LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Historical Inaccuracies (Completed)

3 hours ago, Babytom948 said:

Uh,what?lol

EagerJealousBlackandtancoonhound-max-1mb

1 hour ago, kerry said:

OK, this thing is written brilliantly, and I enjoy (?) reading each chapter, but I'm way more confused than ever now. One chapter after being told that Lina is (may be?) institutionalized and that Katie is dead, we get a Katie-POV chapter that suggests (says?) that Lina is actually dead...and that Katie is being kept against her will, mouth wired shut, as a baby. I understand the concept of gaslighting (though at this point I have no idea who is gaslighting whom), but this is perhaps the first time I've been gaslighted by an author...

So, a little explanation, spoiler free obvi, nothing is without purpose and I have a very clear idea of what I want to do and where I want to go. Am I gaslighting the reader with this story? Maybe, but I'd like to believe that I'm providing an insanely high cliff for you to take a leap of faith off of and trust that there's a safe landing at the bottom. For the record, I've done zero to earn that kind of trust, but it's an intriguing prospect, right? :P Thank you for reading and for saying this is "written brilliantly", I was prepared for hate and you went the opposite direction, so thank you! :)

1 hour ago, thedman said:

Wow, just wow, this gets deeper and more twisted with every chapter, I'm always on the edge of my seat when I'm reading the new material

Glad to hear it! That edge might get a little thinner the deeper we go, but I'm glad you're enjoying the ride! :)

3 hours ago, kerry said:

I'm way more confused than ever now. One chapter after being told that Lina is (may be?) institutionalized and that Katie is dead, we get a Katie-POV chapter that suggests (says?) that Lina is actually dead...and that Katie is being kept against her will, mouth wired shut, as a baby. I understand the concept of gaslighting (though at this point I have no idea who is gaslighting whom), but this is perhaps the first time I've been gaslighted by an author...

I completely agree with Kerry. I'm sorry I have to say this but ya ruined the story for me with this chapter. I'm willing to keep reading future chapters that you post based on the first 8 chapters though. I hope that things will start making sense and I'll like it again.

15 minutes ago, DiaperedPrince said:

I completely agree with Kerry. I'm sorry I have to say this but ya ruined the story for me with this chapter. I'm willing to keep reading future chapters that you post based on the first 8 chapters though. I hope that things will start making sense and I'll like it again.

Sorry you feel that way. I knew I was going to lose people with such a drastic shift, but my hope was that the mystery would entice rather than disappoint. Meh, maybe I'll win ya back, but no hard feelings if I don't.

4 hours ago, TheUnknownAuthor said:

Sorry you feel that way. I knew I was going to lose people with such a drastic shift, but my hope was that the mystery would entice rather than disappoint. Meh, maybe I'll win ya back, but no hard feelings if I don't.

I honestly hope you do. This story was going so well and I reeaally hope it'll bounce back ?

16 minutes ago, DiaperedPrince said:

I honestly hope you do. This story was going so well and I reeaally hope it'll bounce back ?

Thank you. I mean, I still feel like the story is doing exactly what I want it to, but I get that no one else knows what I know, doesn't mean it's bad, it just means you haven't gotten to the prestige yet, y'know?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is the second of the two much darker chapters of the story, I know people don't like the tonal shift and the hard right narrative change, but I have a plan and if you trust me and continue reading that's great, if you want out because of this then I understand, I'd like for you to give me a chance and see where I'm going, but I get that the subject matter here is heavy and triggering to some so if you need to dip out, I respect your decision and wish you the best. At the end of the day this is my story and I'm telling it the way that I feel it needs to be told, I'm not wrong for my choices anymore than you, the reader, are for choosing to read it or not, so if you have thoughts about what's happening that's fine but please be respectful to the fact that just because a story isn't written the way you think it should be doesn't mean it's wrong, it's just wrong for you. Thank you for your time. :)

XI

Preamble

I’d met Tim through a mutual friend that decided to play matchmaker despite my protests that she absolutely not, under any circumstances do such a thing. We remained friends until she saw me at, at the time, was my lowest point, and decided to stop accepting my calls while also ceasing all calls of her own. She was the last person that could’ve helped me, that could’ve prevented things from going so terribly wrong for Lina and me, but she was so stuck in her own closed minded vanilla world that she couldn’t see anything beyond her initial shock.

Tim and I started hanging out, going to record stores together on random afternoons or stopping to chat when we accidentally bumped into each other somewhere. He was handsome in that way that disarms you, makes you feel comfortable to be around him, the way I imagine women felt around Ted Bundy before he murdered them horribly. Tim was nice, he was sincere and open about his feelings, confessing how nervous he was before he kissed me for the first time outside the carnival we’d planned to go to with a group of people and decided to just go together when none of them showed up or answered their phones.

That kiss led to seeing more of each other at scheduled intervals, the kids today call them “dates” I believe. He’d take me to the movies and to dinner or coffee and minigolf, the usual stuff that makes silly young ladies willing to do more kissing and get more and more horizontal until you find yourself in bed with him struggling to shimmy out of the too tight jeans you wore so he’d admire your butt like you were animals in the throes of mating season and he fumbles with your bra and you contemplate intervening but worry it’ll damage his pretty little male ego, so you kiss him softly and secretly help him along, rewarding him with more kisses as you feel the garment leave your body to join your too tight jeans and slutty little panties on the floor.

Our first time having sex was the first time for both of us, and he managed to pull out the win before he left the field, I’m not really good at sports metaphors, but he made me cum before he did was what I was driving at. That success led to many, many more attempts to hone our craft together, practicing several times a week until we fell into a nice routine of regular, ordinary, missionary sex like a married couple does. He obviously was the first to bring up the subject of anal as a means of “trying something new”, and I jokingly asked if he wanted me to do him or him to do me and I saw the real him simmer to the surface, my joke making him correct me by asking if I was insinuating he was gay or something and I genuinely felt bad for forgetting that straight guys at that age are deathly afraid of being seen as anything other than virile, perfect male specimens for procreating with hetero women vaginas and never even looked at a penis despite having one they saw and played with constantly. I soothed him with sweet kisses and a blowjob and everything went back to business as usual.

Anal having been rebuked, he went with another cliché and urged me to call him “Daddy” as he thrust himself into me. My skin crawled as the words left my lips, but he came quit quickly afterward and I learned that he had a “wrap it up” button, something I kept in my back pocket for times when I wasn’t interested in sex but didn’t want my poor man to have full balls to make him harder to be around than me on my period. As time went on he got me sucking my thumb for him and then a pacifier, and I connected the dots before he eventually got around to confessing his fetish to me, but I played my part of reassuring girlfriend and told him I thought it was a cute and harmless fetish that I didn’t mind indulging in, making sure the word “occasionally” was included in my statement, I lied on all counts.

When I was almost six, my sister Carolina was born and I handled it amazingly well because I absolutely adored her and thought she was the most beautiful and perfect creature that ever existed. I spent as much time as I could with her, helping my mom take care of her after our shithead dad decided to nope out on another mouth to feed and left us to move into an apartment with my aunt because we couldn’t afford our house anymore. My mom started drinking in secret after pops left, but her secret drinking became very unsecretive verbal abuse directed at Carolina, the source of all her woes and I found myself in the role of protector, shielding my baby sister from my mother’s words while enduring physical abuse for my troubles in the form of spankings. After she went away to get clean, things were moderately better, though I’d developed a bedwetting problem from the anxiety of our chaotic lives that lasted well into my tweens.

Mom was a subscriber to the school of “Humiliate the problem away” parenting and made a big production out of the bedtime ritual of getting me into a diaper. She would lay me down beside Carolina and change her diaper, cooing lovingly at the baby she had blamed for her husband leaving less than a year earlier and then would repeat the process with me, using the same tone and exaggerated pronunciations until her “bigger baby” was ready for bed. She went all out as the months went on, going so far as to put me in the crib for the night while she put Carolina in the bassinet beside her bed, ignoring my sobbing apologies as she put a pacifier between my lips. Eventually she got the notion that the privacy of our home before bed wasn’t doing the trick to humiliate me into stopping my silly little very common and deeply upsetting medical condition and started threatening me with diapers to school and when we were out.

So it was that Tim’s introduction of diapers into our sex life was met with internal screaming but outward acceptance and tolerance, I tried to feign excitement or arousal at first, but PTSD is no joke, yo. He was happy that I was playing baby for him and he got to cum so often I thought he might dehydrate that Summer, he treated ejaculation like a game, coming up with new and exciting places to shoot his sticky ropes of goo. I had cum stains on bibs, shirts, a bonnet he made me wear one time before I burned the hideous and ridiculous thing in a ceremony to purge it’s existence from my memory, boy nutted on my tits, my back, my face, the front and back of the diapers he had me wear, and all the while he kept me calling him “Daddy”, insisting on it more and more often, escalating as my mother had so many years prior to trying to engage in the roleplay in public.

He swung for the fences the first time, emboldened by my acceptance of everything he’d had me do up to that point and I found myself sitting in a shopping cart being pushed around the store by him while he shopped for diapers and other baby things, making me suck my thumb for him as he drove me around and call him Daddy. I hated myself for allowing him to debase me like that, but I’d grown kinky in my time around him, coming to grips with the realization that humiliation got me off, thanks mom.

Around this time he’d moved out of his parents house and turned the second bedroom of his apartment into a nursery for me that he introduced me to when I brought over a coffee maker as a housewarming present. While this was happening, Carolina was hitting puberty and still struggling with her bedwetting, an apparently hereditary problem. She’d grown quite fond of Tim since he and I had started dating, and now that she was growing up she’d developed a crush on him, flirting with him when she thought I was just out of earshot, kid stuff that I chastised her for but dismissed as harmless, until she walked in on me on all fours in a diaper blowing him in my bedroom.

That Halloween she decided to be a baby, using her allowance to buy some diapers, digging her old footed pajamas from the depths of her closet, tying her hair into pigtails and stealing the “Daddy’s Girl” pacifier from the little box on the top shelf of my closet to complete her outfit, greeting Tim when he arrived to pick me up for our date and crawling away from him giggling like a little baby idiot as her diaper crinkled beneath her pajamas. I’d talked with her about what she’d seen us doing, the hardest and most awkward conversation I’d ever had, and explained that what she saw wasn’t wrong, that people sometimes pretended when they had sex and hoped that she didn’t ask any questions, four hours of questions later I went to bed feeling like I’d been a great older sister, and then I found her wiggling her diapered ass for my boyfriend on Halloween and I lost my cool with her, falling into my mother’s old routine, canceling my original plans with Tim to take “Baby Lina” trick or treating.

