LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The [[Witch]] - Chapter 25 (09/05/22)

20 hours ago, Moon3ye said:

Who is this and how does she know witch?

Now this is not Amelia who is somehow captured?

Or is that also an abductee from the witch's dimension?

9 hours ago, YourFNF said:

I think this one

The solitary little captive in a nursery has been a bit of a small plot point for a few chapters now. It is time for that to pay dividends.

I won't explicitly say anything because I think putting 2 and 2 together is more fun.

So as to avoid outright saying anything, I will leave you with a hint.

The answers to the questions you seek may be found with CTRL+F.

The next chapter will spell it all out.

However, the first person to put together the entirety of the big reveal with the small nuggets I've slipped into the story thus far (before I spill the beans) will have my undying kudos and forever in my eyes be a winner.

I eagerly await to see who, if anyone, gets it first.

7 hours ago, Guilend said:

I can’t wait to see where this goes from here. I’m excited. 

Thank you! I am excited as well.

11 hours ago, ImprobableLemon said:

The next chapter will spell it all out.

I'm like 90% sure I wat someone she was bonded to in past life.... Like didn't it mention someone that reincarnates with her? I think that's why she got pulled here....

34 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

I'm like 90% sure I wat someone she was bonded to in past life.... Like didn't it mention someone that reincarnates with her? I think that's why she got pulled here....

You're on the right track. Just slightly off course.

Lumina, the elf promised to reincarnate and asked to be found again. However she can only reincarnate in the other world, as an Elf. And she was never sought out.

I'll give another slight hint: Her name appears just twice, one of which in chapter 8.5.

6 minutes ago, ImprobableLemon said:

You're on the right track. Just slightly off course.

Lumina, the elf promised to reincarnate and asked to be found again. However she can only reincarnate in the other world, as an Elf. And she was never sought out.

I'll give another slight hint: Her name appears just twice, one of which in chapter 8.5.

I found it. Elizabeth the person who called Witch a good friend during her execution in the first chapter and whose time together was far too short. Maybe not only Witch was teleported to DD but many others.

Can I have a cookie for that?

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Moon3ye said:

I found it. Elizabeth the person who called Witch a good friend during her execution in the first chapter and whose time together was far too short. Maybe not only Witch was teleported to DD but many others.

Can I have a cookie for that?

Winner, winner!
For the other half of the mystery, who is keeping her captive?

An unassuming conversation prior to chapter 8.5 between characters hints to this.

2 minutes ago, ImprobableLemon said:

Winner, winner!
For the other half of the mystery, who is keeping her captive?

An unassuming conversation prior to chapter 8.5 between characters hints to this.

Probably the guy who owns the shop/building that has the high power consumption and is believed to be using illegal teleportation technology because of which the witch is in DD.

6 minutes ago, Moon3ye said:

Probably the guy who owns the shop/building that has the high power consumption and is believed to be using illegal teleportation technology because of which the witch is in DD.

A good assumption, but to be the true winner I need to see the conversation that backs this up.

If you believe yourself correct, CTRL+F may be of help.

4 minutes ago, ImprobableLemon said:

A good assumption, but to be the true winner I need to see the conversation that backs this up.

If you believe yourself correct, CTRL+F may be of help.

“The most powerful and influential Amazon on the island. Descendant of Elmsbury’s founder, political powerhouse, and property mogul. John Eroldt.”

6 minutes ago, Moon3ye said:

“The most powerful and influential Amazon on the island. Descendant of Elmsbury’s founder, political powerhouse, and property mogul. John Eroldt.”

The name is a bit familiar, maybe it appears elsewhere.
If you get the quote in the next attempt there will be a slight and real prize.

15 minutes ago, ImprobableLemon said:

The name is a bit familiar, maybe it appears elsewhere.
If you get the quote in the next attempt there will be a slight and real prize.

I don't have a first name, but it is Mr. Eroldt, Mrs. Eroldt's husband, who talked to Gale at the event about having a Little to present soon, but it is not ready yet.

