LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Some observations about cloth diapers

I have had a week to myself and have spent most of it in diapers.  Up until yesterday, they were just disposables.  But a contact

has send me a cloth diaper to try and I did.  It was the wrong size for me but I gave it a go.  I have some observations and have been pleasantly surprised.

1.  The diaper is too big and I while I can get the waist tight, I can't get the rest of the diaper to hug my body.  I initially thought this was a deal breaker.  I prefer very tight fitting diapers for the stimulation, obvious reminder of my state of condition, vague feeling of chastity and the helplessness I feel.  But I've found that I'm beginning to like it loose.  The diaper moves when I move, feels wet (a feeling I surprising enjoy), and "clings" a bit.  I could get used to this.

2.  I am more inclined to change more often....I don't have the same...."I've got to get every drop sucking molecule" out of an expensive ABDL diaper.  I also don't feel bad "undressing" when I have to run out or deal with interruptions.

3.  I wet the diaper in bed during a nap (actually 3 time) and it "seemed" to protect me more than the highly absorbent disposables I typically wear.  No leaks out the top were a big plus.

4.  I have wet over 10 diapers this last week and I see the pile of bags I have to dispose of....have to make special run to dump because I can't leave them in our garbage and risk them being found.  I like the concept of just dropping the wet diaper in the wash and having it appear clean and even fluffier.

5.  I've been finding the the loose fit...while not as directly stimulating as a tight disposable....has been reminding me of the feel of my childhood and bed wetting diapers...and it's comforting and stimulating in a different manner..and I like it.  Plus, my very floppy real rubber pants make a great water proof cover.

Overall, I'm impressed....the problem I see, is I can't just wear them during my few "alone" days since I have to figure in the washing cycle...and concern that schedules will change and folks will show up unexpectedly. 

Comments?

I too will spend most of my ‘nappy time’ in disposables, I enjoy how they swell after a number of wettings. 
But last week I was put in one of my cloth nappies and really enjoyed it. It was the first time I’d worn one with the added support of a onesie and it certainly improved the sensation  for me.

The one thing I (And my caretaker G/F) do struggle with is finding the best fold that suits me and my body shape. I’m thinking about investing in some contour cloth nappies to see if that will help.

Ah, yes fold....I don't do anything fancy.....just fold it the way the "old" disposable diapers  used to use...the sort of fan fold.  Hard to describe if you didn't use those.

Another thing.....since the diaper sags....it kind of keeps the wet below the leg seals and so I have been having less issues when standing and sitting.

I've thought about getting a onesie to hold them up....but I'm actually trying to reduce my DL stuff. 

I'm impressed how much one CTDC diaper can hold.  Figure if I did double up and wear overnight I would pretty much be protected.

How many diaper pins did you use?  If you just pinned it around your waist, try using extra pins around your thighs and even higher up in the middle between the waist pins at the top and thigh pins at the bottom.  Even Attends had 6 tape disposable diapers for better fit.  Maybe pull it up as tight as you can between your legs even if the diaper is too long and hangs over in front and back.  Nothing says you have to pin the top two pins at the very top of the diaper!  Pin it around your waist in the middle of the diaper and just tuck the extra inside or let it flop over.

• Like 1

Rusty,

I do use 4 pins...always have.....I can get the waist and legs kind of tight...have to put on laying down then re-pin using mirror. 

The issue is the width to length ratio....waist is not bad.....length is a bit long.  I am going to do what you suggested and fold

length back on itself till I find the right fit then pin back to the front.  Just can't pin through doubled layers.   The diaper is

a great quality....wish I could get more....maybe  next size down.

But I am happy with it.   Will do bedwetting challenge with it tonight and see what happens.

Another satisfied cusomer. Imagine if you had tried one that fits right. Part of being in cloth diapers is that you cannot close your legss well, and they will feel like they are being held spread a bit, which adds to the "helpless" feeling.When you were little, someone else was putting the diaper and rubber panties on you. And it does feel somewhat little girlish, too Also, make sure you use the right size rubber panties or one that has a good range. A Babykins will not accommodate as mayn as a Garoy. The rubber panties are as much a part of being diapered as the diaper itself

I use only one pin

I'm in cloth most of the time.  I'm only in disposables (1) when I can't get the washing done discreetly, which is generally just when we're staying away somewhere, and (2) when I'm on a long hike, when I wear a pull-up (actually 2 pullups usually).  My daytime cloth nappies are pretty close-fitting, with big velcro panels to close and good elastic round the legs.  They don't bulge any more than a wet disposable.  At night I'm in a terry nappy (4ft square, in a Chinese fold - I've a 34-inch waist).  This is fastened with a Snappi at the waist and a pin at each leg, and I add a cloth soaker.  This doesn't leak, and again is pretty close-fitting.  It will get a bit saggy if it's very wet and I'm walking around in the morning before changing, but not in bed.

So, to your points:

1.  I like my nappies close-fitting rather than baggy, as it reduces the risk of leaks, and has the side-effect of discouraging erections (which I leave for Mummy to deal with when she sees fit).

2.  I don't change more often in cloth: I usually get through 3 nappies daily, 2 in the daytime and 1 at night.

3.  Yeah, leaks lying down are much less likely in a cloth nappy, particularly if it fits well with no gaps anywhere.

4.  Cloth nappies generate no plastic landfill, so are much better for the environment, so we can feel smug.

5.  Wearing cloth nappies feels more babyish to me, as I was a baby back in the day before there were disposables.  I love that.

6.  I love wearing plastic pants too - they add a lot to the baby experience.