LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Tapes Snap :(

I have had this experience a couple of times, the last one being today. One of the tapes snapped while I was pulling it tight.

Of course it just means that I can't be as free in using the diaper as I would wish, but it's annoying when it happens

That stinks when that happens. I have a tendency to wrap a little tighter than I should, so it sometimes happens to me also. The embarrassing part is when it let’s go as you are talking to a customer at work. You both hear a plastic snap and they look at you wondering what just snapped in you crotch. I just pretend as if nothing happened!

Lots of people use duct tape, but I've found that just a regular diaper pin works very well!  I can fold the diaper edge just a little and push the diaper pin through what's left of the tape still attached to the back of the diaper.  It holds very tight, is very easy to remove when taking off my diaper and I can always carry a few in my pants pocket - something you can't do with a roll of duct tape.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:08 AM, rusty pins said:

Lots of people use duct tape, but I've found that just a regular diaper pin works very well!  I can fold the diaper edge just a little and push the diaper pin through what's left of the tape still attached to the back of the diaper.  It holds very tight, is very easy to remove when taking off my diaper and I can always carry a few in my pants pocket - something you can't do with a roll of duct tape.

That sounds like a good idea, we might have to try that.

I apparently got a bad bag of Abena Abri-Form Comfort L4's in my last batch.  Yesterday I had both tapes on the right side pull loose from the back flap and firmly attach themselves to the front flap (the back of the tape).  When I was putting on my overnight last night, I noticed that the left tapes are more of a "LOOP" where they attach to the flap instead of folded over the edge.  The right side has about 0.75" of tape interface on the edge of the back flap but the left side only has about 0.2" of interface.  This means that once the tape relaxes and pulls free from the clear non-stick landing zone on the opposite side of that flap, there's very little strength before heat softens the adhesive and the tape slides off the plastic.  

Fortunately the bag only contained twelve diapers and I've gone through 2 - so I've got a few more days of teetering precariously on the brink of losing the entire left side of my diapers.  Fortunately, I wear Leakmaster pants over them so there's still something there to keep the diaper on.

For the first time last night, with my bag of defective Abena L4's, I utilized a preemptive pinning of both left-side tapes.  Where the tapes are inadequately anchored to the back panel, I folded the "loop" back over the plastic flap and used one safety pin using an "in/out/in/out" zigzag.

The "Second Chance" tapes are still functional and will be used this afternoon when rolling up this diaper.  I will sacrifice the two safety pins with the wet diaper since I have a pack of 200 two inch safety pins.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

For the first time last night, with my bag of defective Abena L4's, I utilized a preemptive pinning of both left-side tapes.  Where the tapes are inadequately anchored to the back panel, I folded the "loop" back over the plastic flap and used one safety pin using an "in/out/in/out" zigzag.

The "Second Chance" tapes are still functional and will be used this afternoon when rolling up this diaper.  I will sacrifice the two safety pins with the wet diaper since I have a pack of 200 two inch safety pins.

Yes, I do the same and it always works for me when a tape fails.  I have lots of diaperpins, they are reusable, inexpensive and easy to carry around in your pocket.  Duct tape or packing tape costs money, once used on a diaper it's discarded and very hard to carry a roll of it in your pants pocket.

37 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Yes, I do the same and it always works for me when a tape fails.  I have lots of diaperpins, they are reusable, inexpensive and easy to carry around in your pocket.  Duct tape or packing tape costs money, once used on a diaper it's discarded and very hard to carry a roll of it in your pants pocket.

We picked up some diaper pins yesterday at the store. We are going to try this if my tapes on my diapers fail.

Another option is clear mylar packing tape. I have used this several times as it bonds well and actually can be removed when changing diapers. Note: does not work on diapers with cloth outer covering.

I finally figured out how to re-secure my L4 with the defective left-side tapes when one slips off of the back panel.

There is such a small amount of tape stuck to the left side back panel (both top and bottom) that body heat and stretch causes them to literally slide off the plastic.  the white outer-tape sticks to the front panel along with the now liberated bit that came from the back panel.  The white tape is now well secured to the front, so I deploy the second-chance tape, turn the tape under and wrap the second-chance bit back over the loose back plastic.

Reading what I just wrote, it really makes very little sense!!!  Anyway, short answer, the tape slides off the back plastic due to insufficient surface area in use.  I separate the white tape from the blue tape and manoeuver the white tape back around and use it to re-secure the back plastic flap again.  Essentially the back of the white tape is holding the front panel and the front of the white tape is holding the back.

Same here, I never use the included tapes. They take away from the babyish look of the diaper. I've been using the white color Gorilla Wide duck tape. But then I staple the tops. kind of hard to explain, but I have a folding system. Maybe I can figure out how to to make a video of this one day

Case in point.  I got up this morning knowing in a couple hours I will have to go out and run an errand.  I have maybe two and a half hours so I decided to put on a low end diaper.  About 6 or 7 years ago my now deceased DL friend bought me a package of Value Briefs at a thrift store.  They are plastic backed with 6 tapes and come up very high in the back, but they are thin.  They could last for maybe 2 hours at best, so this morning is the perfect time to use one up.  Unfortunately, they are old and cheap!  The tapes do not stick well at all, so I used 4 of my diaper pins through the tapes to secure my diaper (I didn't bother pinning the middle tapes).  Quick, easy, I didn't have to look around for a roll of duct tape or packing tape and my diaper is very secure!  When I take it off, no duct tape to have to tear through or peal off.  I just unpin it like I would if it were a cloth diaper and I'm set to go, and the diaper pins go back where they stay until I need them again.  And for those who want the babyish look, what looks more babyish than colored diaper pins poking through your diaper?

How can you leave me standing?
Alone with my diaper hanging so cold?
Maybe I'm just too demanding?
Expecting the tapes just to hold?
Should have listened to my mother,
She wasn't satisfied.
Pins were a better idea,
This is what it sounds like when tapes slide.

(Apologies to the former person formerly known as Prince).