By the way, I know now that Elizabeth has already appeared in chapters 4 and 7, but it could easily be overlooked.

• Thanks 1

OK, another party I joined late.  I was skeptical when you posted the first chapter weeks ago, because I'm generally not much for magic in a story, as it usually just serves as a pretense to self-justify plot movements that have no explanation.  

But I was wrong to make such a snap judgment.  You've really, really done a great job, via scene-cuts between past and present, of building out [[Witch]] as a very three-dimensional, relatable being, part Connor MacLeod, part Bruce Banner, part Billy Maximoff.  

I'm impressed, intrigued, and can hardly wait to read more.  :) 

• Like 2
On 7/13/2021 at 10:25 AM, WBDaddy said:

OK, another party I joined late.  I was skeptical when you posted the first chapter weeks ago, because I'm generally not much for magic in a story, as it usually just serves as a pretense to self-justify plot movements that have no explanation.  

But I was wrong to make such a snap judgment.  You've really, really done a great job, via scene-cuts between past and present, of building out [[Witch]] as a very three-dimensional, relatable being, part Connor MacLeod, part Bruce Banner, part Billy Maximoff.  

I'm impressed, intrigued, and can hardly wait to read more.  :) 

That means a lot, you praise me too much. I'm a big fan of your stories! (Ornaments is probably my favorite)

I'm glad people are finding [[Witch]] relatable. I think the one thing that most everyone can relate to is feeling alone.

I hope you and everyone else continues to enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Next chapter drops next Wednesday. Unless I get too excited and drop it early...

Thomas’ parents were captured and adopted early in his life.

However, his sister was able to build a niche for them with her athletic accomplishments from middle school and into high school. Life wasn’t perfect for the two.

But it was as good as they could hope for.

Pride of the town, she was safe from adoption. And by proxy he was as well.

At least.

They thought.

Laura, his sister, was walking home from a scholarship tournament that could rocket her and her brother to an easy life. With one match remaining the two littles were, for once, excited about the future.

But she never returned home.

It wouldn’t be for another few months that Thomas learned of his sisters’ fate.

She’d been grabbed right off the street. She was gone.

Thomas vowed right then and there.

He would get her back.

He would do anything.

