LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is sucking your thumb more babyish than sucking on pacifiers?

42 minutes ago, barnburner said:

I cannot do the thumb thing, tried it, might be similar to why I will never french kiss ever again after my first time many years ago.

Why would you never French kiss again?🤔🤨😕😅😂

On 4/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, Little Spider said:

Why would you never French kiss again?🤔🤨😕😅😂

Something wet/slimy, weirdly textured and warm moving around at random hitting the tongue is not pleasing to me, fingers meet of those same things when in the mouth, thumb gets pruney too after a little bit.

• Like 1

Hiii!

I think both are babyish. But I think my thumb tasteses icky and it's uncomfortable. I looooves my pacies...and stuffies...and diapies...and toys 🧸 !!!

🧜‍♂️

• Like 2
On 5/1/2020 at 2:15 AM, Little Spider said:

Is sucking your thumb more babyish than sucking on pacifiers? I always thought they were both equally babyish but that's just me. Do you prefer one over the other? Let me know. I would like to hear what you have to say.??

I think pacifiers are more babyish, because I have occasionally seen adults sucking on their thumbs, but not using pacifiers.

• Like 2

I never really sucked my thumb,, but I think both sucking a thumb or pacifier can be very babyish, however Pacifiers certainly look and feel more babyish to me. 
They are generally made for Babies after all. :paci::smiley-baby-boy: :baby: :baby_smiley3:

• Like 2

I do not remember sucking either a pacifier or a bottle, but do remember sucking my thumb at about 4

• Like 1

I just recently got a pacifier sized 16 mos and up.  As a place to start.

Honestly I don't get it?   My little space must be broken.

I'm on the fence. While the pacifier isn't a negative experience, I don't seem to do anything to make me feel little? It's like sucking on a flavorless piece of gum or candy.

I'm not going to get rid of it just yet.

It's a different experience, and I'm hoping that it will help me find or develop my little..

Any advice is appreciated.

Regarding thumb sucking.  I work as a mechanic, so my thumb is dirt stained most of the time.  A wrinkley dirty thumb is not very appealing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mishadip said:

I'm on the fence. While the pacifier isn't a negative experience, I don't seem to do anything to make me feel little? It's like sucking on a flavorless piece of gum or candy.

It's a different experience, and I'm hoping that it will help me find or develop my little..

Regarding thumb sucking.  I work as a mechanic, so my thumb is dirt stained most of the time.  A wrinkley dirty thumb is not very appealing.

My advice is to just stick with the pacifier. Sometimes you need to stay with longer in order for it to start to have an effect on you mentally.♥️😊😉

I have always used a pacifier I used them for so long that I can’t sleep without it. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mishadip said:

from I Fail At Baby Bottles

On 5/5/2023 at 5:07 AM, babykeiff said:

Most adults forget how to suck from a baby bottle / nipple due to

1. learning to drink from a cup
  2. lack of practice / use of the muscles of the tounge etc.

To reuse a baby bottle / pacifier / breast nipple as you did as a baby needs remembering how to suckle. This is mainly done with the tounge and the top lip and not done with any vacuum.

1. Open mouth with the tounge just touching your bottom lip while sitting on your bottom teeth / gum.
  2. Place the back of the nipple of the breast / pacifier / bottle on the tounge. With a baby bottle / pacifier, this is the fat bit just past the screw connection of the nipple. With a breast, this is the smooth skin area slightly past the nipple.
  3. Close the top lip down on the nipple without squasing it.
  4. Using the tip of the tounge, press the bottom of the nipple as you move the tounge deeper into your mouth. This causes the similar action a milkmaid uses to milk a cow etc, ie rolling the thumb from the top of the cows tet downwards.
  5. The more you practice this with your tounge, your mind will recall the actual process you used as a baby which will improve your yeild and increase your ability to empty the bottle etc.

A baby doesn't suck a breast nipple / pacifier / bottle but due to the process of suckling, does create a light vacuum to keep 'latched on' until it is sated. The vacuum is created by the movement of the liquid, and not by ones lungs sucking.

As others have stated, if not enough liquid is coming out in each suckle, increase the hole size in the bottle. With a breast nipple, practice to get better.

Since my original post about my pacifiers I got on May 4th 2023.  I think I have used it every day  except for one day.

I can't be DL little at home so I found that I just keep it stashed in the car.

Then I m able to Pop it in as I drive places.  I remove it when I stop at a red light, I feel funny about being spotted with it in my mouth at a light.

Two funny stories so far about my pacifier journey.

I think it was May 8th not that the date matters. I was doing some work outside alone just plugging away at my new paci. Perhaps  a little bit too much. at some point I realized my lip felt funny, I panicked at first, not realizing what happened. I had inadvertently given myself a suction blister.

Lucky they are not a big deal.

Then last night I pulled up to my post office to jump out and mail a letter.

I got about 15 feet away from my car when I realized I had forgotten to leave my paci in the car. Oops, luckily no one was there to see me.

