LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Groceries be crazy

15 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Only certain products are affected by the recent "inflation" and even then the price varies based on where you buy stuff.  In my opinion, the concept of price inflation is bs.  Production ability/capacity in most post-industrial countries is consistent unless something drastic happens and even then there's rarely if ever any permanent setbacks.  With the exception of disasters such as hurricanes, Covid-19, etc, prices are generally only set in a way to influence consumer spending in certain ways.  This is probably the biggest issue with capitalist societies and why such societies are often very unstable. 

I'd agree that government spending, at least at the current rate doesn't help the situation.

I think inflation is affecting prices for a large majority of commodities. The economic recovery of the US has been stunted by government spending. If the two most recent covid bills were not passed, the economy would be more recovered that it is currently. Without those spending bills, unemployment would fall as stimulus checks dry up which creates an incentive to continue working. As a result of declining unemployment, prices of commodities would return to near normal levels due to a typical labor supply. 
my argument stands that price inflation is mostly a result of federal spending. The money supply has been artificially raised and thus the supply of US dollars far exceeds healthy ranges. More and more people are returning to work, I just don’t see a labor shortage as a complete explanation for the current climate.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2021 at 1:25 PM, id0ntknow said:

A co-worker told me that he's seen the plant-based "meats" not only super low priced, but also buy 1 get 1 free. I'll take actual meat any day of the week thank you.

That stuff is disgusting. If you want meat, EAT meat -- NOT that crap. That's the direction the lefties want us to take for some stupid fake reason -- like trying to save the planet (from what???)!!!

2 hours ago, Joep said:

I think inflation is affecting prices for a large majority of commodities. The economic recovery of the US has been stunted by government spending. If the two most recent covid bills were not passed, the economy would be more recovered that it is currently. Without those spending bills, unemployment would fall as stimulus checks dry up which creates an incentive to continue working. As a result of declining unemployment, prices of commodities would return to near normal levels due to a typical labor supply. 
my argument stands that price inflation is mostly a result of federal spending. The money supply has been artificially raised and thus the supply of US dollars far exceeds healthy ranges. More and more people are returning to work, I just don’t see a labor shortage as a complete explanation for the current climate.

Well said! Point the finger at those communist bastards where it belongs!

• Like 2
On 8/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

One thing I don't get is:  If they want people to eat healthier, and they want people to eat right, they should make it EASIER to get what you need to be able to have a better diet.  Case in point:  Whenever my benefits go up, lets say $30 for example, my MEDICARE goes up about $22, so you can't seem to get the heck ahead of anything.  I've been on benefits since i was 17 years old, and the ironic thing is, the system does not seem to want to improve:  They TAKE $2 for every dollar you make, and what makes no sense is that I am still receiving UNDER $1,000 a month, because they don't seem to want to raise benefits more than .002% per raise period, which means that it would probably be at that level when YOU are 64, and I am almost 70!

How does this government think we are supposed to live on benefits that are based on calculations that are not based on the Consumer Price Index?  If we get ONE DOLLAR more than we are supposed to get, they TAKE it away - They want you to succeed, but they give you JUST enough to scrape by and eek out a life, and every year, I have changes to expenses, but NOT to the income side.

If you have to only get 2/3 of your grocery list, and it costs you over $300 to do that, it tells me that costs are rising more than the income is, and that the system needs to take better care of us:  I think that when I was younger, my grandparents (mom's side) would spend at LEAST $400 on groceries, and they could get a LOT for that amount of money:  Nowadays, it seems like $300 = $100, and so in order to get what you would need, you would have to have $700 to get that.

I feel for you BOTH:  times are hard, and I think that costs rising require measures to make sure we can eat right and healthier :(

Brian

The government is not your friend nor your savior. They want to keep you dependent on them and to keep begging for your slice. That way they can seem to be needed and wanted when they're nothing but vampires willing to suck the blood out of you.

If the government shows up at your front door, you have two choices: shoot or run. I prefer the first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ppdude said:

The government is not your friend nor your savior. They want to keep you dependent on them and to keep begging for your slice. That way they can seem to be needed and wanted when they're nothing but vampires willing to suck the blood out of you.

If the government shows up at your front door, you have two choices: shoot or run. I prefer the first.

they also try to slip nonsense into bills, like one they are trying to do against the 2nd amendment, already asked members of my state legislature to pass legislation barring any anti gun bills from being enforced in my state, no stimulus is worth losing rights.

