LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Barrier Cream Do You Use And Why?

Most people who have read my posts are aware I usually wear diapers once or twice a week for maybe 3 hours when I get up early.  A few times a year when I go out of town shopping for the day or running errands I may be in a premium diaper for about 6 or 7 hours.  When I get a day off work once or twice a month and have the house to myself, I also wear around 5 to 6 hours, often both wet and messy on those rare days.

I'm planning a vacation trip in a few months and my plan is to be in day diapers for the 4 days I'm there, seeing the sites, all of that tourist stuff.  I will not be sleeping in diapers as I can't fall asleep when wearing, but the plan is to use Mega Max, Betterdry and Abena L4 diapers (not all at the same time) after my morning shower before I head out for the day.  Depending on my schedule I will be able to stop back at the motel for a diaper change before heading out again.  That's where the different brands come into play.  Change out of a Mega Max around 5PM and into an L4 that should last me until 10pm, about the time I'll go to bed.  Either that or a Betterdry.  No use wasting a 10 hour diaper for 5 hours of use before bed.  

Anyway, since I don't usually spend that long in a diaper, what barrier lotion, cream, oil or whatever do most of you use and why do you like it as your choices?  I will only be wetting my diapers, not messing them.  What is it about the cream, oil or ointment that you like best and how well does it protect you?  I'm not really talking about diaper rash cream like Desitin because I feel that is a medication to clear up a rash you have gotten, but if you use a diaper rash cream, I'd also like to hear about it and why you use it.  Can you put it on in the morning and have it protect you most of the day if you don't change diapers for 8 or 9 hours?  Do you really slather it on thick to make it last a long time or is a basic thin coating enough to do the job?  I'd really like to hear all of your preferences and ideas!

I use sudocrem with each and every change, applying a small amount carefully my hand to my bum, between my legs on soft skin. I do get nappy rash without it, particularly on my behind. The skin on my front doesn't seem to ever get angry for some reason. I'm in each nappy between 8 and 14 hours depending on what it is, and if it's overnight. So far I've dodged any bad rashes with this attention.

I only use a barrier cream when I change into my overnight diaper and am getting ready for bed. I use either Butt Paste or Tripple Paste because I frequently have messy accidents in my sleep. Most of the time, when I start messing my diaper while sleeping, it wakes me up and I just go into the bathroom and clean up and put a new diaper on and go back to bed. There are many times when the pooping accident doesn't wake me up and I am sleeping in a messy diaper for several hours. The barrier cream keeps me from getting a diaper rash unless I have a diarrhea accident while sleeping. The diarrhea will eat right through the barrier cream and very quickly give me a really bad diaper rash. While I am awake, I don't use a barrier cream because when I mess my diaper, I change very soon afterwards.

Under baby powder and baby logtion,I use this as a kind of baby oil

(This is one of the <a href="https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/blogs/entry/3779-from-babydolls-to-babydoll/">BabyDoll</a> items. It came about as a reformulation of the Bubble Bath. I found that adding Aloe and Coconut oil to that in protective and theraputic  amounts to make it a premium bobble bath was lessening the bubbling. Who wants bubble bath that does not bubble well?)

I have decided to use the CLEAR ODORLESS aloe gel and CLEAR ODORLESS coconut oil in a re-formulation of the Bath and Body oil into  Bath, Body and Baby oil I have made this with what was on hand, which was approximate. What I am describing is a more measured formula. All BabyDoll measurements are reasonable approximates to about the nearest 1/4 ounce by volume. The ingredients can be gotten on Ebay; that is where I get them
CONTAINERS: A 52 oz bottle for the final mix and a 16 oz bottle if you wish to mix the Blissfuls separately
INGREDIENTS & MAKING 8 fl oz Aloe Very gel, 8 to 9 fl oz coconut oil, about 24 oz glycerin and 3 capfuls Blissfulls. This should make about 1-1/2 quarts as the glycerin, aloe gel and oil will come up to about 40 fl oz so put them in the bottle in which you will keep them. The oils will not dissolve the blissfuls. To do that, in a separate container, or before adding the oils/glycerin mixture. dissolve 3 or 4 capsfuls of Dreft Blissfuls, for the scent, in just enough very warm water to liquify them This should use 8 oz or less. This is good since you will not be able to empty all the contents of the 8 oz bottle of aloe gel into the mix. So, half-fill the "empty" aloe bottle with very warm water and shake it well to pick up the remaining aloe gel then empty into the blissfuls if you dissolve them separately or into the final mix if not.  Then add this to the other ingredients and shake well. Let stand for a few hours. If the Blissfuls do not fully liquify, add more water as needed. In fact, always shake well any of the BabyDoll  products before use

