LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers, nightmares, PTSD, calming, my Fitbit has shown me the truth! Anyone else similar?

Hey all

I have mentioned it before, I suffer PTSD and Depression!

For the last few days I have not been able to be diapered, due to a pain in the arse! Literally.

Damned zit, so painful, can’t have anything against it, even boxers! Thankfully metianiem is working and taking it down to a more manageable pain in the ass…!

But, looking back at my Fitbit logs, and comparing against a nights sleep diapered…..

OMG, what a difference.

Top image was Monday night, heart rate all over the place, and many nightmares, woke in a pool of sweat and bedding had to be changed today!

Middle image, that was Saturday night as Sunday night did not register as sleep, heart rate was way too high!  Loads of nightmares again, and woke absolutely soaked in sweat.

Bottom image - that is me diapered, look at how stead my heart rate drops, some nights has dropped to as low as 42!

It’s amazing now seeing the difference there in black and white, when not diapered, my PTSD has free run on my head overnight and many nightmares will play out.

Diapered, I sleep like a baby.  Hubby was amazed when I showed him.

Anyone else have similar when diapered?

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 23.35.02.png

Whilst lacking the inconveniences of full-blown PTSD, there's no doubt that I sleep better in nappies.

Is it a zit?  If you shave down there, it's easy to get ingrown hairs.  They can look like zits (and behave a bit like them).  They can be acutely painful.

Shaving not so close (I use a trimmer now) seems to avoid them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I definitely concur that I sleep way, way better in a diaper, although I have no empirical data to support that, mine is strictly anecdotal. It used to be the opposite, years ago, when I only slept in diapers in hotel rooms or if my wife was gone overnight - I used to be distracted by the diaper, and toss and turn. When I decided to start wearing diapers to bed faithfully, probably three and a half years ago, I had the same issue, but after a couple of weeks, I got used to it. Now, I know that I would sleep terribly without a diaper on - I wouldn't even consider trying it. Before I went 24/7 about 18 months ago, there were some occasions where I was at a friend's place, and had more to drink than anticipated, which precluded driving home, so I slept in their guest room or where ever, and not having a diaper with me made it awful. Later, I started leaving one in the trunk of my car, so that unexpected sleepovers could be handled. 

I remember as a kid when I finally outgrew bedtime diapers, I had the same issue - I didn't feel "right", and a couple of times I got up and put a diaper on, just so that I could sleep. I stretched those last few diapers I had for at least a couple of weeks, because I wasn't wetting them anymore so I'd wear them in bed until the tapes were a mess. 

I hope that your issue resolves quickly so that you can go back to sleeping soundly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I definitely concur that I sleep way, way better in a diaper, although I have no empirical data to support that, mine is strictly anecdotal. It used to be the opposite, years ago, when I only slept in diapers in hotel rooms or if my wife was gone overnight - I used to be distracted by the diaper, and toss and turn. When I decided to start wearing diapers to bed faithfully, probably three and a half years ago, I had the same issue, but after a couple of weeks, I got used to it. Now, I know that I would sleep terribly without a diaper on - I wouldn't even consider trying it. Before I went 24/7 about 18 months ago, there were some occasions where I was at a friend's place, and had more to drink than anticipated, which precluded driving home, so I slept in their guest room or where ever, and not having a diaper with me made it awful. Later, I started leaving one in the trunk of my car, so that unexpected sleepovers could be handled. 

I remember as a kid when I finally outgrew bedtime diapers, I had the same issue - I didn't feel "right", and a couple of times I got up and put a diaper on, just so that I could sleep. I stretched those last few diapers I had for at least a couple of weeks, because I wasn't wetting them anymore so I'd wear them in bed until the tapes were a mess. 

I hope that your issue resolves quickly so that you can go back to sleeping soundly. 

@Little Sherri

What I have found is that I do sleep better in a diaper, or in some cases, while "airing out" I just go with my garywear only.  The most important thing that I learned when I started wearing and using diapers is, that it does take time before you actually get used to wearing a diaper, because you have a different feeling to contend with, and let me tell you, you can get a lot more sleep if you don't have to get up and use the bathroom.

I am more comfortable when I can just relax and let go, and it is safer for me, because I don't have to RUN to the bathroom, and it is easier to change a wet diaper than it is to deal with having to be in the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning.......

@kinkygaybottom

It is also my hope that whatever that is, that you are feeling better:  I've had ingrown hairs, and UNGODLY painful zits, so I know what that is like - and I hope that You are able to get through this, with as little pain as possible!

Good Luck!

Brian

• Thanks 1

I wet the bed and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night until I was almost 6 years old.  I developed my diaper fetish because of that and I well remember getting diapered every night for bed in the living room.  In fact, I had to bring my mom the diaper from the dresser every evening.  It was just normal routine for me growing up but I do remember there was a time when I started to become embarrassed about it, maybe around 4 years old when going on vacation and staying at relatives homes.  Even in hotels on the way I didn't want to wear diapers to bed or for others to know about it.  I have no memory of transitioning from night diapers to underpants at night before turning 6 years old, and I never looked back on it or ever wanted to wear diapers to bed again.  Even now as a DL who wears a few times a week, I never want to wear diapers to bed on a regular basis and I can't fall asleep wearing a diaper if I wanted to.  I will get up 3 to 6 times a night to pee but I have no desire to wear diapers to bed to avoid that or for any other reason.

Thank you all for the replies.

Have been using Metanium nappy rash cream since, it was recommended years ago by a district nurse, I suffer like so many other guys, ingrown hairs in the crotch area.

And this was was right on the entrance to my anus, so extremely painful, sit, lay, didn't matter, it hurt all the time.

Thankfully a few days of cream and its gone! YAY, last night I managed to diaper up for bed, and OMG, what a lovely sleep, no nightmares, and my heart rate just steadily dropped overnight, unfortunately woke early by the post man, swine!  But a lovely sleep.

Glad to be diapered again, today enjoyed waking in my Pride diaper, then changed to Aquanauts, and after my shower was ABU Little Pawz till bedtime, and for bed tonight, again Pride, love the rainbows and unicorns, so cute.

IMG_1886.jpeg

I've worn to bed for many years now, but only in the past few years has it become more of a practicality (perils of aging of course).  I have bad enough sleep issues as it is, so not getting out of bed to pee helped immensely as it could take me 30-40 minutes to get back to sleep.  Do that 2 or 3 times in the night and I lose a lot of valuable sleep time. 

As far as stress reduction - the diapers aren't helping or worsening that for me.   I was forced out of a very stressful job a few years ago and even now on occasion I'll still have bad dreams about it.  I think only time will "cure" that for me.   I recently started CPAP for my apnea and that's also helping - I don't recall any truly bad dreams since starting.  Though I do still have issues with how long it takes to fall asleep. 

On 11/26/2020 at 5:01 PM, ~Brian~ said:

because I don't have to RUN to the bathroom, and it is easier to change a wet diaper than it is to deal with having to be in the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning.......

wee hours...  maybe that's how it got that term?   ?