LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who wore diapers long-term (4+) as a kid?

I was probably out of diapers at night by fall of 1964 and back then disposable diapers were all but unheard of.  Wasn't until later that decade Pampers started to be advertised on TV.  I think parents only used disposable diapers in the early 1960's if they were going to travel with a baby or toddler and from what I understand, disposable diapers were really poor quality back then.  Yup, when I was a young kid it was cloth diapers and plastic pants, the same as other kids my age who wet the bed or still wore diapers as an older kid.

I was in diapers full time until I was over 4 years old. Then I was in night time diapers until I was around 10 years old for bedwetting.

I was daytime potty trained right after I turned 2 but still wore cloth diapers at bedtime. Eventually I started having daytime accidents again. My mom ended up getting some Pampers for me and I continued wearing them day and night till age 7.

I've known since childhood that of me and my siblings, I was the hardest to get potty trained.  And in discussions with Mom once a medical issue hit, that I was still in diapers on my 4th birthday.  I was out by my fifth birthday, but don't remember the process or timing....

The "baby book" which allowed parents to note development during the first 5 years of life, had a place for potty training under 2 years of age, which my parents left blank.

I was at partially toilet trained during the day by age 3 or so, but I frequently wore diapers during the day because our trailer lacked in door plumbing and the central building with the toilets was some distance away.  I wore diapers at night until I was 10 years old.  After that, my reduced bladder capacity meant that I frequently wore diapers anytime I couldn’t be assured of getting to a toilet within an hour or so.  I was still wearing diapers until I was around 15 years old on vacation car trips.  They were supposed to be “just in case”, but I have vivid memories of some notable accidents.

I was in diapers up until I was almost 6, I really wanted to go to school, but the rules back in the late 70's was you had to be potty trained so I had to learn to use the toilet.