LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Neighbors [Final Chapter added 2/12/22]

Fifteen.

In the evening following Veronica and I’s breakfast, the two of us sat side-by-side on the couch while Ashley stood before us. She had dropped by saying that she had good news that she wanted to share. I couldn’t speak for Veronica, but I had this strange feeling like we were Ashley’s parents, sitting on the couch while she excitedly bopped about in front of us.

I felt like she was about to beg us to take her on a vacation to Disney World. Well, she’d look cute in mouse-ears.

Ashley took a deep breath: “Okay, I was thinking about it and...I want to throw a party.”

Veronica clapped her hands together. “Yes! I do love parties. You’re going to let me help you put this together, right?”

“Well...that’s mostly why I wanted to talk to you,” she said. “You’re an excellent hostess and so...uh...adult? And, you know, I don’t really know many people in town and…”

“I’d be happy to help,” Veronica said with a warm smile. Spoken just like a mother trying to calm her over-excited daughter.

I was a little let down by the news. I mean, a party sounded like plenty of fun, but I think I might have been expecting something else.

What could she have said that would’ve made me more excited? A good question. Probably nothing that she could have said in front of both of us.

“I can help too,” I said with a shrug. Admittedly, I knew next to nothing about throwing a party. That was definitely Veronica’s thing.

“Yes, of course!” Ashley said.

“We’ll need man-ual labor,” Veronica teased. “You’ll be twice as helpful without the need for bathroom breaks.”

I would’ve just brushed off her remarks if Ashley hadn’t hid a little giggle behind her hand.

“We’ll do anything we can to help,” I said.

“So,” Veronica said, “you want to have a party with...people you don’t know?”

Ashley laughed. “I mean, there’s some nice people I work with, so I thought I’d invite them, of course. And there’s you two, obviously. And maybe anyone who you think is cool that should be invited too? I just...I just want a party.”

“Well you’re the coolest person I know,” Veronica said. With any other audience, that response might have triggered gagging noises. But Ashley absolutely ate it up, as she leaned in to kiss Veronica on the cheek. Veronica, in turn, twisted her face so that her lips met Ashley’s - both of them letting out a soft moan as they kissed again.

It was the first time I had seen them act more like...a couple. I guess I had known that this side had existed since that very first night I spotted them in the kitchen, but it was still a little jarring to see it actually play out in front of me.

As if both could read my mind - or at least realized that this might be new territory - they both turned to me to see what my reaction was.

“It’s fine,” I said with a laugh. “We’re all good.” Maybe I believed that, maybe I didn’t. That was a problem for Future-Jaime.

They certainly bought it, with Veronica pulling Ashley over her lap playfully, smacking her bottom with her hand. The hollow plastic sound emanating from Ashley’s ass made it clear what Veronica was striking.

Ashley quickly stood up, her face now a much deeper pink color.

“She’s a good girl,” Veronica said. “Mommy didn’t even ask her to put her diaper on, and yet she did anyway.”

Ashley nodded.

Where the hell am I?

“Oh,” Ashley said - maybe trying to divert attention from that inadvertent revelation, or maybe actually remembering something she wanted to say. “Jaime, you should invite your new friend to my party. Lucy?”

The question alone made my heart beat faster. Veronica was nodding in agreement.

“That’s a great idea,” she added. “We’d love to meet her.”

“Well...I mean, we’ve only gone out twice and…”

“Please?” asked Ashley. It was the puppy-dog eyes. Goddamn, was there any attack more vicious than the adorable baby girl with big eyes and pouty lips? She could have asked me to fill my pants with mustard and I probably would’ve agreed to it.

“I’ll bring it up,” I said. “When is this party, anyways?”

“I’m thinking next weekend,” Ashley said. “Saturday? That seems good, right?”

Sometimes I forgot about the 10-ish years that separated Ashley’s age from ours. Diapers and pigtails aside, she spent so much time around us that she was starting to feel like she had always been there. But once in a while she’d remind me that we were in slightly different places in life.

A party for us - a party that Veronica would throw - wasn’t an event to throw together in a week. It was a month-long process of ensuring that invitations made it to the curated guest-list. There’d be a theme. Plans for decorations and plans for food and alcohol. The living room would get rearranged. I’d inevitably be tasked with cleaning the baseboards.

Seriously, who goes to the parties and looks at the baseboards?

But Ashley reminded me - and likely Veronica too - of a different time. Buying a case of beer or two and putting out a few calls for friends to come over on a Friday. No themes. No decorations. We’d probably forget something silly - like toilet paper or plastic cups - but it wouldn’t matter because we’d just have fun with whoever showed up.

“That seems fine,” Veronica said with a smile. I was impressed - I didn’t think Veronica would let her have that. “But…” Ah yes, there it was, Veronica’s desire to at least take a little control. “We should make it...special. This is your first party in the big new city, afterall.”

“Oh, you’re right,” Ashley said. “What did you have in mind?”

“A baby shower,” I teased.

Ashley’s eyes widened as she blushed. Veronica just laughed, adding: “Oh, you might be onto something. Introduce everyone to the new baby? And just think of the gifts people could bring. Cute new outfits and little toys and…”

“No, no,” Ashley said, shaking her head. “I don’t think that’s a good idea at all.”

“You’re probably right,” Veronica said. “It’s a party for you, and we couldn’t have a baby shower without including Jaime.”

The teasing was fun while it lasted.

“Want to take a look at your apartment?” Veronica asked. “We can start getting an idea of where things will go.”

“Well...we could,” Ashley said, not seeming entirely onboard with the concept of planning - let alone planning immediately. But I saw it in her eyes - the exact moment when she realized that Veronica was also asking something else: Did you want to go back upstairs so that we can be alone? “You know what?” she added. “Let’s go.”

--

Lucy: Being a good boy today?

I needed that. I needed to have heard from her. I couldn’t respond fast enough.

Me: That depends on what you think a good boy does?
Lucy: How long were you in that diaper I put you in last night?
Me: Long enough to wet myself during breakfast out with my wife.
Lucy: Oh my. And did she notice?
Me: She figured it out.
Lucy: A shame I wasn’t there to change you.
Me: It’s a shame you weren’t here for a lot of things.
Lucy: I can guess. But...elaborate?

Above me, I heard some light thumps. I wondered what was going on up there. Was Veronica moving a couch around in an effort to show Ashley how it could look for the party? Or was she on her back so that Ashley could eat her out? It was hard not to let my imagination run away from me.

Me: I want to be in your lap again.
Lucy: It did seem like an awfully good fit, didn’t it?
Me: When can we do it again?
Lucy: Whenever you want.
Me: Now? ;)
Lucy: I could probably use a little more notice than that. :)
Me: I’m not doing anything tomorrow night…
Lucy: Hmm, looks like I have plans.
Me: Oh. What are you up to?
Lucy: I have a little baby boy to pamper. :)

I let out a sigh of relief. Of course we were going to see each other again, and of course we were going to see each other again soon. But after having watched the way that Ashley and Veronica had begun to put less effort into hiding their dynamic, I needed to know that there was something fun in my future. Something that was mine.

Me: Do I know this little boy?
Lucy: I think you’re familiar with him.
Me: That’s what I was hoping.
Lucy: Though I’m curious now. Are you currently wearing a diaper?
Me: No… Should I be?
Lucy: You can do whatever you’d like. But...if I told you to put a diaper on, would you?
Me: Of course.
Lucy: Are you alone?

I looked up to the ceiling again. If I focused, I could just barely make out the creek of a floorboard now and then. My imagination filled in the gaps of what was happening up there, and it might as well have been one giant gap.

Me: I’m alone.
Lucy: At the bar, you had mentioned how easy it would be for you to just blindly follow my requests. Maybe I could put that to the test?
Me: I’m game.
Lucy: I’ll call you. Maybe it’d even easier if you heard my voice.

I didn’t have time to respond - not that I had any intention of declining her offer. My phone began vibrating in my hand.

“Why hello,” I said.

“Good evening, Baby,” she cooed. The sound of her voice sent little sparks throughout my body.

“What can I do for you?” I asked. I sounded desperate. I felt desperate. I didn’t bother to hold any of that energy back - surely she was expecting it.

“An eager little boy, are you?” she responded. “You’re not even going to put up a little fight?”

“I can pretend,” I said with a laugh.

“I don’t think that’s necessary. Some little babies don’t believe they’re babies, you know? They kick and scream and try to convince me that they’re big boys. But all they really do is just further convince me that they’re babies.”

“I...could do that,” I said. “If you like that.”

“You’re a different kind of baby,” she said.

“How so?”

“You’re the kind of baby who knows exactly what they are. You know better than to try and fool me. You couldn’t do it if you tried. For you, it’d be best to stick with what you know. Being a big…”

My heart began beating faster. I needed to hear her say it.

“...baby boy.”

I moaned a little into the phone.

“That's what you are, isn’t it?” she asked.

“Mm hmm.”

“Tell me what you are.”

“I...I’m a big baby. A big dumb baby boy.”

“Dumb?” she giggled. “I never said anything about dumb. But perhaps you are just an empty-headed little diaper-filler. You might be right about that.”

Another little moan.

“Have you ever tried talking like a baby?” she asked.

“Like…’goo goo ga ga?’”

“Maybe. Or just…”

I tried it again: “Me talk wike baby?”

She giggled into the phone again. “Better. But you’ll need to practice. Maybe...when you’re alone.”

I laughed and blushed. I felt kind of silly and stupid - but I was happy to feel that way.

“Okay, let’s not belabor this any longer. Put a diaper on.”

“Yes...miss.”

“Mommy,” she said, correcting me.

“Yes, Mommy.”

“Good boy.”

I set my phone to speaker-phone so that I had use of both of my hands, and I rushed to the bedroom and began digging in my closet, fishing out a diaper.

“That’s a lot of noise,” she commented. “Are your diapers that well hidden?”

“They are.”

“Seems silly, doesn’t it? A baby like you should have your diapers out in the open and accessible.”

I wished that was my life, though it seemed unlikely.

“I’m putting it on now,” I said.

The noisy diapered crinkled as I tried to flatten it out and position it on the ground. I was tempted to try and be more careful about my movements to minimize the noise, but I found little point for that. She’d want to hear every sound.

“Maybe I should get some diapers too,” she said. “For you, of course. I could keep them at my place for when you come over.”

It was an exciting thought, though it seemed to carry other implications. That was an expectation for me to be at her house again, and repeatedly after. For someone I had met so recently it seemed a little...committed. It wasn’t a red flag. It was just...something I’d have to think about more.

Wasn’t she the one who said she wasn’t looking for a commitment right now?

“I don’t think I’d put them away,” she added. “I’d just leave your diapers out. And if anyone comes over and sees them, I’d just explain that those are for my big baby.”

It was something I’d have to think about more...later.

“Who...would see them?” I asked, as I laid down on the diaper so I could fold it over myself and tape it closed.

“Oh, I don’t know,” she said. “Anyone, I guess. My friends. My family. Raquelle.”

“R-Raquelle? The waitress? Did you…?”

“She called me, yeah. We had a really nice conversation too.”

“Did you talk about…” I restarted that sentence: “Did she bring up my bookbag? Did she look in it?”

She laughed. “Do you really think that when a cute girl calls me, we have nothing better to talk about than you and your diapers?”

I sat up in my diaper. It didn’t feel as good as when she had put the diaper on me, but knowing that I was putting it on at her request was almost as good.

“No...I suppose not. Sorry…”

“I’m totally kidding,” she said. I thought that she meant she was kidding about Raquelle calling her. But: “We absolutely talked about you and your diapers.”

I felt so flustered and overwhelmed that I barely knew how to function. “Wh-what do you mean? You...and she...and you talked about...diapers?”

“Not immediately,” she said. “She told me a little about herself. I told her a little about myself. For a while it was a very normal, and pleasant chat. But then she brought up the bookbag - your diaper bag.”

“So...she looked in it?”

“It’s a funny story,” she said. “She wasn’t the one who found the book bag, it was the bus boy. He handed it to her saying that it came from her table, but she wasn’t sure which one. So of course, she opened the bag and hoped to find some contact information. And, wouldn’t you know, when she found giant adult-sized diapers she knew exactly who they belonged to.”

If only she could see my face, because it was beat red. She’d have loved it.

It made that entire scene seem completely different to me now. Raquelle had sprinted down the street after us with my book bag. And what was it she said? “It seems to me like you need that bag.”

“What did she say?”

“Hold up, Baby,” she cooed. “You may have more of the story as a reward for when you do more for me.”

“Yes, of course...Mommy. Anything.”

“Wet yourself.”

I was so eager to please her - and so eager to hear more about her conversation with Raquelle - that I was already wetting myself before she even finished her request.

“All done.” I said.

“Show it to me. I want to see.”

I quickly stood up and spun around, awkwardly aiming my cellphone’s camera up at my sagging wet bottom and snapped a few shots. I barely even reviewed them - they were almost immediately sent off to her phone.

Moments later I could hear her phone chime from her end. Another moment passed as she reviewed the evidence.

“A good angle,” she said. “Do you send a lot of photos of your wet diapers to people?”

“No...I never...I just…”

“I’m teasing you, Baby. Because it’s easy.”

I laughed, shaking my head. She could make such a fool out of me.

“She asked me - point blank - if you wore diapers,” she said, remaining true to her word and continuing the story. “I told her that you did. I told her you were a big baby and that I was your Mommy.”

“And...she was okay with that?”

“Oh, she thought it was a very strange thing,” Lucy said with a laugh. “She had so many questions.”

“Like what?”

“Do you own a permanent marker, Baby?” she asked.

“I...uh, yeah, I think so. Why?”

“Another task for another answer. Go fetch that marker.”

I didn’t have to go far to find one, thankfully. I snatched one from a cup of random pens on top of the desk in the bedroom.

“It’s red,” I said. “Is that okay?”

“I think that’ll do just fine,” she replied. “Now, this is going to be tricky. You know, since you’re a little baby and all. But I’m going to need you to write on the front of your diaper.”

“Y-yes, okay. What shall I write?”

“I think we should write exactly what you are. A pissy little baby.”

“Pissy little baby?”

“That’s it. Go on and write that for me, Baby. And then send me another picture.”

