LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Wear Cloth Out And About?

In looking at another post, I got to wondering how many of you - if any - wear cloth diapers under your clothes out in public? I'm talking only about those who choose to be discreet and don't want to make a big thing of being seen in diapers - I'm not slamming exhibitionists...do your thing...just that this question is not about that.

If so, can you write a little about your experiences - changing - taking care of 'used' diapers, etc :whistling:

If not, but wish you could, is it more the (in)convenience or the idea that they would be more noticeable? :badmood:

diaperpt

Cloth is too much of a hassle for me when out of the house, unless it's a short trip where I know changing can wait till I get home. Disposables are much easier, and more discreet, especially today's thinner, yet more absorbent diapers.

Currently wear Secure Personal Care's X-Plus diaper durring the day, and am a proud Bambino Baby at night!

I go along with Daily Di on this one. I always wear cloth at home, and when out and about but only if I know it's not that long before I'm home and can change. :lol:

Otherwise it's disposables - Lille Supremes maxi or Abena x-plus when I'm away for longer!

Simba B)

Because of cost and durability, it usually always cloth.

If I have to give a presentation or wear a suit, I need to reduce the bulk so I’ll wear lycra shorts over the plastic pants to slim things down. This does limit the capacity so I need to be properly prepared. Sometimes for a presentation or meeting I’ll switch out the cloth for a disposable.

Yes, changing outside of the house is a pain. I always bring 2 spare diapers of medium weight and a few white trashbags for the wet diapers. I also have some wipes in the bag.

Since I use Velcro tabbed diapers, changing is fast and quick. I can use any bathroom stall or a port-o-pot. If possible I try to use the family or disables restrooms since the stalls are wider and the doors are full size. At a log of newer rest stops, they use the half doors to combat drug use and other ‘things’. Plus I am using a disposable, the family/disabled restroom usually have trash bins for diapers.

With the proper diaper selection and clothing combo, it is virtually impossible for someone to realize I have a diaper on.

There are very practical reasons to wear cloth. Disposables don’t last long when doing work especially on warmer days.

I really wonder how many AB/DLs actually try mowing the grass, shoveling snow, or working on a jobsite wearing a diaper. Disposables don’t last long when you really have to work.

NOTE: Be careful around welding or cutting. Those little sparks that burn your clothing will also put holes into your plastic pants or disposable and you will leak. If you weld, you need to wear a leather apron that covers your waist.

Thanks for the good suggestions for out n about. I have only worn diapers out on a few occasions. I've always been worried about the changing issues and people noticing. But, I may try it doing some yard work...riding moer, etc...non leaning over things.

Thanks for the good suggestions for out n about. I have only worn diapers out on a few occasions. I've always been worried about the changing issues and people noticing. But, I may try it doing some yard work...riding moer, etc...non leaning over things.

I use cloth out and about only in the winter when I know I will be going home before I change. They are more comfortable and less likely to leak and with a long coat there's no way for anyone to know. I don't want anyone to know that I'm wearing and I don't want to wory about someone noticing. The rest of the year I just use disposables.I wonder what life is like in Nome AK? :mellow:

I wear cloth sometimes. I like them and i like disposables. It doesnt really matter to me cause if i get wet Daddy changes me. Thats not an option most have i guess. I dont worry anymore if a diaper will leak or not. That is what Daddy checks for. Sometimes though i think he likes them to leak! ;)

IMG_1332-1.jpg

I've been out in cloth diapers many times. Sometimes I make it kinda obvious, other times I don't. I'm always thickly padded, though, so if anyone really looked they could tell. I sometimes wear my toddlerish OshKosh jumper and a nursery-print shirt. I do get some looks, but I can't tell whether it's my thick diaper or the outerwear that's getting the attention. No one has ever said anything though.

I have a gym bag that I use as a diaper bag. In a side pocket I have a picnic table cloth, which is plastic on one side; I use it, plastic side down, as my changing pad in bathrooms. I have kept people waiting on occasion, but again, no one has said anything.

I've been in just cloth diapers and plastic pants many times: at the beach, at a hotel, walking my neighborhood. I have gotten into trouble a couple of times, so I've backed off on that. But it sure is fun. Right now I'm on my back porch in just my diaper/pp's. I had on a nursery-print sleeper, but it's too warm today, so off it came. I think I'll go out to lunch, so I'll need a diaper change (after a full pot of coffee), then some partially see-through shorts, a t-shirt, and I'm off!

I can't wear disposables, so it's cloth for me. I carry a diaper bag with a change and have learned that my doctor's office will allow me to use an emtpy exam room to change if I'm in town. They understand that there are no changing stations for adults. I also have a friend in town who will let me use her house to change as long as the grandkids aren't there. I've discovered that cloth can hold a lot of liquid! Sometimes the rash afterwards isn't worth it though!

Maybe it's just because I'm fat--I'm already pretty bulgy, and a little extra bulge isn't very noticeable--but as far as I know, no one has ever noticed my diapers, no matter whether I was wearing cloth or disposables, how many of them there were, how wet, or what I had on over them. Maybe someone has, and just didn't say anything, but I really think people are mostly pretty oblivious.

Well, I neither hide, nor deliberately try to show off my diaper....

As for wearing Cloth out - that depends. In general, as pointed out, that's a hassle. However, if I don't expect to be out all that long, I have. But if I am going to be long enough that needing to change it before getting back, no - more trouble than it's worth.....

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants out of the house some. I do not wear thick night weight diapers, but thinner day weight ones. I really prefer cloth to disposable if I know that I will be home in time to change.

Froggy