LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Huggies quietly unveils Size 7

MegaChar

I'm sure you have heard the rumors that Huggies plans to reveal their size 7 for their diaper line...

Whats most interesting is they're doing this with The Lion King as the prints for the size 7 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SHNC7RV/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Boy does Kimberly Clark have a way of going big with the reveals!

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

They aren't even listed on Huggies Little Movers page.

The link I posted is the offical huggies page for size 7 on Amazon. I'm able to preorder them at least

40 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That's interesting!? I'm curious to see what the diapies look like and how they smell. If ever get any let me know what you think.?

Me too. I'm dieing to know myself. I did some snoping around to confirm its from Huggies...Which it is. I will let everyone know once I get them. I mostly buy baby diaper for collection reasons.

They do not have a eta when it ships but you can preorder them

• Like 1

Interesting. I wonder what the size range is on them. I have found Pampers size 7 to be really impressive in terms of being able to fit people well above the weight range listed on the packaging, while Cuties size 7 doesn't have quite the same stretch capabilities. If I come across them, I'll definitely buy some. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Interesting. I wonder what the size range is on them. I have found Pampers size 7 to be really impressive in terms of being able to fit people well above the weight range listed on the packaging, while Cuties size 7 doesn't have quite the same stretch capabilities. If I come across them, I'll definitely buy some. 

If they are like all the other Huggies diapers then they will be smaller than Pampers and Luvs, though Luvs have gotten smaller over the last 2 rebrandings

On 2/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, Babyqtboy said:

If they are like all the other Huggies diapers then they will be smaller than Pampers and Luvs, though Luvs have gotten smaller over the last 2 rebrandings

They ship for me tomarrow and saying I might get them on the 3rd of March. There's a rumor going around that these are made on the same machine as the XL sized goodnites/drynites. Won't be able to find out until I get them.

5 hours ago, MegaChar said:

They ship for me tomarrow and saying I might get them on the 3rd of March. There's a rumor going around that these are made on the same machine as the XL sized goodnites/drynites. Won't be able to find out until I get them.

You will definitely have to let us know. I know in the 80’s and early 90’s Huggies were bigger than Pampers and Luvs but after the switch to cloth back, Huggies always ran smaller and had less stretch. Honestly Pampers baby dry size 6 and Luvs size six were bigger and stretchier than any of the size 7’s for a long time. I stopped buying baby diapers because they just kept getting smaller ?

On 2/24/2021 at 4:39 PM, Babyqtboy said:

You will definitely have to let us know. I know in the 80’s and early 90’s Huggies were bigger than Pampers and Luvs but after the switch to cloth back, Huggies always ran smaller and had less stretch. Honestly Pampers baby dry size 6 and Luvs size six were bigger and stretchier than any of the size 7’s for a long time. I stopped buying baby diapers because they just kept getting smaller ?

Son of a bitch!...And I thought ordering first in line would mean that I get them first. Now they moved the time I will receive them to the 8th of next month. They sure are taking their time with me.

Anyways enjoy this video that poped up on my diaper updates feed.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 10:57 PM, BabySpiderBoy said:

That's interesting!? I'm curious to see what the diapies look like and how they smell. If ever get any let me know what you think.?

I finally got them!! They are kinda weird when you look at the pictures

As you look at this adorable picture you will notice a few things that I hinted is a bit odd or off:
-When I compared the Size 6 and the Size 7, the Size 6 seems longer then the Size 7 but the Size 7 is wider
-Size 7 prints seems to use a slightly more bland color choice for the print then the Size 6

The problems as I indicated might be due to the fact that the two different sizes are made on 2 different machines and two different locations.

20210303_141627.jpg

20210303_141700.jpg

20210303_141713.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MegaChar said:

As you look at this adorable picture you will notice a few things that I hinted is a bit odd or off:
-When I compared the Size 6 and the Size 7, the Size 6 seems longer then the Size 7 but the Size 7 is wider
-Size 7 prints seems to use a slightly more bland color choice for the print then the Size 6

The problems as I indicated might be due to the fact that the two different sizes are made on 2 different machines and two different locations.

20210303_141627.jpg

20210303_141700.jpg

20210303_141713.jpg

I love the size 7 ones! They look more bulky and thick.?♥️ How do they smell??

7 hours ago, MegaChar said:

20210303_141627.jpg

20210303_141700.jpg

20210303_141713.jpg

You may also have the end of the size 6 compared to the new size 7.

