LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper leaking from leg guards

Mike1313

Hi,

im just looking for some advice I wear ABU little paws or ABU peak a boo. They tend to leak around 4 hours or so from the leg guards. But there is plenty of diaper left to get wet. I’m not big below the belt So i don’t point down or up just kind of straight out. And I don’t feel like I’m keeping my diaper on too tight. Nor do I flood them 

Maybe try taping the bottom tapes tighter, so that the leg gathers are tight against your legs.

Are you sure that it's actually leakage and not sweat?

I use a disposable diaper combo for night time, I have had leaks with leg holes almost no mater what diaper I use, when it's nighttime . But I have added plastic pant's and then went one better, I take a cloth baby diaper. and put it inside of my plastic pants. Some nite it is still pretty dry, and some nite it is very wet. I like it as an extra layer. I just keep a couple of them and alternate them and just let them hang dry with a Double clip plastic clothing hanger, or if you have the room on a cloths line just cloths pin them up. It works for me. I have even tried the experience disposable diapers and have leaks, I just think we all have different shaped legs.

Those 2 ABU products are shaped quite differently - so not likely related to a specific diaper.  As mentioned, could simply be how you're fastening the lower tapes.  Also, could be that you're not using the ideal size.  Going too big is worse than going smaller.  If too big, you can't get a good seal around the legs.  Personally, I like high rise fit, but I also have to go bigger simply because of my size.   And last, they tend not to wick up the backside very well when you're in an upright sitting position for long periods (the harder the sitting surface, the worse it gets), so this may just be "normal".   Even with decades of taping practice, I leaked just the other day which shocked me a bit (it was barely wet at the time), but I think  there may have been a slight tear/cut on that one.

2 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Those 2 ABU products are shaped quite differently - so not likely related to a specific diaper.  As mentioned, could simply be how you're fastening the lower tapes.  Also, could be that you're not using the ideal size.  Going too big is worse than going smaller.  If too big, you can't get a good seal around the legs.  Personally, I like high rise fit, but I also have to go bigger simply because of my size.   And last, they tend not to wick up the backside very well when you're in an upright sitting position for long periods (the harder the sitting surface, the worse it gets), so this may just be "normal".   Even with decades of taping practice, I leaked just the other day which shocked me a bit (it was barely wet at the time), but I think  there may have been a slight tear/cut on that one.

You have a lot of good info , I haven't used the ABU brand, Though I would love to try them,, it sounds like you have used them and a better source than my earlier comment.  I agree that size is important.  In some cases it can be trial and error to find the correct size, I have some of the Bambino Teddy and I think I made the same mistake of getting LG because I normally were a LG, If I had taken the chance and tried the Med, I may have been able to go leak free, mine leaked in the legs no matter how I taped them.  Some brands are over and some under sized,  my opinion only I wish I could be a tester for the really good brands that would be a great job.

Make sure the inner leg/leak guards are standing.
When diaper is wet they often cling to the diaper, and then they leak.
Happens to me all the time, not the leak part as I catch it in time.
This is mainly a problem when sitting a lot.

In addition to correct sizing (don't go too big), the other thing I find is to adjust the diaper slightly more towards the front or back. On various brands I've tried over the years, I've found that usually if I shift the diaper slightly forward, so that the when worn, it's a little higher in the front, and the tapes are a little lower, that this helps. I'm not talking much mind you. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, Mike1313 said:

Hi,

im just looking for some advice I wear ABU little paws or ABU peak a boo. They tend to leak around 4 hours or so from the leg guards. But there is plenty of diaper left to get wet. I’m not big below the belt So i don’t point down or up just kind of straight out. And I don’t feel like I’m keeping my diaper on too tight. Nor do I flood them 

@Mike1313

My advice is:

1.  Make sure you have the RIGHT diaper:  This is important, because not EVERY diaper works for everyone.  What I mean is, if it takes a Megamax to work for you, than that is what you should use.  Use the Diaper that works best for YOU :)

2.  Make sure that you have BOOSTERS to add absorbancy to your diaper, so that it can extend the useful time that you can wear it.

3.  DON'T just let everything out in one shot:  If you do that, you're gonna flood out the diaper, and it will be overwhelmed when you are using it - Remember to let it out in SHORT bursts, and if you do that, you should be OK, but flooding out the diaper WILL probably result in wet pants, or cushions or seats, so you should also have something to place ON what you are sitting on, so that any leakage can be absorbed by a pad, either washable or disposable.

4.  Get yourself some Incontinence pants, such as made by Garywear.  Put that ON OVER your diaper, and if you add the booster to the diaper, and the pants over that. you should be OK, especially if you have to release a lot, because you will have the boosters, and the pants to help keep the diaper and the booster where they are supposed to be, and it may be damp inside the garywear pants, but you will find that it is a good idea to have them when you are in need of them.

5.  Learn to "Fluff out" your diaper: To do this, Take your diaper, open it UP all the way, then fold it RIGHT down the MIDDLE of the diaper, front to back and make it hourglass shape.  Once this is done, grab the front of the diaper, and the back of the diaper, and LIGHTLY PULL a couple times.  (This will activate the leak guards, which will help you keep the contents INSIDE the diaper itself, or the Garywear Pants will be able to help you should you overload it.)