Who knew there are hazards to new littles.

Hopefully one of my stories gave you a little laugh.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 3:15 AM, Little Spider said:

Is sucking your thumb more babyish than sucking on pacifiers? I always thought they were both equally babyish but that's just me. Do you prefer one over the other? Let me know. I would like to hear what you have to say.??

Nope sucking your thumb is just more unhealthy as it leads to alot of doctors appointments and can be really gross if actually in the thought capacity of a toddler because a toddler isn't going to wash their hands after scratching that itch in their butt. Not shure about you man I will stick to the pacis over getting the taste of poop in my mouth. You can boil a paci but if you boil your thumb ..well you get the idea 😱

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 4/28/2023 at 8:13 PM, barnburner said:

Something wet/slimy, weirdly textured and warm moving around at random hitting the tongue is not pleasing to me, fingers meet of those same things when in the mouth, thumb gets pruney too after a little bit.

I mean same but some girl my mom tried to hook me up with tried to french kiss me and I damn near puked on her 😬 First and last date I don't need to be sufficated from some girl's tongue ½ way down my damn throught.

I got to watch a movie just the memory of it is enough .. I feel like I'm about to puke now ..

• Confused 1

Because a pacifier adds a babyish object, I am going with that. I do occasionally suck my thumb, but as an adult I can suck on a pacifiers all day, but thumbs are just too large. I find I have to be more in a little space for the thumb as well. I can suck a pacifier anytime, in bed, work when no one is around, car, and so on.

On 5/6/2023 at 11:17 PM, Mishadip said:

Didnt kno dey made 16mos+ pacificly , the 1s I got a long time ago were 24mos+🤔

Not lik it matherd tho.. scikitrist said it need 2 be bigger 😒 like she sayin I had a big mouth 😂 😂

• Confused 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:15 AM, Spider Boy Diaper Boy said:

Hey there!

I personally feel that pacifiers are more babyish. There's just something about the visual of a pacifier, the cute designs and colors, that really amplifies the babyish feeling for me. Fun fact: when I was an actual baby, my mum told me that I never took to a pacifier. No matter how many times she tried, I would always spit it out and refuse to keep it in my mouth. It's interesting how preferences can change over time. What about you? Do you lean more towards thumb-sucking or pacifiers now?

Warm regards,

Starlight

• Like 2
4 hours ago, babybuddha said:

Hey there!

I personally feel that pacifiers are more babyish. There's just something about the visual of a pacifier, the cute designs and colors, that really amplifies the babyish feeling for me. Fun fact: when I was an actual baby, my mum told me that I never took to a pacifier. No matter how many times she tried, I would always spit it out and refuse to keep it in my mouth. It's interesting how preferences can change over time. What about you? Do you lean more towards thumb-sucking or pacifiers now?

Warm regards,

Starlight

Wow! That's an interesting story. I agree, there's just something about pacifiers that just make them so babyish. And did you know that when you suck on them they actually make a squeaky sound? I think pacifiers are way better than thumb-sucking, not only that but thumb sucking can get you sick. So a pacifier is much more healthy for you. I'm actually planning on getting my very first ABDL pacifier. Which I'm very excited about.😁😊😃♥️😛 

Oh, and one more thing I wanted to add. It's interesting that when you're a actually baby you don't want to be a baby. Dealing with pacifiers, diapers, baby toys, bottles, and so on. But when you grow up you realize that being a baby wasn't so bad and you want to be one again.🤪😊🙃 It's funny how life works that way, rediscovering the joys of Babyhood. I find Babyhood to be MUCH more enjoyable than adulthood.♥️😊

8 hours ago, Spider Boy Diaper Boy said:

Wow! That's an interesting story. I agree, there's just something about pacifiers that just make them so babyish. And did you know that when you suck on them they actually make a squeaky sound? I think pacifiers are way better than thumb-sucking, not only that but thumb sucking can get you sick. So a pacifier is much more healthy for you. I'm actually planning on getting my very first ABDL pacifier. Which I'm very excited about.😁😊😃♥️😛 

Oh, and one more thing I wanted to add. It's interesting that when you're a actually baby you don't want to be a baby. Dealing with pacifiers, diapers, baby toys, bottles, and so on. But when you grow up you realize that being a baby wasn't so bad and you want to be one again.🤪😊🙃 It's funny how life works that way, rediscovering the joys of Babyhood. I find Babyhood to be MUCH more enjoyable than adulthood.♥️😊

Absolutely! Pacifiers do have that uniquely babyish charm, and I've noticed the squeaky sound too when they're sucked on! As for thumb-sucking, you're right about the health concerns; pacifiers are definitely a cleaner alternative. Which ABDL pacifier are you considering for your first? The anticipation of getting your first one must be so exciting! 😁

• Like 1

The only time I don’t use my pacifier is when I go out into the adult world. 
all other times I have a pacifier in apart from when I’m drinking or eating. 
that includes round friends or family and I even carry a pacifier with me to work.