Slowly and carefully, I scrawled the words on the front of my diaper. I knew what she wanted to see: big obvious letters. I made them as big as I could.

PISSY

LITTLE

BABY

Another selfie was fired off to Lucy.

“Very good, baby. So, as I was saying, she had so many questions. She wondered if I changed your diapers. I told her that I had only changed one of your diapers so far - but it had been a bit of a mess. And, oh my, you should’ve heard how shocked she was that you actually made stinky poo-poos in your diaper. She almost didn’t believe me.”

“You...you told her that?”

“Oh yes,” she said. “And I told her that you loved it. I made sure to tell her about how hard you got when you filled your diaper for me.”

My heart raced. I felt sweaty. I could barely even see straight. I couldn’t believe what she was saying. I felt so...betrayed. Violated. Humiliated.

Aroused. I felt so aroused.

“Do you like hearing that?” she asked. “Do you like hearing that I’ve told all your dirty little secrets to a stranger?”

“Yes…”

“I thought you would. What are you going to do about it?”

“I…I’m going to…”

But I was already doing it. My hand was on the front of my diaper and I rubbed my stiff cock with the wet padding of my diaper while I moaned into the phone.

“That’s a good boy,'' she said. “I want you to keep going. You can do that for me, yes?”

“Yes… Yes, Mommy.”

“Good Baby. And when you’re about to come in your wet diaper, you’re going to take a video of it, right? So that Mommy can see?”

“Yes Mommy.”

It took an embarrassingly short time to get to that point. My mind was just about gone by that point - fried by both the thrill of being under Lucy’s virtual control and the thought that somewhere out there there was a woman named Raquelle who was doing god-knows-what with the knowledge that she had.

With one hand still stroking my diaper, the other stuck out with the phone again as I fumbled about and hoped to catch the magic on video.

I would climax almost immediately after, a humiliating series of moans and grunts. I had even attempted to announce that I was, indeed, a Pissy Little Baby, but the words came out as warped groans.

I couldn’t even bring myself to look at the video - I just sent it off to her.

“This is perfect,” she said. “Absolutely perfect.”

“Thank you,” I said, out of breath. “Thank you, Mommy.”

“Raquelle didn’t believe anything I told her, you know?” Lucy said. “She didn’t believe that you were that pathetic of a baby.”

“I am,” I said. “I...really am. Tell her that.”

“I did, but I don’t think my words were enough. I guess I’m going to have to show her. So, Baby, I thank you for providing me with enough proof tonight that I can send to her. I’m pretty sure she’ll believe me after this, wouldn’t you say?”

• Like 10

Happy New Year, friends! 

Sixteen.

It was starting to feel like a trend, where I’d wake up every morning wondering if the night before really happened or if it was a dream.

Ashley and Veronica making out in the kitchen. Ashley and I running into each other at the bar. My nights out with Lucy. That late night in bed with Veronica.

Over and over again, I found my mornings to be hazy and unclear for a while as I tried to piece together what was real and what might have actually been a dream.

But it was all real.

“I had worried last night was too much for you,” Lucy said.

There were times, upon reflecting on the night before, that I wondered if it had actually been too much. Was I biting off more than I could chew? Was I pushing myself to a point where I was in danger of losing touch with reality?

“I’m here, aren’t I?” I asked with a smile. I set my bookbag down on the ground and took my shoes off. We had discussed meeting at a bar again, but it made sense just to meet at her place; sooner or later, we’d just end up there anyway.

The night before was a lot. Sometimes it made me really nervous to think that what Lucy had said was true - that there was another woman, mostly a stranger even to Lucy, who not only knew about my most private fantasies but may have even had photographic evidence of it. But sometimes the idea really excited me.

I wanted to ask her if it was true, or perhaps, how much of it was true. She didn’t seem like the type who would lie to me, but I wondered if she had elaborated some of the details for the sake of getting me off. In the end, it made it more exciting to leave it as a mystery.

Raquelle may, or may not, know a lot of dirty, filthy things about me.

“I made us some drinks,” Lucy said. She set a single martini glass out on her counter, straining a red cocktail into it.

“Just...one?” I asked.

“Oh, well this one is mine,” she said. “Let me get you yours.”

She opened the fridge and pulled something from it. She set the object down on the counter next to her glass. It was a baby bottle filled with an amber liquid.

“What is this?” I asked with a laugh.

“Beer,” she said, giggling. “And there’s more where that came from. I have two more bottles waiting for you in the fridge.”

I shook my head. It was a cute, and humiliating, detail.

“I’d rather serve you just milk,” she said. “But it’s never fun to drink alcohol alone. Besides, this will help you fill that diaper for me.”

I felt my cheeks warm a little as I grabbed the bottle from the counter. I had no recollection of actually drinking out of a bottle before. I wondered why I hadn’t thought to do this sooner, when I was by myself. I put the nipple on my mouth, finding the sensation of sucking up through the nipple to be stranger than I thought it would be. The fizzy beer only added to the weirdness.

“Good baby,” she said. “Drink up. You are wearing a diaper, right?”

“Of course.”

“Well I shouldn’t have to tell you to take your pants off then. From now on, when you come into my apartment and you’re wearing a diaper, you should just remove your pants.”

“I can do that,” I said, unbuckling my belt so I could take my pants off. Judging by the look on her face, she didn’t seem completely satisfied with my response. I quickly added: “I can do that, Mommy.”

That yielded a smile. “Thank you, Baby.”

“Actually...uh, Mommy, I had something I wanted to ask you about.”

“Oh?” She had walked past me as I was stepping out of my pants, my thick diapers once again exposed. She took a seat on her loveseat. “Come here and tell Mommy about it.”

I quickly trotted to her side and began to sit next to her.

“No, no, Baby. Here.” She patted her lap.

I smiled bashfully, gladly taking a place in what was quickly becoming my favorite seat in the world.

“Now, what did you want to talk to Mommy about?”

It was suddenly hard to form words. As I spent more time with Lucy, she had progressively pushed me deeper into a more infantile headspace. This was intentional on her part, no doubt, but I was just as responsible. I wanted to be her baby, and I was quickly allowing myself to be as vulnerable as she wanted me to be.

“Uhm...Mommy…” I stopped and shook my head. I had sounded so pathetic. The tone of my voice had even unconsciously become more high-pitched and childlike.

“Go on, Baby,” she cooed.

I had to deliberately focus on what I wanted to say, lest I start actually babbling like a toddler. “My neighbor, Ashley? She’s having a party next weekend.”

“Ashley? She’s...your wife’s partner?”

“Ah...yes,” I said hesitantly. I forgot that I had talked about Ashley before. Of course I talked about Ashley before. “Well, she’s having a party, and she asked me to ask you if you wanted to come.”

“Is that so?” she asked, a playful grin on her face. “Does that mean you talk about me?”

“Well…”

She playfully poked my diaper. “Do you tell them about all the naughty things we’ve done?”

“N-no...I…”

“You don’t think they’d want to know?”

“I’m sure they’d love to know,” I said. “But they don’t.”

“I’m teasing you,” she said, her hand gently rubbing the front of my diaper. I slowly grew inside of it.

“I know. I just…”

“You’re worried that I’d go to her party and embarrass you?”

Actually, I’m more worried that they would be the ones to embarrass me in front of you.

“N-no…”

“I know how to behave like a civilized guest,” she said. Her hand never left my diaper. It was massaging my swollen cock through the padding. Never enough to get me off, but it was the source of a constant, subtle, pleasure.

“I know,” I said. “I know that. It’s all just new to me. These...worlds colliding, you know?”

“Well it means a lot that you asked me if I would like to go,” she said.

I let out a little moan as her hand gave my diaper a gentle squeeze.

“So you’ll go?”

“If you want me to go - if you’re comfortable with me going - I’ll go.”

I nodded. I smiled, for her sake, but the reality was that I was kind of terrified. For a million reasons. For reasons that I don’t think I had even thought of yet.

“But worlds colliding?” she asked. “I’m curious. Which worlds are those?”

I didn’t give the question much thought, answering off the top of my head: “Fantasy and reality, I guess.”

“Fantasy?” she asked. Her hand remained on my diaper, but it wasn’t moving as much. “Is that me? Am I fantasy?”

I sighed. Yes? “No. I just mean...it’s my wife, you know? And Ashley. And…”

“You’re cute when you get flustered,” she said, starting to rub my diaper again. “I can imagine what you mean. It’s your everyday life meeting the new kinky girl you’ve just started spending time with.”

“Yes, exactly,” I answered. “Yes, Mommy.”

She smiled and leaned in to kiss me. I was more than happy to reciprocate.

I worried that I had put the thought in her head that I did just see her as a “fantasy.” Worse, I worried that I hadn’t spent enough time figuring out what I wanted from Lucy and where this went if we continued seeing each other. It made me nervous.

Another problem for Future-Jaime.

“Are you going to wet your diaper for Mommy?”

It was as if she had complete control over my autonomy when she wanted it. I hadn’t even been thinking about needing to pee. Yet all she had to do was ask, and suddenly my bladder was begging for release.

“Yes, Mommy.”

“Don’t keep me waiting too long now, Baby.”

I didn’t give it much thought. I suddenly had to go, and so I just did - I’ve had more pause in times that I was by myself. Her hand was on the front of my diaper the entire time, feeling it swell and warm as it absorbed everything I pumped into it.

“Oh, good boy,” she cooed into my ear. “Very good. That didn’t seem hard at all, hmm?”

“No…”

“So tell me about this little shindig,” she said. It was a turn back to reality, but only slightly. Her voice still dripped with playful condescension.

“Well...Ashley wants to have a party,” I said. “And, like, she doesn’t really know a lot of people, you know? Because she’s new in town. And Veronica, well, she’s all about the parties so the two of them are already conspiring - or whatever it is they do - and Ashley asked me if I wanted to invite you. And, of course, the two of them think it’s a good idea and all, but…”

I realized I was rambling - I had already said most of this already. I was being less deliberate with my words and I had just vomiting sentences while most of my mind was lost elsewhere. I looked up to her face and saw an amused smile.

“So what do you want?” she asked. “Do you want me to come to this party?”

“I want you to go.”

“Then I’ll go,” she said. “Simple as that.”

“Thank you.”

“What is this Ashley like?” Lucy asked. Her leg had begun to tap up and down a little, bouncing me on her lap. It was so slow and subtle that I barely realized it was happening immediately, but by that time I already found myself comforted by the steady movement.

“Oh, she’s…” It occurred to me that there was another part of the story that Lucy didn’t know - or at least she didn’t know completely. “She’s....a baby.”

“Like...you?” Lucy asked.

I nodded.

“I thought your wife wasn’t one to engage with that.”

“She wasn’t. I’m not exactly sure what happened,” I said with a laugh. “But she changed her mind.”

“And she got to the baby girl before you did?”

“It...seems that way.” Maybe there was more to the story. Or, maybe, Lucy had simplified the essence of the past few weeks of my life.

“When we first started talking,” she said, her voice still rich with a maternal sweetness, “do you remember what you told me? About why you were looking to meet someone new?”

I probably could’ve found the answer if I thought about it enough. It wasn’t a great time for me to be thinking though. I shook my head.

“You said ‘revenge.’ And we both kind of laughed it off at the time. But I think that makes a lot more sense now.”

I felt a little ashamed. Regardless of how good I felt about Lucy and my time spent with her, I wondered if this context would sour how Lucy felt. Would she see herself as just a toy in a larger game?

“Here’s what I think,” she said. Her hand continued to massage my swollen soaked diaper and her mouth got a little closer to my ear again so that she could talk right into my brain. “If your wife and this Ashley want me to come to this party so they can size me up and feel superior about their own kinky little relationship, then I feel we should give them what they want.”

“Really?”

“Oh yes. We’ll make them jealous of us. They’ll see that your mommy takes very good care of her baby. We’ll make them so jealous that your wife will put a pair of pampers on herself and start wetting them for me.”

I didn’t exactly believe that would ever happen, but I certainly liked the spirit of what she was saying. And she was right - I had been apprehensive about the party for fear of being embarrassed by Ashley and Veronica. But why couldn’t it be them who were embarrassed instead?

If Lucy was a toy, she was the fanciest and most expensive toy.

Her hand lifted from my diaper. I let out a little whimper of disappointment, but was quickly comforted by the sight of her pulling her shirt off. She tossed it aside before removing her bra next.

In the seconds it took for her bra to come off, I considered how much of me she had seen in a relatively short amount of time. This was only our third time together, and she had already changed one of the messiest diapers I had ever worn. And while, yes, she had given me a rather close and personal look at her womanhood, her body still felt very mysterious to me.

But her breasts. Oh her breasts. They were perfect. I had seen amazing boobs before - Veronica’s were certainly nothing to sneeze at - but these appeared to be true works of art. Michelangelo himself may have carved these from marble. Spherical, smooth, and the perfect size for me to…

“Go on,” she said, her finger wiping away a little line of drool that had emerged from the corner of my mouth. “You want to taste them, yes?”

I eagerly nodded.

“Maybe someday they’ll fill your mouth with Mommy’s milk,” she cooed. “But today, let’s just see how it feels in your mouth, yes?”

I had never done this before as an adult. Or, maybe I had...it was hard to believe that I had just never suckled on a woman’s breast before in the throes of romance. The big difference now, though, was that I was wearing a wet diaper while sitting on the lap of someone who wanted me to imagine drinking milk from her chest.

“Oh…” she moaned as my mouth glomped around her nipple.

It felt so hilariously intuitive and natural.

“Are you sure you haven’t done this before?” she asked between her deep breaths and pleasured moans.

I could’ve answered, but I was happy where I was. She probably didn’t want me to answer either.

“So what do you think?” she asked while I suckled her breast. “Should I have you wear a diaper to this little party?”

My heart started beating faster and I could feel my sucking intensify. Maybe later I could worry about whether or not she meant that - or if it was even feasible. But right now, I was all in on anything she said.

“Wouldn’t that be precious?” she asked. “All your friends mingling and drinking cocktails like adults. Meanwhile, you’re waddling around in a thick diaper. And only you and I know it.”

I moaned into her soft skin.

“Actually, I suppose that wouldn’t be true. I’m sure your wife would be able to tell - especially if she’s changing diapers herself. And Ashley, yes? Who’d recognize a diapered baby better than another baby?

