LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thoughts on Double diapering

I recenetly came up with an idea to double diaper myself with a stuffer in the first one, I know that I would be required to have a bigger size diaper to place ontop of the first one with a stuffer, but would they both have to be the same ones or can they be a mix and match in terms of design or look for example having a Crinklz placed over a rearz or tykables ones.

Any thoughs whether this would be possible and what diapers would you recommend to do it with a tykables dubbler stuffer.

• twitch changed the title to Thoughts on Double diapering

I tried this with Alpha Clin Premium and it was amazing! But it might be down to technique. I wet, wore the soaked diaper for about six hours and then put another diaper over that. I found being double diapered in this way made me feel very babyish because, while the first diaper takes away  control over where one goes to the toilet, the second, if appropriately positioned, constantly pushes on one's bladder and one totally loses control over WHEN one goes to the toilet. For the one and a half year old in me, its absolute Heaven.

I've only ever done this with a size 6 or 7 kid-diaper inside of an ABDL or medical diaper. I used to use Pampers or Cuties as boosters, essentially, in crappy store-bought medical diapers, because the combination was slim but it gave me a pretty good cruising range - it's amazing to me what, say, a Swaddlers size 7 will hold - as much as a Depends. However since I've up-sized my wardrobe and bought onesies, I pretty much always wear "real" ABDL diapers now, and the range I get out of them is good enough that I don't need a stuffer, because what I'm up against isn't the absolute capacity of the diaper, but rather, how much it swells up - I always reach a point where I would look like I had a dead raccoon stuffed down my pants if I didn't change, which isn't going to work if I'm around anyone. Overnight I can wear whatever I want, but I don't wet enough when I'm sleeping to need the extra capacity. 

My technique was to lightly perforate the cover of the kid-sized diaper by nicking it in a few places with a craft knife, and then I just put it in the bigger diaper, and as it reached capacity, it starts to weep. However I would offer one caveat, which is that you want to field-test the combination before you wear it out for a day, because while the combo will hold quite a bit more fluid, strange things can happen, like sluicing of fluid to outlying suburbs of your diaper. I had a combo on like that one time while on a long drive, and the outer diaper started getting pretty wet right up at the top at the back, an area that is almost always dry, unless I'm lying flat on my back. 

I once, back in the mid '90s, took a large baby diaper and put it in a small Attends, which was in a medium Attends, which was in a large Attends. Some packing tape and voila a massive diaper. I could barely walk before wetting it.

You can use whatever diapers you want.

Before I started buying premium diapers for my infrequent out of town shopping trips at Christmas, I would double diaper with store brands like Prevail, Attends, McKesson, ones that are thinner and good for about 3 to 4 hours.  The double diapers would probably end up about as thick as one Abena, maybe L3, and when the first one was soaked, I just slid the outer diaper down, removed the wet inner diaper and then I already had a dry fresh diaper on to carry me the rest of the shopping trip.  That way I didn't have to try and carry a fresh diaper into a store restroom when needing to change.  A few times I did the slits in the inner diaper to soak through to the outer diaper, topping everything off with plastic pants to last the whole time.  Overall it was about as bulky as one premium diaper and I did it strictly for convenience.  I couldn't imagine a booster and double diapering with thick premium diapers!  Yeah, I could just see you trying to walk!  I'm sure the idea is to wear a super thick bulky waddling diaper for fun and not for practicability.  Me, I don't like my diapers super thick and bulky, but I'm DL and not AB either.  One Betterdry is about my limit on thickness and bulk.  

