LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ice Ice Baby

It's a good day in Mikeyville! Our service people had a cancellation so they came today instead of July 8th and got my a/c working. It needed refrigerant and a good cleaning. Cost $137 which hurts this late in the month, but I'll suffer with less food money for cold air!

Got a small chest freezer for $27 a month for 5 months, so we have ice and can keep meats and such better.

Last thing we need is someone to fix the oven, but that's not in the budget this month.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

You could have just put ice cubes in your diapee.

I was getting close to that! was 82 inside when the guy came.

• Like 2

The nasty bit about fixing ovens, is that ovens are never clean to work on.

Otherwise, fixing a duff element is not difficult.

• Haha 1

What's wrong with the oven?  I fixed parts of my Jeep, oven, our Maytag refrigerator and Whirlpool dryer by going to Youtube and watching the Appliance Repair video's.  All I do is Google my problem with my make of appliance.  Maytag (model number) Freezer cools, refrigerator doesn't.  I get all kinds of tips as to what it can be.  In the case of the dryer, the heating element burned out, I ordered a new one for $24 and the Youtube video showed me how to replace it.  For the stove I bought a new heating element, took the side panel off and replaced the old broken element.  For the refrigerator, I watched the Youtube video on how to access the circuit board and replace it.  It took me about 30 minutes and I had to take some parts off to get to the circuit board but it works fine now.  The thing is, the part for the refrigerator is no longer made so I did a google search using the part number.  You can even find that by searching Google with the model number of your appliance (which can be found on the appliance itself - do another Google search to find out how to look for it).  Get this.  I found some discount parts places that had the part for about $90.  I then checked EBAY and found it brand new old stock for $15 free shipping.  So, it cost me $2 to fix the cruise control on my Grand Cherokee (vacuum hose), $24 to fix my dryer and $15 to fix my 25 cubic foot Maytag refrigerator/freezer!  If you have a little time to spare, look around the internet for your oven issue by Googling the model and symptoms and you may be able to buy the part at a discount appliance store via the internet or EBAY, find a Youtube 'how to' video and save a lot of labor and a service call by fixing it yourself.

The oven won't light. Probably an easy fix, but I don't like to mess with gas appliances myself.

1 hour ago, Wet Knight said:

The nasty bit about fixing ovens, is that ovens are never clean to work on.

Otherwise, fixing a duff element is not difficult.

Ours is actually pretty clean, we're careful about putting foil down if something might spill out.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Got a small chest freezer for $27 a month for 5 months, so we have ice and can keep meats and such better.

Is the 5 month thing an amazon thing? It has allowed me to have some nice things in which I could never be able to afford up front, computer parts and recently a new camera.

22 hours ago, DailyDi said:

The oven won't light. Probably an easy fix, but I don't like to mess with gas appliances myself.

Ah!  Gas oven.  We've only had electric oven's all my life.  Yeah, it could be anything but I don't blame you for not messing with gas.  With an electric stove, you might blow the circuit breaker.  With gas stove you might blow your house up!