This scenario was actually a little frightening - but in a very exciting way. Realistic or not, I wanted to know how she saw this playing out.

“And, well, you know how it works when you’re in a diaper,” she continued. “Once you’re in a diaper, you’re not getting out of it until it needs to be changed. So as you try to blend in with the adults - drinking your alcohol and picking at the snacks - we both know that when you inevitably need to make your potties, there’s only one place that can happen.”

I watched it happening in my mind. Somewhere in the middle of a beer, a familiar pang of desperation hits me. I turn and look to Lucy - who knows exactly what that look is for. We’re going to be at this party for a while. Whether you do it now or later, it’s eventually happening at this party. In your diaper.

“Maybe you’ll be talking to me,” she said to me in the real world. “Maybe you’ll be talking to Ashley or Veronica. Maybe someone else entirely who has no idea that you’re just a big baby. But suddenly, there just isn’t much that you can do about it - you certainly can’t hold it, you’re too much of a baby - and you just wet yourself.”

I remembered the time that I had sent a photo of my soaking wet diaper to Ashley - back when she was just curious about diapers. Now I imagined standing right in front of her - at her own party - while I flooded my diaper. Would she know? Would she have already wet a diaper of her own?

“But it could be so much worse,” Lucy said, again speaking softly directly into my ear. “Couldn’t it? I mean, a little baby like you - you don’t know any better. You’re liable to just...grunt and push a big stinky load into the back of your diaper, aren’t you? Right there? In front of everyone?”

I didn’t even bother conjuring an imaginary scene for that. Her words were more than vivid enough.

“And you know what?” she asked. “I bet you’d love that. Sure, sure, maybe it’s scary and humiliating to think of, but I also think you’d love every second of it.”

I gently nodded my head as my mouth remained affixed to her breast.

“My goodness. What do you think people would say? What do you think they’d do? Here is this man, supposedly, who is suddenly squatting down so that he can try to load his diaper.”

This elicited a little whimper from me. But there was something else too. Just as she had been able to go and trigger me to wet my diaper earlier, this little fantasy scenario had begun to stir my bowels.

“Maybe they wouldn’t know what was happening,” she said. “I mean, yes, everyone who knows you’re a diaper-wearing baby would be in that room. But everyone else might be a little confused.”

On some level - the adult part of my brain who was now just hitching a ride - I knew that I had control over my bowels. But this would have been news to the rest of my mind. It was getting hard to hold on. I wasn’t even sure that I wanted to hold on much longer. Yes, that’s right, I wanted to please Mommy. And would anything please her more than if I just used my diaper?

“That’s what Mommy is for,” she continued. “See, whether or not I know that you’re just a baby who needs his diapers, I’d still need to act surprised. So you’d be grunting and pushing, while I feigned complete surprise. ‘Oh my! Are you...are you really pooping your diaper? Here? Now? Oh gosh, everyone, I’m so sorry! Oh dear...I think this is going to be a stinky one too…’ The look on everyone’s faces. Could you even imagine?”

I pulled my mouth from her breast. My voice quivered as I tried to communicate to her what was about to actually happen in her lap: “I...I’m going to…”

She put her hand on the back of my head and guided it back to her breast again. She didn’t need to hear the rest of what I had to say. Of course she didn’t. She knew exactly what was about to happen.

She knew exactly what she had done to me.

My bottom loudly announced the mess that was coming, and I felt the warm mass explode into my diaper. Sitting on her lap - like the last time - gave my mess few places to go, and it spread in every direction. All the while I suckled her breast obediently.

“That’s a good baby,” she said, her hand stroking the bloated padding between my legs. “Did you get it all out? Maybe give me one more push just to make sure.”

I was just her puppet, and when she asks me to push again, I push. With my eyes closed tight, I gave a final grunt as I pushed on my bowels. Despite feeling like I had nothing left to force out, I felt another soft pocket slip into the diaper.

She hummed with satisfaction as she felt the diaper get a little more full. “What a good little boy. I just knew you had a little bit left in you. Better in your diaper than in your belly, yes?”

She gave me a playful poke in my stomach, yielding a giggle from me.

“Can I show you something?” She took my hand and guided it into her pants and under her panties. Before I even touched her dripping labia I could tell how wet she was from how damp her panties were.

She gave the front of my diaper a firm squeeze.

“Before I change that absolutely loaded diaper, do you think you can be a big boy long enough to fuck me?”

I nodded eagerly.

“That’s what I thought. Let’s go.”

• Like 9

This is a great story but in the back of my mine I knew there was something more to this party then what meets the eye.

Victoria is all of a sudden a lesbian and now she is interested in a lady (Ashley) that loves to wear and use her diaper when before she was not interested in her husbands fantasy.

I think this party will be against Jamie. I don't think this is a good idea. ?

• Like 1

Seventeen.

What is that smell?

It was me. I wasn’t sure if the smell of my diaper was what woke me up or not, but it certainly helped me snap out of any lingering drowsiness.

Lucy and I were spooning on her bed. She was, obviously, the big spoon. The lights were still on, but I could see the black of night through the window still. I spotted a clock: 1:19 AM. Earlier than I thought it was.

My stirring had, in turn, helped to stir her.

“Did we...pass out?” she asked.

I nodded. “Seems like it.”

“Makes sense,” she said. “That was...intense.”

That was no exaggeration. Those memories would remain laser-etched in my brain for the rest of my life. I had been on my back, naked except for my beyond-loaded diaper. She had pulled my cock out and had proceeded to ride on top of it, her body bouncing up and down on my diaper.

Tell me what you are,” she had demanded as she bounced on my shaft.

I’m a baby!”  I had loudly exclaimed in response. “I’m...just a baby!”

“You stink,” she said to me now.

“I know. I’m, uh, sorry about that…” I was afraid to sit up, I had no idea where the firm mass in my diaper was going to go.

“Don’t apologize,” she said. “We just need to change you, that’s all. Stay there. I’ll get your diaper bag. You better hope that you don’t get a diaper rash.”

She slid off the bed, making no effort to conceal herself as she strolled across the bedroom and out the door. Her curvy body was a pleasure to behold, and it still seemed unreal that I was here with her now. Having done everything that we had done. Everything that we would do.

You’re so much more than just a baby,” she had said. “Go on. Tell me what else you are.”

I’m a dirty little…”

“You’re not just ‘dirty,’” she had said. “You can do better than that.”

“I’m a…dirty...er...disgusting little...poopy-pantsed...brainless...toddler…”

That had been around the time that I began to come. She then proceeded to come hard while atop me as well. Things got a little fuzzy after that.

And then I woke up stinky.

She returned with the diaper bag, setting it down on the bed next to me.

“Is this how the night usually goes for you after sex?” she asked. “Getting your diaper changed?”

“This would be the first time,” I said. “But...I worry that I may get used to this.”

“Is that so bad?” she said with a laugh.

“I suppose not, no.”

She pulled back the diaper’s tapes one at a time. With each one, my heart raced a little faster. I knew she could handle a very messy diaper - but that didn’t stop me from growing increasingly nervous about what her reaction would be when she finally opened this one.

“A messy messy boy,” she cooed as she finally pulled the front of the diaper back to reveal the disaster contained within. “It’s a good thing you’re in diapers.”

“I...probably wouldn’t have done that if I wasn’t wearing one,” I said with a smirk.

“Can we be so sure?” she asked as she waved a hand in front of her face.

“You made me do it!”

“I’m not sure if that’s true at all.”

“But you told me to…”

She tilted her head and laughed, waiting to see where I was going to go with that. When I recalled the moments leading up to filling my diaper on her lap, I realized that she had never actually told me to do that. Was she counting on the fact that I would have? Most certainly. But I had taken the initiative on that.

I felt myself blushing.

“That’s what I thought,” she said. “Little baby wasn’t told to do anything. You just went ahead and made a stinky poo right in Mommy’s lap all on your own. Didn’t you?”

“I...well…”

She took my hand in hers. For a moment I thought she was just holding my hand, but she lifted my hand to my face instead.

“Why don’t you just be a good boy and suck your thumb for me while I clean you up, yes?”

For a brief moment there - even though I was getting my diaper changed - I was starting to feel like an adult again. But in just a moment, by slipping my own thumb into my mouth, she had managed to regress me back to a dumb little baby again.

I was never much of a thumbsucker. I didn’t dislike it - it just wasn’t something I thought to do often. Now, however, it felt like a revelation. This was bliss. Now? Now I was a thumbsucker. I decided I was just going to stare up at the ceiling mindlessly while sucking my thumb until she was done changing me.

Between my legs, I felt her slowly and methodically wiping my skin clean before lifting my legs so she could pull the nasty old diaper away. More wiping.

I moaned a little. I couldn’t help it.

“Oh...do you like that?” she asked with a little laugh. “Do you like when Mommy wipes up your dirty little hole?”

“Uhmm…” I wanted to actually say words, but my own thumb reminded me that I wasn’t supposed to be talking.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” she said.

She lingered there a little longer, slowly circling my backdoor with a damp wipe. I felt my body tense as she played with my bottom, occasionally letting the tip of a finger slip inside me.

“If you want more,” she finally said, “you’ll just have to wait until the next diaper change. And we can almost guarantee that there’s going to be one of those, yes?”

I moaned in disappointment, not that she seemed to care much.

A fresh diaper was slid under me as she lifted my legs and ass into the air. A thick and healthy coat of baby powder later and I was sealed into the diaper. As dreadfully naughty as it had felt to be in my disgusting diaper for an extended amount of time, the new diaper had me feeling fresh and revitalized again. It certainly made the room smell better.

She helped me to my feet. There was probably a time - not that long ago - when I would’ve looked down at myself and have felt a little silly about seeing a big poofy diaper while in the presence of someone else. But it was already feeling normal. Expected.

“You barely touched your baby bottle,” she teased.

“My mouth was...occupied.”

“What I should do is dump it down your diaper. It’s probably the only way not to waste it at this point.”

I sighed, fearful but accepting of my fate, if that was what she chose.

“I just put you into a fresh diaper,” she said. “Extra baby powder too - I’m hoping you wake up your wife with the scent of your tush.” For good measure, she gave the diaper a playful slap, summoning a cloud of powder from the waist. “I can pour beverages down your pants another time.”

Our arms wrapped around each other again and we kissed. It was good. Warm. Tender. But...though I couldn’t quite place it, there was another feeling there that I couldn’t define. It wasn’t as positive of a feeling, which didn’t make sense to me. Lucy was everything I always wanted. She was perfect. A dream partner and a dream mommy. I quickly brushed away the feeling. I was tired and it had been a long, interesting night. Maybe it was the sort of thing worth reflecting on when I was feeling fully energized.

“Did you have a good night?” she asked.

“The best time,” I answered. “It’s getting harder and harder to go home. You keep treating me like this and you’re legitimately going to be the full-time mother to a baby boy.”

“Would that be the worst thing to ever happen?” she asked with a coy smile.

I was rendered speechless, my crimson cheeks communicating for me instead.

“I know you need to go home,” she said, slowly running a finger down my face. “But…”

“But?”

“I just… Oh, I don’t know. I wasn’t going to say anything but then tonight happened and now I’m...feeling all sorts of things, I guess.”

My pulse was getting faster. I was curious to see where she was going with this. “Things? What sort of things?”

She leaned in, kissing me again - one of those extra deep and passionate kisses that made me want to float away. It had been a long time since I kissed someone like that.

“I know that I said I wasn’t looking for a relationship,” she said. “And, well, I’m not saying I want to marry you or anything but… I guess I really like you. I feel like we’re good for each other, right? This is good. This is fun. I want to keep seeing you.”

At the forefront of my mind, I was inclined to agree with her. This was good. This was fun. This was everything I had ever wanted and Lucy was amazing.

Yet somewhere in the deeper recesses of my consciousness, someone had pulled out the gong and a bullhorn. Don’t you dare say anything to her. You need to think about this.

“Of course,” I said. “I really like you too. I hope we see a lot more of each other.”

This answer pleased her and she kissed me again.

“Okay. Go. Get out of here. Get your fluffy butt home before you go and stink it up again.”

After I got dressed, she walked me to the door.

“You don’t think I’m crazy, do you?” she asked.

“Crazy? No! Why would I think that?”

“Maybe I just feel crazy,” she said with a laugh. “In the grand scheme of things, we barely know each other, and yet when I’m with you I just know that we have this connection, right? It feels good.”

“I know exactly what you mean.”

We shared one last kiss before I left.

--

I know exactly what you mean.

My own words rolled around in my mind the entire trip home and then later while I was under the covers in bed.

Lucy had said that whenever we were together, that she knew that we shared a connection. Yes. Yes, I did know what she meant by that.

Except it had occurred to me - somewhere between that conversation and the present - that my own experience with that feeling wasn’t from when I was with her.

Furthermore, it explained the undefinable feeling in my gut while we kissed. That feeling of something being off while I was in the company of the most amazing and perfect woman.

My heart was already reserved for someone else.

Ashley.

This realization was far less surprising than it should’ve been.

I have always believed in the ability to love more than one person. It was the basis of Veronica and I’s attempt at an open relationship once upon a time, and regardless of any other circumstances, it was the foundation for whatever Veronica and I were doing now. Polyamory, or non-monogamy - whatever you wanted to call it - I believed in it in my soul.

But for as long as I was lost in my own thoughts about my feelings for Ashley, it was as if there was no space for anyone else.

There were more questions that I had for myself. For example: If I wasn’t actually letting Lucy into some sort of relationship space with me...what was I doing?

I was afraid to answer that, for fear that I’d reveal something about myself that I’d rather not have to address at that moment.

--

“So did she, like, break off the lid to the baby powder bottle and proceed to pour the entire thing into your diaper?”

Lucy wouldn’t have the satisfaction of my well-powdered diaper waking Veronica up, but she probably would’ve settled for a snarky comment made during breakfast.

“It might have been a bit much,” I said. The fact that I could smell the fresh scent of the baby powder over the cup of coffee I had just poured myself was saying something.

“It’s cute,” she said.

“Cute? You think smelling like this is cute?”

She nodded. “I’d say so. Smells like there’s a baby in the house.” She put a finger to her chin and looked around, dramatically acting as if a mystery was afoot. “Ah yes. There is a baby in the house.”

