LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshore boosters

I have a family vacation coming up at the end of this coming week and into the following as well. I figure with so many more people up north than usual, I may not have a convenient time to change my diapers.  So I ordered a single pack of their medium booster pads to add to my Better Dry diapers.  Well I woke up this morning to a totally soaked diaper and onesie and bed as the booster pad seemed to overwhelm the leak guards and cause the leak.  I am usually soaked pretty much every morning without a booster pad without the leaking issue I had today.  Does anyone have any personal use information on these?

I haven’t had it happen myself, but I have heard this happen to others. The booster pad soaks up the liquid, and expands, pushing the leak guards out so they are no longer making a good seal around your legs. The only thing I can suggest, maybe a pair of plastic pants over your diaper. Or, switch to another diaper, like Mega Max from Northshore Care. You could also wear, plastic training pants over your diaper. They have plastic outer shell, and lined in terry cloth, or plain cotton. But, you would have to wash them, should they indeed stop a leak. 

You need tall leak guards.
Megamax has tall leak guards, and I have used 2 normal boosters without leaking. (Not Northshore boosters)

Long time since I have used Better Dry, so not sure on their leak guards, but I assume they are standard, aka low.

I use boosters with Betterdrys without a problem, but they are not high capacity boosters, so they don't swell enough to cause this problem.  They're very good at extending the capacity of the nappy though, as they get soaked through first, before letting the wet through to the Betterdry.  I'd suggest you try thinner soakers.

I have a solution for you If you ware willing to do a little extra. Make a horizontal cut in the back of the diaper a few inches below the rear waistband big enough for you to slide you hand in. Then slide your booster pad or pads inside the diaper through the slit. Position them where you want. Then seal the cut with a piece of ducktape or clear packing tape. You have effectively made a thicker diaper and the booster pad isn't relying on the leakguards.

I'm able to use the entire diaper more effectively like this. Plus you can use more boosters than possible normally. Also, if you want to go nutz, you can add other stuff like a bunch of cotton balls for bulk, sap powder for pure absorption, or anything else really. Jlube powder may be fun. Pillow stuffing material doesn't absorb moisture but makes things poofy. 

I've had great luck and success with using northshore boosters with Crinklz branded diapers.

On 8/9/2021 at 5:54 AM, AbabeBill said:

I haven’t had it happen myself, but I have heard this happen to others. The booster pad soaks up the liquid, and expands, pushing the leak guards out so they are no longer making a good seal around your legs. The only thing I can suggest, maybe a pair of plastic pants over your diaper. Or, switch to another diaper, like Mega Max from Northshore Care. You could also wear, plastic training pants over your diaper. They have plastic outer shell, and lined in terry cloth, or plain cotton. But, you would have to wash them, should they indeed stop a leak. 

Just like @AbabeBill said the booster can expand and push the leak guards away making you susceptible to leaks. This hasn't happen to me when using crinklz brand as the leak guards are taller. 

• Like 1

@happyindprs

The best thing that you should do is:  I would need to know what size diaper you use:  If you are using the Megamax like me, and wear MEDIUM size, you should use the LARGE boosters.  DO NOT use SMALLER sized ones if you are using megamaxes:  The idea is that you want the diaper to be able to handle whatever you release:  Boosters are designed to ADD absorbancy to the diaper, and you need to make sure you have the right size. 

If you don't have the right size, what's gonna happen is, either you wont have enough length to cover the entire area of the diaper, or you will have a size booster that is so wide that it exceeds the width of the leak guards, and when that happens, whatever you release is going to run out of the leg holes.  BELIEVE me when I say  that diaper size and BOOSTER size makes a hell of a difference.

Here is a link to the northshore site:  https://www.northshorecare.com/booster-size-charts

Use this to determine sizes:  sizes can change, depending on what DIAPER BRAND you use, and for the megamax, all sizes recommend the LARGE booster:  @AbabeBill is correct:  Boosters are supposed to absorb what you release, and EXPAND, so whatever booster you use will have to be set up so that it is contained within it.

In my case, I keep getting the WRONG size boosters, and one order was XL Boosters, which were TOO BIG, and then one was Medium Boosters, which would NOT give me the right coverage in the front and rear of the diaper.  Hopefully, @NorthShoreAdam can assist my supplier if I keep getting CSR's that are telling the supplier that the MEGAMAX needs MEDIUM boosters, when it is shown that I need the Large ones, which I have a LOT of, but I can't seem to get the LARGE ones sent, and I also need to return the stuff that was sent in error - They keep squawking about me paying the RETURN shipping, and I need that corrected.

Brian

• Like 1