It’s not lost on me that I put Carolina on the path that ended her life, but Tim put me on the path that made me put her on her path, so I strongly argue that he’s the one at fault.

Carolina went to bed that night crying when girls from her school taking their younger siblings trick or treating teased her mercilessly, stopping when Tim stepped in, scooping the sobbing girl up into his arms, slipping the pacifier clipped to her pajamas into her mouth before he hugged her and tried to calm her down. I felt jealousy for his treatment of her, anger that he was babying her when I knew he had a fetish for it, fear that I’d done for my sister what my mother had done for me, awakening a craving for humiliation and a willingness to resort to degrading things to chase that high. I stopped Tim when he remarked that he believed “Baby Lina” was wet, taking her from him and kissing him goodnight as I carried her to bed. She had been wet, but her hatred of me in the moment made her roll over when I laid her down, crying as she sucked her pacifier.

The spiral out of control was quick and decisive, Lina decided that she preferred to be a baby, wearing the diapers she bought at first to bed and then around the house with me trying to keep our mom from finding out and failing when Lina opted to lay on the floor of her bedroom in the middle of the day in just her diaper and a shirt, babbling to herself as she played with some old toys she’d pulled out of storage. Mom played the hits, verbally humiliating Lina, calling me in to see what a pitiful sight her youngest daughter had become and leaving in disgust when Lina shit herself and began to bawl in the best performance of an actual baby I’d ever seen in my life. Filled with guilt and remorse I saddled the burden of caring for Lina, changing her diaper that day and filling that role more and more frequently until she was diapered all the time and playing baby at home the second she was done with her homework or chores, then she was getting sent home for having accidents and dear old mom threatened to pull her out of school and enroll her in daycare.

The night we left for good she told Lina that she was a disappointment and renewed her claims that dad leaving was her fault and told her that she wished she’d never been born. I hit my mother that night, slapped her in her cuntish mouth and grabbed Lina’s diaper bag and a bag I’d had packed for a while and left to stay with Tim, sealing both our fates.

Tim was warm and welcoming at first, giving Lina the nursery she dreamed of while keeping me in his room, but as time went on he began to dote on Lina more and she began to call him Daddy and I stepped in calling for a hard stop and he turned on me. I couldn’t sit down without wincing and nearly crying for three days after he laid down his punishment for telling him how he could and couldn’t conduct himself in his own home. Being Summer, Lina was out of school and I joined her in the nursery, treated like a baby all the time when Tim and I were home and forced to babysit when Tim was at work while also mandated to produce pictures of my diapered state for him to prove I was obeying his rules.

That mutual friend that introduced Tim and I stopped by to check on me when I quit my job to make sure Tim was never alone with Lina for fear that he’d lose sight of the fact that Lina was a minor and my responsibility not his and do something he couldn’t undo with her. Mutual friend ignored my claims of illness and pushed past me into the living room of the apartment, asking if I was babysitting when she saw the blanket littered with toys on the floor. My phone had started ringing and I knew it was Tim calling on his lunch break to make sure I was properly diapered and in my rush to answer, knowing that failing to do so would result in an interrogation and a spanking session, I stepped wrong on one of Lina’s toys and tumbled to the ground, my robe opening and flying up over my head leaving my wet diaper on full display to mutual friend as I cried because I’d bit my tongue and hurt my wrist catching myself in the fall.

Tim became the only adult in my life after that and I began to slip more and more into the role of baby the more time I spent with Lina, giving up my struggle to keep a balance in Tim and my relationship allowing him to have his fantasy life of having an adult baby girlfriend, a plaything to satiate his every desire. While he was at work I started playing a game with Lina, putting a colander on her head with a strap under her chin and telling her it was a machine that made all her dreams come true and she loved it and embraced it, wearing the colander to bed more and more often, babbling about her dreams as I changed her in the morning, kid stuff at first, princess riding a unicorn in a magical world kind of crap, but then she started telling me about her dreams of Daddy taking her to the park or the movies and I freaked out and packed our stuff and bolted. Lina was screaming in the backseat and I turned for a second to get her pacifier from the diaper bag and got smashed into by someone running a red light.

I heard her trying to cry when I came to, the ragged gash in her neck making it come out in bubbling wheezes. I tried to reach out to her, to hold her hand and comfort her, to calm the terrified wideness of her eyes to something more sedate and less nightmare inducing, but I was pinned by the passenger seat being shoved into me, the angle I was at when we got hit shattering my jaw and dislocating my arm leaving it limp and useless as I bloodily mumbled reassurances to her, something I did long after she’d gone still and silent. I slipped into a coma when the swelling in my brain got to be too much and missed her funeral, and my mother coming in to curse me for killing her baby girl, when I did wake up Tim was by my bedside holding my hand and he showered me with all the love and affection he’d given when we’d started dating but targeted at his image of me, the helpless baby to his strong and loving Daddy.

His ability to manipulate me increased a hundred fold when he took me home from the hospital, my medical need for diapers kept me dressed how he wanted me to be, my wired jaw kept me on a liquid diet to be administered by him and kept me from voicing any protest to his treatment of me, my near constant pain kept me sedated to enough of a degree that I was as weak and defenseless as an infant, my mental state deteriorated pretty rapidly and I spent most days crying for Lina which he purposefully turned into a game to identify why I was crying as any parent would do with a baby and all the other factors in my new normal had me buying into his game until I was believing that he was Daddy and I was Baby, but a small ember of the old me, the real me burned in my mind and I kept it glowing just enough to plan for my future, one free from him at best or reunited with Lina at worst.

After the mall he had driven to the cemetery and carried me to Lina’s grave, holding me in his arms facing away from the headstone as he did my talking for me.

Katiebug misses her baby sister a whole bunch, Lina.” he said, the patting to the mush in my seat deliberate in it’s intent to sink me further into the little space he kept me locked in. “Daddy misses you too.” he said, his tone a startlingly believable facsimile of genuine love.

I wasn’t listening anymore when he set me down and held my hand while he pretended to cry for her, I was focused on the sharp little piece of metal I’d found nestled in the plush unicorn Lina had had the day of the accident while he was driving us here. I became a passenger in my own body, everything happening as I could merely watch.

I was watching him cover his eyes and sob about how unfair it was for God to take Lina.

I was watching him when the metal sliver came out of the pocket of my neon pink overalls.

I was watching him when he turned to me to get me to pray with him.

I was watching him when the metal sliver slid across his throat in a blur of speed I’d long since imagined I’d lost the ability to reach.

I was watching when he clutched his throat and tumbled backward onto her grave, his blood pouring over the Earth as an offering to Lina for her to find peace and to forgive me.

I was watching when the light faded from his eyes and I dropped to my knees and wept, not for him or Lina, but for the overwhelming sense of relief I felt now that he was gone.

I was watching when the realization that I was alone entirely came, unable to care for myself because I was just a stupid, weak baby, buying into every lie he told me all at once all over again.

I was watching when the sliver of metal opened my arms vertically, my eyes burning with tears of remorse and regret.

I stopped watching when I finally saw Lina again.

To Be Continued...

• Like 6
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Historical Inaccuracies (Chapter Eleven Posted 12/25/21)

This is too dark for me. Too twisted. Makes me uncomfortable. I am however looking forward to the rest of the story now.

You still haven't really answered what the lab is about. Or even when that fits into the story compared to this. The time travel stuff as well.

Sigh I wish the last 2 chapters were written differently...

7 hours ago, DiaperedPrince said:

This is too dark for me. Too twisted. Makes me uncomfortable. I am however looking forward to the rest of the story now.

You still haven't really answered what the lab is about. Or even when that fits into the story compared to this. The time travel stuff as well.

Sigh I wish the last 2 chapters were written differently...

I mean, don't read it? Seriously, it won't hurt my feelings and I'd prefer someone read that wants to versus voicing their personal displeasure. If the writing is shit then call me on it, ditto grammar and punctuation, but how the story plays out isn't for you to decide. It comes off very rude to complain that a story isn't going the way you think it should, healthy debate is one thing but wishing, out loud, that things were written more to your liking isn't cool to me.

That said, I can't stop you from complaining and I won't bring it up again, but yeah, I needed to address this because it's bugging me.

Also, also, I've already very clearly stated there's no time travel, so that's not a thing to worry about here. :)

2 hours ago, TheUnknownAuthor said:

I mean, don't read it? Seriously, it won't hurt my feelings and I'd prefer someone read that wants to versus voicing their personal displeasure. If the writing is shit then call me on it, ditto grammar and punctuation, but how the story plays out isn't for you to decide. It comes off very rude to complain that a story isn't going the way you think it should, healthy debate is one thing but wishing, out loud, that things were written more to your liking isn't cool to me.

That said, I can't stop you from complaining and I won't bring it up again, but yeah, I needed to address this because it's bugging me.

Also, also, I've already very clearly stated there's no time travel, so that's not a thing to worry about here. :)

Sorry if I came off as complaining or purely criticizing. That wasn't my intent, I was simply voicing my opinion. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

XII

Anomaly”

I shot up from the chair with a gasp, coughing as the feeling of vomit rising up in my throat hit me. I yanked the headpiece of the machine off and rushed to the bathroom as my guts lurched and I threw up the entire contents of my stomach into the toilet. I sat back against the tub wiping the tears from my eyes after flushing the toilet and groaned as my stomach fluttered. “What the fuck was that?” I wondered, thinking back to what I’d seen in the machine.

Getting up several minutes later, I padded to the computer and looked at the readouts on the screen, clicking through them made me even more confused. The first thing I noticed was that I’d been in the machine for seventeen hours without breaking, confirmed by not only the smell of my diaper but the dampness of my pants confirming I’d leaked more than a little in that time. The more concerning thing was the information explaining that Katie was the user and not me, which was impossible given that she was dead. I went back to the bathroom and stripped out of my soiled diaper and clothes and took a long, hot shower to clear my mind.