Most of what I buy is nice and cheap.. Cup of Noodles, Ramen, Canned soup (ok, thats a little pricey at about 2.19 a can), Nikko Nikko Rice, Tuna, Bread, Frozen Burritos, occasionally I'' splurge on some Marie Calendars Lasagna (Meal for 2 at about 6.50 on sale) or some Gortons Popcorn Shrimp (Have some in the freezer). If I plan on buying Meats its to make a soup or chili, something that'll last a few days. And If I don't feel like preparing something I generally order mexican or Jack-in-the-Box from Door Dash.

On 8/3/2021 at 2:47 PM, ppdude said:

Unless your me and you want them to inflict hyperinflation on themselfs so the federal government becomes illegitimate. No one is telling you that the federal government is in reserve mode since the debt limit has been reached. Oct 1 is when the fed reserve must choose between paying SSI or paying .25% interest on $28 trillion. If they choose SSi, default happens which will cause anyone with any debt to default and the US dollar to be worthless(hyperinflation)

I win in that case. The us public gets punished, the government and military gets punished, buissnesses get royally punished and the nonsense news finally goes silent.

Im sorry folks. I just dont agree at all on how the government is running the economy. They need to stay out of it and let the self correcting mechanisms happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least the US can get groceries :P

The UK government royally effed up the supply chain and my diddly-little itty-bitty town has had very little to no groceries for the past 10 days >.<

Fortunately, we stocked up with a lot of long-shelf-life food after the last time the shops completely ran out of groceries here!

I do miss my night-time baba though >.<

3 hours ago, abrera said:

At least the US can get groceries :P

The UK government royally effed up the supply chain and my diddly-little itty-bitty town has had very little to no groceries for the past 10 days >.<

Fortunately, we stocked up with a lot of long-shelf-life food after the last time the shops completely ran out of groceries here!

I do miss my night-time baba though >.<

For now... the cost of food has risen a lot... almost to a point of some low incomes earners now have to pick between rent being short or buying a month's worth of groceries that have gone up on average around 25%. Milk, Meat, Fresh Produce, and Bread has all seen huge increases. It doesn't bother me as much cause an extra $50 to $75 I hardly notice but some of my other friends thats a power bill or gas for the next 2 weeks... I assume at this rate we will start seeing starvation at a higher rate.

5 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

For now... the cost of food has risen a lot... almost to a point of some low incomes earners now have to pick between rent being short or buying a month's worth of groceries that have gone up on average around 25%. Milk, Meat, Fresh Produce, and Bread has all seen huge increases. It doesn't bother me as much cause an extra $50 to $75 I hardly notice but some of my other friends thats a power bill or gas for the next 2 weeks... I assume at this rate we will start seeing starvation at a higher rate.

Probly dosnt help that the California DWR is intentionally creating food scarcity by denying the farmers from using the river water, instead using well water which is almost dried up. I heard California provides 1/3rd of the total food for the nation? DWR is doing the full lake water release to help some fish and salmon out.

Without water, you can't grow food.

Like I said before, everything that government touches turns to dust.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Probly dosnt help that the California DWR is intentionally creating food scarcity by denying the farmers from using the river water, instead using well water which is almost dried up. I heard California provides 1/3rd of the total food for the nation? DWR is doing the full lake water release to help some fish and salmon out.

Without water, you can't grow food.

Like I said before, everything that government touches turns to dust.

My opinion for anyone with the means to leave California but stays with the BS politics that's destroying the state, you get what your fucking deserve. I feel bad for the folks to poor to leave.

• Thanks 1

Something you might try, in order to save some $$$$, is go in the back of the store, they have day old stuff and "expired" items on steep discount. Usually bread, but other odd ball things as well...... If you dont mind buying such things. I usually get snacks back there for like .50, I just got 2 packs of 2.5 oz jelly belly jelly beans (4th of july edition) for .79¢! But there are dried goods and many other things on mark down. 

Might check it out!! ???

my local grocery store does this, i got 7 boxes of pancake mix cheap, some of them for a buck each, others for .69 cents, a while back the owner put expired store brand chex cereal at .50 cents a box, we bought a LOT of cereal.

• Thanks 1

I did a little shopping the other day, and the soup I get went from $1.59 a can to $1.79 a can or about 18% increase!!!! The oatmeal I bet went from $2.99 to $3.49... Or a .50¢ increase over night!!! Sheesh!!

23 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

2 liters of soda just went up 30 cents a bottle.

30 cents does'nt sound like much on the outside, BUT, when you put that increase in as a percentage..... That REALLY gets your attention!!!! Like posted the increase in the can of soup price from $1.59 to 1.79.... that 20¢.....which "sounds" harmless......but when shown as a percentage increase ( around 18%) THAT gets more peoples attention!!!! 

so when you look at price increases,figure out the percentage instead of the dollar ( or monitary) amount to get a better idea of reality and the truth!!