LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should you push?

Veg

Havring a hard time finding the answer tk thus one when searching so figured I'd try asking here!

When unpottytraining/ incontinent training, (goal of having no control)

Should you push when you have to go #2, like right when you have to go, or wait for it to come out with no pushing? No matter how long that takes?

• Like 1

I agree! Just simply staying relaxed and letting it happen is the best route for achieving your goal. That's what has worked for me anyway. Good luck with your goal! I'm excited for you! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ginger said:

I agree! Just simply staying relaxed and letting it happen is the best route for achieving your goal. That's what has worked for me anyway. Good luck with your goal! I'm excited for you! 

@Veg @DiapergirlWB @Ginger

I also agree with gingers assessment: when you were trying to train, the best way to train yourself is to allow whatever comes out to come out when it is ready. Sometimes you have to push because it might be a little hard to get out, but the idea is to make sure that you can just push and release. After you get used to the fact that your body adjust to the fact that if there’s something in there it just comes out whenever it wants, then you will know that everything is OK. Ginger is saying that you have to “relax““ and “Keep relaxed“ is exactly what you need to do. As long as you keep your bowel and bladder in a relaxed state and allow it to come as it should when it once you will be further along in your training. It might take a while to get there, but eventually you will get there. I hear people ask me all the time questions about how to start “unpotty training”, because they want to be in continent or they want to feel like they are in continent.

The best way to do this is to decide that you want to start the training. Then you end up wearing diapers 24 hours a day seven days a week for a long time. You do everything in them – and every time you use a diaper you change it. After a while as Ginger has stated, you will get to the point where you will just release pier diaper The best way to do this is to decide that you want to start the training. Then you end up wearing diapers 24 hours a day seven days a week for a long time. You do everything in them – and every time you use a diaper you change it. After a while as Ginger has stated, you will get to the point where you will just release  and Wet or mess your diaper: the only way Ginger got that far was to do exactly what I am stating: if you want to be in a position where you are actually un potty training, you have to tell your brain and your body that it is OK to use the diaper for its intended purpose.  I believe Ginger has succeeded in doing mostly this, but she may have to continue her training in order to get further along if she wants to go further.

The trick is remain relaxed, and when something comes in just let it out. Wear diapers as much as you can, and keep using them: after a while you’ll just have a release and it will feel kind of weird to start, but as you progress it won’t be so bad. I have had situation where I wet myself really really heavily because of my medication’s, and then I’ve had situations where I’ve messed myself. Sometimes it’s not so bad, but other times it may be harder for me to get up and move, so I use the diaper I have sat here in my chair and done that on a few occasions because it is a lot easier to deal with a dirty diaper change in my shower bay rather than to have it all over the floor. As Ginger says and everyone else agrees keeping yourself relaxed is one thing that will help you.

don’t push too hard: if you have to push that’s one thing – after a while you will be able to release without too much difficulty I’ve done it myself, but in order for this to happen you have to be able to train yourself to allow your brain to release in a diaper and be able to deal with what you are releasing. Just let it out, use your diaper as much as you can, and then after a while you will just do it without even thinking about it!

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Veg said:

Should you push when you have to go #2, like right when you have to go, or wait for it to come out with no pushing? No matter how long that takes?

Depending on what you ate, you might not have to strain that hard. But in any case, straining to poop in a diaper is no better than straining to poop on the toilet. It's not very healthy and it can actually hurt you.

Your best bet is to take deep breaths, slowly breathing and exhaling and maybe use a slight squatting position to make things move along easier. 

• Like 1

You might need to plush at the start, until you get use to the idea of it’s ok to go in a diaper. Potty training is a deeply rooted thing in your mind so at the start it might not happen without it. Try to push less every time and eventually you won’t have a feeling of needing to push. Then you can just relax and let it happen 

One other thing you can use in your training would be using a food or liquid that will loosen and soften your stool. I am NOT advocating using laxatives because in the long run this is unhealthy. Everyone is different but think about foods that you know make you loose. You could try prune juice daily which might work for you. Or some food you might have avoided because it made you loose? Being loose and slippery makes it much easier to go without pushing at all.

Hugs,

Freta