LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the longest time?

What is the longest time you stayed on this website?

like for me more then 6 hours or more probably the more.  

I also believe this website is addicting!

I just find it intoxicating to be here from time to time reading the different forum post.  Though there are some parts I do not visit.

• Like 1

@DiaperboyEddie12

Because I can login to this website and then minimize the window and then lock my screen, I can stay on the site most of the day or for a few days at a time and then just pull up the screen and refresh.  The advantage to doing this is that you do not have to logout and then log back in every time you want to use it. And since I am the only user of my Macintosh, I can get away with that.

I also keep this website in my browser on my portable device. This way I can respond to anything that needs to be responded to, as well as to use my device to look up things that I’m looking for, so I don’t have to go back to the console.  This is very helpful if I am looking for something specific, or I need to read something on the screen while watching something on another screen. I have become very adept at doing many screens at the same time. The only downside, is that after a while your eyes go crazy and they might not work the way you want them to and you start getting blurry eyes itchy eyes etc.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information

Longest time, I'm not really sure, probably 12+ hours between chatting and maintenance.

I'm here most days from 9am until noon or so, and check in every hour or two for the rest of the day.

@DailyDi

When I do maintenance on my websites I have to login as myself, and sometimes also as root.  There have been times when I have been logged in for 30 to 35 days solid straight because of the fact that I am doing updates and maintenance.  Because my website runs very well, I don’t really have to sit logged in as an admin for a long period of time. Once I am done I can log off.

The longest my server has been operational without a restart: 100 consecutive days! I don’t believe that this record has ever been surpassed or broken because most of the time you may have to shut your system down because of weather or other issues. I only login as root if for some reason there is a problem with permission, or if something else needs permission to run that way. Otherwise, The only way I login as root is on my console, and only on my console.

On many occasions I have had to login from work To complete maintenance tasks: it makes it easier when I can do it from either home or away, I have learned that the this is the easiest way to complete maintenance tasks.tasks.I love my server, and because of a lot of positive feedback, I continue to do this so I can learn how to run a Linux server. I have my friends in Florida to thank for that. I cut my teeth on Linux in Tallahassee Florida.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added addition information
18 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

When I do maintenance on my websites I have to login as myself, and sometimes also as root.  There have been times when I have been logged in for 30 to 35 days solid straight because of the fact that I am doing updates and maintenance.  Because my website runs very well, I don’t really have to sit logged in as an admin for a long period of time. Once I am done I can log off.

The longest my server has been operational without a restart: 100 consecutive days! I don’t believe that this record has ever been surpassed or broken because most of the time you may have to shut your system down because of weather or other issues. I only login as root if for some reason there is a problem with permission, or if something else needs permission to run that way. Otherwise, The only way I login as root is on my console, and only on my console.

On many occasions I have had to login from work To complete maintenance tasks: it makes it easier when I can do it from either home or away, I have learned that the this is the easiest way to complete maintenance tasks.tasks.I love my server, and because of a lot of positive feedback, I continue to do this so I can learn how to run a Linux server. I have my friends in Florida to thank for that. I cut my teeth on Linux in Tallahassee Florida.

Brian

Thankfully the server we're on doesn't take much maintenance, and what it needs is mostly automated. Plus there's "server-guy" who is paid to keep things running smoothly :)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Brian

Longest time I believe I meant browsing!  Sorry for the confusion.  

I also keep a few browsers open on my cell phone.  But I do close out chat as I don’t want people sending me pm’s while I’m not there.  New members might do that.

1 hour ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Longest time I believe I meant browsing!  Sorry for the confusion.  

I also keep a few browsers open on my cell phone.  But I do close out chat as I don’t want people sending me pm’s while I’m not there.  New members might do that.

@DiaperboyEddie12

I understand what you meant: I keep my computers on most of the time: this is because I have learned that it is harsh on a machine to keep turning it off or shutting it down and then having to restart it several times a day. It can be bad on your hard drive or your other components. So as much as I can I leave my computer on and available so that if something should be necessary I can quickly log back in and get what I need. When I stated that I keep my browser open, I mean exactly that! I then would minimize it and stay logged into the site: it is a lot faster this way that way you can quickly just refresh where you are and go from there. When I said the same thing about my server, that is a different story however I have been logged in many times but my server has been up at the maximum for 100 solid days. There are other times when we are over that, but it is hard to continually keep your server up 100% of the time because you have to be able to do maintenance as I have stated above. I also keep this site on my iPad, which I am using now and I am dictating this post to the system.

Enjoy your weekend!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Capitalization Edits