LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tick or mite bites?

My dad and I went to the lake this past weekend, and both of us got eaten alive by what we think are ticks, but I'm not sure. I wish I had a picture, but I don't unfortunately. Both of my feet from my ankles to my toes are covered in little red bumps that itch like crazy. I also have some on my legs on my calves and thighs. I had someone tell me that they are from turkey mites, but I'm not sure. What we did to remove the buggers was lightly scratch them to get them to move, and stick them to clear tape. For a vast majority of them, they were just a little black speck, too small for me to see. Does anyone here have any insight on what they could be, and how to relieve the itch? I've heard apple cider vinegar, but I haven't tried it just yet. I've actually gotten a couple of the bumps bleeding from scratching too hard, but it's hard not to.

10 hours ago, feralfreak said:

are you sure they arent chiggers? have you tried calamine lotion? have you tired something called chiggerex? its for more than just chiggers, ive used it on flea bites too

That's what dad's first thought was too. I don't think I have any calamine lotion, so I may have to make a trip to the store soon. The apple cider vinegar did seem to relieve the itch fairly well, but burned pretty good putting it on.

@id0ntknow

I would also check anything you had on, or that you were wearing to make sure that all of the ticks or mites are GONE:  You don't want any ticks or mites or any other insects hanging around that may be hiding in any clothing or shoes ;)  Ticks can spread disease, so you should be extra careful ;)

Brian

They could be no-see-ums, we have them here in the Midwest. They are tiny black little suckers or should I say biters!  A true nasty creature that their only purpose is to make you ITCH for DAYS.

12 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@id0ntknow

I would also check anything you had on, or that you were wearing to make sure that all of the ticks or mites are GONE:  You don't want any ticks or mites or any other insects hanging around that may be hiding in any clothing or shoes ;)  Ticks can spread disease, so you should be extra careful ;)

Brian

I threw the clothes I was wearing at the lake in the dryer on high for an hour after getting home, and I left the shoes I wore outside in the sun, but I might throw them away since they don't really fit the best anyway.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, happyindprs said:

They could be no-see-ums, we have them here in the Midwest. They are tiny black little suckers or should I say biters!  A true nasty creature that their only purpose is to make you ITCH for DAYS.

we call those "chiggers"

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ticks just latch on, and suck....and can be seen...chiggers burrow, and are harder to get to, irritating as heck.

https://healthnbodytips.org/how-to-get-rid-of-chiggers-bites.html/

Calamine lotion might work....used that as a kid when I got poison ivy/ poison oak rashes, but it might help as it drys the area.... Stinging of the apple cider vinager is good!!! That tells you it us working, I do the same with alcohol on spider bites, sure it stings, but you know it is working to kill what ever is in there bothering you!!! Keep it up!! ????

2 hours ago, square_duck said:

Ticks just latch on, and suck....and can be seen...chiggers burrow, and are harder to get to, irritating as heck.

https://healthnbodytips.org/how-to-get-rid-of-chiggers-bites.html/

Calamine lotion might work....used that as a kid when I got poison ivy/ poison oak rashes, but it might help as it drys the area.... Stinging of the apple cider vinager is good!!! That tells you it us working, I do the same with alcohol on spider bites, sure it stings, but you know it is working to kill what ever is in there bothering you!!! Keep it up!! ????

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep calamine lotion on hand at home, and get some for down at the lake too.