Anything.

~~~

The moment the name ‘John Eroldt’ graces Thomas’ ears, his face darkens and his phone creaks under his tightening grip.

“That rat bastard.”

“What? Did you say something?”

“No. Nothing. I will take it from here. Tell everyone they have done well and drinks are on me this weekend.”

“Aw hell yeah. Thanks, si- Thomas!”

He hangs up the phone and pulls himself into a sitting position. He pulls open his phone’s contacts and scrolls to John Eroldt. Mentally and physically steeling himself, he calls the number.

The phone rings for a while, but just before going to voicemail the call is answered.

“Hey champ, been a while since you last called me unprovoked. What pleasure do I owe this call? Need someone to tuck you in?”

Thomas lowers his voice. The glass separating him from the driver is up. Regardless, he takes precautions to prevent this conversation from being heard.

“Cut the shit John, I know you are operating illegal portals under a clothing store. What the fuck are you thinking?”

“Ooooh that? Just a little side gig, nothing to be so grumpy about. The wife wanted something special and who am I to deny her when it can also make me a buck or two.”

“Listen asshole, you are making a big mistake. Blatantly disregarding laws that have no business being trifled with. And a byproduct of your little portal opening escapades beat me half to death and escaped into the city.”

“I’m making a mistake? Listen, Tommy. I know you’re just a dumb little boy but try to use that head of yours for a minute. Try to remember that for all intents and purposes, I currently own you. Our relationship is simple, I give the orders and you obey like a good child. I tell you to bark and you damn well better bark. I tell you to jump, you ask how high and long before leaping to perfection.”

“You…”

The start of a condemnation blooms forth from Thomas’ lips. The word choked and angry. But John gives the little no room to enter.

“Sure, you’re an angry little tyke right now and maybe you want out of our deal because you got your head kicked around and aren’t thinking. That’s cool with me. Why don’t I just sell your ‘older’ sister to the highest bidder, how does that sound? Plenty of depraved Amazons out there who would love to get their hands on that cutie, and you’d never find her again. What do ya say, sport? Ready to cut the dead weight loose and move on with your life? I’d do the same.”

Thomas’ face is flushed with anger. His free hand digging into the back seat of the car. A drop of blood drips from his lip as he bites down hard to prevent himself from misspeaking.

A moment later and he’s managed to regain control over himself. The volume of his voice ratches up slightly, still quiet enough to conceal the conversation from the driver.

“The deal… Is still on. You get five breaks and then I get Laura back. Unharmed and as herself. This ‘stunt’ is break number four, John. Opening portals to unapproved locations and in unregistered facilities is illegal.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever kiddo. Give me the rundown, how’d you find out and what does my venture have to do with you getting a boo-boo?”

“Nearly a week ago, a secretive little in a cloak appeared in a field just out of town. She showed signs of having technology beyond our understanding. While tracking her down we checked with the power company to see where a portal could have been opened. It took a day or two of pestering and your building eventually came up.”

“Interesting… They cowered before your men far too quickly. I’ll have a chat with them later. Continue.”

“We caught up with the little tonight. Things went south, we dump countless rounds into her, and she pops right up and goes to town on me. She then fled into the city.”

There was no way Thomas was going to give John the satisfaction of knowing that his team’s screwup was what led to the meetup going sour.

“Huh, kind of sad I missed out on that. If you happen to have any video footage of that, let me know. Would love to see it.”

“Jackass. What can you tell me about the location of the portal you opened?”

“Hm hm hm… I’ll try to explain it in a way easy for you to understand. Mrs. Eroldt wanted a special little. A unique little. Anyone can grab a little off the street. Anyone can hire a portal agency to nab a little from a pre-approved dimension. So, I hired a team of scientists to think bigger. We’ve broken through to another dimension, and a unique one at that. There we found a collection of inter-connected worlds, almost self-contained in bubbles of sorts. After trying to access some of these worlds, we found one we could connect to.”

“What… What have you done…?”

“Revolutionized the portal industry, no biggie. Anyway, the world we were able to connect to was kind of like that ‘Earth’ dimension we commonly grab littles from, but a lot less developed.  They swing swords, pray to ‘gods’, and believe in magic or whatever. Bunch of simpletons. Huge variety of littles to grab though, it’s perfect. With a little more testing we’re going to make a killing pulling littles of all different types from this place.”

“Less developed than Earth? There is no way... Magic? She clearly…”

Thomas trails off into deep thought. The new information mingling with what he has personally experienced.

John as usual, interrupts.

“I’m gonna stop you right there. What’s more likely boy; that magic is real, and she smacked you around with some ‘hocus pocus’, or you just suck and got laid flat by some oddball little. I think we both know the answer here.”

“…”

“Anyway, long story short, we spied around the world for prospective littles and my wife found one she couldn’t live without. Some long black-haired twig named Elizabeth. We grabbed her in a crowd while the savages were publicly executing some criminals… Now that I think about it… I think there was a little on the gallows wearing a cloak…”

“So, you grabbed this ‘Elizabeth’ and the other girl was sucked in as well.”

“Huh… It seems like the power company might have to wait. I think some of the scientists under my generous employment need to be reminded about the consequences of failure. Don’t worry about little miss bullet proof. I’ll make sure the lab coats come up with something to fix their mistake.”

Internally Thomas sighs deeply. The conversation has pissed him off and drained him mentally.

If he can tie up the loose end, more power to him.

“Yeah well, I will let you get to that then.”

“I guess talking with you wasn’t an entire waste of my time. Hell, I suppose I’m feeling pretty generous tonight. I’ll send you some footage of your sister on the house. Just to show that I’ve kept our end of the deal. She’s still here safe, and ready to be fixed up when you keep your end. We’re taking good care of her.”

“…”

“Adios Tommy. Always a laugh.”

The phone goes silent. Thomas finally releases the tight grip on the device.

Moments later, as promised, he receives a text from John. It’s a video file.

Against his better judgement Thomas plays the video.

A female little appearing physically to be slightly older than Thomas’ 23 is the star of the footage. The woman’s long black hair is done up in braid. Her grey eyes contain none of the intelligence, focus, or drive they held in her youth. She wears a childish, frilly, and short pink shirt that ends just above her bellybutton. On her waist is an overly babyish crawler brand diaper for littles. It’s pink, thick, and it’s been thoroughly used. The muscles she’d once been proud of and trained have softened through years of misuse. Laura babbles behind her pacifier as she lays on her back and shakes a stuffed animal in the air. The surveillance timestamp reveals the footage came from earlier today.

“GOD DAMN IT!”

Thomas throws his phone to the floor in anger, breathing unevenly. The action tearing open small wounds that his nanites had managed to barely seal. The phone screen shatters, now frozen on the image of the poor girl. Her dull eyes gazing at the camera.

This prick, he does this shit on purpose. A sick and demented son of a bitch.

The Amazon Hellcats driver hears his enraged howl and sends a sympathetic gaze to the young man behind him from the rear-view mirror. The night has clearly taken a toll on Thomas.

Pained by the reopening of his wounds, he winces but focuses on the cracked picture of his sister. Driven harder than ever before.

Hang on Laura, just hang on. It will not be much longer. I will be there soon.

Just. Hang. On.