USES:
BATH OIL: When bathing, add about 1 or 2 ounce to the bath. The longer youyou soak in it, the better. It will feel oily but have you ever used Jean Nate bath oil? That leaves an oily residue on the bottom of the tub: BabyDoll does not. Also, This will stay on you after the bath: DO NOT RINSE IT OFF; it will keep on working -- and that Little Girl/Baby scent! You can towel dry

BODY OIL you may wish to put some behind the ears and under the arms: Or, for that matter, as much as you want anywhere you like

BABY OIL:  use a goodly amount on the chastity area like a baby oil under baby lotion and baby powder. The glycerin is a moisturizer and the aloe and coconut oils have protective and therapeutic qualities. This has been tested on the material that rubber panties are made from by being left on it for 3 days and no harm has occured because these are all plant-derived

This can also be used as a shaving lubricant

Also I have a stay-dry waterproof liner , made from snap-on wetproof panties the elastics of which are worn out,under my diaper that is cut in the crotch to let wetness into the cloth diaper. But you must be stadning or sitting, which is appropriate for a 5 year old AK. This whole thing lets me stay in a diaper for 12+, usually 14 hours, not even feeling the wet on my chastity area

My diaper routine is mostly 3 consecutive days and nights 24/7 during the week. It may sound crazy but I wear a BetterDry with a booster from about 9pm the first night until around noon the next day and I'm usually wet within the first half hour of putting on my diaper. The other 2 days and nights are the same as I keep myself well hydrated. My go to lotion is Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. I'm about 50-50 ab and dl but the ab part of me loves the aroma. It gets slathered on front and back fairly thick. I have had diaper rash twice in my adult life and I attribute one time to having a cold and being on the meds. So for most of those 3 days I am in a wet diaper and 99% of the time I don't have a problem. I hope this helps.  

I've been 24/7 for 2 years, and generally, I can get about 8 - 12 hours out of a premium diaper, so I'm usually in 2 - 3 a day, and for a good portion of that time, I'm at least moderately wet. For me, the brand of cream isn't as important as the presence of cream of some type. I had some bouts with diaper rash early on in my "career", including one that sent me to the doctor, so I started taking skin care seriously. I'm happy to say that it's been about 18 months since the last time I had a diaper rash worth noting. I typically buy store-brand zinc oxide-based white generic "diaper cream", which, at least around here, seems all to be made by the same company, and almost all of it has that typical baby powder scent, which I like in any case.

As we get into the summer months here, diaper cream also helps prevent chaffing around leg gathers when hiking, biking or on long walks. When I go for a run, I put twice as much on - I definitely have a "nursery" scent about me after a 5-mile jog, but that beats smelling vaguely like sweat and pee.

My pro tip is this: any diaper rash that lasts more than a couple of days is almost invariably fungal in nature, and if you get an antifungal spray or cream, and use it exactly the way the instructions say you should, for at least as long as they recommend, you will generally be victorious. A couple of times early on, I stopped using the stuff as soon as the rash went away, and inevitably, the rash came back. The last time I had one, I used the spray for about three straight weeks, long after any sign of a rash was gone, and behold, it's been a year and a half with no further issues.