LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshore Supremes or Betterdry - which do you like better?

Those of you who wear both Betterdry and Northshore Supreme diapers, which do you like best and why?  I'm interested in your honesty in comparing both pro's and con's of each, and explain why you feel as you do from personal experience using both.

For example, you may say you like the Betterdry because they fit well, they absorb better than Northshore, they are softer, etc.  You might say you like Northshore  because they are not as bulky, they fit well, not as noisy, etc.  Please back your opinion up with personal experience, such as, "I can usually wear a Betterdry for 8 hours without the need for a change, they still remain comfortable and while bulkier than Northshore, they do a good job but the seat of the diaper remains relatively dry when the crotch and front are at capacity".  You could say you prefer Northshore Supremes over Betterdry because they fit better, the tapes hold better, they are not as noisy or as bulky and they seem to do a better job overall of wicking moisture to all parts of the diaper and keeping you dryer.  In other words, when you list your preference, pro's and con's, explain just why based on your personal experiences with both.

THIS IS NOT TO BECOME A THREAD FOR SUGGESTING DIFFERENT BRANDS OR KINDS OF DIAPERS OTHER THAN BETTERDRY OR NORTHSHORE SUPREMES!  THIS IS ONLY A DISCUSSION OF COMPARING THESE TWO DIAPERS, BETTERDRY AND NORTHSHORE SUPREME FROM YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WEARING AND USING BOTH.  If you like Rearz, Confidry 24/7, Bambinos, Tranquility, even Depends, fine!  Good for you!  Discussion of those brands is meant for another thread.  Please don't bring them up here.  

I prefer NorthShore Supremes: I like the color options, absorbent enough for me during the night, and discreet during the day.  Coincidently, I am up this morning in a wet and messy medium purple NorthShore Supreme.  I am sitting here responding to this thread with no press out wet or messy leaks.

I've tried both and I have to say they are about the same to me, only difference is north shore comes in better colors 

I've worn both.    Right now the Better Drys are my typical daily wear.    When I'm wearing jeans a lot I actually prefer the NSC Supreme Lites (usually the blue ones).    Oddly, I don't use a lot of the regular Supremes, I either use the lites or the MegaMaxes.

The BetterDry is a nice diaper both in absorbency and it just "feels right" to me both dry and wet.

Well, considering I just got out of a very well used Betterdry a few hours ago (got about 9 hours out of it), my primary gripe with the product continues to be how much they stretch over time.  They're just a bit too elastic - for me anyway.  Capacity-wise, I'd say they're very similar, but the Northshore's backsheet and tapes are just far stronger and stay in place much better on me.  Though I will say the Northshore tapes are a bit TOO strong.  After a few hours, those tapes aren't coming off!  It's like the diapers of the '70s and '80s!  Once and done... tears the plastic to get them off.

As with others here, I have had the privilege to be able to wear and try both of these. 

I tried the  NS supremes several times over a few years time, and enjoyed them, but the issue fir me was capacity. They fit well, held a decent amount, wicked amazingly well ?, but they just seemed to be .....missing something, and I don't know what. They held a good amount, but I think I (at the time) was looking for a more extended wear product, and these just didn't last as long as I 'thought'I wanted/ needed. The padding also startes to break down when saturated....which was't fun.

They also don't have an elastic waistband that I think is necessary.....but that is just me.

When Betterys came along, and I saw the package picture, I KNEW that was what I was looking for!!?. They have all the bells and whistles....and check off all the boxes for what I want in a diaper,

-elastic waist band

-Tall leak guards

-extended wear capacity

-all white shell

-nice sticky tapes

-good over all fit and comfort

-and, they look good! 

So, between the two, it's Betterdrys for me. I have been trying to par down my "stash" a bit, and just have a couple 3 brands that I like, and the Betterdrys are one of them. 

Again, Northshore has some very fine kick butt products, (megamax!!) but, me being me and gaving my "desires" and tastes etc, Betterdrys just seem to fill the bill for me. Being a D/L means I have tried a BUNCH of different brands of diapers, looking for just a couple the wear when ever I want or need, and I found something that works for me. Nothing wrong in general with the others, some had prints, others were more meducal/ clinical....it just seemed that one "something" was missing....got that covered now and have a favorite diaper ( aside from cloth and plastic pants) 

Thanks for asking, hope this helps with what ever you are looking for.

Qwack

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried them both and like them both.  They both fit me well and are both comfortable to wear.  I  think that the Better Drys hold a little more than the Northshore Supreme.   The Northshores wick a little bit better,  so you don't end up with quite as big of a bulge as you wet.  The Better Dry is quieter. I can hear a very slight crinkling sound as I walk with the Northshores.  Nothing with the Better Drys.

As Crinklz Kat said,  the plastic of the Better Drys stretches with time and use and they will feel loose over time.  I've learned to pre-stretch them before I put them on and they stay snug.

You save a little with the Northshore diapers.  They're a few bucks cheaper. 

They're really both worth giving a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried northshore for the fort time other night after using better dry many times. I’m better dry fan! There my going away nappy which I can wear confidently knowing I won’t leak in a hotel bed! North were good but found them a bit to much for me not so comfy and run up my belly to much not as good of a fit as better dry!