LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Finally accepted that I need diapers 24/7- Feels weird

Hi there,

I have finally accepted that in order to be the best version of myself, I need to wear diapers/protective underwear 24/7 in order to have the best quality of life. It’s still hard to think about giving up regular underwear but ultimately I think that it’s the right thing to do. I already filled my underwear drawer with the new underwear but it still feels weird, especially since I”m 24. Hopefully I get used to this but it may take some time.

Thank you for reading my self-absorbed most and I hope you continue to stay safe!

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Anonymous12 said:

Hi there,

I have finally accepted that in order to be the best version of myself, I need to wear diapers/protective underwear 24/7 in order to have the best quality of life. It’s still hard to think about giving up regular underwear but ultimately I think that it’s the right thing to do. I already filled my underwear drawer with the new underwear.

@Anonymous12

I am happy that you have made the decision that you have made:  Part of the decision you made will make it easier for you, because you don't HAVE to worry anymore, and if you use diapers or underwear/protection, there is NOTHING to fear, and NOTHING to be ashamed of, or about.   You have made the choice, and you have already decided that comfort and the ability to be the "You" that you want to be is what you want to accomplish.  "Giving up" regular underwear will mean that you do not have to worry about keeping them clean:  If you use them, you use them, and change them, just like you would if you have the regular undies, and diapers can be liberating, because you don't have to KILL your knees, or hurt yourself because you have to bust tail to get to the bathroom.  

Acceptance of the NEED is the key:  Now that you have done that, you should feel better about yourself:  I had to do that, and a LOT of trusted members helped me get there:  there is nothing to worry about now, you just have to remember that you are wearing your toilet now, and just remember that you should be prepared to change if necessary.  Many of us here are incontinent, and deal with it daily - You have decided that it is the right thing to do, and for that, you are to be commended:  There are many that may have difficulty with this, and they struggle with the decision:  it is NOT an easy one, and it can be scary, but you NEED to be able to function to the level you are comfortable with, and the only one that can do that is YOU: Now, for the next step: Getting Used to it, which may take time ;)

Sounds like you are all set with the undies :)

1 hour ago, Anonymous12 said:

it still feels weird, especially since I”m 24. Hopefully I get used to this but it may take some time.

It may feel "strange" to you for a while, because if you are potty trained, your first reaction is to try to get to the bathroom.  With a diaper on, you don't worry about THAT part, but you still have to worry about making sure that you stay clean, dry and healthy skin wise, and that you change the diaper regularly so you don't get rashes from having wet or dirty diapers on for extended periods.

You are 24 - I have friends that are younger and older than that:  They are disabled, or incontinent, and they wear because they have to, or want to, to keep themselves as active as they can.  Age is only a number, and remember this:  Our Parents train us out of diapers usually by 3-4 years old, and there are some of us that are not physically ready or emotionally ready, or even psychologically ready to do that yet:  Having to wear protection at any age is not bad at all, its just not something that is normally done, but I can tell you, there are plenty of people younger and older than you, that wear for whatever reason, and that IS normal:  especially for people who are disabled and need to use diapers:  There is NOTHING wrong with being older then 2-3 years old and wearing diapers, and adults do it all the time. 

You will get used to it man - It comes with time :)

Good Luck!

Brian

8 hours ago, Anonymous12 said:

Hi there,

I have finally accepted that in order to be the best version of myself, I need to wear diapers/protective underwear 24/7 in order to have the best quality of life. It’s still hard to think about giving up regular underwear but ultimately I think that it’s the right thing to do. I already filled my underwear drawer with the new underwear but it still feels weird, especially since I”m 24. Hopefully I get used to this but it may take some time.

Thank you for reading my self-absorbed most and I hope you continue to stay safe!

I felt the same way when I had to start wearing diapers 24/7. The only other time I felt that weird was about 7 years ago when my doctor authorized a handicapped parking tag due to my bad back issues. It really felt weird the first few times I parked in a handicapped parking space at the store.

About 25 years ago my life was severely altered after I had an accident while in the military. I was in and out of the hospital for the next six months having various surgeries. It was also during this time that I noticed two things, I was drinking 4-5 gallons of water or ice tea a day and actually starting to develop some incontinence both day and night. I kept thinking how embarrassing it would be to pee myself in front of all the cute therapists in the hospital, but then my primary nurse says to me, “you could wear diapers for a while, why we do some tests.” Those words sent a hot flush of embarrassment right through me, along with an intense excitement. While my embarrassment was screaming no way, my excitement made me say OK.

After the doctors realized this was going to be a lifelong medical issue, the doctors and nurses suggested that I try condom catheters or catheters to control the incontinence and seemed surprised when I told them I wanted to stay in diapers as I feel they are easier to deal with. They then said as long as the diapers didn’t cause any irritations, it made sense to stay in them. But truth be told, I realized I was now actually happy that it was official that I needed to wear diapers. It was the first moment I felt there was a benefit in being disabled. Yea it does have inconvenient aspects, but I am so lucky to be turned on by diapers. Instead of feeling miserable over being incontinent, my disability was now forcing me to live my diaper fetish.

All of my family knows I need to wear diapers and fully support me. I have now fully embraced my need for diapers and often wear Dry 24/7 disposables or thick cloth diapers and nursery print plastic pants everywhere I go. Usually they are only covered by shorts and a T shirt or when I am feeling real adventurous short shorts so that my plastic pants peek out of the leg band, but that is another story!

• Like 1

Yeah I’m probably going to still use the toilet when I’m at home or when the handicap stall is accessible. It’s just a hassle to go back and forth between underwear and diapers just to go out. I want to enjoy being able to use the restroom before I get older and have to use them due to falling risks. 