After I’d gotten clean and into a fresh diaper and clothes, I typed away at the keyboard on my desk, chasing the threads to find an explanation, coming across the creation timestamp of Katie’s profile, when Tim had used the machine to revisit his memory of her. When I worked out from that point it became clear that the machine had created a user profile for Katie that had gone unused until I’d altered the parameters of the memories to allow for manipulation of specific aspects of the memory, the difference between my own normal memories and those I’d altered tricking the machine into seeing me as a new user, Katie, and seeding her profile with what I’d experienced.

Why would I see memories from Katie’s point of view without them actually existing?” I wondered.

Flashes of everything I’d experienced in the machine went through my mind, my previous exit and seeing of Katie having been part of my time inside, concerning me greatly at how real and terrifying everything had seemed.

So, the glitch, or whatever it was made me see Katie because it was creating her profile, but why was she my sister?” I wondered.

My phone chimed and I picked it up to see that I’d missed Tim calling me a dozen times while I was in the machine, increasingly concerned texts filling the screen as I clicked on the icon for them. He was “Daddy” still in my contacts, his profile picture the one I’d taken while he was here and sleeping, and I felt better knowing that everything was just a horrible dream.

Are you alright?!” he asked as soon as he answered the phone when I called.

I nodded. “Yes, I’m sorry, I had some issues with the machine.” I told him, keeping things vague for my own benefit as much as his.

What happened?” he asked.

Just some bugs that need working out.” I lied.

He sighed. “Well, please pay better attention to your phone, I was really worried about you.” he told me.

I chewed my lip nervously. “I’m sorry, Daddy, I’ll do better.” I told him.

We talked for several hours about what was happening with him where he was and I made up stories about what I’d been up to, leaving out the dangerous science projects and nightmare scenarios from the mind of a dead girl and we exchanged loving sentiments and said our good night’s.

I sighed and set my phone down on the desk and looked at the data. “There’s no way for Katie’s memories to be in the machine,” I thought, “and even if they could, she definitely isn’t my sister and didn’t murder Tim after my death.” I continued, drumming my fingers on the desk. “What if,” my fingers danced across the keyboard, “Katie being created as a user was due to Tim’s strong memory of her, his love for her,” I grimaced at the thought of him loving her more than me but pushed my jealousy aside, “and when I tweaked the settings,” I typed more and beamed with pride at my genius, “I created life.” I finished.

The screen plainly showed a map similar to mine and Tim’s, sequences of memory from throughout our lives, but this map wasn’t made from experienced memories, it was woven together using remnants of mine and Tim’s memories, filling in the blanks with whatever best fit the trending criteria, my tweaks to the way the machine functioned meant that the criteria became being seen or treated like a baby beyond infancy.

I inserted myself into Katie’s “life” as her sister to rationalize my being present for her “memories”, taking on her point of view because,” I stopped, “because why?” I wondered as I typed. “Because after I changed the way the machine ran it defaulted to Katie’s profile as the only new user to be using the machine after the changes I made.” I smiled again, exceedingly proud of myself for sifting through all the distractions of what I’d seen and experienced to find the source of the problem. “My subconscious thoughts and fears about Tim being gone manifested in what I saw, my jealousy for him loving Katie painted him as the villain and everything else is just nightmares or daydreams turned into memory because of a glitch.” I surmised.

The slow clapping sound made me jump in my seat. “Quite the little detective, aren’t you?” Katie said, her voice not coming from the room but seeming to be directly in my head.

I looked around for her and chided myself for doing so. “You’re not real, you’re just corrupted data.” I said.

Katie was suddenly seated on the edge of the desk beside me, a pout on her face. “That’s not a very nice thing to say to your big sister, now is it?” she asked.

You’re not my sister, and you’re not real.” I told her.

Her pout turned into a spreading smile. “Alright, I’m not real.” she said, hopping off the desk to walk to the front door of the lab before she stopped and turned. “But,” she said, raising her hand with her index finger extended upward like an idea had just struck her, “how do you know what I look like?” she asked, walking back toward me. “I mean, you didn’t even know I existed until you talked to Tim in your memories.” she said.

He described you to me.” I pointed out.

Did he?” she asked. “Think about it, Lina, is your machine a time machine?” she asked.

I shook my head. “No.” I told her. “It just let’s the user merge their current consciousness with their past self, like being in a rerun of a TV show.” I told her.

So, if past you didn’t know about me then how do you know about me now?” she asked.

I sighed. “Tim told me about you when I played baby for him.” I explained.

She nodded. “So, you brought knowledge you didn’t have in the past back to the present?” she asked. “How is that not time travel?” she asked.

I stood up and waved my hand dismissively. “Why am I even listening to you, you’re not real!” I shouted.

She appeared in front of me to block my path. “Am I any less real than the therapist you saw that put you in the padded room?” she asked, advancing toward me as I backed away from her. “What about me killing Tim, am I less real than that?” she asked.

I reached the desk chair and tumbled back onto it, looking up at her as she bent down to face me, her braces glinting as she smiled at me. “All of that stuff was just my mind playing tricks because the machine got messed up.” I told her.

She stroked my cheek softly, her hands like ice. “Perception is reality, baby sister.” she whispered.

My head began to throb, my vision blurring as the room felt like it was receding from me rapidly, the same way it did when the machine started up. I watched Katie become a speck in the spreading darkness that overtook everything in sight, my voice failing me as I tried to call out to her, to beg for her to stop whatever was happening.

Fair warning,” her tiny voice echoed from somewhere in the vast distance, “it’s only real if you believe it is.” she said.

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!” came the high little voice, clearly in motion somewhere above me.

I opened my eyes to see an adorable little girl in pink princess adorned footie pajamas jumping up and down above me, her legs spread wide so her feet were bouncing on the bed on either side of my legs. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and smiled at her before I sat up and wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her down to me for cuddles and kisses, her high squealing and giggling like music to my ears. “Isn’t it a little too early for all this energy, Katiebug?” I asked her.

She shook her head. “Nuh uh!” she disagreed.

You didn’t wake your sister, did you?” I asked.

She shook her head again.

I brushed her Auburn hair from her face and smiled at her. “Did you sleep good?” I asked.

She nodded.

There was a stirring behind me and then his arm was draped around my middle, his fingers reaching out to tickle the little girl’s tummy making her giggle once more. He propped himself up on his other arm and kissed my cheek. “Good morning, ladies.” he said with the thickness of sleep in his voice, “What are we talking about?” he asked.

I leaned against his bare chest and craned my head back to kiss his cheek. “Katiebug and I were just discussing the impact that unchecked government spending has on local businesses and homes.” I explained.

He nodded thoughtfully. “Heavy stuff.” he said. “Katie, was that what you were talking about?” he asked the little girl.

She shook her head and giggled. “Mommy’s being silly, Daddy.” she told him.

He gasped. “Mommy?” he asked. “Love of my life and mother to our children was being silly?!” he exclaimed with an overly dramatic tone, his hand coming up to his head, the back of it pressed against his forehead like a fainting damsel. “Whatever shall I do?!” he asked.

Tickle her!” Katie squealed.

I looked at her with feigned shock a moment before his fingers were dancing across my side making me jerk and squirm as I started laughing uncontrollably. Katie decided to help, her little, less dexterous fingers scratching softly at my arm like a kitten, her own giggles making me laugh harder.

Have we driven the silliness from you?” he asked me.

The warmth in my diaper wasn’t silliness, but the tickling had driven it out of me and I nodded as I tried to catch my breath. “All the silliness is gone.” I said in a monotone robot voice.

Katie giggled once more and squirmed away, crawling over me to his side of the bed to hug him.

I rolled over to face them and smiled as he hugged her and pushed the blankets off himself to stand up with her, his forearm supporting her poofy bottom as he set her on his hip, his fashionable flannel pajama bottoms resting just below the delicious fitness of his toned torso. “Breakfast in ten?” he asked me.

I shook my head. “Make it twenty for me.” I said.

He nodded and bounced the little girl with his arm. “Should we go wake Ophelia?” he asked.

Katie shook her head. “Daddy and Katie time!” she exclaimed, hugging him tightly.

I’ll get Ophelia.” I told him.

He came around the bed to my side and leaned down to kiss me. “Don’t keep me waiting, I need all my girls present to make waffles the right way.” he said.

Once the bedroom door was closed behind them I sighed and cast the blankets off of me and looked down at the sodden garment taped around my waist. I stretched and slid my legs off the side of the bed, wiggling my toes as my feet touched the cold wood floor and got up, padding to the bathroom with a slight waddle and a rustling from my diaper as I went. I’d always been a bedwetter, but having two kids had shot my bladder all to hell and I’d been struggling since Ophelia’s birth to not feel like just another one of the kids because of it. Tim was supportive, obviously, but he was pulling away from me because of my insistence that it was my problem and I’d handle it, the thought of him changing me like he did with our daughters brought a flush to my cheeks even thinking about it. I wore thin, discreet pull on protection during the day just in case I sneezed or laughed or just happened to leak without realizing it, but overnight was a tape on affair and as the cool air hit my damp skin once I ripped the tapes off I sighed and hefted the weighty garment up from between my legs to ball it up and toss it in the trash before hopping in the shower.

Once I was clean I dried off and slipped into my pull on garment for the day and dressed in something casual for around the house before I made my way to the girl’s room to get Ophelia up. The nursery, we didn’t use that word around Katie so she wouldn’t encourage the notion she’d adopted since the birth of her sister that she was still a baby, was still decorated the same as it had been when Katie was born, pastel pinks and yellows for the walls, the difference being that now their was a toddler bed in the corner opposite the crib.

When we’d told Katie she was going to be getting a new brother or sister she’d handled it in the worst way possible, insisting that she was the baby and fighting us every step of the way when we tried to get her to embrace the normal things a four old should be proud of. She backslid in her potty training, returning to the days of having accidents during the day after nearly a year of staying dry, like her mother, she was a bedwetter, and wearing diapers to bed made it easier for her to rationalize that she should be wearing them again during the day. We’d fought her on it, of course, but constant laundry and an increase in weariness from pregnancy forced us to give in and allow her to wear her diapers all the time. She thankfully gave up the crib when Ophelia was born, a big girl bed of her own proving to be too much of a good thing for her to not want.