~~~

And anything is what Thomas did.

He trained like hell for the next 3 years. While already muscular like his sister, he’d never taken it as seriously as her. But with intense dedication, the then 18-year-old had likely surpassed Laura when she was at this age.

Using his honed skills he appealed to the Hellcats, desiring to join.

He passed initiation with flying colors and was given a junior leadership role.

With these new connections he tried to uncover what had happened to his sister.

But…

The trail was cold. It had been 4 years now.

On the verge of despair, having nothing left, having worked hard for nothing, Thomas threw himself into his work to distract himself. He moved up in rank several times.

Time flew by, and on his 21st birthday he received a card in the mail.

It was a birthday card.

From John Eroldt.

Enclosed was a picture of his sister, clearly regressed.

The Amazon had come under ownership of her and sought out Thomas to make a deal.

‘Anything’. The little murmured to himself.

And a deal was forged.

Chapter 9: The Deal

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As promised I make my faithful return.

I was quite busy playing GoFest all weekend, it was a grand adventure.

Thank you all for reading, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and remains seated for the wild ride.

• Like 8
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 9 (7/21/21)

I want John to suffer.

I want Thomas and Witch to form an alliance, Thomas gets his sister back, maybe Witch can even do something to make her well again, Thomas his sister and Gale can also reconnect as friends, yes I realized that too, and Witch gets her Elizabeth back.

And then John suffers, Witch could turn him into a Little and make his wife go absolutely crazy about him that it gets really bad for him.

No matter what I want John to suffer.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ImprobableLemon said:

Huh… It seems like the power company might have to wait. I think some of the scientists under my generous employment need to be reminded about the consequences of failure. Don’t worry about little miss bullet proof. I’ll make sure the lab coats come up with something to fix their mistake.”

Internally Thomas sighs deeply. The conversation has pissed him off and drained him mentally.

This arrogant dipshit is going on to cause an XK scenario fucking with powers beyond his comprehension and frankly I'm waiting with popcorn to watch this world burn.....

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Moon3ye said:

I want John to suffer.

I want Thomas and Witch to form an alliance, Thomas gets his sister back, maybe Witch can even do something to make her well again, Thomas his sister and Gale can also reconnect as friends, yes I realized that too, and Witch gets her Elizabeth back.

