LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

1st hospital stay

So I have just spent 5 days in hospital and this was my first time since being diagnosed as incontinent. The hospital stay had nothing to do with my incontinence.

The most important thing I learned is that next time I will be providing my own nappies as the ones they provided were very thin pull-ups the ones where you wet once and they are full.

This time it didn’t effect me too much as they had me nil by mouth for the whole time I was there I had a drip in but they it going in very slowly that it never made go to the toilet.

thanks for reading

28 minutes ago, Newbee said:

So I have just spent 5 days in hospital and this was my first time since being diagnosed as incontinent. The hospital stay had nothing to do with my incontinence.

The most important thing I learned is that next time I will be providing my own nappies as the ones they provided were very thin pull-ups the ones where you wet once and they are full.

This time it didn’t effect me too much as they had me nil by mouth for the whole time I was there I had a drip in but they it going in very slowly that it never made go to the toilet.

thanks for reading

@Newbee

I think that you have just stated the VERY obvious conclusion that many of us that are incontinent face:  Most of what I learned when researching the situation is that they (medicaid) don't want to pay for the GOOD nappies, they want to have you use the pull ups, and thin cloth "underwear" that they provide.  When I complained to the Medicaid people in my state, they said that the RULES state that a person who is incontinent or in a nursing facility must be changed at LEAST every 2 HOURS, and as such, they can get away with using the cheap stuff that causes skin issues, leaks and comfort problems:  I still can't fathom why, someone who may be a heavy wetter or a pooper is kept in such low grade products, because having the best quality products available could keep skin dry and clean, because it pulls the matter down into the pad.

I hope you are feeling better - Take it nice and easy - When I was in the hospital, If I has sick, they would INSIST on 2 things:  One:  that I eat and hold down food for 2 days, without throwing it up, and TWO, they wanted me to have a BM, or they would use glycerin suppositories or an ENEMA to "help me" release:  that can result in a MESS -hehehee :)

Have a Great Day!

Brian

9 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I keep a couple bags of all-white Bambinos on hand in case of a hospital stay.

Thanks for the tip I will have to do the same.

19 hours ago, Newbee said:

thanks for reading

Oh wow.  Hope you are ok now?

This is something I've been wondering about.  I spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals a few years ago but things have kind of leveled out now.  If I had to go back in now, I'm honestly not sure how things would go. I wake up wetter than I think I should be quite a few times each week now.  I'm honestly not sure what is actually happening down there now.

8 hours ago, oznl said:

Oh wow.  Hope you are ok now?

This is something I've been wondering about.  I spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals a few years ago but things have kind of leveled out now.  If I had to go back in now, I'm honestly not sure how things would go. I wake up wetter than I think I should be quite a few times each week now.  I'm honestly not sure what is actually happening down there now.

Thanks oznl I’m doing ok still not 100% but definitely better than I was.

I am definitely going to makes sure I always have some plain white nappies in my stash just in case.

If you do end up in hospital just tell them you are incontinent they just note it in your chart and don’t make a big deal of it.

Earlier this year I went for a surgical procedure that required I stay in the hospital for a few days. Being that I knew well in advance, I brought my own diapers with me. We packed plain white Rearz Inspire. After the procedure I woke up pretty groggy to a nurse changing my diaper and I remember her commenting how it was no where near full. I told her at that point, I can last 6-8hrs without any issues. That's when she told me about having to be changed every 2hrs. She was nice and notified the nurses that I wouldn't have to be changed until much later. They still came in to check every hour to so but I let them know I was all set and didn't requite a change. Some listened and others did not. 

Last time I spent some time in the hospital  they were upset that u brought my own supplies and stated they could have provided  me with tap style diapers while I was there. I let them know I preferred my diapers and I knew that they could handle a full night so would sleep better.

I wish I had taken my own as I was constantly worried about leaking because the ones they provided me with were very thin. Well you live and learn if there is a next time I will make sure to take my own.

I am now feeling better still not 100% but better.

My last surgery was very bad. I was in so much pain I didn’t car if I had a diaper on or not. I did know I wanted the catheter out. Besides one nurse I had was a bitch I wouldn’t want her putting a diaper on me anyway. Plus another nurse was a male. I was happy to go home and have my own diapers