I sighed, collapsing into a chair so I could drink my coffee - another small cloud of powder poofing into the air. The comic timing couldn’t have been better if this was a story that someone was writing.

“I’ve got to hand it to Lucy,” Veronica said, somehow looking even more smug than she had a moment earlier. “She knows how to leave her mark. It’s inspiring, really. I’m looking forward to meeting her at Ashley’s party.”

I just about choked on my coffee.

She added: “You did ask her if she’d go, yes? Not only am I looking forward to meeting her, but I’m sure Ashley would be heartbroken if she couldn’t make it.”

“I asked her to come,” I said.

“And?”

“I’m pretty sure she’s coming.”

“Good,” she said. “How do you feel about that?”

Nervous as fuck. “I think it’ll be good.”

She raised an eyebrow suspiciously. She knew me well.

“Everyone knows too much about me,” I said. I tried to play it off as a joke, but my tone likely hinted at my anxiety more than I would’ve liked.

“Not everyone,” she said. “Just me. And Lucy. Oh, and Ashley too. But it’s not like we’re making you parade around in your diaper for everyone to see.”

I had flashbacks of Lucy’s little fantasy.

“I know this…”

“We’re adults. Well...some of us more than others. But this isn’t going to be that kind of party. Nobody wants to humiliate you. Embarrass and tease you? Sure, maybe a little. But I’d likely have done that even if I didn’t know you were a baby. Speaking of which…”

“Yes?” I took another sip of coffee.

“Will you be wearing a diaper to the party?”

“What? I mean.... Didn’t you just say that it...wasn’t that kind of party?”

She shrugged nonchalantly. “I’m just asking. I think I have Ashley convinced that she should wear one. Maybe it’d be nice if you did the same? Solidarity among the babies?”

Lucy and I had talked about it in a fantastical way, but I hadn’t given it actual consideration. Veronica was, unfortunately, right - it would probably mean a lot to Ashley if she wasn’t the only one at her party secretly wearing a diaper under her clothing. And Lucy would certainly enjoy it. And, on top of all of that, none of us would want to expose that truth. Not in front of Ashley’s friends. Our friends. Her coworkers.

It seemed like a win-win to me.

“If Lucy is going, I’ll wear one,” I said.

“That makes sense,” she said. “You’d want someone there who could take care of you if you made a pee-pee in your pants.”

I felt like I was back in Lucy’s lap all over again. I felt myself stiffening in my diaper.

Perhaps having met her quota for teasing me this morning, she abruptly changed the subject: “Do you have plans for this evening?”

“No. Why do you ask?”

“I was supposed to help Ashley with getting some things set up in her apartment tonight, but I’m probably going to be running late. Do you think you’d mind running over to her place after work and giving her a hand?”

My heart fluttered a little. More time spent alone with Ashley? I was absolutely in.

“I suppose I could,” I said, playing it cool.

--

A little thought had grown in my mind while I worked that day. It was the next part of that conversation with myself about what I was supposed to do with Lucy.

If the thing that was holding me up was Ashley, maybe I needed to talk to Ashley about it. Maybe she needed to know how I felt about her. Or, maybe, I needed to know that she felt the same way.

And even if it scared the hell out of me, maybe there was no better time to do it then when I went to her place that night.

• Like 10

This week, on my Patreon, my patrons just finished reading this story. If you're the impatient type and don't want to wait a few weeks, maybe c'mon over and subscribe so you can check it out yourself! 

If ya don't, no worries. We still got a few more chapters to go here, and I'll continue to be publishing them every week.

Thanks for reading <3

Eighteen.

Ashley, perhaps knowing that I would be coming over to her place that night before I even did, had texted me to let me know that I could just let myself in whenever I got there.

While at work, in my most fantastical daydreams, I’d open the door and find herself in just a diaper, bent over the arm of her couch with her poofy bottom facing me. She had been waiting for me there so that as soon as I walked in, I would have to watch as she pushed and filled the seat of her diaper.

I spent most of the day debating with myself as to whether or not I’d wear one to see her. I worried that if I did wear one, it would come with presumptions with how the night would go. And if I was just going as a favor, maybe it’d be best if I was there just to help.

But I could also guess what she’d say if I asked her.

Finally at her door that evening, I found myself mid-knock and stopped myself before my knuckles met the heavy door. I found the doorknob to be unlocked, as expected, and let myself in.

She was not bent over the couch. A little disappointing, but I had probably set myself up for that disappointment.

“Ashley? It’s me, Jaime.” There was no immediate answer, so I ventured a little further in.

The apartment was in a little bit of disarray. It was hard to say if Ashley was just a little less tidy, or if this was just what things looked like while she moved things around for the party. It was far from a disaster, but everything had an unkempt quality to it that reminded me of when I had my first apartment in my early 20s.

Sometimes it felt like there was no difference at all - especially when we were both obsessing over baby things - but once in a while I’d find a subtle reminder of our age-gap. It never felt wrong. Regardless of her attire and hobbies, she was an adult. If anything, the age-gap just served to embarrass me. Even older and still in diapers?

Should I be better than this? Maybe I was missing out on an opportunity to be a daddy.

My eyes scanned around the apartment, spotting a baby bottle on the counter next to her sink. It immediately made my insides flutter a little. Getting excited by seeing a baby bottle is exactly why you aren’t anyone’s daddy.

“Jaime!” Ashley emerged from the bedroom with a big happy smile.

She, of course, looked amazing. She was wearing denim shortalls with a pastel pink shirt under it - an adorably toddler-esque look that was perfect for her.

“You look adorable,” I said. I couldn’t have hid my glee if I wanted to.

“Would you believe me if I said that I owned these before I...uh...met you?”

I nodded. “It seems like maybe you knew you were a big baby long before you moved in here.”

“On some level, maybe,” she laughed.

We walked towards each other and hugged. She felt so perfect against me. Her shorter height just seemed to be the perfect fit for hugging. Later, undoubtedly, I’d add this to my list of reasons I was crazy about her. It would be best not to dwell on that too much now.

“So, what are we doing here tonight?” I asked.

She laughed and looked around. “Everything, I guess? Vee had a plan, and I think she assumed I was on the same page. But...I’m not a party planner like she is.”

“Nobody is,” I laughed. “She’s on another level.”

“I guess we just have to move the couch and some chairs over there,” she said, pointing to the living room. “And then there will be some tables over here,” she said as she pointed to the partial wall that separated the living room from the kitchen, “so that we can put food and drinks on it.”

“That doesn’t seem like that much work,” I said. “The way Veronica asked me to come over, I thought I’d be building a stage.”

“Oh, well, we do need a stage. You know, for the baby dance-off?”

“I know you’re kidding,” I replied, “but just the thought of that makes my heart want to leap out of my chest.”

“Do you dance?” she asked.

“No. Or at least not well.”

She laughed. “I don’t either. But I’ve never let that stop me before.”

Maybe this was the big difference between us, looking at the bigger picture. She was way more comfortable in her skin than I was in mine. Dancing, diapers...it didn’t matter. I wish I had more of her confidence.

“There’s really not that much to do tonight,” Ashley said. “But I probably would’ve procrastinated everything until the last day if I was left to my own devices,” she said.

“Ah, I see,” I said with a laugh. “So I’m a babysitter?”

“If that’s the case, she couldn’t have picked a worse one. You’re a baby yourself.”

I was tempted to feign offense, but I just had to laugh instead.

“You are a baby?” she asked. “Aren’t you?”

“Do I look like a baby to you?” I asked with a mischievous smile.

“Not so much on the outside,” she said, tapping her lips with a finger. “But it’s always what’s on the inside that counts. Drop your pants, mister. Let’s see.”

“Wh-what? You expect me to…”

“You show me yours and I’ll show you mine.”

There was no further hesitation on my part. I let my navy slacks fall to the floor, revealing the diaper that I had opted to wear tonight. Apparently, that was the right decision.

“I just knew it,” she said with a giggle. “A baby!”

“Okay, fine. But now you.”

“Okay, well...I’m in these shortalls and…”

“Do you need help?”

She blushed, flustered. “Don’t be silly! I know how to take this thing off. I wear it all the time and…” She fumbled with the metal grommets that the shoulder straps attached to, but she seemed to be having a challenging time with it. “Okay...maybe a little help?”

I walked to her and carefully helped to unfasten the shoulder straps. It was a tragedy to watch the shortalls fall to the ground - they were just so fucking adorable. But the new sight in their place was just as cute; cuter, maybe. It was just a thick cream colored diaper with little cartoon fish on them, her cute pink tee barely covering her midriff.

“New diapers?” I asked.

“Mommy...er...Vee… She bought them for me. Had them delivered here yesterday.”

I felt a small jolt of jealousy, but I tried to shake it off.

“They’re cute. And you look cute in them. Not that, uh, you need any help from diapers to look cute.”

She leaned forward, kissing my mouth. It was everything. It was the most completing feeling I had had since...probably the last time we had kissed. Kissing Lucy was good; great even. But this? This was prime rib compared to a hamburger.

Our arms were wrapped around each other, the top of her diaper just rubbing against the bottom of mine.

“I was going to wear a diaper to your party,” I said. “Is that silly?”

“Vee said that I should too,” Ashley said. “But that doesn’t mean that it’s not silly.”

“How do you feel about that? Nervous?”

“No…” She sighed. “Yes, actually.”

I laughed, happy to hear that. I wasn’t sure that Veronica or Lucy understood exactly how I felt about it. “Okay, good. Me too.”

“I’ve got this dress I want to wear,” she said. “It’s...it's ridiculous. It’s short and girly and…”

“It sounds exactly like something you would wear,” I said with a laugh.

“I don’t want to show you right now.” She looked up at me, smirking. “I’m afraid you’re going to cream your diaper when you see it.”

“And so you’d rather show me at the party? So I, uh, ‘cream my diaper,’ in front of a bunch of strangers?”

She shrugged and giggled again.

“It does just about nothing to hide my diaper,” she added. “So, like, there’s a part of me that knows I probably shouldn’t wear it. But I just want to. I need to.”

“You could wear something over the diaper? Uh...bloomers?”

“Bloomers?” Ashley laughed. “Yeah...maybe. I’ll figure something out. Lucy is coming, right?”

I sighed. “I think so.”

“Good.”

“Can I be honest about that? I’m really nervous about it.”

She hugged me a little tighter. “Really?”

“I don’t know. Like...I know that nobody wants to...I don’t know, make a scene? Do anything embarrassing? But with you, and her, and Veronica all in the same room, and with all of us knowing so much about...well...the stuff we’re doing…”

“Now you’re going to make me nervous,” Ashley said.

“Like I said, I know that nothing bad is going to happen. Maybe it would be different if we had all met each other first? Like, not at a party.”

“That might have been worse,” she said.

“How so?”

“Like, in private? There’s no way that you and I wouldn’t have ended the evening crawling around the floor for their amusement.”

She was probably right. But would that have been so bad?

“I guess it’s working,” she said.

“What’s working?”

“Well...I want to get everything done now in the apartment now.”

I laughed. “Is that the kind of effect I have on you?”

“No, silly. If we get everything done quickly, we have more time to...play.”

“Ah, yes,” I said, blushing. “Well...let’s, uh, hurry up.”

I did the heavy lifting, moving a couch to a new location, setting up a table, and relocating a small bookshelf to make room for the table. She was mostly just picking up after herself, grabbing loose pieces of clothing that seemed to litter every corner of her apartment.

In particular, I spotted a small baby blue bra that I found quite cute. In the middle of trying to imagine what she looked like while wearing it, she scooped it up, her face pink with embarrassment.

“I’m not like this all the time,” she said.

“I think you really do need a babysitter,” I teased.

“Ugh...I probably do.”

It felt good to be the one doing the teasing instead of getting teased, for once. “They’d have their work cut out for them, right? They’d have to clean up your room and clean up your diaper.”

“H-hey,” she said, her hands on her hips in an act of faux anger. “I...Nobody has to...I...keep my diaper clean.”

“That’s not what I heard,” I said with a shrug.

“What...what did you hear?”

“I heard you make big ol’ messes in your diaper.”

She laughed as she finally exhaled. “Ah...okay. Now I know you’re joking.”

“You don’t?”

“Well, not that anybody has seen.”

“Not Veronica?”

“Not yet,” she said.

“But...you’ve…?”

She nodded. “Once. I was...curious.”

“You don’t have to defend it,” I said. “We’re both babies here.”

“I know. It’s just...embarrassing.”

“Did you...like it?”

She blushed brighter, her mouth stuck in a semi-open state as I watched her search for the right words. She gave up and just nodded.

“I like it too,” I said. “I mean...I could easily see why someone wouldn’t. But, there’s nothing in this world that makes me feel so…”

“Small?” She asked, finally speaking.

I nodded.

“Yeah. I felt that, for sure.”

“So you’d do that again?”

Now she nodded.

I wanted to ask her if she would do it for me. For the briefest of moments, the words were in my mouth, ready to spit out. At the last moment, I abandoned that plan. It was probably for the best. For now.

“Are you going to poop your pants at my party?” she asked, her smile warding away any lingering pinkness in her cheeks. “Are you going to be a party pooper?”

I couldn’t tell if she was being serious or if she was just trying to make a joke.

“I will if you do.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

I nodded.

“I’ll remember that.”

There was something else I wanted to say. There were a thousand things I wanted to say, of course, but one thing in particular. It had been stewing in my brain all day, if not longer. I kept looking for the chance to slide it into a conversation, but I was becoming increasingly convinced that there was no such thing as a perfect moment.

Maybe it’d be for the best if I just let it go. There weren’t many places this conversation could go, and a negative reaction, just before her party, probably wouldn’t be what either of us wanted.

“You okay?” she asked.

I sighed. “Uh, yeah.”

But she could see through that. Maybe anyone could’ve. But I was going to tell myself that she could see through me in that moment because there was a deeper connection than we had admitted to.

“I don’t completely believe that,” she said.

“It’s nothing that is going to help anyone right now,” I said. Words that almost guaranteed to make anyone who heard them more curious - not less.

“Well I don’t want to pry,” she said. “If you want to talk about something, just talk. I promise I’ll listen.”

