LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to prepare for bowel issues

Well I am about to trial Orlistat weight loss meds which one of the main side affect is loose bowels and incontinence.
It is one of the only main weight loss meds I can try as the other one Duromine my psychiatrist has ruled out due to my Bipolar, ADHD and Autism (mood swings)

Well endocrinologist (public system Australia NSW) refused to do anything as my BMI is not over 42 and not Diabetic. My BMI is 37.6 and my heart is 45 (when I am 35 in age) so need to do something.
Told me to exercise and count calories (I tend to usually be careful and exercise which I am doing the most I can with my mobility issues due to incomplete spinal injury (nerve issues l3l4l5s1).

Well I go to Respite for 2 weeks over the Christmas break as need 24hr support due to Autism, Bipolar flare up season for me went there last time and I am not the only one in diapers (Bladder issues since 2009 with spinal injury).
How do people deal with the bowel incontinence as I will have 0 control over the food in respite?

Many Thanks

I tried it once to try to dump some weight easily.  My BMI hangs around 30, sometimes it might be very high 20s but usually it's just on the wrong side of 30 ?

If you avoid fat, not much happens with Orlistat.  If you cop some fat in your food, it's horrible.  If nothing else, you'll quickly learn which foods are high in fat.  I learned that sometimes it's actually not that obvious.

Orlistat inhibits your body's ability to metabolise fat so it just travels through as a revolting, thin yellow liquid fat.  You can still have (relatively) normal, controllable bowel movements but overlaid onto these is this hideous tendency to wet-fart satanic smelling oil.

It was a good thing I was already 24/7 in nappies because they saw action that I never intended them to.  Yes, it's a kind of incontinence but I can't say I enjoyed it one little bit.  If you eat high fat food on Orlistat, you WILL experience wet farts.  Just great...  You will get away with it for a while in a decent nappy.  It's not like you've fully loaded a diaper.

I ditched it pretty quickly.  I think I'm just built to cruise at a BMI of 30-ish and that's it...  Like yourself, I had zero practical help from the medical community: only blame, shame and lectures which did nothing over 40 years other than to make them feel smug I suppose.  I actually suspect they've very little idea what makes people auto-bias to specific-but-different shapes and sizes.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, oznl said:

I tried it once to try to dump some weight easily.  My BMI hangs around 30, sometimes it might be very high 20s but usually it's just on the wrong side of 30 ?

If you avoid fat, not much happens with Orlistat.  If you cop some fat in your food, it's horrible.  If nothing else, you'll quickly learn which foods are high in fat.  I learned that sometimes it's actually not that obvious.

Orlistat inhibits your body's ability to metabolise fat so it just travels through as a revolting, thin yellow liquid fat.  You can still have (relatively) normal, controllable bowel movements but overlaid onto these is this hideous tendency to wet-fart satanic smelling oil.

It was a good thing I was already 24/7 in nappies because they saw action that I never intended them to.  Yes, it's a kind of incontinence but I can't say I enjoyed it one little bit.  If you eat high fat food on Orlistat, you WILL experience wet farts.  Just great...  You will get away with it for a while in a decent nappy.  It's not like you've fully loaded a diaper.

I ditched it pretty quickly.  I think I'm just built to cruise at a BMI of 30-ish and that's it...  Like yourself, I had zero practical help from the medical community: only blame, shame and lectures which did nothing over 40 years other than to make them feel smug I suppose.  I actually suspect they've very little idea what makes people auto-bias to specific-but-different shapes and sizes.

Thank god not fully loads as well as I wear Abena L2 cloth (with plastic pants over the top of them)

How bad was the stench? and suggestions

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sjaeger said:

How bad was the stench? and suggestions

A leak was barely noticeable.  A full blown #2 after a fat-included meal?  Run and hide...

I suspect Orlistat is only good if you need some club-over-the-head guidance on when your food has fat in it.  Really, it forces you to avoid fat by imposing reasonably unpleasant consequences.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, oznl said:

I suspect Orlistat is only good if you need some club-over-the-head guidance on when your food has fat in it.  Really, it forces you to avoid fat by imposing reasonably unpleasant consequences.

I tried this back when I was about 100 lbs heavier than I am now. I had reasonable results for two weeks, and then I got reckless and went out for ribs on a Thursday night. The next day, I experienced catastrophic incontinence while at work, in an airport. I thought I had to fart, and what happened next is indescribable, but involved copious quantities of what can only be referred to as Oil of Sh*t. It was a complete goddamn disaster. I then had to walk approximately 10 kilometers back to my car, mostly through public spaces. I threw out the suit I was wearing, and also the rest of the medication. I wasn't in diapers back then, but I don't know if a diaper could have contained what happened that day. 

• Haha 3

I too have used Orlistat and experienced some pretty interesting bowel incontinence issues. Oily farts to say the least. If you actually monitor what you eat and eat low fat foods, it isnt an issue. I lost over 15lbs using Orlistat and have been able to keep it off the whole time.

4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I tried this back when I was about 100 lbs heavier than I am now. I had reasonable results for two weeks, and then I got reckless and went out for ribs on a Thursday night. The next day, I experienced catastrophic incontinence while at work, in an airport. I thought I had to fart, and what happened next is indescribable, but involved copious quantities of what can only be referred to as Oil of Sh*t. It was a complete goddamn disaster. I then had to walk approximately 10 kilometers back to my car, mostly through public spaces. I threw out the suit I was wearing, and also the rest of the medication. I wasn't in diapers back then, but I don't know if a diaper could have contained what happened that day. 

@Little Sherri@Ginger

this medicine sounds like something that would be used to clean you out completely. From what it sounds like, this is even worse than using castor oil. I could never imagine what it would be like to have taken some sort of medication where if you have any fat in your diet at all it would cause you to have it running out of you like nobody’s business. All I can say is, that I wouldn’t want that to happen to me. Even if you had the best diapers, I don’t believe that you would be able to withstand the onslaught of a constant running mess. It almost sounds as bad as if they would give you hey super laxative and then count to 10 and watch the fun as your stomach starts to grumble rumble and then all hell breaks loose.

i’ll remember about this one: if I ever hear of them want to put me on this medicine, I will refuse. It is one thing to have control to be able to deal with it if you have to use that medicine, but if you make a mistake and you eat the wrong food, the next thing that you will be doing as you will be praying to the porcelain goddess, filling the toilet incessantly with anything that doesn’t go through your digestive system. Do you remember dumb and dumber? That’s kind of what this reminds me of.

I bet you when you were finished, there was nothing left in your system at all. He he he

Brian

Definitely doesn't sound like a situation where diapers would be of much pleasure OR help. Lol something like that would almost force you to the forbidden toilet monster. Yuck. Lol 

• Like 1