Ophelia was every bit as beautiful as her sister, the little wisps of dark hair atop her perfect little head meant that we’d have one daughter that took after her mother and one that took after her father, and though she was still too little to tell, we could tell that she was going to be a total knockout when she got older, her green eyes sparkled like little emeralds and her little nose turned up ever so slightly. Tim had suggested baby beauty pageants for both girls as a joke, but I’d shot him down, but I knew he wasn’t wrong that they could both win without even trying, though I suppose lots of parents think of their kids that way.

I changed Ophelia and went to the rocking chair to feed her, nursing had to be done out of Katie’s view now ever since she threw a tantrum at being denied her own opportunity to nurse from me when Ophelia had first gotten home. We gave in on the diapers, but there was no way my four year old was going to latch on to me like some confused puppy that’s forgotten about the bowl of food nearby. I rocked softly with Ophelia in my arms, her soft little sucking noises filling my ears as she sleepily looked up at me, her eyes fighting to stay open for a short time before she slipped back to sleep and I set her back down in the crib to head to the kitchen to see the waffles that were making the house smell like heaven.

No Ophelia?” Tim asked when I walked in and headed for the freshly made coffee on the counter.

I shook my head. “She’s still sleepy.” I told him.

Daddy, let’s put chocolate chips in this one!” Katie chirped from her cross legged perch on the kitchen island.

Tim looked at me. “What say you, Mommy?” he asked.

I shrugged. “Chocolate chips are more a pancake thing, aren’t they?” I asked Katie.

She shook her head vehemently. “No, they go in everything.” she said as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I nodded and sat down on the stool beside the island, stroking Katie’s hair softly as I took my first sip of life saving caffeine. “She’s right.” I told Tim.

Tim nodded and went to the fridge to get a bag of chocolate chips, dumping a handful into the bowl of waffle batter and plucking one out to drop into Katie’s open and waiting mouth like a baby bird and then to my surprise he did the same with me, making me blush as I copied Katie and accepted the chip with my mouth open and my head tilted back.

I watched him stir the chips in, his strong forearms tensed to show off his muscles and I inwardly swooned. We’d been married for seven years before Katie was born, high school sweethearts married after graduation, you know the story. Our life together had been as close to a storybook as you could imagine, great jobs, gorgeous house, two kids, and constant love on both our parts throughout.

Did your sister say when she was going to get here?” he asked as he plopped a glob of batter onto the waffle iron.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and checked for any new messages and shook my head. “It’s my sister, so she’ll probably be fashionably late.” I told him.

There was a small, almost imperceptible shift in the room, like when you start to feel dizzy just before things start shaking in an earthquake. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to shake the odd feeling away.

Do we know what version of her will be joining us for dinner?” Tim asked.

I shook my head. “Your guess is as good as mine.” I told him, slightly confused by his statement, the confusion fading almost instantly as something clicked in my mind and I understood precisely what he meant.

The waffles sizzled as they cooked and Katie watched her Daddy making waffles with a wide smile on her face that matched my own as I watched her watching him.

I’m betting we’ll be stuck babysitting again.” he said as he opened the waffle iron and used the spatula to lift the done waffle out and onto the little pile of already finished one’s on a nearby plate.

I nodded absently, my mind wandering as the memory of Katie’s last visit played out in my mind and I shook my head to banish it away, a blush returning to my cheeks as I noticed the dampness beneath my pants.

Alright, who’s ready for waffles?!” he asked.

Katie bounced on her butt and threw her hands up in the air. “Me, Daddy, me!” she squealed.

Tim picked her up and took her over to the table, setting her down in the highchair and buckling her in before grabbing a bib from the drawer behind him to secure around her neck with the Velcro ends.

You alright, hon?” he asked, his hand gently resting on my shoulder.

I nodded and turned to look at him. “Still waking up.” I told him.

He went to the fridge and got the syrup and a baby bottle of juice from inside and set the syrup on the table and the bottle on Katie’s highchair tray as I made my way to the chair to her right and sat down.

Another wave passed over me, this one slightly stronger than before and I sat with my eyes closed for a longer time waiting for it to pass.

Don’t let it get cold.” he said.

I opened my eyes and smiled at him across the table. “Sorry, I’ve been feeling weird since I got up.” I told him.

Katie was already demolishing her little plastic plate of chocolate chip waffle, her hands and face shiny with syrup and little streaks of chocolate.

Are you getting sick?” he asked.

I shook my head and picked up my napkin, unfolding it and setting it down in my lap before I picked up the syrup and poured a little onto my waffle, smiling as I filled the indentations. “Probably just stress.” I told him.

Katie picked up her bottle and tilted her head back to guzzle her orange juice, sucking greedily from it and making me grateful once again she wasn’t nursing anymore.

Is there anything I can do to help?” he asked.

I shook my head. “I’ll be fine.” I told him as I cut a piece of my waffle with my fork and brought it up to my mouth.

My phone chimed and I looked down at it as I chewed, reading the message on the screen and shaking my head.

Bad news?” he asked as he sipped his coffee.

I sighed. “No, just Katie being Katie.” I said.

Our Katie giggled. “Is Auntie Katie being silly?” she asked.

I nodded. “Just as silly as the little girl that shares her name.” I told her, smiling at her messy little face.

Babysitting?” Tim asked.

I opened the message and slid my phone across the table to him as I took another bite of waffle. “You tell me.” I said.

He picked up my phone, read the message and slid it back to me. “I guess it was too much to hope for to have a grownups only night.” he said.

I knew what he meant, but the knowledge that I’d be wearing a diaper tonight like our daughters made me blush at the thought that he was lumping me together with them rather than the “grownups”. “I can cancel.” I offered.

He shook his head. “No, she needs to be allowed to see her family.” he said.

Katie was finished with her waffle and had begun her morning purge, lifting herself up from the seat of her highchair, eyes closed and grunting softly.

Katie, you know that’s not polite to do at the table.” Tim chided her.

I sighed as I watched our four year old daughter fill her diaper in her highchair as though she were a year old again and felt depression set in. I felt like a failure as a mother for having my four year old acting like a baby and not being able to stop it, a failure as a wife for pushing Tim away when he tried to help me with my diapers, and a failure as an adult for the wetness in my, for lack of a better word, training pants. I looked down at the message on my phone and read it again dimly aware that the wetness between my legs was growing heavier.

See you soon, big sister!” was all Katie’s message said.

Tim was cleaning Katie’s hands and face with a baby wipe and hoisting her from the highchair. “I’m going to change her and then we can talk about tonight.” he told me.

I nodded, not really listening as I absently poked at my waffle with my fork.

Katie was five years older than me, something she used to lord over me when we were growing up, but around the time she’d gone off to college she’d become something completely different. College was a time for experimentation, I’d had sex with my best friend Cassidy in our dorm room, Tim had fling with the twice his age librarian, and Katie had done what our daughter was doing, regressed to infancy. When she’d come home for Thanksgiving she’d dragged me to her old room to tell me all about how she’d learned about Adult Babies and realized that she was truly happiest when she was wearing a diaper and playing baby.

The last time she’d visited us she’d shown up in her designer clothes, looking every bit the successful attorney she was only to emerge from the bathroom once we’d put the then baby Katie to bed for the night in a diaper and onesie sucking a pacifier. Tim’s eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw her and we spent the next two hours discussing her lifestyle, me trying to explain to her why she was in the wrong for forcing us into her kinky game and Tim being more understanding and tolerant of her behavior because he’s a very tolerant and understanding man.

Hey.” he said, making me jump in my seat.

I didn’t hear you come back.” I told him, blushing once more at the realization I was in need of a change.

He knelt beside me and took my hand in his. “Do you trust me?” he asked.

I nodded. “You know I do.” I told him, smiling lovingly at him.

He stood up and gently pulled on my hand to bring me to my feet before he bent down and scooped me up and into his arms, supporting my soggy butt with his arms.

Instinct took over as my legs wrapped around his body and I hugged my arms around his shoulders. “Tim, what are you-” I started to protest.

He bounced me softly and leaned his head back to look me in the eyes. “Let me take care of you, Lina.” he said softly.

He’d never called me anything but ‘Carolina’ or ‘honey’, but something about the childish sounding moniker felt familiar and right. “You do take care of me, and the girls.” I told him.

I change two girl’s diapers even though there’s three girls in diapers in this house.” he said.

My cheeks burned with shame and I tried to wriggle out of his grasp only to be hopelessly unable to put up any kind of resistance to his vastly superior strength.

I love you, Lina, and I want you to let me take care of you.” he said. “Please.” he added.

I felt so helpless and small in his arms, the dampness in my pants making me feel ridiculous, making my emotions go a little awry as tears welled up in my eyes.

I want to take you to the bedroom and get you out of those wet pull ups, okay?” he asked.

I sniffled and nodded, eager to have the embarrassing garment refreshed.

He started walking back to the bedroom, carrying me with apparent ease and gently set me down on the bed before going to the door to close it.

Tim, I-” I started to say before his finger was pressed against my lips softly to stop me.

He shook his head softly. “Do you want out of those wet pull ups?” he asked.

I nodded and felt a tear roll down my cheek.

He knelt down so we were face to face. “Then ask Daddy nicely to change you.” he said.

My throat went dry and I could hardly believe what I’d heard him say, my mind replaying the sentence over and over as my face grew warmer with every repetition. “What?” I asked dumbly.

He smiled and brushed my hair from my face. “Ask Daddy to change your wet pull ups for you.” he said.

I stared at him in disbelief, sure he was mocking me or trying to embarrass me for some reason. “Tim, you know I can’t help that I have accidents.” I said, sounding so much like a petulant little girl in my own ears that it was no surprise he was smiling wider at me after I spoke.

I know you can’t, Lina, that’s why Daddy’s going to put you in a nice dry diaper.” he said. “But only if you ask him to.” he added.

My mind was tumbling out of control trying to wrap my thoughts around what was happening right now. “Is this about Katie?” I asked, her lifestyle being the only thing I could think of to bring this kind of behavior from him out, despite him never behaving this way before now.