I was going to say more, but before I could, she began to take off her pink tee. Under it she wore a simple white bra. It was a silly detail, but it seemed like the most perfect thing she could have been wearing under her shirt - if it had to be anything at all.

“We’re done now,” she said softly. “With all that work. See? There wasn’t much.”

“So now…”

“Now we can play,” she said. “Do you want to play?”

“What game?” I asked.

“Any of them. All of them.”

She turned, walking into her bedroom. I followed, taking off my shirt and undershirt as I did. By the time we both made it to her bed, neither of us were wearing a thing except for our diapers. She crawled onto her bed first, pushing off a few more random shirts and pants. She had even picked up a pair of her panties and held it up in her fingers so we could both see it. They were black with lace details. We both laughed. It wasn’t funny, per se, but it did seem a little absurd. There was a time in life when we wanted panties and underwear to replace our diapers. Now look at us.

I followed her, crawling up next to her. We lay side by side, cuddling as we rubbed our noisy crinkling padding together.

“I like having a Mommy,” she said randomly.

I nodded. I wasn’t going to dispute that.

“I like being taken care of. I like being in this space where I can do...anything, right? Like, I can just shut off and be nothing. Or be silly. And it doesn’t matter, because she’s there to cheer me on and take care of me.”

I got that. Lucy had me in that exact place.

“But...I like this too,” she said, staring into my eyes. “You get me in a different way. And...I don’t know. Maybe you know me better than I know me. Because, like...you used to be me? Does that make sense? Or am I rambling? Because sometimes when I get nervous I…”

“You’re fine,” I said. “And I get what you mean. I like spending time with Lucy. I like all the things she does for me and her complete willingness to let me just...be me. But, when I’m with you, I feel like…” I had no idea what words I wanted to use. But she was already nodding her head and smiling.

Her wet lips pressed against mine. We shared a long tender kiss before she pulled back again.

Her cheeks were pink again. “I...Can I...Do you mind if I…”

“Just do it,” I said. “Whatever you want to do, just go ahead and do it.”

For a moment - and it was hard to say exactly how long that moment was - where nothing seemed to happen. I was on edge, waiting for something - anything. Was she going to say something? Show me something?

But then I felt it. My diaper was starting to feel warm. But that’s impossible. I’m not…

It wasn’t me, it was her. She was wetting her diaper as it was pressed against mine. The wetter her diaper got, the warmer it was making mine.

“It’s a shame there are no babysitters,” I said. “Who is going to change you?”

She shrugged. “Not my problem.”

She held my face in her hands and kissed me again. I moaned as her tongue entered my mouth. It was a jolt of electricity through my body. It was a door opening to all the things I wanted so badly.

My baby-brain knew only of one way to react to this. I began pissing my diaper too. I had thought so little about this that I was actually confused about what was happening as I began to wet myself. Wait, what’s happening?

“Oh,” she said, her eyes widening. “Are...are you?”

I nodded.

“Oh my god,” she said. It was a face I had never seen of hers before. Sheer primal desire. Want. Need. We were just stupid babies and nothing had ever felt as good as pressing our diapers together as we pissed ourselves.

It could’ve been the greatest moment in my entire life. It could’ve led to the most intense night of naughty, twisted, kinky fun.

All I had to do was not screw it up by not saying anything profoundly stupid, like…

“A-Ashley?”

“Yeah?”

“I...love you. I’m in love with you.”

• Like 8

Nineteen.

“You look like you need your diaper changed,” Veronica said with a smirk.

“Huh?”

“You’ve got this pout on your face,” she said. “I don’t know what your problem is. I have to assume you’ve got something in your diaper.”

“Oh...uh...I’m not wearing a diaper.”

For a moment, I wondered what gave her the impression that I was pouting. I had just been sitting at the kitchen table, as I did every morning. But as I brought my full coffee mug to my lips, the liquid was cool to the touch. How long had I just been staring off into space?

“I can help you with that,” Veronica said.

“A diaper?”

She shrugged. “I’m getting better at putting them on Ashley. I could show you.”

Was Veronica now offering to put a diaper on me? Down was up. Left was right. I worried that I was dreaming, but the taste of the cooled coffee only seemed to spike my senses - not wake me up.

Any other time, I probably would’ve leapt at this chance. I would’ve killed for her to say those words to me a year ago. Hell, a few weeks ago. A week ago.

“Can I take a raincheck on that?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” she said with a shrug. “It might have been a one-time offer. Ask me again when you want to collect, and I’ll let you know if it’s still on the table.”

I had been in a mood for the last few days. I wasn’t mad. I wasn’t even sad. I was just a little burned out. I had been feeling too much lately, and I didn’t want to feel anymore.

“Seriously,” she said. “What’s going on with you?”

“Oh, nothing, I…”

“Don’t tell me ‘nothing.’ You’ve been moping around the apartment for a while now.”

“Have I?” I knew that I had, but I really thought I was doing a better job of hiding it.

“Since the other night,” she said. “When you went over to Ashley’s? I feel like you’ve been a puddle of depression ever since. Did something happen over there?”

“No,” I said. That wasn’t a lie, even if it omitted a lot of other information. Actually, it might have been a lie.

“I asked Ashley,” she said. “She claims nothing happened either. Though she doesn’t look like a grumpasaurus, so I guess I believe her. But you? I don’t know.”

“I’m fine,” I said, trying my best to shake off some of my ‘bad vibes.’ “Really, I’m okay. Maybe I’m just tired or something.”

“Ashley’s party is tonight,” Veronica said. She didn’t need to tell me that. “Are you going to be okay to go?”

I nodded. “Of course.” A fake smile and: “I really am looking forward to it.”

--

“I... love you. I’m in love with you.”

I probably could’ve gotten away with saying a lot of things in that moment. I could’ve said something sexy. I could’ve said something silly. I could’ve pretended to talk like a baby and that probably would’ve been both silly and sexy. But I said the one thing that Ashley probably hadn’t been expecting me to say.

She just stared at me. She didn’t say anything, and her face seemed to be completely blank. I began to wonder if I should say it again. Or, if I should never say it again and hope that we were somehow able to forget that this happened.

Her phone chirped. Saved by the goddamn bell, apparently.

She grabbed for her phone and quickly read the screen.

“It’s, uh, Veronica,” she said, scratching her head. “She just got home and she’s going to come see us in a few minutes.”

“Oh.” It didn’t immediately occur to me why that was a problem. Then I remembered that we were only wearing diapers. “Oh!”

“We should get dressed,” Ashley said.

“Yes! Of course.”

And with just moments to spare, we managed to get back into our clothes and busy ourselves in her apartment so that when Veronica came in, she just saw me straightening the table, and Ashley picking up a few random items.

After that, we interacted only when we had to. Everything felt awkward and forced.

--

Ashley and I hadn’t revisited the conversation since. No text messages. No conversations. Nothing. The longer this radio silence went, the harder it was to be the one to initiate a conversation again. Was she mad at me? Was she consumed with regret for having fooled around with me in the first place? If she wasn’t reaching out to me, maybe it was because she didn’t want to talk.

I had every intention of being patient while I gave her space. But those good intentions quickly faded, giving way to panicked anxiety. That, in turn, gave way to the assumption that I had broken everything. I wondered - worried - how far down things would break. Would Ashley talk to Veronica?

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I had no desire to go to the party now. Especially with Lucy coming. The thought of having to balance the introduction of Lucy with having to pretend that there wasn’t some awkward tension with Ashley was enough to make me want to hail a taxi and leave town for long enough that I missed the party altogether.

Lucy: It’s the big night, right? The party! Still nervous?

It was probably not the best idea to respond to her text with a series of screaming emojis.

Me: I’ll always be a little nervous. How are you feeling? Excited?
Lucy: Excited, yes. I’m excited to see you again. And I guess I’m excited to learn a little more about your world. Your ecosystem.
Me: Gosh, I don’t think anyone has ever asked to see my ecosystem before. I’m blushing!

If anything was going to save me from becoming a panicked mess, it was going to be humor.

Lucy: Do you have to be there at, like, the start of the party?
Me: Oh, I don’t know. I mean, I guess it's not my party, so I could probably show up whenever I wanted. Why?
Lucy: I was just thinking that maybe I don’t want to walk into a party full of strangers alone. Maybe you and I can meet up first? We could pre-game it with a drink and then head to the party together?
Me: That’s a great idea. There’s a bar near my apartment building. When you’re close by tonight, just let me know and I can meet you there.
Lucy: :)

This might have been the best case scenario. If I needed to feel secure and calmed, maybe my best bet was sticking close to Lucy - who was practically a human security blanket herself.

In fact, I could already feel myself slowly coming back to Earth. I could breathe again.

Soon after, I caught Veronica in the kitchen, grabbing a few final things for a box of supplies she was bringing up to Ashley’s.

“I’m heading upstairs,” she said. “I’ll probably be up there for the rest of the day.”

“Did you need my help with anything for the party?” I asked. Considering that I had already made plans with Lucy, I was hoping that the answer was no.

“That’s nice of you to ask,” she said. “But I think we’re done. Just making some food at this point.”

“Are you expecting a big turnout?”

“It’ll be a decent group, I think. A number of people that Ashley works with will be there. I’ve invited some friends too. The fun people. Hopefully it gives her a chance to make some more friends. Oh, you know who’s coming?”

I shook my head. I could be guessing all day.

“Henry and Lily. It’s been a while since we’ve seen them.”

“Oh yeah,” I said, scratching my head. “Weren’t they just on vacation?”

“I think they were up in the country for a week,” she said. “Not my kind of vacation, but they seemed to enjoy it.”

I shrugged. It’d be nice to see them again.

“What time are you coming tonight?” she asked.

“Well, I was going to meet with Lucy first and then I figure we’d show up together, so…”

“Alright,” she said with a smile. It seemed genuine, though what did I know? “Try not to be too late. And if Lucy could be sure to change your diaper before your arrival, I think that’d be best for everyone.”

I blushed a little at her playful jab and watched her leave. I wondered what the world would be like the next time I saw her. I still couldn’t even begin to imagine what it was going to be like at this party.

I was getting a little nervous again.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

--

“You look stressed,” Lucy said. “You aren’t being shot into space, it’s just a party.”

“Being shot into space doesn’t sound so bad,” I said.

We hugged outside, her hands taking it upon themselves to give my bottom an inspecting squeeze. They’d be content with what they found.

“You do realize that this means I have to check that diaper throughout the night,” she said.

I nodded.

“I’m not sure what to tell you,” she said with a laugh. “You look stressed, and yet you seem to invite this stress.”

I sighed while I shrugged. “Yeah...I’m a complicated beast.”

“Aren’t we all? Let’s get a drink in us. A drink and a shot? That should help loosen us up a little.”

I needed some loosening up. The party ‘officially’ started soon. More than enough time for us to share a drink or two.

We were at Paladino’s - the same bar that I had run into Ashley at - we were actually sitting in the same seats that Ashley and I sat in that night. Back before Ashley wore a diaper herself. In fact - it had been the place where I had accidentally spilled the fact that I wore diapers myself. In many ways, that night felt like the true start to the craziness that my life would have become in such a short time after.

I didn’t feel upset about it. If anything, I was a little nostalgic. Could I be nostalgic for such a recent memory?

“I promise I’ll be on good behavior tonight,” Lucy said, kicking back her cranberry and vodka. “I’ll do my best not to embarass you.”

“It’s not you I’m worried about,” I said.

“No? Is it your wife?”

That was a complicated question to answer. It wasn’t really Veronica I was worried about either. But it could be, depending on what - if anything - Ashley said to her.

“Maybe it’s nobody in particular,” I said. “Maybe it’s just...newness.”

“I get that,” she said. “But don’t forget, it’s new for me too. And it’s new for Veronica. And it’s new for Ashley.”

She wasn’t wrong, and that would’ve been an incredibly important reminder if I hadn’t started breaking things when I told Ashley that I loved her.

I took a deep breath and finished off my old fashioned. On an empty stomach, just one drink was already starting to hit me in all the right places.

“I’m not the only one who should be on good behavior tonight,” she teased, her voice softening. Maybe she was just trying to lighten the mood - or maybe she saw the early hint of tipsiness that I was feeling.

“Oh?”

“I mean, you did seem to have quite a visceral reaction to my little story about a naughty boy filling his pants at a party.”

I felt myself blushing, and just like that - years melted off of my age.

“Yeah...but that was just, uh, fantasy.”

“So you’re telling me that if I came up to you at the party and whispered into your ear that I wanted you to fill your diaper, you wouldn’t do it?”

“I...well…”

“Hypothetically. Let’s say I did ask that of you. What would you do?”

“I guess I’d like to think that I have some semblance of control…”

“But do you?” she asked.

“Oh...probably not.”

She laughed. “So you’re saying there’s no way of knowing until I actually tried to find out?”

“You...You wouldn’t actually do that, would you? Like, you wouldn’t actually expect me to just...poop myself in the middle of a party just because you asked?”

She shrugged. “No, probably not.”

Probably not.

“But it’d be a shame if we didn’t get to have any fun, right?” she added. “We should definitely have a little fun. Please?”

“What did you have in mind?” I asked.

“Wet yourself. I don’t know. Give me a reason to check your diaper. I mean, if you need to change it’s not like your apartment isn’t far away, right?”

She made me forget about all the other stuff weighing on my mind. Now, I just pictured what fun looked like.

“I guess that works,” I said. “I mean it’s close enough that we could actually do...anything.”

She laughed. “Oh, don’t even tempt me.”

I sighed. It was a nice distraction.

“Can I offer you some advice?” she asked.

“Go for it.”

“Get out of your head. Stop waiting for the worst case scenario and just live your life. The best you can do is do what’s best for yourself. Some people may not say the things or do the things you want them to, but you’d never be able to control that. You can never take enough precautions.”

I took a deep breath, letting her words permeate my head.

“So what if someone there says something that embarrasses you? You get to control how you react to that. You laugh it off, people are going to laugh with you. Brush it off like nothing and nobody will think twice about it. But if you act humiliated and crushed, people are going to want to know the rest of the story.”

“You’re right,” I said. It was nothing I didn’t already know on some level, but I needed to hear it.

“We’re just going to have fun,” she said. “You and me. If it gets awkward, it gets awkward. But we’re still going to have fun no matter what.”