@rusty pins

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Before I started buying premium diapers for my infrequent out of town shopping trips at Christmas, I would double diaper with store brands like Prevail, Attends, McKesson, ones that are thinner and good for about 3 to 4 hours.  The double diapers would probably end up about as thick as one Abena, maybe L3, and when the first one was soaked, I just slid the outer diaper down, removed the wet inner diaper and then I already had a dry fresh diaper on to carry me the rest of the shopping trip.  That way I didn't have to try and carry a fresh diaper into a store restroom when needing to change.  A few times I did the slits in the inner diaper to soak through to the outer diaper, topping everything off with plastic pants to last the whole time.  Overall it was about as bulky as one premium diaper and I did it strictly for convenience.  I couldn't imagine a booster and double diapering with thick premium diapers!  Yeah, I could just see you trying to walk!  I'm sure the idea is to wear a super thick bulky waddling diaper for fun and not for practicability.  Me, I don't like my diapers super thick and bulky, but I'm DL and not AB either.  One Betterdry is about my limit on thickness and bulk.  

I can't imagine double diapering yourself, unless you are gonna rip the diaper that is underneath the top one.  For One, the idea of double diapering without doing that, would be a WASTE, as you are WEARING 2 diapers, but only USING one of them.  I have tried to double diaper, and I note that the only thing that happens, is that you have EXTREME BULK between your legs, and you waddle like a toddler, and if that is what you are going for, that is AWESOME, and I am NOT saying this is bad at all, but I have found that all you are doing is adding bulk, and in the end, you are just gonna change one of the two diapers.  This seems silly.

Two, there is a way to get the BULK of multiple diapers using just ONE diaper:  YES:  ONE Diaper:  How do you do this:  This is easy, and for this, you would use a QUALITY plastic backed diaper, such as a Megamax, and a package of Northshore boosters (I use Large ones in medium diapers, as NSC advised me this is advisable, because you want your boosters to be bigger than your diaper size.)  What you do is, you prep the diaper, deploy the leak guards, (Fluff the diaper out) then you take 2-3 Megamax Large Booster pads, and you line your diaper with them, one on top of the other.  I PROMISE you, that you are a'gonna have a HUGE bulky diaper when you get done, and with all those boosters in there, you're gonna be waddling like a DUCK:  This way, you ONLY use ONE diaper, and with the BOOSTERS, it can FEEL like, as well as LOOK like you are double diapered:  as Rusty says, diapers are expensive:  if you are using premium diapers, you should have NO REASON to have to double up - If you are using the cheap stuff, then you may have to do that, but my best advice is: Save the diapers, and if you have GOOD ones, designed to be used by people who are incontinent, then just add the boosters, to make the diapers more absorbent:  I use 2 or 3 in mine, if I want to go a whole day, and I can tell you, that at the end of the day, the BOOSTERS are what make sure i am dry: and If I have to POOP: The diaper holds the release, and if you are having a messy release, the megas will absorb that, so it won't be as bad.

@twitch

The idea of double diapering probably started because, when we were babies, our parents wanted us to be able to be dry and comfy when we were playing or moving around.  This probably was the case, because some kids will PEE/POOP, and the diaper, the clothing, and the bed, as well as anything they were sitting on or IN:  Double Diapering was a way to give the baby protection from wetness, and I have seen and heard of kids that will pee or poop, and they will soak through one diaper, so mom's usually would "double up" the diapers, so that babies would have some protection. 

You also have to realize that babies and Children have smaller bladders, and as such, when they release, the VOLUME is a heck of a lot less than an adult of 20 or 30 years of age.  Parents would also throw trainers on their kids, so that the kid would be protected IF they have an accident.  I myself have worn training pants as protection, and I think I was still wearing them at 3 or 4, and my brother Richard was wearing diapers anyway, so mom would set us up to be comfy and protected.  Baby Diapers have smaller capacities, so doubling up made sense: with ADULT briefs/diapers/nappies, doubling up is simply a waste, unless you are using the "rip and cut method" on one of the two diapers.

Just my thoughts :)

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information and handles
  • Like 1

I have to say that I dissagree with you on  the bulkyness makes you waddle like a toddler.Wel I wear a cloth diaper and two little  for big and it dont make me waddel.Blast me if you want but this is what I wear all the time.The second disposabl I wear for the next change.

• Like 1