LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's your experience wearing Goodnites XL

mwalker96

I still haven't gotten my hands on any; I'm up in Canada, and only recently did most of the stores burn through their supplies of the previous L/XL version. I suspect that the new XL's would probably have fit me better... back before the pandemic. I think I've grown about as much as their capacity has, so there probably wouldn't be a big difference in how they would feel, and in any case, I've long since started buying "real" diapers, and moved away from pullups. However, I do intend to try them out, even if it's just for nostalgic reasons, once they arrive in bags rather than cases - I don't need 32 of them to get an idea of how they've changed. 

However, the new L size has worked well for my daughter, who was outgrowing the S/M, but found the L/XL to be too large. She seems to be happy with them. 

Not wearing but at the grocery store the other day there was a girl who had to be at least 12 years old with her dad in the aisle where the Goodnites were.  He looked at her, she pointed to the shelf and he put a package of the girl's XL Goodnites in the cart.  She didn't seem phased or embarrassed at all, poor girl.  I guess for some kids it's a necessity though.  Still bothers me that a kid that age needs them.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, rusty pins said:

He looked at her, she pointed to the shelf and he put a package of the girl's XL Goodnites in the cart.  She didn't seem phased or embarrassed at all, poor girl.

My daughter used to dance down the aisles and excitedly pick a package off the shelf - princess ones, ones that get cold when they get wet, ones where the starts disappear, etc. But these days, my wife or I usually buy them when she's not with us - she would not be happy walking through the supermarket with a box of pullups in the cart. She'd be terrified that she'd run into someone she knows. 

She comes by it honestly - I was a bedwetter as a kid until I was almost 11. But back then, they didn't have pull-ups, so relatively speaking, they are a blessing. At least they can put them on themselves.

I love them for what they are. I don't expect them to hold more than 2 slow wettings. For me, I wear for fun and games with my wife. I like the new XL as the rise is a little taller, however they are almost to big for me and having no hips they tend to slide down if I'm not wearing anything over them.  Sleeping is fine as I don't usually wet in my sleep. I love wearing leggings over them.

They were tight, but that was to be expected. Kind of like what @id0ntknow touched on, I would need to lose some weight to fit in them again. 

I’ve watched Goodnites change over the years. There were some designs that I liked, including the current space design.  But, I still long for the old school, plain whites. I would love for a company to make them like these for adults, with full frontal protection, and just the overall feel of them.  (Before the “Trim-Fit” style.)

Well, I can finally respond to this with some personal knowledge. I got my hands on a bag of XL Goodnites a couple of days ago, having found them on sale at a local drugstore. I've seen cases of them in stores for a while, but I have no use for a case of them personally - as others have pointed out, they're a bit of a novelty, not a serious wardrobe item, for someone my size. But I was curious as to how they would fit, because I used to barely be able to wedge myself into the L/XL size Goodnites, and back before I discovered "real", ABDL diapers, I used to reinforce the corners with staples so they wouldn't split, and put a size 6 or 7 kid diaper inside as a stuffer. 

Well, the new ones are definitely detectably larger, at least in terms of how big of a person they'll accommodate, because, I'm a little larger than I was back then (thanks, Covid), and I slipped into the new XL size, no problem. I took it easy pulling it up so as to allow the pull-up time to stretch out, but, despite looking about the same size as the smaller versions at first glance (I have lots of the S/M ones around for the kids), these things really stretch out. I am 5 foot 10 and over 200 lbs these days, which is quite a ways beyond the "140 lb +" rating on the diaper, but, as I said, they went on with no problem. What they don't have, as far as I could discern, is any notably greater capacity than they had before. But that's fine, I'm not switching back to these, I just wanted to try them out. 

• 1 year later...