LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Waking to pee, and find you're already wet...

I may have posted this here before, I'm not sure - I visit several diaper-related websites.

So I've been bedwetting for several years now. It started as a few times a year, and became more frequent as the years passed. Now it's to the point where I wet my diapers pretty much every night. Most mornings I just wake up in wet diapers, with no memory of wetting them. But at least a few times  week, the "Urge" to pee wakes me up, and it's usually several hours after I've gone to bed. More often than not, I'll reach down and check my diaper to see if I'm already wet. I can't remember EVER checking, and finding my diaper still dry. I have noticed over the last few years, that my diaper is progressively more wet when I check it after being wakened - At first, it used to be only a little damp, now days, it's always quite wet already.  In any case, I just relieve the "Urge" by letting go in my diapers again, then going back to sleep.

So for those of you who are also bedwetters, do any of you experience this? Waking to wet, and finding you're already wet? I assume it's related to REM sleep patterns and how people go through different levels of sleep during the night. My guess is that I'm in a deeper sleep when I first wet, therefore I don't wake up. I've never been in a monitored sleep study, so I'm not sure.

• Like 1

I can remember something like this happening during my transition to bedwetting that started several months after going 24/7.

I would waken during the night, form the intent to wet myself and then nothing.  Sometime later, I would waken again, recall that I was supposed to wet myself and discover that I already had done so.  I suspect I was so minimally awake that I may have started peeing and fallen back asleep whilst doing it or, having “given the permission” so to speak, fallen back asleep before my body followed through.

These days (after 2.5 years of 24/7), it’s a given that I’m going to experience 2 – 3 small wetting events through the night.  What’s variable is whether I am awake or asleep to experience them.  I too suspect that these days, being in a deeper sleep phase will result in a wet bed (or hopefully just a wet diaper) with no knowledge on my part.

Lighter sleep phases may result in “wet dreams” (the “pee” variety) or waking.

If I don’t wear a nappy to bed, it is likely that I will soak the sheets without meaning to.

I think my "sleep wet" nights are quite common now but there are still quite a few nights where I will waken to use my nappies.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, Diapered Dave said:

But at least a few times  week, the "Urge" to pee wakes me up, and it's usually several hours after I've gone to bed. More often than not, I'll reach down and check my diaper to see if I'm already wet. I can't remember EVER checking, and finding my diaper still dry.

So for those of you who are also bedwetters, do any of you experience this? Waking to wet, and finding you're already wet? I assume it's related to REM sleep patterns and how people go through different levels of sleep during the night. My guess is that I'm in a deeper sleep when I first wet, therefore I don't wake up.

Waking up with the "Urge" to pee when I dont really have to go is one of my biggest irritations. It could be caused by bladder muscle spasms. When I was in the hospital recently I was told as well that I have somewhat lower than normal bladder capacity. I also know Ive lost some control over my bladder sphincter muscle. Funny thing is that I usually dont feel the urge to pee when my bladder empties involuntarilly whether Im awake or asleep. Ive been told 'don't worry, your aging' so I guess its nothing to get too worked up about. Its no wonder adult incontinence products is now big business.

• Like 1

I started wearing 9 months back or so when I sleep. Now if I don’t wear to bed there’s a possibility that I’m gonna wet the bed. I’ve done it a few times without protection and I don’t remember doing it. Last night was a good example. I woke up pretty wet and don’t remember going last night at all. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I have been wearing now for approximately 6 months. There are a few times (Once or Twice per week ) that I will wake up and realize that my diaper is already wet and I don't remember wetting. Most of the time though I still wake up and even though I am still half asleep I will wet the diaper while knowing I am doing it and then in the morning wake up with a full wet diaper. I hope by continually daily using diapers and wetting at bedtime and also on the weekends for naps I can get to the point where I will never wake up while wetting and just wake up in the morning with a wet diaper. This is my goal. 

• 10 months later...

I wet in my sleep most nights and usually sleep right through until morning with recollection of peeing whatsoever. Obviously most nights my need to pee goes un noticed and my bladder just releases. Sometimes I wake in the night with the urge to pee. More often than not I'm already wet. Sometimes I actually wake mid flow and occasionally I am still dry. However I wake I just let it flow and drift back to sleep

Being wet doesn't bother me at all in fact I sleep much sounder when wet.

• 3 months later...

You just described my average night after I actively started training to become a bed wetter.    It tuck a decade.   I realized i achieved my goal when it occurred to me one morning that I stoped doing the morning pee.  Sine I already went throughout the night

• 2 weeks later...