3. Intel 12th Gen i9-12900k - Why not! Should overclock nicely on water!

4. ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming WIFI Main Board. Figured I needed a solid backbone, A little pricey but should do well for the Gen 5\4 NMVe 2/4tb drives I am looking at.

I'll update this as I go!

20211216_225754.jpg

IMG_20211216_225614_400.jpg

IMG_20211216_225614_336.jpg

20211216_221230.jpg

tt-tower-900-1.jpg

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I'm jelly! I was looking at that case when I was thinking of rebuilding, Such a cool view.

I think the hardest part is gonna be tracking down a EVGA 24G-P5-3971-KR (3090) GPU - I found a few but the MSRP is $1700 and they are asking 3 times the price and so I sent a message to my SHI vendor and told her if they happen to get one in their warehouse, I want it! Just bill me! Its how I had to get my hands on some DDR 5 Kingston Fury Beast 6000MHz memory but that wont arrive til Feb

3 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

I think the hardest part is gonna be tracking down a EVGA 24G-P5-3971-KR (3090) GPU - I found a few but the MSRP is $1700 and they are asking 3 times the price and so I sent a message to my SHI vendor and told her if they happen to get one in their warehouse, I want it! Just bill me! Its how I had to get my hands on some DDR 5 Kingston Fury Beast 6000MHz memory but that wont arrive til Feb

Nice! I'm on a 7th gen i7 and praying the rig holds up another year.

@AwakenEvil @DailyDi

I am laughing right now: when I first saw this, with my eyes full of junk, and watering like I have had in the last three or four days, I looked at this and had thought it had said “getting a new guinea pig“ instead of “Building a gaming rig“

there are times that I wish I could build a machine like that. Unfortunately, with the cost of computer parts going through the roof, and with Covid on the rise in certain places, prices of things go sky high if the demand is high enough, and that can cause things to be ridiculously expensive. If we’re talking the processor, $1700 seems to me to be high, but maybe this thing is higher because of the power it has. I have an I seven that I have here, and I’m not sure what my server is, but I bought my server about two years ago, and she still running pretty strong. She was a Windows 7 PC, But I ended up changing it to a Linux Debian eight server.

did I read that @AwakenEvil is going to put a radiator in his new computer rig?  Something tells me if he said that, this processor is “hot hot hot“ so it’s probably necessary. I haven’t seen too many water cooled processors, but I have seen a lot of people who spend a lot of money to trick out their systems, and then they add all of these bells and whistle‘s like lights, sound, and all this interesting stuff. If awake and evil is going to build his “gaming rig,“ then he deserves this unit, he works real hard and I salute him. May He always be able to play the funnest games around, and the ones that he likes. I have always been a gamer, but I don’t really play Xbox as much anymore, because it seems to be expensive. I play with my switch and some games that I have and I love them. But I still have my PC and I love it as well.

I would be interested in seeing him build this thing out, so if he puts any videos on YouTube of the build, I would like to see that, and I would follow it. I believe I also subscribe to his channel because of him racing his car, and that was cool.

I wish you luck sir, and I hope that you find what you need to make your dream system a reality. As a techie myself, I am drooling all over the screen this thing looks like it is BOSS!

Brian

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

If we’re talking the processor, $1700 seems to me to be high, but maybe this thing is higher because of the power it has.

The GPU I am looking at is $1700 but they are a little hard to find. Most high-end graphics cards are not cheap. You can still find some of the older cards and the 3080s for $1200 to $1400 but in my opinion why spend $500 less for a 10gb card when you can get a 24gb GPU.

did I read that awaken Evo is going to put a radiator in his new computer rig?  Something tells me if he said that, this processor is “hot hot hot“ so it’s probably necessary. I haven’t seen too many water cooled processors, but I have seen a lot of people who spend a lot of money to trick out their systems, and then they add all of these bells and whistle‘s like lights, sound, and all this interesting stuff. If awake and evil is going to build his “gaming rig,“ then he deserves this unit, he works real hard and I salute him. May He always be able to play the funnest games around, and the ones that he likes. I have always been a gamer, but I don’t really play Xbox as much anymore, because it seems to be expensive. I play with my switch and some games that I have and I love them. But I still have my PC and I love it as well.

I am looking to add water-cooling to the system. I plan to overclock the GPU and CPU so it will need something to cool the processors down. I bought the water block for the CPU last night for $80 since it was on-sale. I plan to wait till January before grabbing the radiator, pump\reservoir, and fans. This will allow me to mount them where I want them. Probably wait on the piping and plumbing till I am closer to actually getting the system fired up.

I would be interested in seeing him build this thing out, so if he puts any videos on YouTube of the build, I would like to see that, and I would follow it. I believe I also subscribe to his channel because of him racing his car, and that was cool.

I plan to document and video how I assemble it. Its been about 11 years since I did a system like this. My wife was like are we doing this again with water cooling. It was an experience when I did this when I first meet her. A lot of learning but I feel like I have more experience since that time. I'll absolutely let you know when I start breaking out my gopros and filming.

That looks awesome.  I kind of wished I waited for 690, but last year I got 10700k with Asus z490.  I had 4790k, but the memory was at 1600, so that was really limiting me in games.  I'm all for the environment, so I was able to keep my psu, case, EVGA 1070,  and even the cpu cooler (and of course the drives).  So, I only spent $778.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...