Update:

Today I had a psychotherapy appointment and toward the end I really needed to urinate. Even there I was hesitant, I let go out was able to finish the session uninterrupted. I notice that I leak every time so I probably need to get a more absorbent brief but I still feel weird about it even though it is improving my life.

BTW It was remote so don’t worry

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when I first had to really go full time. I was a bed wetter my whole life but in middle school started having infections all the time and they made me piss myself several times. come to find out I had a problem emptying my bladder completely and as a result would get infections. Then I graduated and got married on my 19th birthday and before I turned 20 I started  feeling like I had a infection everyday no matter how much antibiotics I took. Then they scoped and suspected I have interstitial cystitis. The test to confirm they put two liquids in your bladder one saline and one was a potassium of some kind. They don't tell you what one they are doing and if your bladder is normal neither hurt but let me tell you if you have I.C. the potassium hurts like hell. So at 19 after wetting the bed most my childhood I have a very rare condition men don't often get. It causes bad spasms some days you need to pee every 5 min others not as bad but still very often. They also made me start to self cath every day to help keep infection out. Its is very rare to retain and have IC. I have had 100's if not 1000's of infections I have had them get to my bloodstream well over 20 times and almost lost my life when the infection once traveled from my bladder to kidney to blood to my heart. I spent 10 days in ICU. Sorry to be to graphic. But besides sometimes having to wear a diaper at night I found myself wearing them just because it is impossible to work and stop and pee every 5 to 10 min. Then over the years the more I used them the more I depended on them and now I have very little ability to hold urine at all now because I always went when I felt the urge. I still feel myself pee but cant really hold it more than 30 seconds. I still retain about 50 to 75 cc of urine when I feel empty but I use to retain 200 to 300 ccc. a normal full bladder is 400. I am now 44 still have the same wonderful wife who has washed her fair share of wet sheets but is my god send and always understood. My mom thought I was to lazy to go pee and made my life hell growing up. But I got through it and I am still getting through it. The wonderful thing you got now that I never had besides great support groups online is amazing products. I mean I worn depends for years and was happen when I found them because the walmart brand sucked 10 times worse. Now we have products that are good for 12 hrs. you said you wanted a better brief. I just say diaper that's what it is if you accept it. The best advice I have is if it just pee spend the money on premium diapers that wick moister away from the skin and can hold a lot. You can get by with 2 or 3 changes a day and still maintain healthy skin and few leaks. The cheap ones you will always leak and you will go through 6 to 8 a day or more and when you do the math you might of well bought the good ones. Abenas 4 are as about as low end as I will go and they are okay for a budget but do loosen and stretch when wet and will sag. That and as they get a couple wettings they wont wick it way from the skin. I found some real good ones that I worn for years called secure total x  plus. They don't clump they hold a lot the tapes stay put and it does not stretch and loosen when wet. I think Bambino sells them for around 90 bucks a case of 48. I use to buy direct from the manufacture for 82 buck a case shipped but they stopped stocking them a few months back. I since swapped to North Shore Mega Max and cant say enough. They are just as good fit and don't clump but hold 2 or 3 times as much as any diaper I have tried. They are not cheap in quality or price at $2.50 a diaper but I can most of the time get by with only 2 a day sometimes 3 never more. I would never push most diapers this far but they wick it all away in the diaper away from the skin. Just know that if you can stick your hand down your pants and pull it back with wet urine on it you need to change because that is what breaks down skin and causes rashes. These don't do that until about 12 hrs of use. Northshore has some cheaper ones to and they are a Amazing company. They will send trully free samples of their product to your door all you need to do is ask. I have been real happy with them so far. I have tried almost all brands out there with the exception of ones that are printed like a baby diaper. Sorry just not my thing no judgment to anyone who uses them. I think if you are on a budget maybe try the total dry x plus but if you want the best go mega max. Don't be afraid to uses up the diaper but know when it needs to change and don.t hang out with urine soaking on your skin and anytime you poop in one you have to change immediately. All these years and I have only had about 3 or 4 bad rashes so take care of your skin. Don't worry about wearing them it beats piss running down your leg. I am new to this site but feel free to ask me anything and best of luck to you.

Hey guys sorry for the delayed response, your replies on other posts have helped me to improve my acceptance of myself. Right now I’m at the point where I started bed wetting, I used to have to get up in the middle of the night but now I sleep throughout the whole night. I’m still wearing pull-ups because diapers are expensive and due to my cerebral palsy, it would be hard to change a taped diaper. 

What’s weird is that my doctors endorsed the idea so I don’t have to worry about that. I really don’t want to defecate in them because I don’t know how to and with my disability, the cleanup would be hard. I’m also concerned about losing complete control because your body might get accustomed to it. I’m also not out as incontinent to my entire family so it would be weird having accidents if they don’t know.

I hope that I can find a balance between going to the toilet and going in my pants so that I can retain some control but still have an accident if necessary to improve my participation in activities and be more productive.

I know it's hard but coming out to close family might help take the stress away. And if you look at diapers and pull-ups as tools that allow you to do the activities you want with less embarrassment. Who cares? But sooner or later hiding it will backfire and be found out anyways. Why have the stress over it. After bypass surgery my sister and nephew took turns helping me. I had to take water pills to treat fluid build up. By the 4th or 6th time to the bathroom I would lose all bladder control. He did not know I wore diapers or pull-ups till that happened and I had to put on a diaper. That would go on for 6 to 8 hrs. Till the med wore of or fluid swelling went down. That kinda sucked to explain.