And then John suffers, Witch could turn him into a Little and make his wife go absolutely crazy about him that it gets really bad for him.

No matter what I want John to suffer.

12 hours ago, YourFNF said:

This arrogant dipshit is going on to cause an XK scenario fucking with powers beyond his comprehension and frankly I'm waiting with popcorn to watch this world burn.....

Haha, I'm glad people are feeling strongly about John.

It's fun to write someone so unashamedly evil. He's like a slimy car salesman, but worse.

After the death of [[Heat]] the [[Witch]] was left in a difficult position.

The god was right. She desired companionship, needed it. Humans are social creatures and her loneliness was unbearable.

But nothing could live long enough in her eyes. No sentient race could live longer than a couple hundred years at the most. And she had just discovered that even gods would pass with the fall of their favor.

And then, an idea.

Create immortals.

Like her.

Surely there are beings out there who would wish to join in the [[Witch]]’s curse. They could keep each other company.

Forever.

She would not have to be alone.

Despite the desires of the [[Witch]], she did not wish to curse anyone like she had herself. She knew how hard it was to watch time march on, leaving her in the dust. Never would she do that to another.

The [[Witch]] got to work. It was time to perfect the formula she had tattooed herself with. She could not save herself. Her curse was bound to her and she to it. But with a perfected method surely, she could give immortality to another for as long as they wished to live.

