LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sorry just got out of the shower

Holy crap do I feel old logging into here. Sorry I've been in the shower for the past 8 years. I can't believe this message board is still active,  let alone this website DD. I remember this website and sissybecky.com from back in the day. That website is obviously no longer active anyways.  I'm not sure what made me think about this website but I  decided anyways to log on and poke my nose around. I feel old now I don't even know the median age group of users that are really on here anymore. If you want to find me you can search me on instagram Otterpppup (no im not a furry just really love otters) 

take care 

Oddly enough, I was just thinking about you and Riely, but I don't know why...wierd. Anyway, yup DD is still here and going strong....welcome back if that helps....

Qwack

I'm not officially a furry either and I'm not entirely sure why considering I thought that the reason that I was a little was because of my fascination with soft things.  I remember sissybecky.com too but I think they disappeared back in the super-old 2007/2008 days.

I'm sure most of you have noticed a trend away from websites like DD in all aspects of life.  For those of us who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s (GenX and Millennials)  the internet was small websites and forums.  For those that grew up after 2005 the internet is services and apps.  

42 minutes ago, Sarah_Hillcrest said:

I'm sure most of you have noticed a trend away from websites like DD in all aspects of life.  For those of us who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s (GenX and Millennials)  the internet was small websites and forums.  For those that grew up after 2005 the internet is services and apps.  

Some of us grew up when the internet was a usenet feed that or maybe even Fidonet syndicated through a BBS :-)

Disturbing thought though, the whole "appification" of things.  On one dimension it's pretty cool but on another, it miniaturizes thought and relegates users to content consumers instead of creators.

I've accidentally invested a lot of myself in DD and I hadn't seriously thought about its almost-inevitable demise.

Still here for now though!

32 minutes ago, oznl said:

Some of us grew up when the internet was a usenet feed that or maybe even Fidonet syndicated through a BBS ?

Disturbing thought though, the whole "appification" of things.  On one dimension it's pretty cool but on another, it miniaturizes thought and relegates users to content consumers instead of creators.

I've accidentally invested a lot of myself in DD and I hadn't seriously thought about its almost-inevitable demise.

Still here for now though!

Yeap, that's old school.  My first internet access was my friend's America Online account.  His parents had no idea he was racking up hours of long distance calls on his modem.  They had an 800 dollar phone bill.  

I would say that appificaiton has created far more consumption, but also many more content creators.  It tends to just lower barriers of access for everyone.  It has also changed the type of content to ultra short form things that can be processed by the viewer in seconds, you know if not people will scroll right past it.  

I do think that specialized discussion boards aren't going anywhere as long as someone is willing to maintain them, there are always going to be young and old people looking for more in depth discussion and they are also a great way to filter out less dedicated people.  

Welcome back, @iCrinkle2; when I was growing up, "web pages" still had individual phone numbers, and the word "baud" was very important for bragging rights. 14400? Oh my God, it's like driving a Ferrari. 28800?!?! That's like owning an aircraft. Sigh. 

I grew up in the 1980's, but I think the demographics here are fairly diverse at the moment; I'm not in the chat that often anymore, but when I am, I get the sense that I'm one of the older people there, finding the exchanges on video games and such to be largely indecipherable. But, at the same time, I've conversed with a number of people who are older than I am, as well, and even among the younger folks, there are some "old souls" here. 

This is the only "place" I've ever been online related to diapers, so I'm not sure how it compares to whatever else is out there. I dipped my toe into Fetlife but I couldn't figure out what it was for, or how to navigate it. I did learn a bit about midget nooseplay, though. If there are other sites worth looking at, let me know. Like @oznl, I've "invested" a lot here, in terms of irretrievable time and life energy, although I feel that the ROI has been good, because I've come to terms with a lot of things, via the advice and anecdotes people have shared. But if this place ceased to exist, I don't know where I would go. I guess if it became a mobile-only app, I'd have to buy a phone - I've enjoyed having a phone but not paying for one for the last 20 years or so, because my employer has always picked up the tab, but in exchange for that, I do them, and by extension, my career, the courtesy of not using the device for deeply personal exploits. 

Cheers. 

I love DD. I first came across it when it was a Yahoo group, And it is still going strong.

Long may it last.

ps. It Really did 'you know, yahoooo!'

Maly.