Another deep breath. Perhaps I had been a little hasty in thinking that I had to put my feelings for Lucy on hold while I figured out my feelings for Ashley.

“Hey, you know, Veronica is up at Ashley’s apartment now,” I said, looking at my watch. “So my apartment is open if we want to stop there on the way up.”

“Oh? And what would we need to stop there for?” she asked with a smirk.

“Well...I’m wetting my diaper right now. So maybe we could fit in a pre-party diaper change?”

She laughed and shook her head in disbelief. “Such a baby.” To the bartender: “Excuse me? Can we get two shots of tequila?” She looked back to me: “Alright. Let’s do this.”

• Like 11

Twenty.

Somewhere between our twenties and thirties, party culture changes. The music gets lower. The beer gets a little more expensive. There’s more trash in the trash cans than there is on the ground. The food is better. More people show up earlier than later. It was a good thing, and I was happy to have reached the age where parties felt more mature.

Regardless of whether or not I had just had my diaper changed downstairs.

“Well well well.” Had Veronica been keeping one eye on the door the entire time? Or had she just so happened to be looking at the door as we walked in? She was suddenly in front of us, still wearing a stained apron, clearly still in the midst of making food.

“Lucy,” I said, smiling nervously, “I’d like you to meet my wife, er, Veronica. Veronica, this is Lucy.”

I expected them to shake hands politely. They hugged.

“Oh my goodness,” Veronica said. “You’re gorgeous.”

“Oh stop,” Lucy said. Was she...blushing? “You look incredible. Jaime? How come you didn’t tell me that your wife is a hottie?”

“I guess it...slipped my mind,” I said, scratching my head.

“He can’t help it,” Veronica said. “I’m sure you know how he is - baby-brained and all.”

Lucy laughed and playfully swatted my bottom. There was a tell-tale sound emanating from my pants, but it was hard to tell if anyone else could hear it, let alone identify it.

“I know all about it,” she replied.

“Well, look,” Veronica said, “why don’t you two get something to eat and drink. Mingle a little. I’m sure we’ll see more of each other soon enough.”

And with that, she disappeared back into the kitchen again, almost as quickly as she had appeared.

“So that was Veronica?” Lucy asked with a smile.

My heart raced. I felt like we had just witnessed a great white shark swim by our boat - we were so close to death, yet it felt like nothing had happened at all.

“That was her,” I said.

“She seems nice.”

“She makes a good first impression, I’ll give her that.”

“Oh, stop,” Lucy said, playfully slapping my bottom again. “She’s not the devil.”

I laughed and shrugged it off. Lucy was right, but I didn’t want to have spend too much time praising Veronica right now.

“And so where is the other one?” Lucy asked. “Ashley?”

That was a good question. I panned the apartment looking for her, but I didn’t see her. There weren’t too many people here just yet - maybe 8 or 9 others, but Ashley definitely wasn’t among them.

I both did and didn’t want to see her. I missed her. But, if it was going to be awkward and tense, it was probably going to be an uncomfortable night.

“Maybe she’s in the kitchen?” I asked. “Or maybe…”

“You’re finally here,” a voice from behind us said.

It was Ashley. She had a giant smile on her face as she approached us. She was wearing exactly what she had warned me about: A short and cute dress. I hadn’t, in her words, ‘creamed my diaper,’ but it certainly had me stiffening up.

It was just barely a dress. Maybe a romper, or a glorified onesie, it had a ring of tulle running around her hip, almost like a classic ballerina tutu. Her diaper - or where I imagined her diaper might have been - was just barely covered by the tulle and a flap of cloth. If she didn’t look like a baby, she looked like a toddler who had just started dressing themselves.

“A-Ashley,” I said, smiling uncontrollably. “I want you to meet…”

“Lucy?” Ashley asked. “Is this the Lucy?”

“I don’t know,” Lucy said with a laugh. “That depends on what you’ve heard.”

“Only that you’re an amazing Mom…” her voice trailed off a little as she realized that she might be saying certain words a little too loudly. “...an amazing woman.”

Lucy smiled warmly and the two embraced.

To my shock and astonishment, I watched as Lucy’s hands slid down Ashley’s back and gave her bottom a quick squeeze - just as she had done for me before we went to the bar earlier. I fully expected Ashley to react negatively to this, or to pull away, but instead she just giggled bashfully.

“I’m sorry,” Lucy said. “I suppose it’s just a little habit I’ve picked up while I’m hugging babies.”

“I...uhm...I don’t mind,” Ashley said, blushing. She looked a little flustered, but not at all upset about this.

“If it’ll make you feel any better,” Lucy said to her, “you’re not the only one at this party wearing a diaper. Do you think you can guess who the other baby is?”

Ashley laughed and looked at me. She was still blushing - I was blushing too - and our eyes met. I wished I could’ve read her mind, but I could at least take a little solace in the fact that she genuinely looked happy to see me. Maybe things weren’t as broken as I thought they were.

“He’s a good boy,” Ashley said. She might have been talking to Lucy. She might have just needed me to hear that.

“I know he is,” Lucy said, wrapping her arm around my shoulders and pulling me in close to her. “I’m quite lucky.”

“Can I get you a drink?” Ashley asked. “We have beer. And there’s a bunch of liquor over there. And Vee made a punch. I didn’t ask what’s in it, but...it’s a little strong.”

“Take it easy on the punch,” Lucy said softly. I wondered if her maternal voice was supposed to come through or not, but she sounded like a mommy. “Unless you want to give Veronica something to change later.”

“I...well..” Ashley blushed again and laughed. “Oh gosh, you’re good at that.”

Lucy just smiled. She really was a natural mother.

“We’ll get some drinks,” I said.

Behind us, the door was opening again and another woman was joining the party.

“I should greet her. But I’m so happy that you’re both here now. Go! Drink! Eat! I promise, I’ll see you again soon.”

Lucy and I walked to the table where all the bottles of liquor had been set up. I had begun reaching for the bottle of Jameson, but decided to take my chances on the lime green punch - as Lucy had opted for as well.

“She’s cute,” Lucy said.

“Yeah, I guess…”

“She’s not just...cute,” Lucy continued. “She’s like...adorable in the way that a kitten or a puppy is. She’s so cute that you feel like you need to smother her to death with hugs and kisses.”

“Are you...threatening to kill her?”

“With hugs and kisses, yes,” she said with a laugh. “But...everything makes sense to me now.”

I didn’t ask her to elaborate. Maybe I should’ve, but I was happy just getting past those two encounters with everyone still feeling happy and elated to be at the same place at the same time.

“Do you know anyone here?” Lucy said, looking around the room.

“Some of them,” I said. “Over there, by the window, that’s Lewis. I think he’s our neighbor too. I didn’t know that Ashley knew him. But maybe Veronica invited him? And them, over there by the stereo? That’s Lily and Henry. They’re friends of Veronica and I. Nice people.”

“He looks like he could rock a diaper,” Lucy said, staring at Henry.

“Really? I doubt that he’d ever go for something like that. But, that’s it, I think. Everyone else looks to be people that either Veronica or Ashley know.”

“Whose party is it?” she asked.

I shrugged. “It belongs to both of them. But...maybe it’s more Veronica’s?”

“Veronica is certainly the host,” Lucy said. “And Ashley is…”

We watched as Ashley danced her way across the room, doing a little spin for Lily and Henry before breaking down into giggles in front of them.

“...a little tipsy already?”

“Maybe,” I said with a smile. “But...she’s also just kind of like that sometimes.” Childlike. Free. I didn’t say those words out loud, but those ones were just for me.

Lucy took a sip of the punch. She laughed and nodded. “Okay, well, if she had a glass of this punch already, then she’s tipsy.”

The punch was strong. “Veronica strong” was a little saying that our small group of friends used to use when Veronica was acting as bartender. It was never clear whether she wanted everyone to be shitfaced within the hour, or if she just had no concept of how much alcohol was too much.

All things considered, maybe a good stiff drink or two would be rather helpful tonight.

“When I check your diaper,” Lucy asked, sidling up to me and whispering in my ear, “should we do it out here in the middle of the party?”

“Uh…” I felt my face turn red. I quickly faced her, and found her laughing.

“I’m teasing. Though… We should have brought your diaper bag.”

“It’s my bookbag,” I said, glancing around to make sure nobody heard us. And it’s downstairs, so...it’s not very far away. Not that we’ll need it.”

“Are you sure? I can check your diaper right now.”

“N-no, I’m good,” I said.

She laughed again, clearly enjoying getting a rise out of me.

“I want to get some food,” she said. “Do you want any?”

“I should eat...” I said, thinking out loud. “You go on ahead. I’ll catch up in a moment.”

I had wanted a moment to myself without Lucy’s naughty comments being whispered in my ear - as much as I enjoyed them.

Lucy had taken a plate and was putting some food on it, when I noticed Veronica swooping in next to her. They had begun talking. And laughing. And talking some more. It made me a little uncomfortable. Given their body language, the conversation didn’t seem to be going bad. In fact...they seemed to be getting along quite well. It was worrying, for reasons I hadn’t decided on yet.

“They look nice and chummy,” Ashley said, putting some more punch in her cup.

“Uh, careful,” I said to her. “That stuff seems pretty strong.”

“I can handle my punch,” she said. She giggled and shook her head. “Actually, I’m lying. I’m already feeling it.”

Lucy had called that…

“Hey…” I said. This was probably not the time, and definitely not the place, to do this. But if she was going to saunter up to me at a party while a little tipsy, maybe this was exactly the time to try and have this conversation.

“Yeah?”

“About yesterday, in your apartment?”

She sighed and looked up at me. She was smiling. She reached up and touched the side of my face.

“That was awkward, huh?” she asked.

“A little bit.”

“Bad timing on Vee’s part, prolly.”

“And mine,” I said. I wasn’t sure if that was true, but I could rarely pass up the chance to soak up blame that I didn’t have to.

“No,” she said, shaking her head. “It...it really meant a lot to me that you opened up to me like that. I wish I had a chance to respond then...but Vee had just gotten there and…”

“Yeah,” I said. “I get it.”

“We’re not done with that conversation,” she said. “Okay?”

I nodded. “Anytime you want to, we can finish it.”

“I’ll hold you to that,” she said with a smile. She leaned forward, kissing me on the cheek.

“What do you think they’re talking about,” I said, nodding towards Lucy and Veronica.

“Us,” Ashley said without missing a beat.

“Probably. Does it make you nervous?”

“It shouldn’t,” she said. “But it does.”

“It’s like they’re comparing notes,” I said.

“Giving each other ideas,” she quickly responded.

“Do you think it’s one of those things where they act all nice and friendly with each other while they’re talking to each other - but later on, when they’re alone with us, they’ll let it slip that they actually disliked the other?”

She laughed. “Ooh, that would be juicy. But I don’t think so. You probably know Veronica better than I do, but I get the feeling that she wouldn’t talk to someone she didn’t like more than she had to.”

“This is true,” I said.

We stared at the two of them talking until they noticed us, at which point we quickly looked back to each other, as if we had just been chatting all along.

“I should mingle,” Ashley said with a sigh.

“This is your party,” I said with a laugh. “Don’t sound so disappointed that you have to enjoy it.”

“Oh...it’s not that,” she said.

“What is it, then?”

“I just...I dunno. I guess I’d rather…” She sighed again. “I’m going to mingle. You go do the same. Do you know Andy?” she asked, motioning towards a bearded man who was getting himself a drink.

“Can’t say that I do,” I said.

“Andy,” she said, getting his attention, “this is Jaime, a dear friend of mine. Jaime? This is Andy - he’s another designer at my company.” Then, she quickly darted off, leaving us two strangers to carry on the conversation from there.

“Nice to meet ya,” Andy said, offering a hand to me.

I shook his hand, though I was already more interested in where Ashley was. Or what Lucy and Veronica were still talking about. “Likewise,” I finally said to him, trying to focus on him now. “She said that you work with her?”

“Ah, yeah,” he said. “We’re both graphic designers.”

“Do you like it?”

“Well, it’s alright. The pay could be better. And I guess the benefits could be better. And the hours…”

“Sounds like a job,” I said with a laugh.

“Yeah, pretty much. But...I do get to work with Ashley.”

Oh no…

“She, uh, said that you were a good friend?” he added.

“I...yeah. We’re good friends. Neighbors.”

“Is she...seeing anyone?”

I glanced across the room to Ashley, currently chatting up a young woman near where the food was. Her eyes caught mine and she smiled.

“I’m not completely sure,” I said. “I think...maybe? Yeah, I think she might be.”

“Ah damn,” he said with a shrug. “That’s too bad. She is so frickin’ cute, right?”

I was trying to stay engaged with Andy, but my eyes couldn’t budge from Ashley. “Yeah, you’re not wrong about that.”

“What the hell is she even wearing?” he asked. “She looks like a little princess. I swear, nobody else could pull that off. But she looks…” He had paused as he searched for the right word.

“Perfect?”

“Yeah,” he said, nodding. “That’s about right.”

A gentle tap on my shoulder served as the distraction I needed to get away from Andy and his pining for Ashley.

“Hello, stranger,” Lucy said as she wrapped an arm around my waist.

“I saw that you and Veronica were talking for a bit.”

“She insisted that I call her Vee,” Lucy said with a smile.

“So...that conversation went well?”

She nodded. “Swimmingly.”

“Really?”

“Is that so hard to believe?”

“No, I don’t think so.” I laughed and shook my head. I had been so nervous about Veronica and Lucy not getting along that I had failed to think of how I would feel if it had been just the opposite.

“She cares about you very much,” she said. “I think she genuinely wants to see you happy.”

I wasn’t sure how to react to that. Veronica had said as much to me as well, over breakfast that one morning not too long ago. I wondered if she had said those words to Lucy as well, or if it was just something Lucy picked up on in the course of their conversation.

“I’m happy the two of you seem to get along,” I said, smiling.

Her voice lowered a little: “How’s your diaper holding up?”

“I…” I took a deep breath and glanced around nervously. “I’m still dry.”

“A shame,” she said. “You should work on fixing that when you can.”

“You think? I should just wet myself? Here?”

“I bet your little friend has,” she said, grinning.

“Ashley? You think so?”

“I bet.”

We were both staring at Ashley now, probably both imagining her with a wet diaper under her little dress.