6.  Remember to POINT your Assets "DOWN" if you are putting a diaper on, and when you do, start from the LEFT or RIGHT bottom tape, and release it, then PULL the diaper down and as tight as you need, on BOTH sides, attaching the left and right bottom tapes.  BEFORE you do the TOP ones, make sure that the diaper feels OK, and then grab the TOP tapes and adjust them, pulling the diaper UP higher if it is necessary, then REACH inside, make sure stuff isn't sticking together, and that your assets are down, and then seal the top right and left tapes as tight as you need.  

7.  Some people forget #6, and the reason that the diaper is getting wetter in the front than it is in the back, is because your assets are pointing UP, and when you release, everything is going to shoot out the TOP of the diaper.  Ladies have an advantage here, because when they release, everything is already heading down, so the middle of the diaper's padding is being used:  Guys need to point down, so that you don't flood the front of the diaper and overwhelm it.

EDIT:  Also, if you are gonna wear and use diapers, make SURE you take care of your SKIN, and treat it at each change,  If you don't do that, you may end up with WICKED Rash or skin breakdown -brian-

Hope this Advice is helpful :)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Mike1313

My advice is:

1.  Make sure you have the RIGHT diaper:  This is important, because not EVERY diaper works for everyone.  What I mean is, if it takes a Megamax to work for you, than that is what you should use.  Use the Diaper that works best for YOU :)

2.  Make sure that you have BOOSTERS to add absorbancy to your diaper, so that it can extend the useful time that you can wear it.

3.  DON'T just let everything out in one shot:  If you do that, you're gonna flood out the diaper, and it will be overwhelmed when you are using it - Remember to let it out in SHORT bursts, and if you do that, you should be OK, but flooding out the diaper WILL probably result in wet pants, or cushions or seats, so you should also have something to place ON what you are sitting on, so that any leakage can be absorbed by a pad, either washable or disposable.

4.  Get yourself some Incontinence pants, such as made by Garywear.  Put that ON OVER your diaper, and if you add the booster to the diaper, and the pants over that. you should be OK, especially if you have to release a lot, because you will have the boosters, and the pants to help keep the diaper and the booster where they are supposed to be, and it may be damp inside the garywear pants, but you will find that it is a good idea to have them when you are in need of them.

5.  Learn to "Fluff out" your diaper: To do this, Take your diaper, open it UP all the way, then fold it RIGHT down the MIDDLE of the diaper, front to back and make it hourglass shape.  Once this is done, grab the front of the diaper, and the back of the diaper, and LIGHTLY PULL a couple times.  (This will activate the leak guards, which will help you keep the contents INSIDE the diaper itself, or the Garywear Pants will be able to help you should you overload it.)

6.  Remember to POINT your Assets "DOWN" if you are putting a diaper on, and when you do, start from the LEFT or RIGHT bottom tape, and release it, then PULL the diaper down and as tight as you need, on BOTH sides, attaching the left and right bottom tapes.  BEFORE you do the TOP ones, make sure that the diaper feels OK, and then grab the TOP tapes and adjust them, pulling the diaper UP higher if it is necessary, then REACH inside, make sure stuff isn't sticking together, or that your assets are down, and then seal the top right and left tapes as tight as you need.  

7.  Some people forget #6, and the reason that the diaper is getting wetter in the front than it is in the back, is because your assets are pointing UP, and when you release, everything is going to shoot out the TOP of the diaper.  Ladies have an advantage here, because when they release, everything is already heading down, so the middle of the diaper's padding is being used:  Guys need to point down, so that you don't flood the front of the diaper and overwhelm it.

Hope this Advice is helpful :)

Brian

Brian, you have a lot of good advice I have been wearing for many yrs and I forget to tell someone things like you said since I take them for granted, that they may know them. So thanks for your advice ??

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

4.  Get yourself some Incontinence pants, such as made by Garywear.  Put that ON OVER your diaper, and if you add the booster to the diaper, and the pants over that. you should be OK, especially if you have to release a lot, because you will have the boosters, and the pants to help keep the diaper and the booster where they are supposed to be, and it may be damp inside the Garywear pants, but you will find that it is a good idea to have them when you are in need of them.

I agree with Brian but especially number 4 on his list.  I don't wear diapers often but when I am planning to be in a good diaper (or even a low end diaper) for most of the day, I will wear a waterproof diaper cover, often referred to as "Plastic Pants".  They are not just for cloth diapers!  I have Garywear waterproof pants that are very comfortable, quiet and do a great job.  They come in many colors.  They really do help for any unexpected leaks or problems.

• Like 1

@Mike1313, Brian makes a lot of good points.  I'd like to emphasize #3 I know that you said that you don't flood, but if you can learn to relax your bladder and just kinda let the pee trickle out.  

I  have a huge bladder,  but when I diaper up,  I probably pee a little bit every few minutes.  Maybe every ten minutes or so.   I'm always letting whatever is in my bladder out.  

Having your little man pointed out instead of down may be part of the problem.   If it's hard when you put your diaper on,  just go ahead and put your diaper on and then adjust it down later, when things calm down.