LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anybody heard of this?

I had seen these discussed on this forum a few years back. I did a bit of my own research to see if I could get one and put it in myself. There's no where you can get one without a doctor putting it in if you live in the US. I even searched international options and there just isn't anywhere that is selling them. It definitely looks like it would cause incontinence based on my experience with stents.

*Edit: I further explain why I think this would cause incontinence in my next post below.

One of the first sentences is this:

The device is placed within the urethra at the neck of the bladder, but unlike the Foley it lets patients urinate voluntarily, in many cases completely normally without feeling like there’s an internal mechanism helping it happen.

As far as I know the spanner stent just holds your Prostata open and the splinter can still be closed. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Somebodysworld said:

One of the first sentences is this:

The device is placed within the urethra at the neck of the bladder, but unlike the Foley it lets patients urinate voluntarily, in many cases completely normally without feeling like there’s an internal mechanism helping it happen.

As far as I know the spanner stent just holds your Prostata open and the splinter can still be closed. 

Oh hey, I didn't realize I'd be called out in bold font. Probably not the best way to make friends.

I mean, yeah, I could be wrong. No biggie.

But, I only say that it looks like it could cause incontinence from my experience with stents is because I designed a stent to mimic what the spanner stent is doing. The spanner stent does not interfere with the external sphincter, the muscle in charge of voluntary urinary control. However, it does keep open the internal sphincter, the sphincter in charge of involuntary control.

225210743_urinarytract.gif.baad9d40ae99704ab0282d1e5453b203.gif

Without the use of the internal sphincter, it would be very hard to hold back any pressure or bladder contraction without training the external sphincter to pick up the slack. I've experienced this with the use of my stent. It's a straight tube with two bumps on either end that ride the internal sphincter like a saddle and rests far enough in it doesn't interfere with the external sphincter. With it in, urine flows in spurts anytime the pressure is too much for the external sphincters to hold. And because I practice keeping as loose down there as much as I can, it pretty much makes me incontinent.

photo_2021-03-05_02-07-19.thumb.jpg.f512fe73106f142ada7dbda68e47e7c9.jpg

So yeah, I agree that the spanner stent does allow the wearer to have control over their external sphincter. But I believe my experiences with stents has shown me that by keeping the internal sphincter open, the spanner stent would likely cause incontinence for anyone not trained to hold their urine while it's in place.

• Like 1

I did not mean to "attack" anyone with the bold text and i didn't think that any one would be offended by it. But still i'm sorry.

I don't know to much about the anatomy and also i don't know anything about making stents but all i know is that i read a bit about it, for example on their page (https://www.srsmedical.com/the-spanner-stent/), and everywhere i looked it was always that you don't get incontinent. 

• Thanks 1

I believe they make the stent in a range of 6 sizes between 4-9 cm in length. This implies that the distance from bladder to outer part of prostate is as short as 4 cm for some, so it may be possible that the 9 cm long stent would pass through the outer sphincter on some people.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:04 AM, Ferix said:

Oh hey, I didn't realize I'd be called out in bold font. Probably not the best way to make friends.

But, I only say that it looks like it could cause incontinence from my experience with stents is because I designed a stent to mimic what the spanner stent is doing. The spanner stent does not interfere with the external sphincter, the muscle in charge of voluntary urinary control. However, it does keep open the internal sphincter, the sphincter in charge of involuntary control.

Without the use of the internal sphincter, it would be very hard to hold back any pressure or bladder contraction without training the external sphincter to pick up the slack. I've experienced this with the use of my stent. It's a straight tube with two bumps on either end that ride the internal sphincter like a saddle and rests far enough in it doesn't interfere with the external sphincter. With it in, urine flows in spurts anytime the pressure is too much for the external sphincters to hold. And because I practice keeping as loose down there as much as I can, it pretty much makes me incontinent.

So yeah, I agree that the spanner stent does allow the wearer to have control over their external sphincter. But I believe my experiences with stents has shown me that by keeping the internal sphincter open, the spanner stent would likely cause incontinence for anyone not trained to hold their urine while it's in place.

I have been with the intention of designing a stent for a while. My idea is to make it with a design the same as the one shown in the image. I've tried but can't think of anything to get a smooth tube with those bumps. How did you do it?

21 minutes ago, sandiaper said:

I have been with the intention of designing a stent for a while. My idea is to make it with a design the same as the one shown in the image. I've tried but can't think of anything to get a smooth tube with those bumps. How did you do it?

It's similar to blowing glass and is quite a difficult process. It usually takes me a few tries and mistakes before I make a right one.