I'd love to see a chart with all the diaper dimensions.

• Like 1

Interesting video. I'll have to check out the Walmart size 7's - haven't seen those in Canada, but I haven't shopped for diapers in a Walmart in a while. They seem like the biggest of the size 7's. I would imagine that we won't really see any manufacturer pulling way ahead in terms of the dimensions of a size 7 diaper, because a quick glance at a height/weight/age average chart shows 41 lbs as being at the far end of the bell curve for a toddler, and not an uncommon weight for an 8 - 9 year-old.

At that stage of development, kids tend to increase more in height than they do in waist size, as their weight goes up. I found a sizing guide printed on a packet of Walmart girls' briefs, and it suggests that someone weighing 43 lbs would have a 22" waist, while someone weighing 66 lbs would have a 24" waist, and any size 7 diaper would have more than enough stretch to go well beyond that. 66 lbs is within range of a common weight for a 10-11 year-old. From personal experience, my daughter would still fit in one of these when she was 10, and, at that point, the manufacturers are essentially competing with their own respective pullup brands. While the parent might prefer a diaper, most kids probably prefer a pullup, which I'm guessing is why there has never been a size 8, for example. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I love the size 7 ones! They look more bulky and thick.?♥️ How do they smell??

They smell just like any other huggies diaper. They are somewhat wider then the size 6

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Little Baby Becca said:

Just bought a package at Walreens. Also grabbed a package of the new Goodnights XL. Haven't opened them yet, stay tuned...

They will run smaller then Goodnites XL. You will love the print and their absorbency level isn't too bad eather. They would make a great fit for a 3-4 year old

• Like 1
16 hours ago, MegaChar said:

They will run smaller then Goodnites XL. You will love the print and their absorbency level isn't too bad eather. They would make a great fit for a 3-4 year old

I tried the Goodnites last night for a few hours, didn't wet them but they seemed too big, I will have to try the Large. As for the Huggies, I haven't opened them yet, I want to be able to savor the scent when I do. I can wear Pampers Cruisers 7 and 4T/5T Easy-ups. I also have and wear Huggies Baby Steps from the 90's.IMGP6466sm.thumb.jpg.4fd7adeeb159c8d3eef738330eee6c9b.jpg

IMGP6475sm.thumb.jpg.9e372bcbc5fa4fef70d6db93dc3b6594.jpg

1779467096_DTime009.thumb.jpg.86fe0a5dbc3c63746898237d570eb5f3.jpg

1051836738_DTime021.thumb.jpg.e30549851264d7c0d17c90bef69a5352.jpg

772552484_DTime024.thumb.jpg.2bbdb34aa1e2382f346873a071158040.jpg

960275306_DTime056sm.thumb.jpg.db62cab9bcbd4f588cb1a63e70570d54.jpg

IMGP9925.thumb.jpg.05fb9aee2e4b21daa6f84e0ad8ef2564.jpg

IMGP9927.thumb.jpg.35aa81f13719c4d53f844bf716ea163d.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 2/21/2021 at 2:27 AM, MegaChar said:

The link I posted is the offical huggies page for size 7 on Amazon. I'm able to preorder them at least

Me too. I'm dieing to know myself. I did some snoping around to confirm its from Huggies...Which it is. I will let everyone know once I get them. I mostly buy baby diaper for collection reasons.

They do not have a eta when it ships but you can preorder them

Im excited to get some Huggies diapers in size 7 just love the cute baby design they have and the absorbency they provide. The last diapers I had were size 6 snug and dry and snug and dry overnight. Being able to fit in baby diapers just relives my stress.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, BabyDiaperBoy43 said:

Im excited to get some Huggies diapers in size 7 just love the cute baby design they have and the absorbency they provide. The last diapers I had were size 6 snug and dry and snug and dry overnight. Being able to fit in baby diapers just relives my stress.

You must be REALLY small if you fit into Huggies size 7 baby diapees!?????????♥️???

• Like 1
On 3/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, Little Sherri said:

Interesting video. I'll have to check out the Walmart size 7's - haven't seen those in Canada, but I haven't shopped for diapers in a Walmart in a while. They seem like the biggest of the size 7's. I would imagine that we won't really see any manufacturer pulling way ahead in terms of the dimensions of a size 7 diaper, because a quick glance at a height/weight/age average chart shows 41 lbs as being at the far end of the bell curve for a toddler, and not an uncommon weight for an 8 - 9 year-old.