With the knowledge and magical prowess she had accumulated over these hundreds of thousands of years, this was more than possible.

~~~

Need help, come back.

The text from Amelia flashes across Gale’s phone.

Gale turns around immediately, swerving her car into a u-turn on the empty street.

Worries and fears swirl around her mind as she speeds back to her girlfriend.

What if she’s hurt. What if there’s a break-in. What if it’s an Amazon.

She tightens her grip on the steering wheel and banishes the thoughts from her head.

Don’t think, stay calm.

The Amazon woman hurriedly pulls up to the space in front of the darkened alley and sprints to the apartment complex. The dim light of her cell phone guiding her way.
Gale breaks through the labyrinth of alleys and steps out into the illuminated apartment complex. The woman breathes a sigh of relief upon seeing the lights inside Amelia’s apartment on.

She takes a few steps into the open area before suddenly stopping. The dull thud of her footsteps turning into wet squelches. Angling the phone light down she quickly realizes the sound is coming from the pool of crimson she’s stepping in. The splatter reaching many feet away.

“What the fuck…”

Dumbfounded confusion takes hold on both her mind and face. The girl is no doctor, but this much blood should definitely have left a body in her opinion. She was just here not longer than 20 minutes ago.

What happened?

Quickly investigating the ground, Gale spots a small shape a few feet away from the pool of blood. Picking it up and giving it a closer look, she confirms it to be Amelia’s phone.

“No, Amelia!”

Confusion gives way to fear as she runs past the horrid scene and up the stairs to Amelia’s apartment. Pocketing the phone on the way.

She tries the knob and finds it locked. With shaking hands, she pulls out her ring of keys and unlocks the door with Amelia’s spare.

Opening the door, she takes a tentative step in and immediately spots Amelia lying face-down on the living room floor. Splashes of red along the side of her lower body, concentrated towards the front.

“No…!”

With a surprised gasp, Gale hunches over and quickly makes her way to Amelia’s side. She gets on her knees and begins to check her over.

“Amelia! Amelia! Are you okay!?”

Gale checks for a pulse and finds one. Then gingerly flips Amelia over, pulling the girl into her arms.

Ah… I’m not finding any injuries. She seems… Fine.

She puts a hand to her girlfriend’s face and begins to stroke it; her Amazonian hand cupping the little’s face.

Amelia’s eyes blink open in confusion once or twice before opening wide, looking up at the Amazon.

“Are you okay?”

“A… Amelia’s fine. Just overwhelmed. How did you get here?”

“Ha, with my car and two feet obviously. But really, I got a text from you telling me to come back. Your phone was outside near a pool of blood, what the hell happened after I left!?”

Amelia’s face goes blank before remembrance and realization dawn upon her.

“Oh, that must’ve been him… The guy Witch was… Talking to. A lot happened while you were gone, Gale... A lot.”

“Well, shit. Let’s hear it then.”

“When Amelia got back from walking you to the car, Witch and a man dressed like a Hellcat were talking in the lot. It was tense and Amelia isn’t sure what they were talking about. But when Amelia walked out of the alley they yelled and… Witch was shot…”

“All that blood came from Witch? Is she okay!?”

“A-Amelia doesn’t know, there was so much blood and the wound looked really bad… Even like that… She still tried to reassure Amelia… And then she said something strange…”

“What do you mean?”

Amelia looks down, away from Gale and off in the distance. Her brow furrows in deep concentration, a hand to her chin.

“It’s weird, the language was off, but Amelia swears Amelia has heard it before… When… When Amelia was about to be regressed Amelia heard something similar…”

“I’m not following Amelia, what are you talking about?”

“Amelia thinks… That Witch has been helping us in ways we don’t understand… After she said those words, something seemed to surround Amelia. They shot Witch again and again and again. It… It was terrible. But with so many bullets flying, Amelia should have been hit with something. Chipped pavement, ricochets, anything.”

“You think Witch helped you fall asleep and saved you from harm tonight…?”

Amelia lowers the hand on her chin, now certain of her thoughts. She returns Gale’s gaze from her spot in the larger girls’ arms.

“Amelia knows… After what happened… Witch isn’t exactly a normal person… With all those injuries she still moved. She grabbed the man when he walked towards me, with a scary look on her face she beat him, till he gave up…”

“Damn. She took out a Hellcat? Those guys are tough and got the best tech.”

The little’s face darkens as she recalls the next part. Obviously close to breaking down. Tears begin to leak from the corner of her green eyes.

“It was over then… But Witch turned to Amelia. Amelia was so frightened and shocked. Amelia couldn’t do anything… She looked so sad. It was a pained expression on her face… She reached her hand out and… A-And… Amelia couldn’t help it… Amelia backed away.”

“…”

“Witch has saved Amelia twice now and t-this is how Amelia repays her!?”

Gale remains silent as she pulls the crying girl into a close hug. The emotional weight of tonight crushing the poor little. Gale wears a mix of emotions on her face, her mind a whirlwind. Concern for her girlfriend and new friend, and confusion over the situation are at the forefront.

The Amazon waits for her smaller girlfriend to calm down before continuing the conversation.

“What happened to Witch? It sounds like she was okay, at least physically, despite everything…”

“She ran away after Amelia rejected her, she’s out there in the city. Alone now…”

“Well, we’ll just have to find her then, won’t we?”

“A-Are you sure… Amelia hurt her… Witch may not want to see Amelia again…”

Amelia’s statement drops off into silence. It echoes painfully throughout the apartment. Gale looks at the sad expression on her face and loudly slaps her knees with the palms of her hands.

Be strong for her. Be strong for me.

Gone are the concern and confusion that clouded her heart. All that remains is focus and dedication.

“I don’t care about anything like that! She is our friend! We’re going to find her, you can apologize, and then we can talk about what’s going on! That’s all there is to it.”

“…”

“So, no more tears Amelia. Let’s make it right!”

Gale’s infectious positivity and energy seems to work its magic, and Amelia wipes her remaining tears on the sleeve of her shirt before looking up at Gale with sparkling eyes.

“Yeah, thanks Gale. For everything.”

From her spot in Gale’s lap, Amelia wraps her arms around Gale’s neck. She pulls herself up towards her girlfriend’s face and plants a gentle kiss on the Amazon’s cheek.

The very same cheek flushes bright red just seconds later as Gale blushes.

“A-A-Ah I-It’s nothing, no p-problem!”

Amelia giggles, obviously entertained by Gale’s embarrassment. Gale scowls good naturedly before continuing.

“As for tonight, it’s too late now to do anything. I’ll call Franz tomorrow in case Witch visits Solstice. We should sleep, tomorrow is going to be a busy day.”

Amelia agrees and the two prepare themselves for bed. It takes a short argument, but Amelia eventually manages to convince Gale to share her bed rather than have the Amazon sleep on the little sized couch.

However, the bed wasn’t particularly made for Amazon bodies in mind. Gale takes up the majority of the space, and Amelia cuddles close.

“You know, I didn’t expect our first time sleeping together to be so hectic… I certainly expected there to be a lot less blood.”

“You expected any amount of blood!?”

“Heh goodnight, Amelia.”

“Goodnight, Gale.”

As they embrace each other so too does sleep embrace them both.