“Do you think that she would be a party pooper?” Lucy asked.

“You mean...like...mess her diaper? Here?”

Lucy nodded.

“I...I don’t think so?”

“I’d like to see that,” she said. “I think you’d like to, too.”

I was blushing. My face felt like it was on fire. I lifted my hand to conceal my face, but she saw everything she needed to in an instance.

“You like her,” she said.

“Well…”

“I’m not mad. But you did leave out that little detail.”

“I’m sorry,” I said.

“I’m not mad,” she repeated.

I wished to say something - anything - but I was coming up empty. I looked at her, and I could see some disappointment in her eyes. I wondered what she was thinking. Did she see me looking at Ashley in a way that she had wished I looked at her?

“Wet your diapers,” she said. It was an order.

I nodded. I had half-expected her to watch me, but she returned to the party, introducing herself to a cluster of folks sitting on the couch.

Maybe I was too far into my own head, but I felt like I had to accomplish this task. As if, somehow, pissing myself would be a sign to Lucy that I still appreciated and respected her.

Was that even what she wanted?

My bladder wasn’t cooperating. I felt that I could go, but I just seemed to lack the ability to initiate. I drank a little more punch. I paced around a corner of the living room for a few moments until I got sucked into a conversation about whitewater rafting with Mitch and Danielle.

About two minutes into that conversation I began wetting myself. It wasn’t entirely purposeful, but when I felt a little pressure on my bladder, I just leaned into it and let it happen. Maybe it was Danielle’s talk of the fierce rapids caused by the seasonal flooding that helped inspire me, but once it started, it was pure pleasure and satisfaction that prevented me from stopping it.

I was a naughty baby, flooding my diaper while pretending to be an adult. And nobody was the wiser.

“In need of a diaper change?” Veronica asked, moments after I had stepped away from the conversation.

I felt the color drain from my face and my heart drop. How did she know? Could she tell? Was it obvious? Had I leaked?

“Calm down,” she said, reading my face. “I’m just teasing.”

“Oh…”

“Unless...you actually did piss yourself?”

“I just, uhm…”

“Oh my god,” she said, giggling behind her hand. “You did, didn’t you?”

I sighed and nodded.

“Such a little baby. At least you’re not the only one.” She glanced around the room until her eyes landed on Ashley, still buzzing around like a bubbly princess. “There’s another little girl with a soggy bottom running around here right now.”

“She...she’s wet too?”

Veronica nodded. “I’ll deal with her soon enough. But how about we return you to your mommy?”

“You don’t have to do that. I can just go and…”

“Nonsense. Come with me.”

I would’ve followed her, but she grabbed my wrist and towed me behind her anyways. It was a little embarrassing, being dragged across the party by my wrist like I was a toddler. But...given what I had just done, maybe this was very fitting.

I had to hand it to Veronica - despite never feeling like she was an especially maternal person, she sure knew how to make me feel small. I could see what Ashley liked.

“Lucy?”

Lucy turned around to face Veronica. I had bashfully hidden myself behind my wife’s back.

“Why hello,” Lucy said with a smile. “Everything okay?”

“Your baby may need a change soon,” Veronica said.

“H-hey,” I interjected. “Not so loud.”

“Oh?” Lucy asked. “Did he have a little accident?”

“I doubt it was an accident,” Veronica said.

Both women laughed, and it only further embarrassed me.

“If you’ll excuse us, then, I’ll be taking him back to your apartment for a change.”

“Of course,” Veronica said, adding: “As soon as I can capture my little bouncing baby, I should probably get her into something fresher too…”

“Well,” Lucy said, glancing at me with a wide grin on her face, “someone needs to be the hostess. You send her down to me when you can. I’ll take care of her just as I’ll take care of him.”

• Like 12

Twenty-One.

“Can I be honest with you? I feel a little silly right now.”

You’re the one who feels silly? I was the one lying on my back on the bed I shared with my wife - pants removed, diaper opened and damp baby wipes lapping at my tender skin.

I didn’t say anything.

“It’s not your fault, per se,” Lucy continued, sliding the wet diaper out from under me. “I’m kind of frustrated with myself right now.”

“Why?” I asked, with very little volume in my voice. Having a woman lift your legs into the air while changing your diaper had its effects on my confidence.

“I said that I wasn’t looking for anything serious,” she said with a shrug. “Remember? When we first started talking?”

I nodded.

“But then I went and got...I don’t know. Attached.”

I felt like I should apologize, but I couldn’t bring myself to say anything.

“Like, I should have known what was going to happen. I knew you were married. And, sure you’re poly or open...or whatever it is that you and Vee are doing - so I always knew something like this would happen. But...I just…”

She wrapped up the old diaper and set it aside before unfurling the fresh diaper to change me into. It occurred to me that it was her first time changing my diaper when I wasn’t erect. This had much more to do with the fact that Lucy was spilling her guts to me - while a party took place above us - than it had to do with me not be excited by having her change me again.

“...I changed your messy diaper,” she said. “Doesn’t that mean something?”

“It doesn’t mean that I don’t like you,” I said.

She sighed. “No, you’re right, you’re right. But...I saw something between you and Ashley. And maybe you feel the same way about me, I don’t know. But it just triggered something in my mind. This...question.”

“What question?” I asked?

“Am I just a Mommy to you?”

It was hard to answer that question as she wrapped another diaper around me. But even if that hadn’t been the case, I still had no idea how to answer that question.

I liked how Lucy treated me. LIke a baby.

I liked how Lucy talked to me. Like a baby.

I liked how Lucy made me feel. Like a baby.

Maybe I did know how to answer that question.

I opened my mouth to say something, when there was a knock on the bedroom door. That could only be one person.

“Come in,” Lucy said.

The opened door revealed a bashful Ashley, nibbling her fingernail as she gave a small wave to us.

“Uhm...Vee told me that I should come down here because…” She couldn’t even say the words out loud.

“Are you another soggy baby?” Lucy asked.

Ashley’s eyes dropped to me, on my back in a fresh diaper while a wet one was balled up next to me. There was the slightest bit of relief in her eyes, seeing that she wasn’t the only one.

Ashley nodded.

“Come, lie down on the bed, Baby,” Lucy said. “I’ll take care of you.” She then turned back to me: “And you should go back to the party. Or, at least, wait for us in the living room. It’d be rude to watch a little girl get her diaper changed.”

I watched as Ashley turned an entirely new shade of pink.

“Actually,” Ashley said, looking back to me from Lucy again. “Could he stay? I’d like it if he stayed.”

Lucy smiled. It wasn’t a wicked or mischievous grin - it was the look of someone who had just seen a puppy, or who was watching the final scene in a rom-com.

She might have looked a little jealous, too.

“Of course he can stay,” Lucy said. “But, he’s going to have to stay on his back. Like a baby.”

I nodded.

“And,” Lucy added, “he’s going to have to suck his thumb.”

I slowly raised my hand to my mouth, letting my thumb slip between my lips.

It was probably the most infantile state Ashley had ever seen me in. I was a little embarrassed.

But then she laid down on the bed next to me, looked at me, and put her own thumb in her mouth.

--

The changing of our diapers seemed to coincide with the changing of the tone of the party. The earlybirds slowly made their exit and a few late arrivals dropped by. Ashley’s coworkers and acquaintances outnumbered my and Veronica’s friends, and the younger energy had an almost immediate effect on the vibe.

The music got a little louder. There seemed to be more drinks in hand. I could smell the pot long before a joint got passed in my direction.

It had been Veronica’s party before, but now it was entirely Ashley’s.

Ashley seemed to be in her element. She was dancing and laughing while she bopped from group to group.

Meanwhile, I felt old. Well, I feel like a baby. But I also felt old.

Things were getting a little fuzzy. I had made small talk here and there - I was pretty sure I had a good conversation about using pizza stones too - and I was enjoying myself. Occasionally, my brain would itch a little with the thought of the unfinished business between Lucy and I.

“Am I just a Mommy to you?”

Oh, and I had unfinished business with Ashley too.

I got some more punch.

“Careful,” a voice said as I ladled some liquid into my cup from the punch bowl. Two arms wrapped around my torso from behind. “I hear that stuff is strong!”

“Are you having a good time?” I asked Ashley. I didn’t need to see her face to know who it was.

“Uh huh,” she said. “What about you?”

“This has been fun,” I said.

“I don’t know where Vee is,” she said.

“I’m not sure that I do either,” I replied.

“I haven’t seen Lucy in a while either.”

“You think they’re together?” I asked.

“I dunno.”

She rested her head on my back. It felt good, being so close to her.

“Can I tell you something?” she asked.

“Of course.”

“I...really liked getting my diaper changed while you were next to me.”

I was happy she couldn’t see my face, because I felt like I had turned crimson.

“I liked that too.”

“Can I...tell you something else?”

“Of course.”

“So...when Vee told me to go down to your apartment to, uhm, get a change? I really wanted to, uh…”

“Really wanted to what?” I asked.

“I was just feeling so small,” she said. “Like, I dunno, I couldn’t think of the consequences or about if anyone would see me or not.”

“Yeah?”

“All I could think about was that I wanted to…” She paused, and when she spoke again, her voice had become even quieter. It was almost impossible to hear her over the music and the people talking. I just barely was able to make out her words: “I wanted to mess my diaper before I went to your apartment.”

I laughed, and I could feel her laughing against my back as well.

“That would’ve been quite the surprise for Lucy.”

“I wasn’t thinking about Lucy. I was just...squatting in the hallway, trying to force something into my diaper. But I gave up.”

“Why did you want to do that?”

“I...wanted to show you how much of a baby I can be.”

“You don’t have to do anything to impress me,” I said. “Promise.”

“But what would you have done if I had?” she asked.

“Creamed my diaper.”

We both laughed.

“I should probably wait to say this,” she said. “But...I’m feeling kind of floaty and…”

“We’re all feeling kind of floaty right now,” I said.

“I never thought of the ‘L’ word,” she said. “Like that word specifically.”

“Love?”

“That’s the one. But...I think I share the sentiment.”

It wasn’t exactly what I wanted to hear, but it was better than the alternative.

“I like you,” she said. “A lot.”

“Well...you know how I feel about that already.”

“I like Vee too.”

“I know,” I said.

“I want both.”

I didn’t say anything. I wanted her to have both. But it just felt so complicated.

“I’m going to tell her that I want both of you,” she said.

I had expected to have a panic attack at hearing those words, but I smiled instead. “Yeah?”

“She needs to know.”

“I’ll tell her too,” I said.

“What are you telling her?”

“That I want you too.”

“What about Lucy?”

Lucy’s pre-party words came back to me: Stop waiting for the worst case scenario and live your life. She probably didn’t expect me to embrace those words when it came to my feelings towards her, but she wasn’t wrong.

“I tell her what I want,” I said with a shrug. “What else can I do?”

“Kiss me?”

I didn’t hesitate to spin around to face her. The rest of the room was a blur; just reduced to a hum and vague moving shapes. Ashley was the only thing I could see. We leaned forward at the same time, our lips connecting again.

I wondered, for a moment, what this looked like. Veronica’s husband. Ashley’s neighbor’s husband. Is that a thing? Can they kiss each other like that? Maybe Lucy and Veronica were in the room with us. Maybe they were just three feet away, their arms crossed as they watched in frustration.

We were kissing. We were making out. We were...kind of a mess. Our wet slobbery mouths smacked against the other’s and little moans and grunts were being sprinkled in for good measure. We might have been making a scene, but neither of us seemed bothered enough to take a look around and find out.

I felt everything hit me at once. The punch. The pot. The passion. It was an intoxicated lust, and I was barely able to control myself with her in my arms. It was safe to assume that Ashley felt the same way, given the way she was grabbing at me - always trying to pull me even closer when we already pressed together.

“We need to get out of here,” I said to her.

“Why?” she asked.

I didn’t think I’d have to spell it out for her. “Any second now, I think we’re both going to end up in just our diapers. And I don’t know that anyone here wants to see that.”

“I bet they would,” she said with a giggle.

“Okay...maybe they’d like to see that, but they shouldn’t.”

“Let’s go,” she said with a nod.

We had only walked about five feet together when she paused. I turned to her to see why she stopped, only to find that she was squatting a little with her eyes closed.

“Wait,” I said. “Ash, are you…?”

I wondered who, if anyone, would have known what she was doing. Had there been no music, would they have heard it happen?

She had just messed her diaper right there. She had become the party-pooper.

“We really need to go,” I said. I took her hand in mine and we quickly fled her apartment.

Things were getting even fuzzier.

We had just bailed on Ashley’s own party, and I certainly hadn’t been thinking about whether or not Veronica was still there. We stumbled down the hall and down the stairs - it was a miracle that neither of us had fallen on our diapered bottoms - especially Ashley, who was carrying a heavier load than she had been just moments prior.

We loudly whispered half-thoughts to each other as we walked to my apartment.

“Did you really just…”

“I can’t believe I…”

“Is Veronica...? Is...Lucy...?”

“I...stink…”

“You’re...stinky…”

“Hey...you said...if I pooped...then…”

“I’m...trying...I don’t think I can…”

The apartment door was flung open, and I had no recollection of shutting it behind me. We barreled through the apartment as a cluster of limbs wrapped around each other. We didn’t know where we were going or what we’d do when we got there.

I pinned her against the wall, my diaper pressed against hers. She moaned into my ear as her dirty bottom was sandwiched and we began to kiss again.

We wanted more. We wanted everything. But the closer to the bed we got, the more the night’s toll on us could be felt. We were slowing down, and by the time we landed on top of the bed together, we were mostly just looking for comfortable cuddling positions. I always forgot I could be such a sleepy drunk.

I was the big spoon, with Ashley’s messy diaper nestled in my lap.

As best as I could tell, it was the best night of sleep I had ever had.

• Like 9

Friends, this is the last chapter (and epilogues). I want to thank the folks who've read, liked, and commented on this story along the way. I hope that you've enjoyed this story!

If you'd like to see more of my stories, and to help support me in writing new ones, it'd mean a lot to me if you checked out my patreon (https://patreon.com/quietlyhumiliated). Even the lowest tier there will get you new chapters of my next weekly story in advance of everyone else.

Thanks again!

Twenty-Two.