I use a vinyl straight catheter and a heat gun. I heat up the tube on one end until it's hot enough to pinch off and make an air tight seal. then I tape off the sections of the tube with masking tape and leave only the parts I want the bumps to be bare.

So now I have a catheter with the end sealed off and taped. I heat one bare spot carefully with the gun while I spin the stent to evenly distribute the heat, just enough to make the vinyl malleable; Vinyl exposed to the heat gun can melt suddenly so too much heat on one spot will melt the vinyl and ruin the stent. It's a balance of spinning and distance until the stent reaches just the right temp to blow into the open end and inflate the stent. Then I do the same for the other bump.

Once the bumps are formed I have to form the ends. I cut the stent at the ends and then heat the vinyl to round the raw edges. To make the end tapered and easy to insert, I stretch out the catheter at the ends of the stent with a heat gun before I cut it. The retrieval line is fishing line poked in trough the tube with a sewing needle.

There's a lot of finesse to it that I just can't describe without showing you and not making sense. It's probably not something most people without a bit of crafting skill could pull off; I've literally attempted making 40 of them with 5 being successful.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Ferix said:

It's similar to blowing glass and is quite a difficult process. It usually takes me a few tries and mistakes before I make a right one.

I use a vinyl straight catheter and a heat gun. I heat up the tube on one end until it's hot enough to pinch off and make an air tight seal. then I tape off the sections of the tube with masking tape and leave only the parts I want the bumps to be bare.

So now I have a catheter with the end sealed off and taped. I heat one bare spot carefully with the gun while I spin the stent to evenly distribute the heat, just enough to make the vinyl malleable; Vinyl exposed to the heat gun can melt suddenly so too much heat on one spot will melt the vinyl and ruin the stent. It's a balance of spinning and distance until the stent reaches just the right temp to blow into the open end and inflate the stent. Then I do the same for the other bump.

Once the bumps are formed I have to form the ends. I cut the stent at the ends and then heat the vinyl to round the raw edges. To make the end tapered and easy to insert, I stretch out the catheter at the ends of the stent with a heat gun before I cut it. The retrieval line is fishing line poked in trough the tube with a sewing needle.

There's a lot of finesse to it that I just can't describe without showing you and not making sense. It's probably not something most people without a bit of crafting skill could pull off; I've literally attempted making 40 of them with 5 being successful.

The problem could be the thickness of the widest parts and the stiffness of the tube. In my experience, a thickness greater than 8mm is difficult to insert.

25 minutes ago, sandiaper said:

The problem could be the thickness of the widest parts and the stiffness of the tube. In my experience, a thickness greater than 8mm is difficult to insert.

What's difficult about the process is that it's hard to make. If you over-heat the vinyl, it melts and the catheter has to be scrapped. There were many stents I got one bump right but messed up on the other or there was some other minor mistake that ruined the whole thing. When I finally made the stent in the right shape, I would then sterilize and insert.

Vinyl is so unforgiving to the heat. The window between too cold to form the bumps and too hot it melts is probably less than a second under direct heat from the heat gun. What made it difficult to guage is that it took several seconds under the heat gun for the vinal to reach that perfect goldilocks temperature. There may be another way to form the bumps, I just really haven't tried any others and I'm probably not going to be making anymore if all goes well with my urologist.

The size of the catheter is 18 french. I've had no success with heating up 16 french as there's not enough vinyl to support a bump and keep it's shape after it has been heated and blown-up/stretched into the bump shape.

It is really tight to pass through the meatus and it took me a few sessions of stretching the meatus with the stent before it could pass through. Once it's all the way in it's almost undetectable at rest. I do feel like it causes a soreness when being active which seems to limit mobility to avoid the sorness.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:30 AM, Ferix said:

Vinyl is so unforgiving to the heat. The window between too cold to form the bumps and too hot it melts is probably less than a second under direct heat from the heat gun. What made it difficult to guage is that it took several seconds under the heat gun for the vinal to reach that perfect goldilocks temperature. There may be another way to form

the bumps, I just really haven't tried any others and I'm probably not going to be making anymore if all goes well with my urologist.

This might be a great 3-D printer project if you have access to one.

Try working with another source of heat or a different biologically inert material that is easier to work with?

I gasped when I first saw the one you made cause it looked like glass...

Sucks that the commercial product isn't available to us by any means because it looks interesting....

12 hours ago, eatenbywo1ves said:

This might be a great 3-D printer project if you have access to one.

Try working with another source of heat or a different biologically inert material that is easier to work with?

I gasped when I first saw the one you made cause it looked like glass...

