LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

From DL to diaper dependant – loosing pleasure

I like diapers since I can remember and since I am 17 and had my own car I started to buy and wear them regularly. But not always and with long breaks. However, when I felt to and put my diapers on, it was always a pleasure.

However, in the last two years, my usage has increased a lot and more and more I have developed a diaper dependency. Especially at nights, if I would go to bed without a diaper, I would need to get up 5 times or more to go to the toilet, before I could fall asleep.

Now on more and more days I have to wear diapers, even if I really don’t want to. With this, I see my pleasure for diapers disappearing. There is no more fun in diapers.

Who has gone thru the same changes or similar experiences?

After roughly 2.5 years of 24/7, there’s no doubt that the novelty wears off and eventually, the experience of USING my diaper fades into the background as it becomes the new normal. 

As I eventually reverted to bedwetting, I lost the experience of wetting my diaper in bed because it often happens when I’m asleep and I don’t notice it.

As my capacity to “hold it” during the day declined, there are times when I feel frustrated or threatened by my reliance on my diapers, particularly if I am close to leaking and unable to change as their use is no longer discretionary. 

Eventually, as I age, some kind of medical event will occur which will “out” me as being at best, a semi-continent adult bed wetter and that’s going to be horrendously embarrassing.

And yet I keep wearing them.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, oznl said:

After roughly 2.5 years of 24/7, there’s no doubt that the novelty wears off and eventually, the experience of USING my diaper fades into the background as it becomes the new normal. 

As I eventually reverted to bedwetting, I lost the experience of wetting my diaper in bed because it often happens when I’m asleep and I don’t notice it.

As my capacity to “hold it” during the day declined, there are times when I feel frustrated or threatened by my reliance on my diapers, particularly if I am close to leaking and unable to change as their use is no longer discretionary. 

Eventually, as I age, some kind of medical event will occur which will “out” me as being at best, a semi-continent adult bed wetter and that’s going to be horrendously embarrassing.

And yet I keep wearing them.

Been there, done that. At some point, you won't care anymore. I tell anyone who needs to know that I'm diapered. If someone finds out from a leak, or sees my diaper/plastic pants stash, oh well. The best secret is no secret and letting it all hang out.

Since going full-time in nappies some of the excitement has gone, but at my age that's more positive than negative.  Now I've just got a constant feeling of calm and mental comfort that I always needed before but didn't have.  I good trade I'd say.  And I've never had a moment when I didn't want to be in a nappy any more.  Doubt I ever will.

• Like 1

I find that my relationship with diapers has evolved with time.  They used to represent taboo and excitement. Like others have said those feelings have faded into the background. 

Nowadays they  are a need and a means to an end (keeping me dry).   it’s funny how in a way that makes me appreciate my diaper even more. 

Though what really blows my mind is how relieved I am when I put a diaper back on like after showering or airing out or whatever.  It feels wonderful not having to worry about staying dry.  It’s not laziness…. It’s just that staying dry has become elusive and with diapers I don’t need to worry about it. 

• Like 3