LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urge incontinence from Earl Grey tea?

Anybody else tried this?

I recently started drinking this and started having bladder spasms to the point to where if I ignore them long enough, I'll wet myself.

Coffee, soda and anything else I drink won't do this, Only if I drink excessive amounts of water.

As an experiment, I drank about 18oz before I went to bed and had 2 spasms that cause me to leak a bit while lying in bed, but not enough to saturate my diaper, and I could swear I was a lot wetter when I woke up this morning because the bed was wet!

I'll keep trying this over the weekend to see what happens.

your bladder might be sensitive to caffeine. it's really fairly common. for some reason, my bladder seems to be selective with caffeine. i drink coffee and (green) tea at work all day, and i go maybe 3 or 4 times during work. but sometimes i'm in and out of the bathroom every 20 minutes or so. sometimes i have a soda and i'm going even more often than that! kinda fun when i'm diapered, though :) kinda annoying when i'm not, especially since my bathrooms are on different floors than my living room. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Caffeine and tannins are both diuretic, meaning that they cause your body to produce a greater volume of pee. So if you drink a lot of tea, especially caffeinated varieties of tea like Earl Grey, you'll need to pee more, and that can overwhelm your control.

Don't overdo it, though, because too much diuretic can dehydrate you. But tea is mostly water, so you're probably not going to have that issue unless you like your tea really strong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, Pootattoo said:

Anybody else tried this?

I recently started drinking this and started having bladder spasms to the point to where if I ignore them long enough, I'll wet myself.

Coffee, soda and anything else I drink won't do this, Only if I drink excessive amounts of water.

As an experiment, I drank about 18oz before I went to bed and had 2 spasms that cause me to leak a bit while lying in bed, but not enough to saturate my diaper, and I could swear I was a lot wetter when I woke up this morning because the bed was wet!

I'll keep trying this over the weekend to see what happens.

I would have more of a concern if it's really spasms it may be more of a reaction to the kind of tea? Yrs ago on a different part of the body,,just an example I drank green tea and shortly after that we had ice cream with our desert,,,,,, I had a reaction to the combination, I could barely breath and it was sudden like my throat was closing up. It was a very scary thing. At that time I drank green tea every day, so it was the combo of the 2. Just a thought, we don't know what reactions our body is going to have to anything till we try it. Are you a regular tea drinker? 

I finally purchased some Earl Grey tea after seeing this post last year. Not sure about anyone else but for me it did nothing to my bladder. I drank it in the evening and later in bed woke up having to pee. Nothing unusual about that though.