Neither Ashley nor I knew what our world would look like in the morning - but almost immediately after waking up we knew that everything had changed.

“What time did we leave the party?” she asked me, still cuddled against me on the bed.

“I have no idea.”

“That’s me, isn’t it? The...smell?”

“Yeah…”

She sighed. “If we just stay in this bed forever, we don’t have to talk to anyone about this, right?”

“I think so.”

“So we’re agreed then? We just stay here forever?”

“Sounds like a plan to me.”

And for a good ten minutes, that plan was what we stuck to. We didn’t have to say or do anything. We just cuddled on the bed, wondering what sort of destruction had been left in our wake.

As much as we would’ve liked to have stayed forever, we both knew that we needed to see what was outside the bedroom door.

“I’ll go,” I said. “I’ll scout out the living room and see if anyone’s there.”

“Okay. If the coast is clear, let me know and I’m going to make a run back to my apartment. And then...I’m going to shower for 12 hours.”

“Better make it 13,” I teased.

“Shush. Just see who’s out there, please.”

I carefully opened the bedroom door, only to immediately see that both Veronica and Lucy were in the living room, sipping from tea cups. They immediately spotted me poking my head out from the door.

“Is the coast clear?” Ashley asked.

“No...not really.”

“It appears that the babies have finally woken up,” said Veronica.

“Sleep well?” asked Lucy.

I was tempted to just retreat back into the bedroom and close the door.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I stepped out of the bedroom completely and entered the living room. It was hard to gauge the attitudes of the women as they watched me from the couch. There was amusement in their eyes but it was certainly more than that. If I was to guess, a heavy dose of ‘We’re not mad - just disappointed.’

“I...I don’t think I should come out,” Ashley said.

“Ah, right,” Veronica said to Lucy, waving her hand in front of her face. I was blushing for Ashley.

“Maybe we change her first?” Lucy asked. “Then we talk?”

“I’ll take care of this,” Veronica said.

“Are you sure?” asked Lucy. “Because I know you had said that you hadn’t had to change a messy diaper yet.”

They talked about that?

“I mean, if you’re offering,” Veronica said with a shrug.

“I got this,” Lucy said. She stood up and walked right past me into the bedroom, closing the door behind her. I wondered what Ashley’s reaction would have been to seeing Lucy.

Veronica remained seated, though she just stared at me while smiling.

“So,” she finally said. “Did you have a good night?”

“I…” I had no idea how to answer that question. I decided to ask a question of my own: “Is...Lucy mad?”

I took a seat on the loveseat so that I was facing Veronica.

“You can ask her yourself,” she said.

I looked back to the closed bedroom door. “Do you think...Ashley will let Lucy change her?”

“Ashley wouldn’t have the ability to say no to a diaper change. From anyone.”

That sounded right to me. “What about the party?”

We could hear the sound of the shower running from the master bathroom.

“People had a good time,” Veronica said, sipping from her cup.

I had follow-up questions about that, but I wasn’t sure that I wanted the answers just yet. I bit my tongue, waiting for Lucy and Ashley to emerge before I learned more about how disastrous things were now. Veronica seemed fine with that too, as she made no effort to initiate a conversation while we waited. She’d just occasionally grin or shake her head while looking at me.

At last, and quite a while after Lucy had initially gone in to help Ashley, they both emerged. Ashley had lost her juvenile dress and was wearing Veronica’s bathrobe. She sat down next to me, and Lucy went and took a seat next to Ashley.

A tension-filled silence took over the room for a few moments.

Lucy was the first one to speak. “We were in the kitchen last night, Vee and I. Just talking. I had mentioned to her that it seemed that our babies had become something of an...item.”

“Surprising,” Veronica added. “But not entirely unexpected. Neither of you had ever done a remarkable job at hiding your feelings for the other.”

Ashley and I looked at each other and blushed.

“I suggested, teasing, that we leave the kitchen and check in on the babies,” Lucy said.

“And so we did,” Veronica added. I had to admit that the two had an amazing chemistry. “And can you guess what we saw?”

“Was...was it us?” Ashley asked.

Lucy and Veronica nodded at the same time.

“There they were,” said Veronica to Lucy.

“Making out in the middle of the party,” added Lucy as if talking only to Veronica.

“We must’ve missed a really hot conversation,” Veronica said.

“I bet we did,” Lucy replied. “I bet we missed a conversation where they got it in their heads that little Ashley would fill her diaper and then the two would run off.”

“Actually…” I said, wanting to correct them on Ashley’s diaper being planned in advance. Ashley, though, put her hand on my leg to stop me. She was right to - that detail really didn’t matter.

But now I needed to know: “Did anyone see? Were...people talking about it?”

Lucy and Veronica looked at each other. Time seemed to freeze while I waited for an answer.

“It was late,” Veronica said. “And loud. And...I think everyone was feeling a little foggy.”

“I don’t think anybody noticed,” Lucy added. “Or, if they did, they had no idea what they saw.”

Ashley spoke: “But...what about when I messed?”

“You stunk up the apartment for a minute, I won’t lie, Babygirl,” Veronica said, causing Ashley to turn beet-red. “But at worst, they probably thought you had gas. I doubt anyone actually thought that you had done a terrible poo in your pants.”

“And who could’ve predicted that you’d sleep in that?” Lucy added.

“What now?” I asked. I wanted to cut through the humiliating recap. I wanted to know where we stood. How much groveling we’d need to do.

“I think we all need to take a step back,” Lucy answered. “We need to decide what we want.”

“I…I know what I want,” Ashley said.

All eyes were on her.

“I want to be with you,” she said to Veronica. My heart felt like it was starting to break in half. But just before it could completely crumble apart, she turned to me and added: “And I want to be with you too.”

“I’d like to figure out how to make that work,” Veronica said with a nod.

“Me too,” I added.

We all looked to Lucy now. As stoic and resilient as ever, she just smiled.

“I like you, Baby,” she said to me, “I liked being your Mommy. But...I think I ended up wanting more, and I’m not sure you’ve been willing to give the same back.”

“I’m sorry… I was kind of selfish, I guess.”

“Oh, don’t be,” she replied. “I gave you all my best Mommy energy. What was I expecting to happen?”

“So,” I said, my chest heavy with guilt, “does this mean that…” I couldn’t even finish that sentence. I wanted to ask if we were breaking up. Were we ever dating?

“It’s been fun,” Lucy said as she stood up. “But...I think I should get going.”

I wanted to stop her. I wanted to ask her to stay. But I had no idea why she would, other than for my own selfish reasons.

“I have a date tonight,” Lucy added as she walked towards the door. “I should get ready for that.”

A date? Already?

“Oh?” Veronica asked. “Did you meet someone at the party?”

“I did,” Lucy said with a grin.

I was feeling sick to my stomach. I wondered at what point she had given up on me and started talking to someone else at the party. Was it after Ashley and I had fled the apartment in a fit of drunken romance? That probably would’ve done it.

“Who?” I asked. “Who did you meet at the party?”

“Yeah,” Ashley asked. “Was it...someone I know?”

“You both know them,” Lucy said.

“Oh, by the way,” Veronica said, turning to me and laughing, “I also have a date tonight.”

It took Ashley and I far too long to connect the dots. Both of us looked puzzled and offended. There we were, just having agreed on the fact that we wanted to figure out how to make something work with all of us and then she wanted to go on a date and…

“Wait!” Ashley was the first to realize what was happening. She pointed to Veronica. “You!” Then she pointed to Lucy: “And you!”

Lucy nodded.

It clicked for me too.

“You too are going out on a date together?”

Veronica laughed. “Are you babies going to be able to behave yourselves tonight while we’re out?”

Ashley was so excited that she was almost out of breath when she responded: “No...I don’t think we’ll behave at all.”

Epilogue.

“You’re not serious, right?” I asked. “Like...you’re joking?”

Veronica shrugged with that amused smile she had when she wanted to keep me guessing.

“Come on,” I pleaded. “That’s insane. That’s...ridiculous! Who would you even call for that? You can’t just, like, call some 14 year old.”

“Lucy knows somebody,” she retorted. “I haven’t met her yet, but Lucy insists that she’s a good choice.”

“Good choice or not,” I said, “what is this person supposed to do anyways? We’re perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves. We are adults. Most of the time.”

“Do you remember what happened last week when Lucy and I went to the shore for the day?”

I had opened my mouth to respond, but no words had come out. She had me there.

“Go on,” she said. “I’m waiting. Why don’t you remind me - and yourself - what happened.”

“Well...me and Ash, we both got…”

“Uh huh,” she said. “Spill it, mister.”

I felt like I was a little boy again - but the truth was that I felt that way more often than I didn’t.

“We both got diaper rashes.”

“That’s right, you did. Pretty bad ones at that too, huh?”

I nodded, my cheeks flaring.

“How long were you in those dirty diapers anyways?”

“Like...a few hours?”

“That’s what I thought,” Veronica said with a confident laugh. “I don’t think you have much of an argument. While Lucy and I are away this weekend, you’ll have a babysitter. But, I have it on good authority that she’s very eager to meet our babies and that she wants to take very good care of you.”

I could continue to protest, but I’d only be pretending to be upset. The thought of a babysitter - a stranger who knew about Ashley and I and actually wanted to treat us like babies - was kind of exciting. Terrifying. But exciting.

“Do you know her name, at least?”

“Rachel? No, that’s not right.” Veronica took out her phone, scrolling through - I assumed - a conversation with Lucy to find the right name. “Ah, here it is. Raquelle.”

My eyes widened and my heart sank a little.

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” Veronica said with a laugh. “Do you know her?”

“We’ve met before…”

“Well won’t that be a delight, then? You two can reconnect.”

I sighed and ran through my hair. My excitement remained, though the feeling of terror had escalated a little.

“Does Ash know?” I asked.

“I doubt it. Did you want to be the one to tell her? Or should I?”

“I can go talk to her.”

“You should probably go up there anyways,” Veronica said. “She’s got a lot to do and she could use the help.” She quickly added: “Not that I think leaving the two of you together is going to get things done any faster.”

I shrugged. “I’ll try and help. No promises, though.”

She smiled and leaned forward, kissing me on the lips. I still hadn’t gotten used to the feeling of kissing Veronica again. I hoped that I never got used to it and it felt new every single time.

Not that long ago she had said she owned me. I supposed she did. There was a piece of myself that’d always be hers, and I’m glad that she was taking care of it again.

With a smack on my padded bottom, she sent me on my way.

Out the door. Down the hall. Up the stairs. Down the other hall. I felt like I knew the path to Ashley’s apartment better than I knew my path to the bathroom of my own apartment.

Actually...when was the last time I used that?

I didn’t have to knock anymore. I just opened the door and helped myself in.

“Hey you,” Ashley said, blushing a little. “Hurry and close the door!”

“If you wore pants - or even a dress - you wouldn’t have to worry about someone in the hallway seeing you prance around in just a diaper and t-shirt,” I said.

“I’m allowed to be as comfortable as I want to be,” she said.

“And are you comfortable in that soggy diaper?”

She blushed. “Is it that obvious?”

“Maybe it just takes a baby to notice.”

She shrugged. Obviously she was in no rush to change. Or to be changed.

“How’s it going in here?” I asked. “Make much progress?”

“I hate moving,” she whined. “I mean...I’m very happy about where I’m moving to. But...I don’t want to do all this damn work.”

“Are you going to miss being my neighbor?” I asked.

“Not really,” she said with a smile. “But I’m looking forward to my new roommates.”

“Oh yeah? Tell me about them.”

Ashley had this look - it would be hard to describe. It was...effervescent? It was like she was dissolving into a cup of hot chocolate. In the best way possible.

She had that look now. She looked blissful as she spoke: “Oh, they’re so nice. There’s this woman, right? She’s very very pretty. And she takes such good care of me. And then there’s this guy…”

“Ooh,” I said. “A guy? Tell me more.”

“He’s...hmm, how do I say it?”

“I’m sure you can find the right word.”

“Like, you know how I’m a baby?”

“Oh, I know all about that,” I said.

“Well he is an even bigger baby.”

“What? No way. That’s not possible.”

“Jaime, I’m telling you, he’s the biggest stinkiest baby I’ve ever met in my entire life.”

We both started laughing before pausing to kiss each other.

“I’m really excited to move in with you guys,” she said.

“We’re overjoyed to have you. Are you going to miss this place?”

“I mean...I never spent much time here anyways,” she said with a laugh. “Besides, it’s going to be in good hands.”

“Speaking of which,” I said. “I heard that Lucy is already packed and ready to move in here. She’s basically just waiting on you.”

Ashley giggled and shook her head. “Is that true?”

I shrugged. “That’s what Veronica said. But she might just be saying that to motivate you to pack faster.”

“Ugh. Well tell Mom that I’ll be done when I’m done.”

“I’m not a carrier pigeon.”

“I’m excited,” she said, wrapping her hands around my waist to pull me closer to her.

“Yeah?”

“Living with you and Vee. Lucy being just upstairs. It kind of feels like...a family?”

I nodded. “It does, doesn’t it?”

“So did you come up here to help me pack? Or did you want to fuck me in my diaper?”

“I can do both, can’t I?”

“Which do you want to do first?” she asked.

“Oh, I don’t know…”

We both laughed again.

I’d get around to talking about Raquele, just as we’d get around to eventually packing up her apartment. There were more pressing matters to attend to now.

Epilogue 2.

Who is this guy?”

Lucy and I had just run a few errands and were coming back to the apartment building. While checking our mailboxes, she spotted a young man exiting the elevator. His babyface was, admittedly, quite fetching.

“You ought to take a picture,” I said to her.

Lucy rarely blushed, and it was charming to see it happen now.

“He’s new here,” I said. “His name is Nico.”

“Do you think we should invite him over for dinner?”

I laughed.

“What? You don’t think we should? It’d be nice.”

“No, I think it’d be very nice,” I said. “You should tell Veronica. She’ll get a real kick out of that.”

• Like 9
  • quietlyhumiliated changed the title to Neighbors [Final Chapter added 2/12/22]

Bravissimo! A rare reading pleasure that was, and what an ending! I suppose all we big babies like a fairy tale happily-ever-after...

It would be lovely to check back in with those characters again sometime, but I suspect I’m just being greedy! Many thanks!

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...