~~~

I thought things could be different here.

I hoped they could be.

But I’ve ruined everything once again.

I’ve fled from Amelia and that man. Now I’m aimlessly wandering the streets. It’s night so no one is out for the most part; just typical night life.

In order to have some time to myself I’ve assumed a gaseous state. A spell to rid myself of my physical form and become something of a misty cloud. At night it’s near impossible to see me like this. And no one can touch me.

I’m really and truly alone.

I stop and sit on the sidewalk. Leaning my incorporeal form against a building. Looking up, there are no stars in the sky. Too cloudy or too far into the city. I don’t know.

My head shakes almost on impulse. My mind is a mess right now, I’m all over the place. I need to focus. I need to think.

What do I do now?

I can’t go back after showing Amelia that terrible scene. Gale by proxy is out of the question as well. And Franz… Is their friend.

It was only a week but being with these people has been the most at peace I’ve been in a long time. Before I knew it, they’d become dear to me.

So… Do I go back where I belong? There’s nothing for me there anymore. Elizabeth knows I can’t be seen with her anymore, considering everyone else thinks I’m dead.

But it’s not like I have anything here now.

It would be slightly difficult to create a gate back to my dimension. The distance between these places is massive. However, it wouldn’t be impossible. Not like I’d ask that man for help anyway considering the fight we just had.

My concentration and pained thoughts are broken by the sound of wheels rolling down the sidewalk. Despite being late at night, a younger Amazon couple are going for a late walk while pushing a stroller.

Something about the scene itches the back of my mind. I float off the ground and get a better look at the contents of the stroller.

Inside is a little. A young man no older than 25. He appears tranquil and happy. His eyes still hold the spark of sentient, intelligent life. Though he’s dressed and treated in a manner unbefitting his age, he is without a doubt enjoying his lot in life.

The family continues, leaving me behind.

What I would give to be so happy. So loved. So accepted.

I stop. Gears turning in my head.

The beginnings of a great. Terrible. Idea. Sprouting forth in my mind.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.

Why not try it out.

If I’m going to leave anyway, I might as well give it a shot before I go.

Right?

Inwardly I smile, the idea taking root and giving me some measure of excitement.

Tomorrow I get to work.