He shook his head. “This is about you needing help but being too silly to ask for it.” he said. “This is about me taking care of you and making sure you’re safe and happy always.” he said, his hands on my shoulders to gently push me onto my back as he made quick work of stripping my pants from me. “This is about Daddy taking care of Lina.” he said as he looked down on me and smiled.

I chewed my bottom lip nervously, feeling ridiculous laying on our marital bed, where we’d conceived our two daughters, looking up at him with my wet training pants on full display.

If you ask Daddy to change you I’ll make sure you have a very happy diaper changing experience.” he offered, leaning down to gently press the damp padding of the training pants against my sex.

I blushed and whimpered softly at his touch, the feel of the friction of my piss soaked padding against my pussy feeling like nothing I’d ever felt before but the words wouldn’t come, I couldn’t demean myself that way and I shook my head and covered my face and started crying.

Real enough for you?” Katie asked.

I opened my eyes and found myself laying on the bed in my lab in just my diaper, my hand pressed against the yellowed middle of it, Katie standing above me as Tim had been, a satisfied smirk on her face. “What was that?” I panted, my head spinning as I tried to focus my vision on her.

She reached down and placed her icy hand on mine, pressing my hand into the front of my diaper with hers, scoffing. “That, baby sister, was vanilla.” she said as she guided my hand to stimulate myself through my diaper, “I think baby Lina might be ready for a more adventurous flavor though.” she teased as she removed her hand from mine, smirking as I continued rubbing myself and folded her hands over her chest and nodded once in an imitation of a character from a show I’d loved watching reruns of when I was a kid, all that was missing was a little sound effect to punctuate her nod.

To Be Continued...

• Like 4
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Historical Inaccuracies (Chapter Twelve Posted 12/29/21)
10 minutes ago, kerry said:

Loved the I Dream of Jeannie reference at the end! ?

This is one of the most complicated narratives we have see in quite a while.

I actually almost cut it because I thought it might be too silly but then I remembered that this story is already pretty crazy that it wouldn't hurt anything. :P

I have this idea that the story should exist in such a way that anyone reading it is just as confused and disoriented as Lina is, that the reader isn't any more knowledgeable than she is about what's happening or why and just when things start to make a little bit of sense we're back to being in the dark. Maybe it's weird to want to keep things confusing, but it's fun to write and I hope it's, "fun" isn't the word, but I'd settle for interesting. :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheUnknownAuthor said:

I have this idea that the story should exist in such a way that anyone reading it is just as confused and disoriented as Lina is, that the reader isn't any more knowledgeable than she is about what's happening or why and just when things start to make a little bit of sense we're back to being in the dark.

Congrats, you're pretty good at doing that, though that's the complete opposite of the type of story that I like to write (and read). Nonetheless this is still proving to be a good read and I'm gonna keep following it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, TheUnknownAuthor said:

I have this idea that the story should exist in such a way that anyone reading it is just as confused and disoriented as Lina is, that the reader isn't any more knowledgeable than she is about what's happening or why and just when things start to make a little bit of sense we're back to being in the dark.

You know, I stopped in here a while back for a casual skim (as I do in every thread) to see if the story hooked me, and it didn't, so I left.  But seeing this bit of information makes me want to give it a second try, maybe put a little more effort into the read and see if I can pick up on the vibe you're trying to give off here.  Because this is an ambitious approach, in some ways even tougher than tackling believable second person narrative in a long form story, and I respect your vision enough to give it another shot. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, TheUnknownAuthor said:

:P

I have this idea that the story should exist in such a way that anyone reading it is just as confused and disoriented as Lina is, that the reader isn't any more knowledgeable than she is about what's happening or why and just when things start to make a little bit of sense we're back to being in the dark. Maybe it's weird to want to keep things confusing, but it's fun to write and I hope it's, "fun" isn't the word, but I'd settle for interesting. :)

Oh this is definitely fun and interesting,  I'm legitimately feeling the confusion and actually disoriented would be a fairly accurate description.  I love that we never have a clue where this story is going. It doesn't fit into a trope or fulfill some usual fantasy storyline of a typical diaper story.  It hits on little bits and pieces that I suspect might appeal to parts of various reader's fantasies but still manages to pull them all back into one (I want to use the word cohesive here, but I gotta read to the end before I can say that) storyline. 

Honestly speaking this is one of the most intriguing pieces of literature that I can ever recall reading and I can't wait to see how it plays out in the end.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, DiaperedPrince said:

Congrats, you're pretty good at doing that, though that's the complete opposite of the type of story that I like to write (and read). Nonetheless this is still proving to be a good read and I'm gonna keep following it.

I know we have a difference of opinion and style of writing/preference for narrative, but that's kind of what makes the world go around, right? Sure, what I'm doing is definitely not for everyone and you're not the first to say that you either planned to or actually did dip out on the story BUT you're also not the only person to be like "hey, maybe there's something here" and I appreciate it. Thank you. :)

9 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

You know, I stopped in here a while back for a casual skim (as I do in every thread) to see if the story hooked me, and it didn't, so I left.  But seeing this bit of information makes me want to give it a second try, maybe put a little more effort into the read and see if I can pick up on the vibe you're trying to give off here.  Because this is an ambitious approach, in some ways even tougher than tackling believable second person narrative in a long form story, and I respect your vision enough to give it another shot. 

Your first instinct could be absolutely correct, but I appreciate you giving the story another chance. Hooks are weird for me because obviously they should start at the start, but how I see this story going means that the hook couldn't come in until we'd done a bit of legwork and unfortunately that means some folks wouldn't be around for that, but I think it's very cool that you're willing to do a second run over to confirm or disprove your initial feeling. Thank you. :)

7 hours ago, thedman said:

Oh this is definitely fun and interesting,  I'm legitimately feeling the confusion and actually disoriented would be a fairly accurate description.  I love that we never have a clue where this story is going. It doesn't fit into a trope or fulfill some usual fantasy storyline of a typical diaper story.  It hits on little bits and pieces that I suspect might appeal to parts of various reader's fantasies but still manages to pull them all back into one (I want to use the word cohesive here, but I gotta read to the end before I can say that) storyline. 

Honestly speaking this is one of the most intriguing pieces of literature that I can ever recall reading and I can't wait to see how it plays out in the end.

You're spot on in your assessment. There's moving parts here that, sometimes, want to fight each other with regards to that cohesion you're hinting at. An example of this is the machine being assumed as a time machine by not just the reader but also characters in the story, the way it behaves allows for time travelesque story beats at times and that's confusing and possibly undesirable for people reading it because they'll form an idea that this is in fact a time travel story when it absolutely isn't. The story is cheating by having it's cake and eating it, but I temper that with not lingering too long on one thing so we don't get too attached to one aspect, which could mean they aren't invested overall, I have no clue.

I often make reference to my being a shit writer, mostly because of a life spent being self deprecating for defensive purposes, but true or not, I'm not perfect and the way I'm writing this story is high risk and I fully expect to have trouble sticking the landing because of how intricate the previously mentioned moving parts of the story are, I might nail it and people will be satisfied and or blown away by what I managed to do, I have no clue, the important thing is that I'm enjoying what I'm doing and being true to my artistic vision and if it works it works and if it don't it don't. Thank you. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! It's been a minute, I know, I'm doing my best to not make delays to my writing, but life is what it is right now. I'd throw a recap here, but honestly it wouldn't make much sense if I went into detail, so here's a really basic summary!

"Carolina is a scientist that made a machine that allows the user to experience their memories with their current self's consciousness in their past self's body. Tim, her lifelong friend and secret crush helped her test it out and they totally banged because he's into girls that wear diapers and she embraced that fully because she learned about it through her machine. Tim's dead ex girlfriend is now haunting Lina, that's her little name, and Lina is experiencing all kinds of seriously messed up hallucinations as a result of modifying her machine to change memories into a mix of fantasy."

See, it sounds really weird and dumb when you say it out loud. :P Anyway, here's more of the story, maybe some sense will be made and we'll finally get some ans....we're not, it's going to make you want answers, but we're not there yet. We are getting closer though, if that helps. :)

XIII

Extreme

Darkness enveloped me, heavily muffled voices came from somewhere around me, everywhere it seemed. I tried to open my eyes and found it to be extremely difficult but I managed and was confused and frightened when my vision was blurred by liquid. I tried to move my body, will my arms and legs to perform an act they’d done hundreds of times in my life, I tried to swim somewhere but merely succeeded in jostling slightly. I realized that I wasn’t drowning, that I was breathing but my mouth was closed and, once I’d begun paying attention to it, my nose wasn’t carrying out the task as it normally would. I could feel my lungs filling and emptying and began to relax, closing my eyes once more, listening to the rhythmic thumping around me, allowing it to soothe me to sleep.

I opened my eyes once more, unsure of how long I’d been asleep and surveyed my surroundings once more, this time I was made acutely aware of where I was and what was happening, though that didn’t mean I believed it. I was naked, my body looking the same as it did in the lab, tits and bush and all that jazz, but where my belly button should’ve been was a fleshy tube, using context clues I surmised that it was in fact an umbilical cord and I was in a womb, probably Katie’s given her twisted way of thinking.

I floated in the amniotic fluid of my living space and stewed over being manipulated and tortured by Katie, the nerve of a goddamned dead woman warping my dreams or fantasies or reality or whatever the fuck all of this was for whatever sick purpose was infuriating and I kicked the wall in frustration, smiling to myself at my little bit of rebellion, imagining her experiencing some small amount of pain or discomfort because of me as I’d been made to feel a thousand fold because of her.

Floating in amniotic fluid in darkness can obviously be disorienting, but the loss of any kind of sense of time was what really messed with me. Sleep came and went without any kind of knowledge of how long it lasted, add to that fact that I had no idea how long I’d been here before I officially joined this body, and needless to say I started to have a little trouble coping. I’d tried to do things to keep my mind occupied, math problems, trying to solve the mystery of Katie and what was happening to me, but the more I thought of her the more I became bitter and resentful and started thinking about Tim to make me happier, then I figured that if I was indeed in Katie’s womb that Tim was more than likely the second part of the equation that led to me being here and depression set in shortly after.

When I started struggling with the complex college level math equations I went back to my high school geometry. I thought of Tim and I together in the lab and missed him as a woman, thought of Katie’s actions and hated her, seething as I drifted in and out of sleep in my womb tomb, smiling at the realization that the words rhymed and how smart I was for recognizing that fact.

