LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hybrid cloth/disposable diaper

Had an idea: because many people here like disposable diapers for the convenience, and cloth diapers for the environmental benefit and cost savings, why not combine the two?  Use a waterproof diaper cover or plastic pants for the outer layer and disposable inserts/boosters for the absorbent part.  This would be just about the same convenience of disposables with less plastic going into the landfill and less laundry than full on cloth diapers.  Has anyone tried this before?  If so, what did you think?  If not, would it be something you'd try?

7 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Had an idea: because many people here like disposable diapers for the convenience, and cloth diapers for the environmental benefit and cost savings, why not combine the two?  Use a waterproof diaper cover or plastic pants for the outer layer and disposable inserts/boosters for the absorbent part.  This would be just about the same convenience of disposables with less plastic going into the landfill and less laundry than full on cloth diapers.  Has anyone tried this before?  If so, what did you think?  If not, would it be something you'd try?

6 hours ago, pcdeezboy said:

Yess!..l have worn that combination of Diapers and l think it's a Great idea for both reasons..:)

I’ve thought about that, but how does one keep the inserts/boosters in place without a disposable diaper atop them?

Just why the major companies triied to be all things to all people, I have no idea. They shoould just face the fact that it is not possible to have a diaper where you do not need rubber panties to be reasonably safe.  I do not know if they can make a diaper with a non-wetproof exterior so that you can reasonably double or triple diaper I do not know. From how I understand things. The SAP would block the flow to the next layers of diaper and you woudl not gain anything from padded sides like the original baby diapers

In the case of baby diapers, You are explicitly instructed by both the companies, experts and home econ social workers to put rubber panties over the throw aways anyway, so why don't the companies force the issue by deleting the so-called wetproof cover. Hell look at the problems they have getting people to wear masks. There is always some shit-for-brains who think they can beat the system so remove the temptation to try

There was a hybrid as early as the early 1950's. It was called "Dryper" and consisted of a disposable , maybe flushable liner and a rubber panty, Throw aways languished before about 1968, when the "post war" society (which much of the 'net society has idealized: It is amazing to see how many 50's websites there are) reached a level of prosperity, which the Babyboomers inheritied, and inheritors do not appreciat what they inherit, where it did not matter. That has not existed for 45 years but that is hidden by the rise of "consumer credit", which illusion causes people to spend beyond their means regularly hoping the day of reckoning never comes, kicking that, and other, cans down the road, during which we have banned burning trash,  municpal incenerators have proven to be too expansive, and the NIMBY chorus has grown to a roar. All of this has caused a dwindle of available dump space. 90% of which is unable to contain toxic or septic stuff  that can be liquified and moved about by rainfall (those require a layer of special claly that would add to the expense for no good reason since it would accommodate about 5% of the contents). If persons knew the full expense of throw-away diapers, meaning the explicit and hidden ones, they would go back to the status they had before 1967, rarely used. However the anti-plastic waste movement may solve the problem for us. But, since we no longer burn trash, the buildup of paper bags will be a problem (back in the day, those used to be saved and reused, which coulc also be done with plastic bags but people are still , in their attitudes, too rich for their own good, not knowing the true cost of things like our parents and your great-grandparents did, having survived the Depression. The spectacle of seeng people build mountains of unesessary waste while complaining about property taxes (to build the dumps to hold those mountains of waste) is a sight to behold. Now of course there is the "post-consumer" expensive recycling contrived "closed system [which resembles nothing in nature yet is the wet dream of the same crowd, the members of which our early 20th century ancestors would call 'Professor Hot-Ass', that replaces the perpetual motion machine, to  squeeze more money out of people in the form of government grants and subsidies]" "industry" that is prime real estate for Murphy and his live-in relatives; Dumb and Stupid, just waiting to create an air or waterborurne catastrophe that will make COVID look like a game of hopscotch. just one mistake, which has just shy of a 100% chance of occurring over time, being both complicated and expensive,  treating that toxic/septic brew will unleash something that will spread like a conspiracy therory among Trump fans. Not for nothing did the individual members of the nobility live FAR longer than the peasantry or did our ancestors burn what could not be used as is. It is for these reasons that the "throw-away" culture is hopelessly illusory and WILL bite us good and hard, just as the "post-indurtrial West" is now learning at the hands of Rd China, basically a third-world dictatorship that has risen to the status of "factory of the world" with virutally none of the knowledge to do so safely: I mean putting melanine in the dog food?

One thing they could do is make the throw-aways so as I said above and so you could rinse them out in the toilet before disposing of them like you used to do with baby diapers

13 hours ago, WBxx said:

I’ve thought about that, but how does one keep the inserts/boosters in place without a disposable diaper atop them?

Most diaper covers are elastic which helps keep them in place. 

13 hours ago, Little Christine said:

There was a hybrid as early as the early 1950's. It was called "Dryper" and consisted of a disposable , maybe flushable liner and a rubber panty

I think those are still around, might be a different brand I'm thinking of but that sounds familiar.

23 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

The boosters I use have a sticky strip on the back.

That was the operating procedure of Salk Sani-Pant, a rayon exteriro, maybe polyurethane interrior (It felt different from typical rubber panteis) and an abosrbant liner with a sticky backing. This was as early as 1964

On 7/19/2020 at 10:48 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Most diaper covers are elastic which helps keep them in place. 

I think those are still around, might be a different brand I'm thinking of but that sounds familiar.

I saw that on the net. I do not know if the product is the same. I think it is in Indonesia or Malaysia

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dryper

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drypers+commercial

I have given up on plastic pants (reusable diapers) cause I can never find one that fits 

Wish there was somewhere I could try them on before buying

I have seen many pictures of good fitting ones, but the common problem with pictures is that there is no info where they are bought, what size etc, and wont fit me

10 hours ago, Dubious said:

I have given up on plastic pants (reusable diapers) cause I can never find one that fits 

Wish there was somewhere I could try them on before buying

I have seen many pictures of good fitting ones, but the common problem with pictures is that there is no info where they are bought, what size etc, and wont fit me

Nobody is going to find an exact fit; the world just does not work that way. You have to adapt to some extent, but unless your measuremnts are bizarre in some way. such has having a wasit less than 41 cm and greater than 113 cm, any one of thies should do it for you

https://rearz.ca/incontinence/diaper-covers/
https://www.myprotex.com/
https://www.llmedico.com/brands/alyne/
http://www.fetware.com/?osCsid=8ed9e903e787c15ecd75adedc40807d2
https://www.babykins.com/

One or two of these even does custom orders

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

Nobody is going to find an exact fit

I have found 2 disposable diapers that fits me perfectly, so there should be a reusable option that also fits..

34 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I have found 2 disposable diapers that fits me perfectly, so there should be a reusable option that also fits..

Cloth diapers are usually pin-on so you can adjust to size. as far as panties. You may wount sanp-on, which have some adjustability at the waist and legs

21 hours ago, Dubious said:

Plastic pants with elastic tend to fit much better than ones without or ones with very loose elastic.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Goodnites actually had kinda such a product called this but they discontinued it from lack of sales

51D Nc5TPzL._AC_SY400_.jpg

• 1 year later...