At that stage of development, kids tend to increase more in height than they do in waist size, as their weight goes up. I found a sizing guide printed on a packet of Walmart girls' briefs, and it suggests that someone weighing 43 lbs would have a 22" waist, while someone weighing 66 lbs would have a 24" waist, and any size 7 diaper would have more than enough stretch to go well beyond that. 66 lbs is within range of a common weight for a 10-11 year-old. From personal experience, my daughter would still fit in one of these when she was 10, and, at that point, the manufacturers are essentially competing with their own respective pullup brands. While the parent might prefer a diaper, most kids probably prefer a pullup, which I'm guessing is why there has never been a size 8, for example. 

Pampers a while back did make a size 8 but it was released only in the UK / Europe. Not sure it’s a size 7 measured differently or what

IMG_3361.jpeg

• Like 2

Interesting, thanks @BabyDiaperBoy43. I had a quick look at Pampers Cruisers size 7 here in Canada, and their weight rating is still listed as 41 lbs +, and it looks like those size 8's from the UK are listed as 37 lbs+, so they're essentially a size 7, I guess. I wonder if they decided to repackage them as a size 8 there because European/British toddlers and children tend to weigh less than us well-fed North Americans? As is the case with adults? 

It seems that they want to move anyone larger than that into a pull-up, at a higher per-unit cost, based on the presumption that most are only using 1 per night, and anyone with a child who uses more than that is probably going to be buying through a medical supply channel, rather than in the supermarkets, where shelf space is at such a premium. If something doesn't sell in enough volume, they don't want to stock it - even the size 7 diapers are only available in the larger stores here, with smaller drugstores that have limited floor space generally only stocking up to size 6. Although I do wonder why there are "Baby-Dry", "Swaddlers" and "Crusiers", all in sizes 1 to 6, on the shelf - it kind of reminds me of back when GM used to market a Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Buick version of every platform they made. Maybe they could merge Swaddlers and Baby-Dry, and use the space that creates to offer a true size 8. But, that might eat into pull-up/Ninjama/Goodnite/Easy-Up sales. 

Interesting that this larger size Pampers in the UK was marketed as a Baby-Dry product rather than a Cruiser - lots of kids who weigh 40 lbs can read, and one imagines that they might not want their underwear to reference babies. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Interesting, thanks @BabyDiaperBoy43. I had a quick look at Pampers Cruisers size 7 here in Canada, and their weight rating is still listed as 41 lbs +, and it looks like those size 8's from the UK are listed as 37 lbs+, so they're essentially a size 7, I guess. I wonder if they decided to repackage them as a size 8 there because European/British toddlers and children tend to weigh less than us well-fed North Americans? As is the case with adults? 

It seems that they want to move anyone larger than that into a pull-up, at a higher per-unit cost, based on the presumption that most are only using 1 per night, and anyone with a child who uses more than that is probably going to be buying through a medical supply channel, rather than in the supermarkets, where shelf space is at such a premium. If something doesn't sell in enough volume, they don't want to stock it - even the size 7 diapers are only available in the larger stores here, with smaller drugstores that have limited floor space generally only stocking up to size 6. Although I do wonder why there are "Baby-Dry", "Swaddlers" and "Crusiers", all in sizes 1 to 6, on the shelf - it kind of reminds me of back when GM used to market a Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Buick version of every platform they made. Maybe they could merge Swaddlers and Baby-Dry, and use the space that creates to offer a true size 8. But, that might eat into pull-up/Ninjama/Goodnite/Easy-Up sales. 

Interesting that this larger size Pampers in the UK was marketed as a Baby-Dry product rather than a Cruiser - lots of kids who weigh 40 lbs can read, and one imagines that they might not want their underwear to reference babies. 

Yeah I was so tempted to get them while hunting eBay. When I saw they had a size 8 I was excited finally a baby diaper that I could actually fit into but after reading reviews about it essentially a size 7 just rebadged as a size 8. But I can fit into size 7 diapers just fine using the diaper tape extend mod I’ve been using for years it works great. Plus a lot of the adult diapers I tried suck and I was like well let try some Huggies or pampers for a few weeks and see how they hold up to absorbency. I’ve done both #1 and #2 in them and they hold surprisingly well. Especially the Huggies snug and dry overnight diapers those diapers will hold a serious amount before leaking. I’ve managed to wet the diaper 4 times mine heavily before they started to leak.

• Thanks 1