By the time counting above ten began to give me trouble I’d had a change of mood, I was calm and at peace in my stasis, the continuous thump thump of, whatever it was that was making that soothing noise lulling me into an almost zen like trance. My thoughts became singular rather than the stream they had been, reliving moments with Tim became merely remembering his face, Katie was the same, my involvement with them in those moments was gone, as was the knowledge of who they were to me, they were merely faces I could recall and they were pretty to look at and it made me feel warm and safe in my little cocoon.

I was awoken by a flurry of muffled voices, my safe space jostling wildly making me confused and scared, the liquid surrounding me began to diminish, the space around me seeming to close in on me. I looked around for help, some way to fix my broken home, then I was moving, slowly as though I were a caterpillar crawling over a branch and then faster, the world erupting into bright light and freezing cold air. I felt hands on my skin, felt myself moving upward, my vision blurred in the brightness of the world and then warmth wrapped around me and it was better, but I still voiced my displeasure, screaming at the top of my lungs to the wibbly, dark blobs that moved around my field of view.

Ten fingers and ten toes, congratulations!” a woman’s voice said.

Something went into each nostril of my nose and I was rubbed with something warm and damp and then I was completely wrapped up in a dry warmth and moved somewhere. I tried to focus my vision on the dark shapes before me and as they began to take shape I recognized them from the pictures in my head and felt immediately calm and safe.

Welcome to the world, Lina.” the man said. “I’m your Daddy.” he told me.

There was a dim understanding of the name, something that was gone before I could dig deeper into its meaning.

And this lovely lady is your Mommy.” he said.

The woman smiled down at me and gently pressed her lips to my forehead.

All at once I was back, at least my adult mind was, the moment her lips pressed to my skin there was an almost electrical current that passed through us and woke up all my dormant brain cells. I opened my mouth to speak but only managed to let out a soft gurgling sound.

I didn’t think it was right to keep you from knowing and understanding everything that’s happening.” she told me, “What kind of fun would it be to be an actual infant?” she asked rhetorically.

If Daddy or any of the hospital staff heard her, they didn’t give any indication of it.

So, this is the extreme fantasy.” Mommy said. “Basically, you’re an adult but fun sized!” she chirped, opening the blanket that was wrapped around me to gently tickle my bare stomach. “See, you’ve still got your boobies, but you’re the size of a newborn, isn’t that fun?” she asked.

I fussed, beginning to squirm and wail in her arms.

Because I don’t really want to listen to all the “you bitch, what have you done to me” and “you can’t do this” business, I’ll let you know that I can understand you, not Daddy or anyone else, only me, so unless you want me to turn all those pretty little adult thoughts and emotions back off, you’ll settle down and listen to me.” she said.

I calmed slowly as she rocked me. “Why are you torturing me?” I asked, surprised to hear my voice sounding so small and fragile in my own ears.

She smirked. “Torture would be something entirely different than this, sweetie, but I can torture you if you’d prefer.” she offered.

No, please!” I yelped.

I thought not.” she said with a satisfied smile.

Why isn’t Daddy freaking out that you’re talking to me the way you are?” I asked.

She looked up at him and then back down to me. “This is a fantasy, Lina, do you remember what a fantasy is?” she asked.

I nodded sheepishly. “So, what are you going to do to me?” I asked.

She took a deep breath in through her nostrils and sighed contentedly. “For you.” she corrected. “I’m going to give you an experience, honey.” she said with a smile spreading across her face as she gently patted my bottom through the blanket.

Nothing happened quite like it should in this world. This world where I was a tiny version of myself that people saw and treated like a newborn, I suppose ‘normal’ would be a relative term. The hospital staff had taken me from Mommy, bathed me and got me into a diaper and returned me to her so she could feed me. The feeling of nursing from her was the closest thing to bliss I could imagine, the warmth of her body, the smell of her skin, the need I felt inside of me being satiated with every swallow of the sweet liquid. I remember closing my eyes, and then when I opened them I was still at her breast but in a room in a house rather than the hospital. She wasn’t dressed in her papery gown anymore, she wasn’t flushed and sweaty from birthing me, she was clean and dressed in real clothes and absolutely gorgeous.

She rocked me in her arms in the chair she sat in and hummed a soft tune, smiling a moment later as she looked down at me. “Lina, are you thinking naughty thoughts about Mommy?” she asked.

I continued to nurse, wondering how she knew I’d been imagining kissing her full lips with my own as I absently nodded.

Her arm was cradling me, my bottom resting in her hand as though it were made specifically for the task, and as she rocked us and resumed her humming, her fingers closed, the two center digits pressing gently against the crotch of my diaper, moving in little circles as they ever so gently, but firmly pressed the damp material within against my most sensitive flesh. Like nursing, her ministrations were so intense that I was wracked with orgasmic waves of pleasure almost instantly, cumming harder and more powerfully than I’d ever experienced.

Six.” she whispered. “I know it’s hard to think after all that pleasure.” she said, “You just had six orgasms because I ever so gently massaged your wet diaper for three seconds.” she explained.

My brain was barely functioning, my nursing happening on instinct, my body handling the evacuation of what it needed to in order to make room for more of her delicious milk, I was every bit the infant this world saw me as, but still an adult in mind and body.

She pulled me from her breast and covered herself up before lifting me and facing me over her shoulder as she began to pat my back.

After a large burp I sighed contentedly and melted into her embrace. “I love you, Mommy.” I murmured dreamily as sleep overtook me.

Life was a series of routines, nursing, diaper changes, cuddles and sleep in seemingly endless rotation, every time I was fed I was given stimulation to my adult needs, and with each instance I fell more deeply in love with Mommy. Daddy was boring, he took care of me like I was a real baby, but Mommy knew how to satisfy the woman I was.

Are you happy?” Mommy asked after changing my diaper, cradling me in her arms as she carried me around the nursery.

I nodded. “Yes, Mommy.” I told her.

She smiled, her green eyes sparkling in the sunlit room. “Do you love Mommy?” she asked.

I nodded again. “Yes, Mommy.” I told her.

You need to make a choice, baby,” she said softly as she made her way out of the nursery and to her and Daddy’s bedroom where my bassinet was set up beside where she slept. “You can wake up from your nap and not be a newborn anymore and we can have a little more fun with you being slightly bigger,” she winked knowingly, “or you can stay exactly the way you are for some more time, forever if you want,” she set me down in the bassinet, “or you can end this and go back to being your normal adult self.” she said, her tone making the last option sound bland and unappealing at best and disgusting at worst.

I yawned softly. “Can I kiss you if I’m bigger?” I asked, my near constant desire to kiss her being one of my sole focuses when I was with her.

She chuckled softly and nodded. “When you’re two more choices bigger.” she said. “So, not this time, but the next time I ask you, if you decide to get bigger then yes, you’ll be able to kiss Mommy all you want.” she explained.

I nodded, my eyes drooping closed as I yawned once more. “I be bigger, Mommy.” I said sleepily.

My pacifier was slipping between my lips as I began to slip off to sleep, my diaper warming as I blissfully imagined my future kissing extravaganza.

The warm sunlight streaming in through the window of the nursery stirred me awake. My eyes opened slowly and I sat up, looking out of my crib to the nursery outside, getting up on all fours to crawl to the bars and pull myself to my feet. I looked through the bars for a sign of Mommy, the emptiness of my tummy and fullness of my diaper making my bottom lip tremble as I was overcome with profound longing and discomfort, my mouth opening to call out for my beloved Mommy only to produce a shrill, earsplitting wail befitting of my infantalized state.

The door to the nursery opened a moment later and Mommy strode in, a smile on her face. “Oh, my poor baby.” she cooed with a little pout as she came to the side of the crib and effortlessly lifted me up and cradled me in her arms.

I told her how much I’d missed her, how deeply I loved her, how important she was to me, but wet, garbled gibberish poured from my mouth between whimpering sobs as she rocked me in her arms and gently patted the cooled, lumpy mass in the seat of my diaper.

I know, baby!” she chirped happily as she turned and took me to the changing table, laying me down gently on the padded surface.

I gurgled and kicked my legs happily as she buckled the strap around my middle to keep me from falling off.

It’s so funny to me that you really don’t understand how any of this works.” she said with a smile as she began changing me. “You’re such a submissive girl that you not only willingly submit to becoming a literal infant, but you completely miss the fact that you’re in control of everything that happens here.” she continued as she wiped me clean.

Her voice was like honey being poured into my ears and I drooled from the corner of my mouth as I stared up at her with a big dumb grin.

See!” she cooed. “You’re so fucking in love with me, someone you’re genuinely afraid of, because I’m giving you your fantasy life that you just accept me as your world and let me have complete control over you.” she said as she taped a new diaper onto me. She smirked as she wiped the drool from my cheek, “Did you know that skipping forward in time in this fantasy doesn’t really skip the time you spent as a baby?” she asked rhetorically as she unbuckled me from the table and scooped me up to carry me to the rocking chair, her robe opening as she situated me, giving me a peek at my future breakfast.

My eyes fixated on her thick nipple, the bead of milk on the tip, my mouth watering hungrily.

She sighed and opened her robe the rest of the way, putting the nipple to my lips where I immediately latched onto it and began nursing feverishly.

I thought someone as smart as you would’ve at least made this more of a game of cat and mouse.” she said as she pushed the floor with her feet to begin the chair rocking, “I mean, you didn’t even notice that Tim’s completely gone from this fantasy, did you?” she asked.

My eyes were closed and all I cared about was the warmth filling my tummy.

So, you skipped ahead a year overnight,” she said, “you got a full year of round the clock infancy overnight, and the adult brain can’t handle that kind of disconnect from its normal cognitive functions, so you,” she smiled and tickled my bare stomach, “effectively destroyed your own brain.” she finished.

I giggled at her tickling of my tummy, milk dribbling from the edge of my mouth to be caught by her with a little cloth while I continued nursing.