I’ll need to find an Amazon.

~~~

With the perfected immortality completed, the [[Witch]] set out. Across the land and seas, she searched.

Seeking out kindred spirits.

Over the course of 20 years, she built herself a small family.

A human, a half-orc, and a dragonborn. These three sought companionship and a new life. They agreed to join the [[Witch]] in immortality.

With much glee she tattooed a single script above each of their hearts. It held all the power of her immortality but could be removed by and only with the will of the individual or the [[Witch]].

For thousands of years, they lived together. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, the four of them had each other.

Even as the world around them aged, mortal friends aged and died. The four of them still had each other.

Though. As good as things were. Eventually. It came tumbling down.

Hearts are fragile things. They can only take so much.

The [[Witch]]’s companions got to see the very best of what life had to offer. But with that, they also bore witness to some of the very worst.

Sentient beings can be extremely cruel to one another. Endless conflict. Crime. Destruction. It never ends. Across all planes and worlds, they visited. Ad nauseum.

The good times locked within their hearts only existed as shields to numb the terrible things they witnessed. Their hearts would be worn down, ground to the limit by the horrors of eternal life. They couldn’t forget.

Eventually it would wear the heart down to nothing.

The human and dragonborn broke first.

They sought to end everything. Bring about the finale to this godawful and cruel reality.

The [[Witch]] and the half-orc loved the two like family. They were supposed to be brothers and sisters in arms.

But they couldn’t let them go down this path.

The two fought through damned armies and reached their fallen brethren. The four fought tooth and nail but eventually the [[Witch]] and half-orc were successful. Her overwhelming magic combined with the might of the half-orc would fall any opponent.

The human and dragonborn kneeled before her, prepared to meet their demise. Heads lowered before their maker.

She forced them to look her in the eyes a final time. To feel what they felt. They tried to deny her, force their gaze away.

But.

I.

She saw.

What she saw caused her indescribable grief.

They were grateful. Happy to finally, finally go where their souls belong. To be with everyone they’ve ever known. Everyone that had passed.

At that moment she knew this whole event was all an act. It was a scripted play where they, the villains, would be cut down by the heroes.

The [[Witch]] knew them well enough by now. They couldn’t end their immortality themselves. They couldn’t leave her alone to grieve their decision.

The pair wanted to become heinous villains. Unforgivable in her eyes. And then be stripped of their power. Since that would be easier to swallow for the [[Witch]].

All this charade, for her.

She broke down. Collapsing to the scorched earth.

Her weakness. The [[Witch]]’s frail heart forced this fate upon her friends. Blinded by her own happiness. By her own joy at having companions like her. She was ignorant to the true and agonized thoughts of those closest to her.

With the scheme up, the two hugged the [[Witch]] tightly. Shedding tears as well. Apologizing for everything.

The two knew that they could not allow the [[Witch]] to kill them now. It would be too much.

Too much.

They broke the spell themselves.

Their bodies crumbled into dust. Finally freeing their souls after all these years.

Their cracked lips whispering a final goodbye to the one they had spent so long with.

This event profoundly affected the [[Witch]] and the half-orc. While the two would travel together for many more years, eventually the half-orc would express a desire to end as well.

This. This… T h i s. Was supposed to be different.

Is it really. Really so impossible for sentient life to remain forever.

If my the [[Witch]]’s companions could last for only but a small fraction of the time she’d been alive.

Tell me.

What did that say about the [[Witch]].

Was she even human anymore.

Was she more monster than man.

What am I.

Chapter 10: Alone Again

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On 7/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, Guilend said:

I can’t wait for more of this story. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:54 PM, WBDaddy said:

Right?

Then do I have just the thing for you.

We're only slightly late here. 30 minutes past Wednesday should still count. Right?
This chapter was a doozy to write. I'm particularly happy about it, and I hope everyone enjoys it. Hopefully you all find the quality worth the wait.
Thanks again to the readers and commenters following the story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 10 (7/29/21)

I feel infinitely sorry for witch. People always think that being immortal is something great, maybe it is the first thousand years but at some point you are lonely and sad.

I am really curious what the witch is up to. 

2 hours ago, Moon3ye said:

I feel infinitely sorry for witch. People always think that being immortal is something great, maybe it is the first thousand years but at some point you are lonely and sad.

I am really curious what the witch is up to. 

This is that Connor MacLeod thing I was talking about earlier, and I absolutely love how Mr. Lemon is leaning into this component.  

This why if I ever got my hands on immortality I would make sure it's conditional or that like I could pass on directly from the mortal realm like elves into Valinor...... Fuck around the multiverse for a few millinea, witness wonders and horrors beyond imagining and then take one last walk beyond the furthest shore ?

• Like 1
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 25 (09/05/22)