LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A leaking question

With the stay at home restrictions in place for the foreseeable future, i'd like to wear more during the day.  I sit at a desk all day, and one thing I'm worried about are leaks.  What precautions are you taking when wearing and sitting for long periods?  Often, I'll get up and walk around a bit and wet then, so most goes down to my seating area, and then is likely to leak out if I sit before the diaper has done sufficient wicking. 

Any advice from others in this situation?

I use thicker diapers or inserts.  The other thing i tend to do is because i enjoy a very full and soggy diaper, i will put down disposal pads on my office chair so that way if my diaper does leak its on the pad.  

Bambino diapers are great for long days with wetting because of the large amounts of SAP in the diaper.  When in doubt use a stuffer, (Insert pads, or even disposal diapers like luvs, or pampers works to.  Just gut slits into the exterior cotton side to allow it to soak threw).

I find betterdry or crinklz get me through most of the day, what diaper are you currently using most diapers will reach a saturation point quicker if it does not have good wicking abilities since the pee will simply pool in one location while the diaper absorbs.

Yes.  Unfortunately our nappies do struggle and it's harder to get maximum value out of them if we're sat at a desk for hours at a time.  I suppose that gravity works against us and we can't expect our urine to climb up our buttocks in order to take advantage of the drier padding up there.  I might just have to buy some chair protection eventually because sometimes it's hard to step away from the computer even though I know that I urgently need to have my bum changed.

I've been diapered 24/7 for well over a year including a lot of office work in a chair.  That's a tough job for an adult diaper and early on, leaks at the rear of my thighs were common towards the end of the day.  Eventually at work I settled on a high quality diaper (usually a BetterDry 24/7) augmented by plastic pants (Gary PUL are my preference but any will do).  This is usually fine but black pants are my last line of insurance :-)

It helps also that as I settled into 24/7 life, my wetting cadence changed significantly:  I wet very often but in very low volumes.  This helps diaper efficacy a LOT and others who have also gone 24/7 have reported a similar shift.

If you are using decently thick cloth diapers, that should not be a problem. You could double up on the rubber panties. Also my seat has a waterproof covering. and I am in short skirts or babydolls when I sit down

I use a reusable Chux pad.   I have five or six of them as I travel for work and will put one on the hotel beds.  When i am switching locations and have a extended drive i put them on the car seat also

9 hours ago, kirababy said:

With the stay at home restrictions in place for the foreseeable future, i'd like to wear more during the day.  I sit at a desk all day, and one thing I'm worried about are leaks.  What precautions are you taking when wearing and sitting for long periods?  Often, I'll get up and walk around a bit and wet then, so most goes down to my seating area, and then is likely to leak out if I sit before the diaper has done sufficient wicking. 

I wear a decent (not too premium) disposable.  Over that I have LeakMaster PUL waterproof pants.  I insert a single microfiber terry diaper insert in the crotch of the LeakMaster pants.  I then wear my Changing Times Diaper Company "Bear Hugz" PUL pants (bloomers!) over that.  Finally, I sit on a 36"x52" bed pad that has been folded into quarters and placed in my desk chair.

Occasionally pee will pass all of my on-body defenses but is stopped at the bed pad which can be folded the opposite way if it gets wet so the wet part is in the middle.  Most of the time the diaper holds everything but when it doesn't, it has to make its way past the LeakMasters in which the diaper stuffer is waiting to soak up anything.  If it makes it past the LeakMaster pants, it still has to get past the Bear Hugz pants/bloomers.