She gave me a sympathetic look. “It’s so sad that such a brilliant young woman willingly threw away her mind for something as stupid as a sexual fantasy.” she said softly before she smiled again, “It’s kind of ironic that your pursuit of that actually killed your sex drive.” she continued, her fingers pressing in the same spot they had the day before with zero response from me as I slowed my nursing, the fullness in my tummy urging me to stop. “See, you’re literally just a regular infant now, albeit with an admittedly hot adult body.” she said, eyeing my naked upper half.

I squirmed in her arms as a sharp pain hit my tummy.

She shook her head and lifted me up to expertly burp me. “Why do you want this?” she asked. “Babies are boring!” she proclaimed.

My diaper grew heavier following my large belch, my stomach evening its levels of fullness out for me making me feel much better as she wiped the milk from my chin and stood up with me.

I should leave you here, just like this, shitty diaper and empty head.” she cooed as she carried me to the crib and set me back inside, laying me down gently and putting my pacifier between my lips as my eyes struggled to stay open. “You deserve to have this fate, Lina.” she said in her sweet Mommy voice, “You don’t deserve Tim or genius level intellect,” she continued, “I’m fucking dead and you’re literally pissing your life away, and for what?” she asked.

Sleep was forcing me to embrace it, my vision getting fuzzier as I struggled to keep looking at Mommy.

She groaned softly. “Wake up!” she boomed, her voice rattling the walls and bringing a ringing to my ears.

I screamed and wailed at the shock and pain, looking up at her through watery eyes for comfort.

She sighed angrily. “Fuck this.” she hissed, bending down to kiss my forehead.

My atrophied synapses revived and all of my adult thoughts returned in a white hot flash of searing pain as knowledge shook the cobwebs of disuse from my mind. I looked up at her, panting as the stabbing pain in my brain made me throw up all the milk I’d just consumed all over myself and the crib.

Hey, welcome to the party, hon.” she joylessly greeted. “Quick rundown for what you missed,” she said, “You’re pathetic and I hate you and I might smother you to death in here.” she said.

I shook my head to try and clear my vision, my ears still ringing from her supernaturally loud scream. “Just let me go!” I pleaded.

She grabbed the back of my neck and lifted me up like I was a kitten, holding me up to her, a look of disgust on her face. “Listen carefully, Lina,” she said, “I AM NOT IN CONTROL OF THIS!” she shouted before flinging me back into the crib, my small body slamming into the rails against the wall before I crumpled on the mattress.

I screamed in pain as my little bones shattered, my body sustaining massive amounts of damage as though I’d been hit by a car. “Of course you are.” I wheezed, my breathing coming out in ragged heaves as I struggled to fill my lungs with air.

She shook her head and knelt down to look at me through the bars. “How can someone so smart be so stupid?” she asked. “This is your fantasy world, Lina, it’s not real!” she shouted.

Something clicked in my brain and all the pain left my body, my breathing returning to normal allowing me to stand up.

She smiled. “See!” she clapped sarcastically.

Let me out of here!” I shouted.

She shook her head. “There is no spoon, Lina.” she chided.

I rolled my eyes and closed them as I sighed before reopening them to see that I was now standing face to face with her, my height restored, my adult clothing returned to me. “Okay, if you’re not in control of this and I am, then why am I torturing myself with all of this shit?” I asked.

She shrugged as she wandered aimlessly around the nursery. “That’s a question for a mental health professional, honey.” she said.

Why you?” I asked.

She shrugged again. “I guess you’re secretly gay.” she said. “I mean, you’ve concocted so many fantasies centered around me that it’d be flattering if it weren’t kinda creepy with the whole dead thing.” she explained.

I sighed. “I’m out of here, this ends now.” I spat as I headed for the door.

She cleared her throat. “I’d temper my expectations if I were you.” she warned.

I rolled my eyes and opened the nursery door, opening allowing warm light to wash over me and remove Katie, the nursery, and myself from what was happening.

Lina?!” Tim’s voice exclaimed. “Oh, thank God!” he declared.

I felt him hugging me before I could see him, my vision adjusting to the brightness all around me.

Jesus, what happened to you, honey?” he asked, his embrace ending.

My vision slowly cleared and I saw him standing before me, an open door behind him and an apartment full of boxes beyond that. I looked around to get my bearings, finding I was outside, on a landing outside the front door of what was obviously his apartment. I blushed when I saw that I was wearing only a t-shirt and what appeared to be at least half a dozen of my pink, princess patterned diapers. My legs and arms were riddled with small cuts and scrapes and bruises, my bare feet were blistered and bleeding, my shirt was torn in several places and the pain of all my apparent injuries suddenly hit me, making my eyes water, the pacifier in my mouth helping to keep me from crying out.

Come inside, baby.” he said, taking my hand in his and gently guiding me forward.

After a step on my injured feet my legs buckled and I nearly collapsed, but he caught me and hoisted me up into his arms to carry me across the threshold, my head resting against his chest. He carried me to the bathroom and gingerly set me down on the closed toilet seat, the bulk of my many diapers making me wobble slightly, the burning feeling within all those layers cluing me in to the knowledge that a very nasty rash had formed.

Four days.” he said softly as he gathered supplies to treat my wounds from the medicine cabinet and various drawers. “I can’t reach you for four days, the police go to your lab and find it completely trashed with no sign of you, and then you just appear on my doorstep looking like you fell off a cliff.” he said, his voice quavering. “And the fucking cherry on top is that you’re dressed like we’re having a fucking adult baby sex party or something.” he said through gritted teeth.

Katie was sitting on the counter behind him shaking her head. “I told her not to come here, told her it wouldn’t end well, but did she listen?” she asked.

The pacifier fell from my mouth as I glared at her. “Don’t talk to him!” I screamed at her, my voice thin and raspy for some reason, the effort making me cough violently.

Tim turned to look at what I’d been staring at. “Lina, honey, you’re scaring me.” he said.

Katie smirked. “He’s gonna have you thrown into the baby loony bin.” she said. “Maybe I’ll keep him company while you’re gone.” she added, miming holding a penis and taking it into her mouth, her tongue pushing against the inside of her cheek in time with the fake penis thrusting forward.

Fuck you!” I cried.

Tim sighed. “Alright, look, something is clearly not okay with you, baby, maybe we should get you to a hospital.” he said calmly, pulling his phone from his pocket.

I slapped the phone from his hand and hugged him tightly. “Please, Daddy, don’t send me away, it’s not my fault, it’s Katie!” I blubbered.

He pulled me from him and stared at me. “Katie?” he asked.

I nodded and wiped my tears away with the backs of my hands. “She killed you and she gave birth to me and she’s been making me live through all these fantasies and-” I stopped when I saw how pale he was.

Lina.” he said softly.

Katie was standing behind him now, her chin resting on his shoulder as she fake pouted at me. “Can you blame him for thinking you’ve lost your marbles?” she asked.

I realized what I’d told him and shook my head. “No, Daddy, you don’t understand, so much has happened since you left!” I desperately tried to stop him from moving to his phone to pick it up, clutching onto his chest and then midsection and finally leg as my fatigue proved to be too much for me to mount any kind of actual power against him.

Daddy’s going to get you help, honey.” he said reassuringly as he reached down stroke my hair lovingly.

Katie was knelt beside me, her lips sticking out like she was kissing and then her finger came up and went across her lips to move up and down rapidly as she made a weird noise with her mouth, stopping as I started crying in defeat. “Cheer up, Lina,” she cooed, “at least the special jacket they give you will make sure you’re always getting a hug.” she added, giggling sadistically at her own joke.

I closed my eyes and sobbed uncontrollably as Tim began to talk on the phone, the profound feeling of loss I’d felt in my fantasy world returning, though this time it wasn’t for the loss of Mommy’s love, but for the loss of my sanity and my life as I knew it.

To Be Continued...

• Like 1
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Historical Inaccuracies (Chapter Thirteen Posted 1/27/22)

Wow, what an incredible story so far. I was thinking of that scene in Total Recall where the guy demands Arnie swallow the pill or he'll be lobotomized. 

Could Katie and Tim be evil? Is Lina just sick? I'm kinda guessing this is Lina in a coma after the car accident, but not necessarily in the evil universe.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, D503 said:

Wow, what an incredible story so far. I was thinking of that scene in Total Recall where the guy demands Arnie swallow the pill or he'll be lobotomized. 

Could Katie and Tim be evil? Is Lina just sick? I'm kinda guessing this is Lina in a coma after the car accident, but not necessarily in the evil universe.

I'm feeling generous, so I'll give you an answer: Yes.

Good job! :) Glad you're enjoying the adventure.

XIV

Diagnosis”

I winced as I shifted on the chair in the small room I’d been placed in, the panties I’d been given to change into feeling like sandpaper on my rash riddled backside and lady bits. I looked down at my legs and arms, the cuts and scrapes now treated and covered with bandaids and bandages respectively depending on their severity, I looked like I’d taken a tumble down the side of a cliff and I had no recollection of either sustaining the myriad injuries or traveling to Tim’s apartment and it worried me greatly.

True to his word, Tim had gotten me help, and once my physical wounds were treated I was taken to this room and told to wait for a doctor that would address my mental wounds, which I strongly believed would be as bad or worse than the physical one’s at this point.

You know what would be funny?” Katie asked as she paced across the floor in front of me, transitioning seamlessly from floor to wall and wall to ceiling to sit down cross legged above me and look down at me.

I sighed wearily and looked up at her. “If you disappeared and left me alone forever?” I asked humorlessly.

She waved her hand dismissively at me. “No, silly!” she playfully chided, “If you soaked those awful government issue panties!” she said, a wicked grin on her face.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not even going to engage with you anymore.” I told her.

She stood up and jumped down from the ceiling, righting herself in midair like a cat to land perfectly on her feet. “You’re boring now.” she sneered.

Better boring than dead.” I shot back.

She gasped. “Rude!” she exclaimed, slumping down in the seat across from me to fold her arms and pout. “Here I am hanging out with you while you wait for them to certify you, and you mock me for being living impaired.” she said.

The door opened and a tall, thin man in a deep purple collared shirt and expensive looking slacks entered. The shirt against his dark, almost Mahogany toned skin made him look like a professional model rather than a doctor, his ridiculously handsome face nearly confirmed the mix up for me. “Carolina?” he asked.

I nodded.

He extended his hand to me. “Dr. Higgins.” he said warmly.

I put my hand in his and participated in the shaking of hands, but only slightly.