Sucks that the commercial product isn't available to us by any means because it looks interesting....

I can't imagine 3d printing working well. They print in layers causing ridges and lots of places for bacteria to hide and would also make it hard to clean.

I have not tried any other heat source. I've only thought of other ways like boiling in water, though I never tried it because I was afraid it would completely deform. I also thought about baking in the oven, which might actually work, but I never took the time to figure it out.

One of the reasons why I stuck with the heat gun method is that it was fairly quick when done correctly. Prep takes about 5 minutes and blowing the bumps takes a minute or two tops. Then finishing it and threading the retrieval line was a couple minutes. So it could be done in 10 minutes or less. It was quick to go through several tries and if I messed up early on one stent, I had the option of using the rest of the catheter for practice.

I tried silicone but it was too resistant to heat to work with. I also tried other stent designs like ones with bends, but they always slipped out of place. I couldn't really find another material that I had the ability to craft with. I've seen stents made from stainless steel but I don't have the tools to work with steel.

The vinyl stent with bumps is probably the best one I've made. It almost "snaps" in place when the bump passes through the internal sphincter muscle and is very secure. It's almost undetectable when sitting or not moving around too much, other than the constant spurts and drips of pee. It does start to get sore with lots of movement but wàlking around the house isn't an issue.

I'm done making and using stents for now. In another thread I talk about going for real incontinence so maybe, I hope, I won't ever need to use stents again.

*Update: I just tried boiling the stents in water. It doesn't get the stent hot enough to mold.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:09 AM, Ferix said:

I had seen these discussed on this forum a few years back. I did a bit of my own research to see if I could get one and put it in myself. There's no where you can get one without a doctor putting it in if you live in the US. I even searched international options and there just isn't anywhere that is selling them. It definitely looks like it would cause incontinence based on my experience with stents.

I know someone who had one. A old man but they are made to hold your prostrate open not your bladder sphincter. Their a alternative treatment for enlarged prostate. 

1 hour ago, Diaperman95 said:

I know someone who had one. A old man but they are made to hold your prostrate open not your bladder sphincter. Their a alternative treatment for enlarged prostate. 

Did you know that the male anatomy has two urinary sphincters? My next post after the one you quoted goes into further detail.

On 3/5/2021 at 2:04 AM, Ferix said:

3d printing might work, if cash flow is less of an issue it allows for a wide range material/construction method; you are right bout surfaces having microbes though.

Machined aluminum maybe?

I I actually I did. That is why women are more likely to devolpe stress incontinence over men. . I didnt read the whole thread so I apologize. I just saying for someone who wants to be incontinence from a stent that it doesnt hold the bladder open. But you make a point of someone has been training their bladder to release I could see it making a lot less reliable seal.  I just new a old man that passed away I real cared about and he was in such bad health they could not do surgery but he had prostrate cancer and could not pee. and he was explaining it to me and said he was able to pee because of this stent. I was thinking like a stent like they use from your kidney to bladder or something. That they had hang out of him or something they put through his prostrate instead. he tried to explain it but I had to look it up.  But when he was explaining I asked him of ot made him pee him self and he said no but hell he could of been embarrassed too. I didnt tell him my issues. But I had a few of them kidney stents over the years they hurt like hell. I guess  he had hell of a time with a catheter and hated it. He passed away shortly after that.  I didnt mean any disrespect. I had never heard of the homemade bladder stents to be honest until I joined this site. I been incontinence since the 90s I learned about the ABDL universe when purchasing at a store about 15 years ago and was asked if I was a ABDL by the clerk. Had no idea there was a hole other world out there. Lol.  I asked her to explain and at first she was never like never mind but i had to ask again.  I never understood that people had a real desire to be incontinent a few years back and just learned of the sents. I just learning a lot. You have a wonderful  night man. I will read more of the thread before diving into the conversation. 

look at this

https://www.medgadget.com/2021/02/wireless-smart-catheter-for-bladder-management-interview-with-matt-monarski-ceo-of-urodev-medical.html

je veux ca , avec controle en wifi ou bluetooth a distance....Comme ça quelqu'un a la télécommande et vous controle :))

Vous vous faite dessus par surprise. Ou avec une application aléatoire. Ca serait génial. Il faudrait en savoir plus sur le design, savoir comment ca tient tout en étant confortable.

https://www.urodevmedical.com/

I want that, with wifi or bluetooth remote control .... So someone has the remote control and controls you :))

You get caught up in it by surprise. Or with a random application. That would be great. We should know more about the design, know how it holds while being comfortable.

• Like 2