I’d like to ask you a few questions about the last few days, if you’re alright with answering them.” he explained.

I nodded.

I talked with your boyfriend and he said he hadn’t heard from you or been able to reach you for several days.” he said.

I nodded. “I’ve been dealing with a lot of things at work.” I said, not really lying.

He scribbled something in his leather bound notebook. “And what kind of work is it that you do?” he asked.

I sighed. “Look, you’re very handsome and nice and you smell so good, but I just want to see Tim, please.” I said, spilling an embarrassing amount of personal thoughts without realizing it.

He smiled. “Carolina, Tim is very worried about you, and based on what he’s told me about what happened at his apartment I am very concerned as well.” he said, his smile fading gradually. “The only way I can help you is if you’re honest with me about what’s happening with you.” he explained.

I closed my eyes. “Fine.” I said flatly, and told him everything about the machine and my experience with it, the nature of mine and Tim’s relationship, the nature of Tim’s relationship with Katie, all the hallucinations I’d been experiencing, the loss of four days of my life that resulted in me traveling across several states without realizing it, the whole deal. By the end of everything I was emotionally and physically drained and on the verge of tears when he pointed out that I’d apparently wet myself at some point in my explanation.

So, diapers aren’t just for fetish reasons.” he commented as he stood to fetch a nurse to get me something to change into.

I shook my head.

He nodded. “Alright, I’ll have a nurse get you a change of clothes and you can clean up and then we’ll talk some more.” he said, smiling politely before he slipped out the door and closed it behind him.

Man, you’re nuttier than squirrel shit.” Katie said.

I ignored her and stood up to get out of my wet pants and panties, blushing and sighing at the large wet spot on the seat of the chair I’d been on.

So, I’ve always wondered, when you’re insane, do you know you’re insane?” she asked.

I’m not insane.” I said, slipping my shoes off and unbuttoning the wet pants.

Katie nodded. “So, no, then.” she said. “I mean, because you’re obviously completely gone.” she added.

I sighed and looked up as a plump Hispanic nurse opened the door.

I brought you a diaper and a gown.” she said simply, setting the two items on the small table by the door. “There’s wipes in the drawer behind you.” she added before backing out the door and closing it behind her.

I shimmied out of the wet clothes and cleaned myself with one of the wipes in the drawer, hissing through my teeth at the sting on my rashes and opened the package with the single pull on diaper inside and got into it, pulling it up my legs and into place as gingerly as possible.

That was almost hot.” Katie said. “Like, I get why Tim would be into you. Y’know, now that I’m gone.” she added.

I removed my shirt and bra and put the gown on, tying it up in the back to secure it.

Are you scared?” Katie asked.

I nodded.

She nodded and gave me a sympathetic smile. “Want me to stay with you until they come to take you away?” she asked.

I glared at her.

She blew me a kiss. “God, a little rash on your butt and doots and you’re all sourpuss.” she said, giggling when what she said hit her. “Oh, my gosh, that wasn’t even intentional!” she squealed. “Sourpuss is absolutely what I’m calling diaper rash now.” she said.

Rash isn’t-” I stopped, shaking my head. “Not important, shut up.” I said.

There was a knock on the door. “Carolina?” Dr. Higgins asked from the other side.

You can come in.” I said.

He opened the door and returned to his seat after shutting the door behind him. “Feeling better?” he asked.

I have a diaper rash that feels like I went asphalt surfing on my pussy.” I responded, “So no.” I added when he didn’t say anything.

He cleared his throat. “Based on what you’ve told me, I’d like to run some tests to rule out any kind of trauma to your brain.” he said.

I nodded. “And then?” I asked.

Well, we’ll see and go from there.” he said.

I nodded again. “Will I get to see Daddy before you send me away to the loony bin?” I asked sadly.

No one is sending you anywhere, Carolina.” he told me. “Even if you did have some kind of mental instability or impairment, this isn’t a situation where we just toss you in a rubber room for the rest of your life.” he explained. “I’m here to help you and that’s what I’m going to do.” he added, his voice carrying the smile he had on his face.

I wasn’t looking at him, Katie was making rude gestures beside him and it was making me uncomfortable, but I nodded softly. “Promise?” I asked.

He knelt down in front of me so I could see his face and his smile. “I promise.” he said reassuringly.

I forced a smile and nodded my consent, following behind him as he left the room.

A few hours later, I was in a private hospital room waiting for Dr. Higgins to come and tell me how my tests looked. I was on the bed in a fetal position sucking my thumb for comfort, and Katie was seated on the bed beside my feet.

Hey.” she said, the first time she’d talked to me since before the tests had started. “Just so you know, I never meant to scare you.” she said after I didn’t respond. She was moving behind me, and I felt her laying down and scooting in to spoon me on the bed, her arm draping over my middle. “Tim was the only guy that ever made me happy, and then I died and I was really angry about it,” she explained, “I couldn’t deal with my life being over just when we were starting one together and I maybe sort of attached my soul to him.” she continued. “More specifically, to his soul.” she added.

I rolled over, thumb slipping from my mouth. “You possessed him?” I asked.

She shook her head. “It wasn’t like that.” she said. “Not like you’re thinking.” she added, sighing softly as she looked into my eyes. “It was more like I was hiding inside him, he never knew I was there but occasionally I’d give him a good memory of me or let him see me in a dream or smell me when he was alone somewhere, something to remind him of me.” she explained.

So, you had some control over him?” I asked.

She shrugged. “Not directly, just when his mind was otherwise occupied.” she said. “Sleep is best, the mind kind of shuts down a little bit to recover from the awake time and process information, people are more suggestible then, so I’d float a memory or an image and he’d see it in his dreams.” she explained.

I nodded softly. “Keep going.” I urged.

She smiled at me without showing her teeth. “When he used your machine I kind of got trapped in it, it’s so much more complex than the human brain and I got lost because the machine had mapped his brain patterns and I didn’t realize I wasn’t still with him until it was too late.” she explained.

Something clicked in my head. “So, his change in feelings, from only thinking about you to being open to a relationship with me...” I began

Was a direct result of me not being in his head any longer.” she said, finishing my thought. She reached up and stroked my hair gently, “He really does love you, for a lot longer than he loved me, but I did push those thoughts and feelings away so he’d keep holding a torch for me.” she explained.

I nodded softly. “You caused him a lot of pain for a long time doing that.” I said bitterly.

She nodded. “Believe me, I don’t feel good about it, but I was so afraid of being forgotten, that having no one remembering me or loving me meant I’d just stop existing, that I just couldn’t stop.” she explained.

I put my arm over her middle and moved in close to hug her. “Was I right about the changes I made to the machine causing you to be able to transfer from the map of Tim’s brain to mine?” I asked.

She nodded and kissed my forehead. “Gold star for the very bright girl.” she praised warmly, a stark contrast to her typical demeanor.

I felt silly feeling a swell of pride because of her praise, but it was nice to have her being nice to me for a change. “How am I feeling you?” I asked.

She sighed wistfully and shrugged. “Brain stuff.” she said. “You can see me touching you and your brain kinda fills in the blanks and makes it real for you, it’s pretty cool actually.” she explained.

I swallowed hard and looked up at her. “Are you really my sister?” I asked.

She shook her head. “No, honey, I’m sorry.” she said sadly, a tear leaking from the corner of her eye. “Tim was a Daddy to me, and he’s a Daddy to you and I kind of saw you as the little sister I never had, but I was all messed up from going from Tim to the machine to you that things got distorted and I was angry because of my lack of focus and control after so many years of being so good at doing what I was doing.” she explained. “I made you experience a lot of things that weren’t real and that hurt and scared you, and I’m sorry.” she added.

I sniffled and wiped my own tears away.

But.” she said. “I did what I did for a reason.” she added. “You’re not okay, Lina, you have a very nasty, very dangerous thing in your head and all of this pushed you to end up here so you can have it removed before it kills you.” she explained.

I stared at her. “I’m dying?” I asked.

She shrugged softly and hugged me. “I don’t know how bad it is, but I know that it doesn’t look safe and I know that losing you would destroy Tim, so in order to protect him I need to protect you.” she told me.

Carolina?” Dr. Higgins said as he opened the door to my room.

I sat up, Katie gone and watched him cross the room to stand at the end of the bed.

We found a mass here,” he held up an image of my brain and pointed to a small, dark spot on it. “I believe it’s what’s been causing your hallucinations and your loss of memory.” he said. “I’ve scheduled you for surgery in the morning so we can get a better idea of what we’re dealing with.” he told me.

I nodded numbly. “Thank you.” I said, more to Katie than to him, but he didn’t know that.

His hand was on mine a moment later, patting it softly. “We’re going to help you, Carolina, I promise.” he said. “In the meantime, Tim is waiting outside if you’re feeling up to seeing him.” he offered.

I nodded again.

Tim came in after Dr. Higgins left, he hugged me and kissed me and said all the reassuring things I needed to hear and then he climbed onto the bed with me and cuddled me until he eventually fell asleep spooning me as Katie had done.

Katie?” I whispered into the dark of the hospital room.

She was in the chair across the room a moment later, all in shadow but not scary anymore. “I’m still here, hon.” she said.

Will they be able to remove what’s in my head?” I asked.

I don’t know, honey, I’m sorry.” she said sympathetically.

I nodded. “What about you?” I asked. “If they remove the thing and it is causing me problems, will I still be able to see you?” I asked.

She shrugged as she got up and came over to the bed, kneeling down to be face to face with me beside it. “No matter what happens, I want you to know that I’m sorry for hurting you and scaring you.” she said sadly. “You’re a good girl, Lina, and Tim is very lucky to have you.” she told me, kissing my forehead softly.

I don’t want you to go.” I said. “There has to be a way I can help you.” I told her.

She smiled. “Unless you have a spare body I can go into, I don’t really see how you can help me.” she said.

I yawned softly. “I’ll figure something out, Katie.” I murmured quietly as my eyes grew heavier. “I don’t want to lose you.” I told her.

As sleep came I felt her hand brushing over my hair gently and her faint whispering of “I don’t want to lose you either, Lina.”.

To Be Continued...

• Like 4
  • TheUnknownAuthor changed the title to Historical Inaccuracies (Completed)